Colin Kaepernick will be the starter, causes bigger problems for Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Colin Kaepernick will be the starter, causes bigger problems for Patriots

I liked the Patriots chances against the 49'ers a whole lot better with Alex Smith at QB.  I believe Kaepernick is going to cause the Patriots some big problems.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Colin Kaepernick will be the starter, causes bigger problems for Patriots

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked the Patriots chances against the 49'ers a whole lot better with Alex Smith at QB.  I believe Kaepernick is going to cause the Patriots some big problems.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

He's a less talented Andrew Luck. Inexperienced QBs don't tend to perform that well against BB. I'm more concerned with Gore and the o-line. Those guys are maulers and it would seem likely that they'll try and play keep the ball away from Brady.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Luck can't run the ball like Kaepernick can.  This can cause big problems!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I feel the same regarding Kaepernick causing some problems for the Pats... not insurmountable though.  There is little film to study so the D will probably make a lot of adjustments as the game goes on. If the Pats can score a bunch, NOT an easy task against SF, & create some kind of pass rush on D, SF could have to throw a lot more than they want to & the QB could start making some bad decisions.

He does seem to be an excellent QB, mobile, good decision maker, and can sling it. My guess is he will probably start well, but the D will begin to contain him after some adjustments, then close in on him as he has to throw more. The secondary could get a turnover or two at some point and if the offense can capitalize, the score could get a bit lopsided in the Pat's favor

That's if all goes well. The Pat's are gonna need a good game plan and good execution to get the ground game working well, which will benefit Brady big time. This game should be a challenge to see where our running game is against a good "D". It'll also be a huge challenge to see how our D stacks up against a great run game and fairly high powered offense.

Basically a huge challenge. Would be great if the Pat's make them look like any one of the last few opponents

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

You're always posting alarmist threads about how so and so is gonna cause the Pats big problems.  You seem to have little faith in TFB.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

only thing that may be to the patriots advantage is that kaepernick is inexperienced and therefore, more likely to make some mistakes....and the patriots have done a great job of capitalizing on opposing team's mistakes, just look at the last two games.....kaepernick is very talented and if the defense loses contain, he can run wild on us.....but hopefully BB has a good plan to keep him in the pocket, similar to what he did against luck.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't the Patriots be worrying about the Dolphins, then Texans? Dolphins are a little bit of a pushover, but Texans are not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While the Patriots have as good a chance as any to get to the SB (despite the still suspect D), isn't this a bit premature?

[/QUOTE]

We have a regular season game against them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While the Patriots have as good a chance as any to get to the SB (despite the still suspect D), isn't this a bit premature?

[/QUOTE]

We have a regular season game against them.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, and as a result, I changed my post. My bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

BB will handle the rookie qb especially at home...of bigger concern is how will Pats handle SFpass rush up the middle...

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're always posting alarmist threads about how so and so is gonna cause the Pats big problems.  You seem to have little faith in TFB.  

[/QUOTE]

No I don't, you need to pay better attention around here.  The reason I bring this up is I have watched Kaepernick play in person for several years and I know what he can do.  His arm strength is huge, can throw the deep ball very well and accurate, something the Pats D has problems with, and he can run the ball very well, probably better then any other QB in the league.  Has has very good speed which will cause problems with the D line and LB's, especially Spikes who isn't very fast.   It was going to be a very tough game as it was, now it just got a bit tougher.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Kaepernick had one of the best 40s at the combine. If he plays the read option like Tebow BB will inevitably destroy him. Questions start to arise when Niners lose. Rodgers, Manning, and Ryan.....all have playoff experience and Kid K does not.

A more important, pressing concern is the 49ers D. That D is legit. The Niners have arguably the best front seven in the NFL and they still have Goldson, Witner and Rogers in the secondary making plays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How is what he did at Nevada remotely close to the level of competition in the NFL and the way opposing coaches prepare for rookie QBs?

[/QUOTE]

Lol, apparently you are another one who isn't paying attention because what he did at Nevada he went out and did the exact same thing to the mighty Bears defense and then followed up and did it against the Saints. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kaepernick had one of the best 40s at the combine. If he plays the read option like Tebow BB will inevitably destroy him. Questions start to arise when Niners lose. Rodgers, Manning, and Ryan.....all have playoff experience and Kid K does not.

A more important, pressing concern is the 49ers D. That D is legit. The Niners have arguably the best front seven in the NFL and they still have Goldson, Witner and Rogers in the secondary making plays.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt the D is a huge problem, but I feel their offense just got a bit more dangerous with Smith on the bench and Kaepernick in.  What was going to be a tough game just got a bit tougher, imo.  That's all!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeh? Tough call. 

I think Smith would be less likely to make a crucial mistake, but he isn't really the most dynamic of talents back there. Kaepernick is obviously an incredibly talented and promising kid, but he is a kid. I don't really think of him as a running QB though ... he is more of a scrambler like Steve Young maybe. He moves around and keeps trying to push the ball downfield. It's a lot different than guys like Newton who just take off whenever they can't get a read. At the same time ... he made some rookie mistakes. I guess SF thinks that ... on balance ... he is a hair better than what they were getting from Smith. Maybe a few more mistakes, but more plays.

At any rate, SF can tinker with their offense because it basically plays with house money. 

I mean, watch their offense in the last game. I think they basically had three three and outs in the 4th quarter ... against the Saints ... and their defense kept feeding them the ball. This isn't a defensive ballclub that can't get it's but in gear on offense like the Ravens or something. IT's the Saints. Their defense is incredibly suspect, and their offense is world beating. It was like watching LSU or something, the way that D kept after it ... and how many chances Kaepernick got to make a play. 

The 49ers have such a good defense their offense gets a lot of chances to score, and can play conservative. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeh? Tough call. 

I think Smith would be less likely to make a crucial mistake, but he isn't really the most dynamic of talents back there. Kaepernick is obviously an incredibly talented and promising kid, but he is a kid. I don't really think of him as a running QB though ... he is more of a scrambler like Steve Young maybe. He moves around and keeps trying to push the ball downfield. It's a lot different than guys like Newton who just take off whenever they can't get a read. At the same time ... he made some rookie mistakes. I guess SF thinks that ... on balance ... he is a hair better than what they were getting from Smith. Maybe a few more mistakes, but more plays.

At any rate, SF can tinker with their offense because it basically plays with house money. 

I mean, watch their offense in the last game. I think they basically had three three and outs in the 4th quarter ... against the Saints ... and their defense kept feeding them the ball. This isn't a defensive ballclub that can't get it's but in gear on offense like the Ravens or something. IT's the Saints. Their defense is incredibly suspect, and their offense is world beating. It was like watching LSU or something, the way that D kept after it ... and how many chances Kaepernick got to make a play. 

The 49ers have such a good defense their offense gets a lot of chances to score, and can play conservative. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB will handle the rookie qb especially at home...of bigger concern is how will Pats handle SFpass rush up the middle...

[/QUOTE]

yeah, how do you handle the 2 smiths? monsters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Talib's gonna run two pick sixes on that newbie punk; put that in your pipe and smoke it man.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How is what he did at Nevada remotely close to the level of competition in the NFL and the way opposing coaches prepare for rookie QBs?

[/QUOTE]

Lol, apparently you are another one who isn't paying attention because what he did at Nevada he went out and did the exact same thing to the mighty Bears defense and then followed up and did it against the Saints. 

[/QUOTE]

231 yards (1 TD, 1 int) plus 27 rushing (with a TD) vs. one of the worst defenses in the NFL is hardly that concerning. New Orleans plays mostly zone, similar (in that respect) to the Pats.  He's mobile, he'll make some plays with his legs, but he better make a bunch to keep up with the Pats offense.  They took two ints back against Brees, that was the difference in that game, not the QB.  He was just OK.

243 passing (2 TDs) and 10 rushing yards against the Bears is a bit more impressive I suppose, because it was the Bears.  But they play a lot of man so hard to get a read on that compared to what the Pats do.   Again though, it was the Niners defense that won the game against an inept Bears offense.

SF is formidable, but not because of Kaepernick in my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agreed. He could be big trouble. Of course, Im half 49er fan, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I could still see the Pats coming up with a good scheme and beating the 49ers. It would help if Gronk was back, but I doubt he will be. I just want to see one of these two teams win the Super Bowl this year.

Sections
Shortcuts