Colin Kaepernick will be the starter, causes bigger problems for Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Colin Kaepernick will be the starter, causes bigger problems for Patriots

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. He could be big trouble. Of course, Im half 49er fan, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I could still see the Pats coming up with a good scheme and beating the 49ers. It would help if Gronk was back, but I doubt he will be. I just want to see one of these two teams win the Super Bowl this year.

[/QUOTE]

Other than the Pats winning the Super Bowl, I'd like to see:

1. If the Pat's can't win, then I'd like to see the 49ers win

2. Joe Flacco play horribly in the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than the Pats winning the Super Bowl, I'd like to see:

[/QUOTE]

It's funny, in July I was talking with Alex Smith and I told him I was picking a Patriots vs 49'ers SuperBowl.  However, I did not mention anything about him not being the starting QB for it. LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Talk about a team that can collapse the pocket? Ugh, theyve got one out there in SF. The Smith brothers are a force, and these guys dont whiff on tackles, they are as solid as they come. It will take everything TB and BB have to beat them.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I disagree. Smith is a 70+% compl guy and wins games. This little magical gimmick idea to start a rookie QB in the middle of the season will backfire. Once we see a couple more weeks of film. BB will be ready.

I don't get the infatuation.   He looks like he has some promise, but anytime a rookie Qb who can dictate and offense, starts quick, the more and more film that comes out, the worse they get.

Would not be surprised at all with 4 games of film on him, that BB has enough to whip up the gameplan that pulls the rug out from them. Huge mistake, IMO, because you've now alienated your starter who had them in the SB last year barring 2 STs fumbles by a rookie kick returner.  Huge mistake by Harbaugh. Now, if Smith faltered after returning from the concussion, then you have a built in excuse and then you turn to Kapernick.  Major blunder. This might sink their SB hopes it's so dumb.

BB will use the Vick/Roethlisberger gameplan (what he should have used in Seattle this year) and NE will flummox Kapernick.

Smith is much better at distributing the ball than Kapernick.   The gameplan will be contain Gore and bottle up Kapernick.  If Jones is back by then, maybe some 3-4 action in that game (with Nink) to keep him in the pocket.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, assuming BB has the horses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I think Harbaugh is looking at the Up side, with an eye on the Lombardi trophy. If Kaepernick plays like a good wild card, then, combined with that D, they could be a terror in the PS. In Smith, he knows what he has; an improved and now reliable QB, yet still a game manager for the most part.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

TFB12 did you not see how Colin would have had a horrible pick 6 in the red zone last week if not for a savvy offensive pass disruption from Randy Moss? 

Colin is a dice roll and could easily be better - but could also be worse. 

That said if the 49ers make it all the way to the Super Bowl, then no, I wouldn't want to see him then as he is more versatile than Smith....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Harbaugh is looking at the Up side, with an eye on the Lombardi trophy. If Kaepernick plays like a good wild card, then, combined with that D, they could be a terror in the PS. In Smith, he knows what he has; an improved and now reliable QB, yet still a game manager for the most part.

[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what he wants. Smith is a game manager. He works when he plays conservatively. 

Harbaugh wants CK to learn on the job. It's his call. 

I, personally, might be inclined to go the other way for one season letting CK ride it out. SF is good enough to win it all with boring old Alex Smith for now. IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I liked the Patriots chances against the 49'ers a whole lot better with Alex Smith at QB.  I believe Kaepernick is going to cause the Patriots some big problems.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter.... either one of them will be turned into the next can't miss HOF'er, if the D plays like it has been against good WINNING teams. Unless, of ciurse, they game plan in a couple of INT's and a fumble recovery, preferrably in the Red Zone. Plus, that's not the JESTS! lousy (at best) defense Brady will be going up against. We'll see. Hopefully, they'll play the full 60 minutes and come away with a W. Win by a few or win by 20.... dznt matter. Just play a full/complete 60 minute game for once.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TFB12 did you not see how Colin would have had a horrible pick 6 in the red zone last week if not for a savvy offensive pass disruption from Randy Moss? 

Colin is a dice roll and could easily be better - but could also be worse. 

That said if the 49ers make it all the way to the Super Bowl, then no, I wouldn't want to see him then as he is more versatile than Smith....

[/QUOTE]

I did and hey, he will make mistakes.  Certainly Smith has the experience over him but the upside, the athletic ability is in favor of Kaepernick.  The 49'ers offense has many more options with Kaepernick as the QB and I think is a far better option for them and much more dangerous to opponents defenses then Smith is.

I have nothing against Smith, I actually like the guy.  I feel he has been screwed over the years and is getting screwed with this deal  I have met and talked with him a few times and he is a cool, and very likeable guy.  But from a QB standpoint, If my team was the 49'ers I would choose Kaepernick over Smith.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Another football game.  Should be fun.  Yay!!!!!