Colin Kaepernick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Colin Kaepernick

Why??  Are you already looking for Brady's replacement?? 

It's a good idea to always be grooming a QB as they can become good trade fodder if they don't get a chance with the team that drafted them but I wouldn't use a 2nd rd pick when you already have arguably the best QB on the planet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Colin Kaepernick:
    It's a good idea to always be grooming a QB Posted by siestafiesta

what you said.

I admire and love what TB has done for this franchise, but TB has 3 years left max, he's getting too many injuries lately. we need to find the next TB, and Hoyer is not him.

i don't want to see TB hobbling around in 4-5 years trying to lead us to another glory ride and gets injured in the AFC CG and can't play in the SB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from krb1981. Show krb1981's posts

the next Tom Brady. LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Kansas normally I'd have no problem with it (given how many picks we have) but not this year.

My reasoning is that the Pats need a pass rush desperately and a large amount of our OLine (80% of the staters) are getting ready to test the FA market or retire in the next 2 years. You add that th only RB signed through next year is Woodhead and this brings trouble.

Luckily for the Pats OLB and DE are some of the deepest positions in this draft so grabbing them early takes care of the pass rush problem. Then just a quick look there is very good talent in 2nd and 3rd rounds for the OL, RB, S/CB, and WR. Now we only have 4 picks in rounds 2-3 so order of priority in the draft should be:

#1 Pass rush
    #2 The OLine
    #3 RB
    #4 Depth in the secondary and WR

now if 1-3 wasn't such a priority I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB but since they are drafting a QB as a backup so early in the draft just after giving Brady such a big extension seems like a wasted opportunity to fix other more vital needs

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Colin is in my neck of the woods and I have watched him play over the years.  He has really developed into a very good QB.  His mobility is great, very quick and can run the ball well.  His arm strenght is tremendous. Seriously one of the more entertaining QB's to watch play and I think will make a great transition into the NFL.  Certainly excited to see where he ends up being drafted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

dude Brady has at least 3-4 seasons left in him.
    and two years is ample time to train a QB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to Colin Kaepernick:
    if this guy is available in the second round BB should take him. has the TB size, but better mobility. Apparently he's getting better interest tham Newton and Locker http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/27/colin-kaepernick-may-be-making-cutler-like-climb/
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Great size
    6'6" 225
    http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10000&ATCLID=530619

Great arm strength
    Established big game winner

Problem is his style is similar to a player we have reached for in the past Kevin O'Connell... I don't mean any disrespect to Colin he is a much more complete player than kevin.

However the style of offense he ran is similar to the one Kevin ran and we know how well Kevins skills translated to the pro game.

I think this kid will be gone in the second round if he is available with in the fourth i would take him just becasue he is the BPA

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

I do like this guy.  Watched him beat Boise State and he impressed the heck out of me.  I'd be okay taking him in the 3rd, but I think there will be too much talent in positions of need in the 2nd to pass on.  Someone will grab him up before we get to him, I'm afraid...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

He's had a heck of a Senior Bowl practice.  By far the best QB.  He'll be moving up into the first round for sure if he keeps it up.  Very accurate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Kansas normally I'd have no problem with it (given how many picks we have) but not this year. My reasoning is that the Pats need a pass rush desperately and a large amount of our OLine (80% of the staters) are getting ready to test the FA market or retire in the next 2 years. You add that th only RB signed through next year is Woodhead and this brings trouble. Luckily for the Pats OLB and DE are some of the deepest positions in this draft so grabbing them early takes care of the pass rush problem. Then just a quick look there is very good talent in 2nd and 3rd rounds for the OL, RB, S/CB, and WR. Now we only have 4 picks in rounds 2-3 so order of priority in the draft should be: #1 Pass rush #2 The OLine #3 RB #4 Depth in the secondary and WR now if 1-3 wasn't such a priority I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB but since they are drafting a QB as a backup so early in the draft just after giving Brady such a big extension seems like a wasted opportunity to fix other more vital needs
    Posted by PatsEng

This.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Kansas normally I'd have no problem with it (given how many picks we have) but not this year. My reasoning is that the Pats need a pass rush desperately and a large amount of our OLine (80% of the staters) are getting ready to test the FA market or retire in the next 2 years. You add that th only RB signed through next year is Woodhead and this brings trouble. Luckily for the Pats OLB and DE are some of the deepest positions in this draft so grabbing them early takes care of the pass rush problem. Then just a quick look there is very good talent in 2nd and 3rd rounds for the OL, RB, S/CB, and WR. Now we only have 4 picks in rounds 2-3 so order of priority in the draft should be: #1 Pass rush #2 The OLine #3 RB #4 Depth in the secondary and WR now if 1-3 wasn't such a priority I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB but since they are drafting a QB as a backup so early in the draft just after giving Brady such a big extension seems like a wasted opportunity to fix other more vital needs
    Posted by PatsEng

i'll be the first to agree, but BB needs to start groomimg the next TB whether he's a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 0r 6th rounder.

I hope BB doesn't waste one of the six pix on a RB,  i think he can find some good ones in the later rounds. look at the kid Green bay picked up from Buffalo U. 

i'd like BB to draft at least 2 DL and and OLB with the first three picks, then big fast WR, OL, QB or CB next

Sections
Shortcuts