Collins Sounds The Part

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Collins Sounds The Part

He already sounds like an upgrade over Mayo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good, it would be nice to have a versatile linebacker that can cover and rush. Reports from yesterday were that he was the best coverage linebacker on the field and already better than anyone we've had the last few years. I found those reports to be very interesting, but very premature as well. This is the time of year where you will get three hugely varying opinions about the same player, during the same practice, but every report on this guy has been positive so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He is the part, and what the pats have missed for some time. Having a guy like him plus awilson on the field together will really change this defense. I can't wait to see him once they put all the pads on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Like it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

our LB were absolutely awful in onverge, but this is good to hear! Bring on the pas rush with Hightower and Jones, these guys are under the radar for 2nd year guys in training camp. Thanks Tebow ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Collins is very fast, very flexible. More so than Chandler Jones. Funny thing, I have seen him now twice at 2 practices and he was playing the position I thought AWilson would play, and AWilson is playing the position I thought TWilson would play. 

Of course it is very early and every one is settling in, but Collins and AWilson might battle for snaps in that cover LB role....

I like our 3 starting LB's a lot. But Collins is going to force himself into the picture to get snaps at some ones expense. No pads on yet (today they will) but I would like to see the Pats on passing downs bring Hightower, Jones and Collins after the QB from both edges in uneven stack (shades of Rex), with MAyo in the middle. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Collins is very fast, very flexible. More so than Chandler Jones. Funny thing, I have seen him now twice at 2 practices and he was playing the position I thought AWilson would play, and AWilson is playing the position I thought TWilson would play. 

Of course it is very early and every one is settling in, but Collins and AWilson might battle for snaps in that cover LB role....

I like our 3 starting LB's a lot. But Collins is going to force himself into the picture to get snaps at some ones expense. No pads on yet (today they will) but I would like to see the Pats on passing downs bring Hightower, Jones and Collins after the QB from both edges in uneven stack (shades of Rex), with MAyo in the middle. 

Reiss said they moved him all around checking his versatility And he could be used I'm many packages. It appears he could get playing time at a few people's expense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

He was the guy I picked as my breakout player in the other thread.  I think an athletic LB who can both rush the passer and drop into coverage could make a huge difference for the defense.  Our current LBs are all good run guys, but they aren't impact guys in the passing game.  If Collins can add thet dimension (and Hightower develop along with him), the LB group will be much more effective helping both the guys in front of them and the guys behind them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Pats already have a top ten run D (8th I think). And having a potential three down backer who could be used as an edge rusher and in coverage really will help this defense. Chandler bulks up, Spikes in a contract year, Hightower one year under his belt, and a quality safety (A Wilson) along with a partially revamped D Line and a secondary that has a full year of Talib (also a contract year). I like how this defense is shaping up.....seems like a very hungry D IMHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Who is Rex? Please don't tell the board you're yet again referncing the Jets.  The Jets suck. Get over it.

BB, the greatest coach ever, isn't taking cues from Rex freaking Ryan.

This from the guy that posts something about the Jets every day??

To think Rex hasn't done a great job with Balt and the Jets in creating pressure from uneven edge rushers is foolish. Your attempt at trolling, as usual, cements my opinion that you know nothing about football, you are a plant by BDC to troll this board and attempt to keep interest up thru be an *ss. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Who is Rex? Please don't tell the board you're yet again referncing the Jets.  The Jets suck. Get over it.

BB, the greatest coach ever, isn't taking cues from Rex freaking Ryan.

Maybe he should have the last time they faced each other in the playoffs.

(PSA:  I am not a Jets fan.  Just giving it to Rusty here.)

Sections
Shortcuts