Collinsworth on Inside the NFL picks the Pats to make the SB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Collinsworth on Inside the NFL picks the Pats to make the SB

I love the Pats, but I blew coffee out my nose when I heard him make his prediction.
    He says when (if) Green, Wilfork, and Warren are all healthy they will be a different defense, etc, etc, etc.
    Nice to hear someone speak this highly, even if it sounds unrealistic right now.

Do you think he really believes what he said?  Or is it a reflection of too many career concussions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Collinsworth on Inside the NFL picks the Pats to make the SB

nyjoseph... think about it.. when the Pats are healthy across the board, their backfield full again with their starters, O-line healthy etc...  they can be a force.  When's the last time we saw that?  Chris obviously sees the potential as, I am certain, BB does.  Why else haven't we heard any panic type words from that camp? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Collinsworth on Inside the NFL picks the Pats to make the SB:
    I love the Pats, but I blew coffee out my nose when I heard him make his prediction. He says when (if) Green, Wilfork, and Warren are all healthy they will be a different defense, etc, etc, etc. Nice to hear someone speak this highly, even if it sounds unrealistic right now. Do you think he really believes what he said?  Or is it a reflection of too many career concussions?
    Posted by nyjoseph

I think the Patriots are the New Flavor of the month for these guys. They have shown weakness this year and the talking heads all want to seem like their smarter than everyone else. It's really not that big a leap to use the Pats as your pick judging from their past. If the Pats were undefeated and the Colts were 8-5 Collinsworth would be picking the Colts and saying " That's the team that Nobody wants to play in the Playoffs.

Jags are hanging in there tonight! We can only hope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Collinsworth on Inside the NFL picks the Pats to make the SB:
    I love the Pats, but I blew coffee out my nose when I heard him make his prediction. He says when (if) Green, Wilfork, and Warren are all healthy they will be a different defense, etc, etc, etc. Nice to hear someone speak this highly, even if it sounds unrealistic right now. Do you think he really believes what he said?  Or is it a reflection of too many career concussions?
    Posted by nyjoseph

Sounds kind of him, but I don't like hearing that when talking about the Pats. Everyday, I hear that excuse (injuries) for why the Seahawks does not go anywhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I just sh$t a cucumber!  He usually bangs on the Pats.  As agcsbill basically stated, we are not as bad as some think.  4 of our losses were games we barely loss.  We only need to improve a couple of our problem areas to surprise people in the playoffs.  I have confidence that BB is tackling the play calling issue now.  They've finally realized they can't play the 2007 offense this year.  I also think we've found a winning mixture on the O-Line.  Fred Taylor will be coming back.  Maroney is running hard.  Pass rush is the only unknown...  I'll reserve judgment on the secondary, because no secondary can hold up indefinitely if the QB gets no pressure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he's pretty good on his analysis. the pats are pretty healthy right now as compared to many teams going into the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Brady is pretty beat up. Pats havent played well consistently all year, so winning a super bowl would be hard.  Now with an injured  Brady, our chances are even smaller. They cant win the SB playing like they did against Carolina and Buffalo. The next game is crucial, Brady, Moss and Welker can miss the game against Houston and rest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Having healthy players doesn't guarantee that they'll do what's necessary to win. They could also be rusty. I'm a grinch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Breer has the Patriots in second place in the NFL on his play efficiency ratings.  I have the Patriots in first place on my time-weighted point differential ratings.

The Pats should go into Indy a second time with a big pile of somewhat more experienced second round rookies and free agents all jelling, plus RB Fred Taylor has 4 weeks to shake off the rust.  The team is heading in the right direction for a peak.  I presume Indy had an ordinary draft and is now dealing with typical injury problems?

BB plays teams better the second time around.

Indy fell 17 points behind last time.  What if that happens one more time, and this time they don't climb out so well, or even get deeper this time?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This isn't so surprising.

Pats were odds-on to win it all at the beginning of the season, and the only team that's really surprised me is N'awlins, which is showing cracks -- as are the Vikings. For all their undefeatedness, the Colts are a paper bag waiting to blow away in the first strong wind. San Dago looks tough, but has had a propensity to implode at just the right (wrong?) moment in the playoffs.

Question:  Who will beat the Pats in January?

Answer:  No one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Bobalouie - Every team has a lot of injuries this time of year. Just not a Pats problem. Chris is an idiot anyway.Some of his analysis make it hard for me to believe that he actually played the game.

Because of your vast years playing?

Seriously, how can you make a judgment about someone's experience that you yourself don't have?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

The Pats would probably have to win on the road in SD and Indy. Possible but man lets be real.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cityrooster1. Show cityrooster1's posts

Collingsworth is doing LSD. Pats won't even get by Jacksonville this week-end, and Houstons passing attack next week is going to knock them out of the platoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Pats need to get healthy...win this week and give the walking wounded including Brady their own bye week next week.

The Pats have looked ok at times.  The should have beated Indy, and the only bad game was NO.  They have to tools, they need to get healthy and moving in the same direction.

I'd love to see if Weiss would accept a"consulting" job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Does anyone have the link to this article by Collinsworth?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

How come nobody backed up Paul and his genius power ranking formula.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

The Pats are not beat up but Wilfork, Warren and Brady need rest. I wonder if BB will try to rest Wilfork and Warren this Sunday. At the beginning of the season Brady was rusty - that was obvious. Now Brady is hurt and they are trying to overprotect him. What is consistent with all three SB victories - Brady is healthy - not fighting through cracked ribs, or a sprain, or whatever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

come on... both houston and indy are idiot teams. pats often beat up on teams with stupid coaches!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one."

Merry Christmas all.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Jacksonville will be tough tomorrow, but I like having Brady at QB for the playoffs. Anything can happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Uh, Brady has NOT been healthy for all three Superbowl victories. Do you remember the Bledsoe/Brady argument before the first one? Brady was fighting a sprained ankle, I believe.

Don't forget 2007, he had an injury going into the game too...We didn't win that one but he wasn't healthy going in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KUL00. Show KUL00's posts

http://sports.sho.com/browse/video-portal-infl.html?id=57882942001

Sections
Shortcuts