colt lyerla - might be a good gamble !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

colt lyerla - might be a good gamble !!

seeing how this draft unfolded , what the heck we got to lose lets draft colt lyerla .

he has a lot of talent but the drug use and other issues has made him drop down the draft better draft him than stock pile more 6/7 round draft pick.

i have also have i hopes that they might draft Andre Williams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: colt lyerla - might be a good gamble !!

No Way!  We had chances to get 1 of 3 really good TE's and we blew it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

so again lets wait fo another zack sudfeld so that we can cut during the season ,

DaQuan Jones or  David Yankey might be good choices , but as we know BBhe might draft another ebner ,LS,punter ,kicker in the fourth round.

so so frustrating.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh, I'm sure Dustin Keller is on speed dial.  Will probably join the Pats any day now.

I'm holding out hope the Pats will be able to trade Mallet to Houston for CJ Fiedorowicz.  Might have to give the Texans some of our stock piled picks too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Pats just lost their mojo.  All things come to an end, and this draft represents the beginning of the decline of the dynasty

Every team gained ground on the Pats after 3 rounds and Houston, SF, and Seattle just left them in the dust for years to come.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB is far too anal at this point to do something like that. Apparently BB can't build a championship team on his own to save his life.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

The Pats just lost their mojo.  All things come to an end, and this draft represents the beginning of the decline of the dynasty

Every team gained ground on the Pats after 3 rounds and Houston, SF, and Seattle just left them in the dust for years to come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I agree and think Colt Lyerla could "save" the Pats draft!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

In response to yakv's comment:

so again lets wait fo another zack sudfeld so that we can cut during the season ,

DaQuan Jones or  David Yankey might be good choices , but as we know BBhe might draft another ebner ,LS,punter ,kicker in the fourth round.

so so frustrating.

Dude, about Zack S. You know that was standard op. procedure to rotate players in and out of 53-man & PS? The Jets simply returned us the favor of us hijacking Woodhead few years back. Bad news for Zack, because the Jets can't develop him, whereas we would have done better at that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Seattle is getting panned for their draft - except for pom-pom waving draft sites that only give thumbs down in rare occasions. Neither player addresses any holes in their team, and the later player was supposed to be a late third day pick. They basically picked hoping they could get a poor man's Percy Harvin. 

SF took Ward and a bunch of spare parts, grabbing an uninspiring RB that fell and fell and a few knick-knacks. Their biggest grab was a WR from Buffalo. So Ward, maybe, makes up for Eric Reid, their 1st from two seasons ago, who is a walking concussion at age 22. 

The Texans don't even have a QB?! Clowney is a great potential ... do you want to compare a team that went 2-14 to one that went to the AFC championship? Of course they got a name ... they were terrible, are going to be terrible, and have in no way "passed" NE.

To be frank Easley is Clowney with an ACL that caused him to drop. Same ceiling. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I'll be thrilled if they take a flyer on Lyerla. He is raw. He is crazy. But he is a freak athlete. He is a top performer in all of the "explosive" events. He's been used as a true H-back.

He would only command a 4th rounder or less, which imo are disposable.

I'd take him in a heartbeat ... cut him or bury him on the roster if he causes any trouble.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

Z... Too much common sense for this crowd.

Remember, you're dealing with posters submitting stupid, but entertaining, stuff like the ''BB screwed us" thread. 

In response to zbellino's comment:

Seattle is getting panned for their draft - except for pom-pom waving draft sites that only give thumbs down in rare occasions. Neither player addresses any holes in their team, and the later player was supposed to be a late third day pick. They basically picked hoping they could get a poor man's Percy Harvin. 

SF took Ward and a bunch of spare parts, grabbing an uninspiring RB that fell and fell and a few knick-knacks. Their biggest grab was a WR from Buffalo. So Ward, maybe, makes up for Eric Reid, their 1st from two seasons ago, who is a walking concussion at age 22. 

The Texans don't even have a QB?! Clowney is a great potential ... do you want to compare a team that went 2-14 to one that went to the AFC championship? Of course they got a name ... they were terrible, are going to be terrible, and have in no way "passed" NE.

To be frank Easley is Clowney with an ACL that caused him to drop. Same ceiling. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The truth is, BB is the most overrated GM in probably the history of the game. The reality is a faint glimmer of the hype. BB won't sign Lyerla because he's too f'n stupid to. Simple as that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Colt - might as well put a gun to your head and shoot yourself as sign that head case. Quit on his team, snorted coke, and is a whack job to boot!

As far as I can see he is still unemployed 24 hours after the last draft pick - should tell you something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

If a post ever deserved that blasted facepalm gif, it's this one. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

phony

In response to mia76's comment:

Colt - might as well put a gun to your head and shoot yourself as sign that head case. Quit on his team, snorted coke, and is a whack job to boot!

As far as I can see he is still unemployed 24 hours after the last draft pick - should tell you something.

[object HTMLDivElement]

The NFL features murderers, but Lyerla getting caught doing some blow sends the NFL drama queens into convulsions. This tells me a lot.

If blowing some toot kept you out of the NFL half the guys wouldn't be there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

phony

[object HTMLDivElement]

The NFL features murderers, but Lyerla getting caught doing some blow sends the NFL drama queens into convulsions. This tells me a lot.

That is just on top of the fact he quit on his team, and obviously has a screw loose somewhere with his conspiracy theory stuff.

AJM dropped way down because his personality turned off a lot of folks in pre draft meetings supposedly and he won two NCs - this guy did nothing in college and quit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

phony

[object HTMLDivElement]

That is just on top of the fact he quit on his team, and obviously has a screw loose somewhere with his conspiracy theory stuff.

AJM dropped way down because his personality turned off a lot of folks in pre draft meetings supposedly and he won two NCs - this guy did nothing in college and quit.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Big deal, he quit on his team. Why shouldn't he have? They were grossly underutilizing him. He had 34 catches for 565 yards and 11 TDs as a TE. That's nearly 17 yards a catch and nearly a 33% TD rate. That's phenomenal for a TE. Every scouting report shows his skills as top rung athleticism. I'll grant you CL isn't too bright. He never should have gone to Oregon.

As far as his conspiracy theory statements, I'll grant you a prospect looking to go to the NFL should keep his mouth shut. But if we gagged every goofball kid with a big mouth in his early 20s that would only leave a handful of them to listen to. Millions of Americans think the government lies all the time, and there is proof that they have on a number of occasions.

Silly fools who succumb to the drama aren't apt to win Lombardis. Shrewd judges who know when the drama is just hot air and cut through that, will.

If Dick Rehbein listened to the clowns saying Brady couldn't hold the starting job at Michigan rather than sifting through the BS and seeing the facts we would have no Lombardis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

The truth is, BB is the most overrated GM in probably the history of the game. The reality is a faint glimmer of the hype. BB won't sign Lyerla because he's too f'n stupid to. Simple as that.

So, BB is stupid because he did not sign a guy who is yet to be drafted by any of the teams?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

A lot of whiners here. And how many games does BB's team win EVERY year? Best in the league over the last 14 years or so. Best. Best regular season. Best post season. And damn close to two other SB wins with late game leads.

Colts lose Manning for a season and they win something like 1 game and get the highest pick in the draft. BB loses Brady and we win 11 games with a QB who was not even his college team's starter!

ANd yet here you all are. BB cant put together a roster to save his life. Funny. And you are geniuses. CJF is the next great TE? Well, maybe he will be. But no one has kept his team winning so many games for so long.

ANd by the way, Parcells never won a SB without BB. Period.

Have a criticism or a different opinion fine. But the constant omnipotence of some of the posters here is tiring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

A lot of whiners here. And how many games does BB's team win EVERY year? Best in the league over the last 14 years or so. Best. Best regular season. Best post season. And damn close to two other SB wins with late game leads.

Colts lose Manning for a season and they win something like 1 game and get the highest pick in the draft. BB loses Brady and we win 11 games with a QB who was not even his college team's starter!

ANd yet here you all are. BB cant put together a roster to save his life. Funny. And you are geniuses. CJF is the next great TE? Well, maybe he will be. But no one has kept his team winning so many games for so long.

ANd by the way, Parcells never won a SB without BB. Period.

Have a criticism or a different opinion fine. But the constant omnipotence of some of the posters here is tiring.

I've been saying for years that BB was better than BP. I  argue that his teams are generally in the top 8 every year with the posters all the time, and the only counter to my support is that they only win because they cheat.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Babe - really ... he didn't like the coaching so he took his ball and went home. Yup, that sounds like a player I want to add to my locker room, and waste a draft pick on.

Telling that he doesn't seem to have any interest from any of the 32 teams as an UDFA - but I am sure you know better than all those GMs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

What's new...predictable anti-BB comments from the usual suspects...if it don't apply let it fly!

Sections
Shortcuts