Colts add Kerry Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Colts add Kerry Collins

This is from an article on ESPN.com:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6891243/kerry-collins-unretires-joins-indianapolis-colts-per-tweet-jim-irsay

As insurance in case Peyton Manning isn't healthy enough to start the opener, the Indianapolis Colts reached an agreement with veteran quarterback Kerry Collins, team owner Jim Irsay tweeted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Re: Colts add Kerry Collins

Colts cannot trust Painter or Orlovsky. This is a smart move to sign Collins. Looks like Peyton will not be ready week one at the very least.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Smart move to have vet as starter (if Peyton is unavailable).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

"Sources" are saying that Manning is doubtful for the opener.This is from the article:

Colts sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that while Manning is making some progress and has maintained optimism, the team's hierarchy does not believe he will be ready for the regular-season opener.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

As if last year wasn't the sign, Mr Manning, welcome to the crap half of your career...... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Colts add Kerry Collins:
    [QUOTE]It's Houston's division to lose.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Yet, I can still see them finding a way to lose it!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

He can't be worse than Painter. But if you replace Painter you should replace him with Plummer. It only makes sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts add Kerry Collins : Agreed.  Yet, I can still see them finding a way to lose it!!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

Still, Collins is a smart move in comparison to what they've got.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They should give Painter a chance, BB gave Cassel a shot and look how that turned out. He just needs time to gel with the WRs, unless Polian has been drafting scrubs as back-ups so that when they decide to sit Peyton it makes Peyton look so much better by comparasion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think the interesting part will be to see how totally pedestrian the Clots are without Manning.  I'm sure he will come back before too long, but with neck stuff I'm pretty sure that boy is done.  It's a looooooooonnnnng downhill slide from here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Colts front office would have been better off if they had done this 2-3 weeks ago.That would have given Collins more time to get used to the system and receivers in Indy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

This is a smart move by the Colts, I remember Bledsoe going down 10 years ago and the Patriots weren't dumb enough to go with some unproven young backup n their roster, they went out and signed a veteran off the street to lead the team and avoided all the problems they would have had.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yeah, the only difference being that Tom Brady has actually outplayed Drew Bledsoe in camp and preseason and would have been starting anyway if not for Bledsoe's experience(stated by BB himself).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Collins is a home  town guy from walpole  ,had some great games for  tenn and other teams thoughout his career.Hes not a starter but yes solid backback.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

[QUOTE] Collins is a home  town guy from walpole  ,had some great games for  tenn and other teams thoughout his career.Hes not a starter but yes solid backback.
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Todd Collins is from Walpole, not Kerry Collins

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Mannings neck is never going to be right again. Best case scenario is that he doesn't get hurt too badly again. It's going to be a tough descision to retire, but he's got enough money & probably doesn't want to be paralyzed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

sorry thats my mistake.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

If I was Polian, I would have offered BB a second for Hoyer.  BB probably wouldn't have taken it though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Don't get too excited guy...Peyton will probably play...& will play another 3-4 years...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

LOL, They might win 5 games now instead of 3.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Manning should retire while his health is still intact. Football is just a game- it is not worth putting your life in a jeapordy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

cant beleive it looks like the colts have yet to even think of life after   manning