Colts Are NOT the Winningest Team of This Decade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

Colts Are NOT the Winningest Team of This Decade

I am so sick of hearing that the Colts have won the most games this decade.  It is simply not true.  In typical Colt and pro Peyton fashion, the media has been all over this topic, even Polian himself used his radio show to say how important winning the most games this decade was to him.  BULL!

The facts are, so far in this decade, including the playoffs, the Patriots have won 126 games, and the Colts have won 122.  Since when do we not count the playoffs when we are talking about the "winningest teams".

Pats have 112 regular season wins, and 14 playoff wins.  The Colts have 115 regular season wins, and 7 playoff wins.  (Side Note:  If you carve out the one super bowl season, Peyton only has 3 playoff wins total in his career.  He is 7-8 in his career in the playoffs, with 17 ints in those games.)

Can we please stop trying to create ways that Indy can compete for team of the decade.  Pats have more wins and more rings, case closed.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Colts Are NOT the Winningest Team of This Decade

Everyone knows most regular season wins in a decade does not make you the team of the decade, what counts is Championships. tacking on playoff wins to regular season wins does not make you the team of the decade either. Simple:

Candidates:

1. Pats - 3 SB wins (Team of The Decade)
    2. Steelers -2 SB wins

I don't even see the Colts in the picture.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

I am not even saying this is the formula for team of the decade.  I am simply stating that I can't stand watching a football broadcast that puts up graphics with the COlts having the most wins in the decade, without at least noting that the total does not include postseason wins, which, when factored in, mean the Pats have the most wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

I wondered about this but was too lazy to look it up and count. Thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Dolphins won more games than the Steelers in the 70's but I never heard the 70's Dolphins named the team of the decade.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The media is more Colts freindly, they always like to post thier stats, especially melonhead manning's. until he has 3 or more SB rings on his hand, he's just another Dan Marino 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Another meaningless record.  The NFL didn't even start 16 game seasons until 1978 so every team before the 80's has 20 less games and couldn't possibly hold the record.  Add to that the strike shortened seasons of the 90's and they lose 9 games.  So really only 2 decades the 80's and 2000's played enough games to hold the record.

That doesn't even address how arbitrary decade markers are.  It doesn't mean the best in 10 years.  From 1989-1998 the 49ers won 123 games and that is missing 2 games for a strike.  Too bad Steve Young got injured, in 1999 and they only won 4 games.  If he had played another year they would hold that meaningless record.  They had 109 games before 99 started and had won at least 10 games the previous 15 years.

BTW, who was the team of the 90's?  The Cowboys, because who gives a F**k about regular season wins. (unless you're going for a perfect season)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Let me add to the silliness.  No coach is even close to winning as many games in any decade as Bill Belichick has won in this decade.

Maybe they'll name the coach of the year award after him. :)