In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Udog, What are your thoughts on why the game didn't sell out?

BTW, I see that the black out deadline has been extended.

[/QUOTE]

any answer I give is pure speculation.  I am not sure how the pats handle the playoffs with Season ticket holders, but in indy, I think an offer on these tickets is made to season ticket holders midway through the season.  Payment is required and not refunded, I think, until the colts don't make the playoffs, and even then, if they don't, I think the team applies the money to next year's season tickets unless specifically requested otherwise. 

It is possible that at the time the offer went out, that the colts did not look like much of a playoff team and so season ticket holders balked.  Further, given the price of tickets, teams always look for deep pockets to fill seats.  In a small market, those deep pockets are signifcantly less than in a large market. 

I am sure the colts will sell out.  Either way, the NFL has an issue on its hands.  I truly believe it has reached the pinnacle of its financial profitability.  Due to the very high salary cap and teams paying for new stadiums (even public private ventures) tickets have become unaffordable for the vast majority of citizens. 

I think we are going to see big changes in the league over the next 10 years - especially in the small markets. 

The league can't just assume there's another small market to send a team to.  LA never supported a team and yet it is the second largest market in the country.  The large markets will always survive, but beyond maybe 15 locations, the league must be worried. 

I know that's long winded, but I think the league has reached the peak of what they can ask fans to shell out for games.

[/QUOTE]

It is offered up around Thanksgiving time and not refunded. If there is no home game, then they apply the amount towards the next season's pricing.

Of course, here, Krafty Bob might also raise prices as well.

Since the Colts in a slam dunk winning division had ticket holders who balked, doesn't that mean your fanbase is in a crappy sports town?  If Houston is so bad, Jax so bad, Tenn not challenging, how on earth are the ticket holders not paying for playoff tickets?

Do you realize how dumb you sound?

[/QUOTE]

you telling me I sound dumb is a compliment.  You couldn't possibly know what it means.  A few years back you tried to sell boston as a small market. 

The only dumb thing I've done on this board is give you the benefit of the doubt.  I always kick myself (like I have over the past couple of days) for doing it.  And I tell myself, as I have just now, NEVER AGAIN.  Russ is the worst kind of human.  I didn't think anyone could be worse than Babe, but...

[/QUOTE]

Wow. You seemed to be pretty annoyed by this thread on our board, huh? Interesting.

So, you're on here with a premise talking about population (you just said Philly was only a big market based on size only) as to what a "market" means, yet it's what I used to explain why Boston at 550K as the main city in a region, similar to Indianapolis, is not that big.

Hypocrite much?

Oh boy, UNderpanties, have you got your self in a bind on this one. LMAO

Please remove you creepy child molester avatar, too.

[/QUOTE]

Not really.  I just like treating you like the b tch you are.  I am not interested in helping you improve your intelligence.  If you are too stupid to undersand, that's your problem. 

[/QUOTE]

Officially unglued.^^

I can see you have no real counter and have been cornered.   Duly noted.

[/QUOTE]
    noted by the brainless.  brilliant.  the smartest thing you've done...check that, you've never done anything smart.  LOL!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Re: Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

So I opened this thread and a hockey game was going on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The folks who do not buy tickets or go to these games have DirecTV's football package and can see the games in the comfort of 70 degrees, lounge chairs, big screen TVs and very inexpensive food and drink.  Other than for the Colts, a dome, given the forecasted weather in Cincy and GB, seems that is the reason.

[/QUOTE]

That sounds logical but then how do you explain that Philly is sold out and it's going to be 22 at kickoff Saturday Night.

[/QUOTE]

It's Philly and they are a great sports town.

[/QUOTE]
    philadelphia is the sixth largest MSA in the US.  They have a population to cover any issues.  It has nothing to do with being a great sports town. 

[/QUOTE]

You're clearly a moron. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Philly sports, that is a top 3 sports town in the country. Period. Their fans are loonybirds and passionate.

1. Boston

2. Philly/NY

3. NY/Philly

It's just the way it is and you clearly haven't traveled around this country much.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Boston is number one.  After all, it only takes six of the United States to support 3 professional franchises.  Whereas in NY/NJ metro alone you only have a measly 9 franchises.

[/QUOTE]

Jealousy.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I've ever run across anyone that claims others are jealous anywhere near as often as you do.  Jealousy just isn't a common thing.  But let's say it was, what, in this case, would one be jealous about?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know, the fact Boston is title town over the past 10 years, you being a loser, never seeing your Jets in a SB, not having a college degree, ever touched puss in your life at 45, no career, etc?

How about that, for starters?

If you weren't jealous of others, you wouldn't even be here.  

[/QUOTE]

Still so obsessed with others sex lives?  God that is so creepy.  So what would make jealous about Boston being "title town"  Are you somehow asuming that I am neither a Red Sox fan or a Celtics fan?  Oh my, small minds are so sad.  This is right in line with your idiot belief that all Jet fans live in NJ. What a moron.  

I mean, sure I wish I had that photograhic memory, 150+ IQ, multiple masters degrees and the internship at the fortune 50 company, but jealous?  Nope.

The best part is that you have no idea just how sad and pathetic you are.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pat's vs Tenn game in 2004 was 2 with a wind chill minus 10 and yes it was uncomfortable but I don't remember ever feeling like I was in danger and I don't recall reading about many hypothermia issues the next day. That was the coldest game I have ever been to. I was more uncomfortable last Sunday against Buffalo.

[/QUOTE]

THat was one of my two coldest games.  I guess it wasn't even subzero without the windchill Wink

I was dressed for it, but it was really cold way up near the top of the third deck.  Oddly, the coldest game I was at at Lambeau (about four degrees at kick off, but sunny) didn't feel nearly as cold as a Detroit game I was there for where the temperature was in the teens, but it was snowing and just damp and uncomfortable. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't envy you guys in the 3rd deck... in the 2nd deck we have the benefit of having more protection from the wind than you guys have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pat's vs Tenn game in 2004 was 2 with a wind chill minus 10 and yes it was uncomfortable but I don't remember ever feeling like I was in danger and I don't recall reading about many hypothermia issues the next day. That was the coldest game I have ever been to. I was more uncomfortable last Sunday against Buffalo.

[/QUOTE]

THat was one of my two coldest games.  I guess it wasn't even subzero without the windchill Wink

I was dressed for it, but it was really cold way up near the top of the third deck.  Oddly, the coldest game I was at at Lambeau (about four degrees at kick off, but sunny) didn't feel nearly as cold as a Detroit game I was there for where the temperature was in the teens, but it was snowing and just damp and uncomfortable. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't envy you guys in the 3rd deck... in the 2nd deck we have the benefit of having more protection from the wind than you guys have.

[/QUOTE]

THe worst is when you are right under the lights and it's cold and raining.  Then these huge drops fall on you from the lights.  I think that's row 17.  Fortunately, I'm now in row 14. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The folks who do not buy tickets or go to these games have DirecTV's football package and can see the games in the comfort of 70 degrees, lounge chairs, big screen TVs and very inexpensive food and drink.  Other than for the Colts, a dome, given the forecasted weather in Cincy and GB, seems that is the reason.

[/QUOTE]

That sounds logical but then how do you explain that Philly is sold out and it's going to be 22 at kickoff Saturday Night.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    philadelphia is the sixth largest MSA in the US.  They have a population to cover any issues.  It has nothing to do with being a great sports town. 

[/QUOTE]

You're clearly a moron. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Philly sports, that is a top 3 sports town in the country. Period. Their fans are loonybirds and passionate.

1. Boston

2. Philly/NY

3. NY/Philly

It's just the way it is and you clearly haven't traveled around this country much.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Boston is number one.  After all, it only takes six of the United States to support 3 professional franchises.  Whereas in NY/NJ metro alone you only have a measly 9 franchises.

[/QUOTE]

Jealousy.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I've ever run across anyone that claims others are jealous anywhere near as often as you do.  Jealousy just isn't a common thing.  But let's say it was, what, in this case, would one be jealous about?

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know, the fact Boston is title town over the past 10 years, you being a loser, never seeing your Jets in a SB, not having a college degree, ever touched puss in your life at 45, no career, etc?

[/QUOTE]

Still so obsessed with others sex lives?  God that is so creepy.  So what would make jealous about Boston being "title town"  Are you somehow asuming that I am neither a Red Sox fan or a Celtics fan?  Oh my, small minds are so sad.  This is right in line with your idiot belief that all Jet fans live in NJ. What a moron.  

I mean, sure I wish I had that photograhic memory, 150+ IQ, multiple masters degrees and the internship at the fortune 50 company, but jealous?  Nope.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, but I think the Master's degrees creepy lies comes from your buddy, RKrap, also a Jets fan. His is from Harvard, apparently. bawahah

Nice attempt at a counter, though. Comical and feeble attempt.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

What does Rkarp have to do with anything?  What  a loser.  When faced with all your pathetic lies you deflect.  How pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

THe worst is when you are right under the lights and it's cold and raining.  Then these huge drops fall on you from the lights.  I think that's row 17.  Fortunately, I'm now in row 14. 

[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of friends in 306, they are 5 rows from the top. they said the same thing... when it's windy and raining the conditions are brutal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have a couple of friends in 306, they are 5 rows from the top. they said the same thing... when it's windy and raining the conditions are brutal. 

[/QUOTE]

That's a tough place to sit.  I love the third deck, but you really want to be in row 15 or closer to get a decent view and avoid the drips from the lights.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. Boston

2. Philly/NY

3. NY/Philly

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jealousy.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, but I think the Master's degrees creepy lies comes from your buddy, RKrap, also a Jets fan. His is from Harvard, apparently. bawahah

Nice attempt at a counter, though. Comical and feeble attempt.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

What does Rkarp have to do with anything?  What  a loser.  When faced with all your pathetic lies you deflect.  How pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

You and he as losers are Jets fans trolling our board.

THAT is what is pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahahahahahahha! "Our board"

What a loser!  Staying up late again to post till 2AM?  You and JFK? Bwahahhahahahha!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. Boston

2. Philly/NY

3. NY/Philly

[/QUOTE]

Boston on top....hahahaha suuuuuure

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Dressing for cold weather is not hard but it takes experience.  Right now it is -15 here. wind chill...-32.    The chickadees crack me up they are flying up to the feeders like every other day...  How birds keep warm is amazing.

Anyway snowmobile gear is the warmest stuff.  sitting in a football stadium is cold ...  try it going 50MPH.   The wind is the killer.    Helmets are warm  .  Wear a full face MC/ snowmobile helmet with Pat Patriot painted on the side.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You really have to be a complete *&&hole to do something like this:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]Dressing for cold weather is not hard but it takes experience.  Right now it is -15 here. wind chill...-32.    The chickadees crack me up they are flying up to the feeders like every other day...  How birds keep warm is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Due to available tickets,  one of the resellers said over 6% of the 40,000 available Monday were purchased on-line form California.  Tha's 2,400 49ers fans and most probably aren't huge ski aficionados.  This is going to be brutal

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to pauldeba's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Dressing for cold weather is not hard but it takes experience.  Right now it is -15 here. wind chill...-32.    The chickadees crack me up they are flying up to the feeders like every other day...  How birds keep warm is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Due to available tickets,  one of the resellers said over 6% of the 40,000 available Monday were purchased on-line form California.  Tha's 2,400 49ers fans and most probably aren't huge ski aficionados.  This is going to be brutal

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how this is true.  Rusty Trombone said the game was sold out.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to pauldeba's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22 is cold, -10 is deadly, ..... The difference between 22 and -10 is the same as 60 and 28, except that the effects on your vital organs are multiples more dangerous. 

[/QUOTE]

Add the wind and any exposed skin can definitely freeze.  The fans in the stands are just standing and are at risk.  The players on the field can work up a sweat, surprisingly, but, the bench players will have to keep warm and they'll have the advantage of heaters, which the fans will not.

One wonders, on such a cold and dangerous day, would the GB franchise offer free hot liquids to the fans in attendance?  Let them buy food and, brrrrrrrrr, cold beer, but, in the least help keep their fans from suffering as a thank you for being there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Dressing for cold weather is not hard but it takes experience.  Right now it is -15 here. wind chill...-32.    The chickadees crack me up they are flying up to the feeders like every other day...  How birds keep warm is amazing.

Anyway snowmobile gear is the warmest stuff.  sitting in a football stadium is cold ...  try it going 50MPH.   The wind is the killer.    Helmets are warm  .  Wear a full face MC/ snowmobile helmet with Pat Patriot painted on the side.

[/QUOTE]

That is the problem, as I noted in an earlier post.  When you go to cold weather games, you are just standing there and not generating any "warmth" so as to speak.

Growing up in NH, I recall playing hockey on the outdoor rinks the city of Nashua would create at playgrounds by plowing out a circle in a baseball field and flooding it.  We'd haul our two, home made, hockey goals down whenever we could.  It would be 0 or worse some days and by the end of playing I am sweating bullets and not feeling a thing, from a cold perspective.  As coolade says...  standing in real cold is the difference versus being active in it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Colts sold out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Colts sold out.

Kudos to the corporate sponsor that purchased the remaining tickets and will distribute them local military families.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

Kudos to the corporate sponsor that purchased the remaining tickets and will distribute them local military families.

[/QUOTE]

good move for sure...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts