1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

Kudos to the corporate sponsor that purchased the remaining tickets and will distribute them local military families.

[/QUOTE]
    No shame there at all.  Every city needs their corporate sponsors.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That is the problem, as I noted in an earlier post.  When you go to cold weather games, you are just standing there and not generating any "warmth" so as to speak.

Growing up in NH, I recall playing hockey on the outdoor rinks the city of Nashua would create at playgrounds by plowing out a circle in a baseball field and flooding it.  We'd haul our two, home made, hockey goals down whenever we could.  It would be 0 or worse some days and by the end of playing I am sweating bullets and not feeling a thing, from a cold perspective.  As coolade says...  standing in real cold is the difference versus being active in it.

[/QUOTE]

I grew up not far from you. Remember Shakey's?  

http://newenglandtravelnews.blogspot.com/2009/08/remembering-shakeys-pizza-in-nashua-nh.html

There was nothing better when you got out to the isolated pond in the woods with a crystal clear sheet of ice for the day to play pond hockey.  We'd be out there all day.  

[/QUOTE]

Yep, been there plenty of times.  Skated over at the ponds at Pennichuck Water Works, Salmon Brook.  Had the pleasure of breaking through the ice playing hockey on a cranberry bog when I lived on Cape Cod.  A funny feeling to be turning, you hear a crack and then the horizon rises up as you go in.  Fortunately, water only about waste deep but, talk about stinky muck!  LOL 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

Kudos to the corporate sponsor that purchased the remaining tickets and will distribute them local military families.

[/QUOTE]

You think many waited to assure the "regular" folks got their tickets then jumped in?  What a great way to recognize our military.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Nice gesture, but it is lame the Colts needed that kind of intervention to get the sell out.  This is sort of like a regular season Bills game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very nice gesture for sure, but I am chuckling how Underpants wants to equate that to a sell out.

Irsay was on Twitter all paranoid and defensive about rumors of a blackout for a playoff game in Indy. How embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it be?  Are the tickets gone?  Is the game on TV?  I chuckle at people who smirk at the uniqueness of small market economies while sitting in their large market basements. 

I can make excuses about the size of Indy's market and add to that that there are 7 NFL teams within about 5 hours of Indy.  I could argue that Cincy and Chicago being 2 and 3 hrs away and having histories significantly longer than Indy have an impact.  I could argue that none of the other small market teams have that kind of geographic competition for team loyalty.  At the end of the day, that reality doesn't matter, because the colts are sold out. 

CoolCoolCool

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll assume this point has already been made, but the NFL is a TV -- and more importantly -- an internet game. Now that the vaunted "fantasy" season is over, casual fan has been replaced by . . .   no one, apparently, and the burgeoning cost and annoyance of actually attending simply doesn't appeal.

Beyond that, and as an erstwhile Minnesotan, I'll admit it makes me chuckle quietly to myself to see Green Bay flirting with a blackout (which -- believe me -- is never going to happen in any playoff market no matter how many people don't go). Packer fan likes to point to himself as the standard-bearer for both legacy NFL and future NFL, and after watching what  the officials had to do to sneak Aaron Rodgers into the playoffs (which must have astounded long-time Raider fan), I'm not sure Packer fan is wrong. But to see the arrogant Cheeseheads finally admit that they're afraid to go out in the cold to watch their heterosexual quarterback is just kind of funny.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very nice gesture for sure, but I am chuckling how Underpants wants to equate that to a sell out.

Irsay was on Twitter all paranoid and defensive about rumors of a blackout for a playoff game in Indy. How embarrassing.

[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it be?  Are the tickets gone?  Is the game on TV?  I chuckle at people who smirk at the uniqueness of small market economies while sitting in their large market basements. 

I can make excuses about the size of Indy's market and add to that that there are 7 NFL teams within about 5 hours of Indy.  I could argue that Cincy and Chicago being 2 and 3 hrs away and having histories significantly longer than Indy have an impact.  I could argue that none of the other small market teams have that kind of geographic competition for team loyalty.  At the end of the day, that reality doesn't matter, because the colts are sold out. 

CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

Don't be disingenuous. They can sell out 82 games in a row but when it suits your argument the small market argument all of a sudden is an issue? The fans of Indy should be ashamed of themselves. Just out of curiosity how many times did they fail to sell out a playoff game when Manning was there?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Here's a thought:

How many games have we seen on TV which was announced as a "sell out" and there are plenty of empty seats? 

Even though all three of these games may be sold out by game time, I am certain we'll see a fair amount of empty seats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll assume this point has already been made, but the NFL is a TV -- and more importantly -- an internet game. Now that the vaunted "fantasy" season is over, casual fan has been replaced by . . .   no one, apparently, and the burgeoning cost and annoyance of actually attending simply doesn't appeal.

Beyond that, and as an erstwhile Minnesotan, I'll admit it makes me chuckle quietly to myself to see Green Bay flirting with a blackout (which -- believe me -- is never going to happen in any playoff market no matter how many people don't go). Packer fan likes to point to himself as the standard-bearer for both legacy NFL and future NFL, and after watching what  the officials had to do to sneak Aaron Rodgers into the playoffs (which must have astounded long-time Raider fan), I'm not sure Packer fan is wrong. But to see the arrogant Cheeseheads finally admit that they're afraid to go out in the cold to watch their heterosexual quarterback is just kind of funny.

[/QUOTE]

You know as well as I do that Lambeau is sold out.

[/QUOTE]

Okay -- fair enough -- but it wasn't yesterday (which was big, BIG news where I live) and how many opportunities does a guy get to point out that the most arrogant fans in the league (by a fair country distance) are full of something I'm not allowed to say?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

Then, why does your city have an NFL team? Are you not just proving my point for me? You don't have a MLB team, don't have an NHL team, have a piddly NBA franchise that has made it to one NBA Finals in like 35 years and and an NFL team that was hijacked from another city.

Sure sounds like a lot of excuses.  Boston is 3-4 hours from Hartford and NYC.  What is your point here? Either you have a good fanbase or you don't.  You don't.

Where is the tradition? Oh, that's right, it's only 30 years old and it was clipped from Baltimore. Where is the loyalty to the Colts as a franchise? Your entire claim to fame is that the 1997 Colts tanked and got Gomie in the 1998 draft.  

It's beyond sad that Luck's first home playoff game was in danger of being blacked out simply because Colts fans only ever cared about the attention Gomie's stats brought to their city, and are experiencing the Gomie Hangover.

[/QUOTE]
    My city has supported a franchise as well or better than most other small market franchises with a greater geographic challenge and shorter history than most of them.  Unless you prefer a 16 team league or an international league, this is what the NFL has sewn.  They've maxed out their revenue capabilities.  Toronto is courting Buffalo, London -  Jacksonville, LA - anyone, Mexico City - anyone - the NFL knows that it has run out of markets large enough to continue to raise revenue any higher so they are seeking new international markets.  Bob Kraft is at the front of this line looking into this. 

Boston's CSA is more than 3.5x the size of Indy.  What does Hartford have.  Boston has no competition for fan loyalty, and if you say its New York, the fact is you hit the largest CSA in the US which is more than 10x the size of Indy.  When you are talking about only a couple thousand tickets having 6 million more potential fans in the area matters.  Boston's CSA is approximately the size of Indy, Cincy, Columbus, and L'ville combined. 

I am curious - given boston's long history with the pats - have the pats ever not sold out a game?  anyone care to inform?

Hey - PS - Colts game - Sold Out!!CoolCoolCool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

Don't be disingenuous. They can sell out 82 games in a row but when it suits your argument the small market argument all of a sudden is an issue? The fans of Indy should be ashamed of themselves. Just out of curiosity how many times did they fail to sell out a playoff game when Manning was there?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe never, and they haven't failed again!!!CoolCoolCool  Success Baby!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know as well as I do that Lambeau is sold out.

[/QUOTE]

http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/packers-granted-blackout-extension-must-sell-3-000-more-tickets-by-friday-010214   wonder if they'll need some corporate help?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

One of the worst pro rsports markets in the country.  How embarrassing for Underpants.

[/QUOTE]

Speaking of embarrassing, what's a pro rsports markets?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said disngenuous... thanks for the confirmation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

CoolIn response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a thought:

How many games have we seen on TV which was announced as a "sell out" and there are plenty of empty seats? 

Even though all three of these games may be sold out by game time, I am certain we'll see a fair amount of empty seats.

[/QUOTE]

It's the way the system works. Brokers speculate on the demand, buy up a bunch of tickets with the relationships they have in place, and the promoters of the event get to say it's "sold out" even if it might not be, obviously. Just by saying that, it actually promotes further events to be booked with the margins a promoter wants to be able to sell the advertisers or brokers themselves.

Two issues in GB:

1. Late playoff appearance with late season Det/Chi collapse. 

2. High ticket prices forcing the more pink hat style fan to want to stay home in 0 degree weather, knowing they're probably going to lose vs the superior SF team.

In this case, the set tickets in the hands of the teams have not been all sold quite yet (at least to our knowledge), but those will be. The broker tickets are also likely not quite sold, but also will be.  We'll probably hear of the sell out in GB today. Not sure about Cincy since that is a crappier NFL market.

The brokers will lose their asss since the in house tickets are apparently slow to go this week in Green Bay, but make no mistake. Every seat will be had and there will be no empty seats at Lambeau.

So, unique circumstances in GB.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!! Funniest fking response EVER on this board by the idiot Rusty.  Trashing Indy while making excuses for the NFL's #1 storied franchise!  In the words of someone on this board: 

Cannot be made up.

LOL!!!CoolCoolCool 

Rusty is the biggest fail in the history of this board.  LOL!!!Cool

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

Then, why does your city have an NFL team? Are you not just proving my point for me? You don't have a MLB team, don't have an NHL team, have a piddly NBA franchise that has made it to one NBA Finals in like 35 years and and an NFL team that was hijacked from another city.

Sure sounds like a lot of excuses.  Boston is 3-4 hours from Hartford and NYC.  What is your point here? Either you have a good fanbase or you don't.  You don't.

Where is the tradition? Oh, that's right, it's only 30 years old and it was clipped from Baltimore. Where is the loyalty to the Colts as a franchise? Your entire claim to fame is that the 1997 Colts tanked and got Gomie in the 1998 draft.  

It's beyond sad that Luck's first home playoff game was in danger of being blacked out simply because Colts fans only ever cared about the attention Gomie's stats brought to their city, and are experiencing the Gomie Hangover.

[/QUOTE]
    My city has supported a franchise as well or better than most other small market franchises with a greater geographic challenge and shorter history than most of them.  Unless you prefer a 16 team league or an international league, this is what the NFL has sewn.  They've maxed out their revenue capabilities.  Toronto is courting Buffalo, London -  Jacksonville, LA - anyone, Mexico City - anyone - the NFL knows that it has run out of markets large enough to continue to raise revenue any higher so they are seeking new international markets.  Bob Kraft is at the front of this line looking into this. 

Boston's CSA is more than 3.5x the size of Indy.  What does Hartford have.  Boston has no competition for fan loyalty, and if you say its New York, the fact is you hit the largest CSA in the US which is more than 10x the size of Indy.  When you are talking about only a couple thousand tickets having 6 million more potential fans in the area matters.  Boston's CSA is approximately the size of Indy, Cincy, Columbus, and L'ville combined. 

I am curious - given boston's long history with the pats - have the pats ever not sold out a game?  anyone care to inform?

Hey - PS - Colts game - Sold Out!!CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

Of course the Pats used to not sell out when they had 3 owners in 4 years and were 2-14 or 3-13 every year.

That was pre cap era and parity, though. This is your #1 draft pick's first home game in a dome!!

Forget the excuses, Mickey.   Enough.  Your spinning won't work. It's embarrassing. End of story.

Finally, what does "Bob Kraft is at the front of this line looking into this" even mean?

[/QUOTE]

They didn't sell out????????????????   No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, given the size of the market and the lack of competition for fan loyalty boston must be the worst sports market in HISTORY.  EVER.  Good, Large sports markets NEVER fail to sell out.  NEVER.  Man am I disappointed.  Boston makes Indy look like a shining beacon of wonderful fandom. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Colts sold out.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

CoolCoolCool

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said disngenuous... thanks for the confirmation.

[/QUOTE]

I am sorry Jri, but I have a question - is the colts game sold out? 

Sections
Shortcuts