Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

I have never heard of a playoff game being blacked out before and doubt even if it didnt sell it wouldnt be blacked out due to rating.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Oh . . .  

Oh my and Oh my and Oh my.

Did that guy who appears to be yet another version of my old friend Rusty (and a hearty "Hello" to my other old friend underdogg(gggg) too) just say that the fans "own" the Packers?

That's good news for me.

Apparently I own Dow Chemical.

Who knew?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a thought:

How many games have we seen on TV which was announced as a "sell out" and there are plenty of empty seats? 

Even though all three of these games may be sold out by game time, I am certain we'll see a fair amount of empty seats.

[/QUOTE]

It's the way the system works. Brokers speculate on the demand, ....

[/QUOTE]

Yep...  I have yet to see ANY sporting event in which if you are willing to pay the price, a ticket can be had, even when it is catagorized as sold out.  The brokers are part of the folks who bought tickets to sell out the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll assume this point has already been made, but the NFL is a TV -- and more importantly -- an internet game. Now that the vaunted "fantasy" season is over, casual fan has been replaced by . . .   no one, apparently, and the burgeoning cost and annoyance of actually attending simply doesn't appeal.

Beyond that, and as an erstwhile Minnesotan, I'll admit it makes me chuckle quietly to myself to see Green Bay flirting with a blackout (which -- believe me -- is never going to happen in any playoff market no matter how many people don't go). Packer fan likes to point to himself as the standard-bearer for both legacy NFL and future NFL, and after watching what  the officials had to do to sneak Aaron Rodgers into the playoffs (which must have astounded long-time Raider fan), I'm not sure Packer fan is wrong. But to see the arrogant Cheeseheads finally admit that they're afraid to go out in the cold to watch their heterosexual quarterback is just kind of funny.

You know as well as I do that Lambeau is sold out.

[/QUOTE]

http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/packers-granted-blackout-extension-must-sell-3-000-more-tickets-by-friday-010214   wonder if they'll need some corporate help?

[/QUOTE]

No, they won't. I am not even sure there is one lick of corportate sponsorship affiilated with the Packers other than the backdrop behind Mike McCarthy during press conferences.

Hey look!  It's Associated Bank!

You do realize the fans own the team, right?

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize that fans don't buy suites, but corporate sponsors do?  Do you realize that a public private partnership was used to renovate Lambeau.  Even those hallowed grounds require corporate and civic support.  Its a small market reality that cannot be denied. 

Here's a list of the corporate sponsors for the Packers:  pulled right from their very own website.  Do you ever think before you scribble?

Building Partners
    Official Beer
    Official Bank
    Official Paint
    Official Wireless Service Provider Partners  
    Official Sideline Drink
    Official Ticket Exchange of the NFL and Green Bay Packers
    Official Healthcare Partner
    Official Broadcast Partner
    Packers Radio Network
    Official Vehicle
    Official Card
    Official Soft Drink
    Official Hamburger and Hot Dog
    Official Tour Company of the Green Bay Packers
    Proud Sponsor and Snow Blower Provider Southwest Airlines Roundy’s – Proud Grocer of the Green Bay Packers
    Proud Grocer of the Green Bay Packers
    Official Pizza
    Official Cheese
    The Official Tortilla and Tortilla Chip of the Green Bay Packers
    Official Brat Culver's
    Official Milk and Ice Cream
    Official Sign Company
    Official Builder of Lambeau Field  
    Preferred Event Rental Provider of the Green Bay Packers Equipment Provider
    Official Water Humana BBQ Partner of the Green Bay Packers Official Welding Equipment Provider of the Lambeau Field Expansion

UnitedHealthcare Brakebush Chicken YMCA 

ISHT!!!!! THAT'S A LONG AS- LIST OF NON-SPONSOR SPONSORS.  LOL!!!!!CoolCool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I can't believe some of the arguments that go on in this forum... 6 pages for this?

Are all games sold out now?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

CoolIn response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a thought:

How many games have we seen on TV which was announced as a "sell out" and there are plenty of empty seats? 

Even though all three of these games may be sold out by game time, I am certain we'll see a fair amount of empty seats.

[/QUOTE]

It's the way the system works. Brokers speculate on the demand, buy up a bunch of tickets with the relationships they have in place, and the promoters of the event get to say it's "sold out" even if it might not be, obviously. Just by saying that, it actually promotes further events to be booked with the margins a promoter wants to be able to sell the advertisers or brokers themselves.

Two issues in GB:

1. Late playoff appearance with late season Det/Chi collapse. 

2. High ticket prices forcing the more pink hat style fan to want to stay home in 0 degree weather, knowing they're probably going to lose vs the superior SF team.

In this case, the set tickets in the hands of the teams have not been all sold quite yet (at least to our knowledge), but those will be. The broker tickets are also likely not quite sold, but also will be.  We'll probably hear of the sell out in GB today. Not sure about Cincy since that is a crappier NFL market.

The brokers will lose their asss since the in house tickets are apparently slow to go this week in Green Bay, but make no mistake. Every seat will be had and there will be no empty seats at Lambeau.

So, unique circumstances in GB.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!! Funniest fking response EVER on this board by the idiot Rusty.  Trashing Indy while making excuses for the NFL's #1 storied franchise!  In the words of someone on this board: 

Cannot be made up.

LOL!!!CoolCoolCool 

Rusty is the biggest fail in the history of this board.  LOL!!!Cool

[/QUOTE]

^I'll take this as a backpedal and final capitulation.  YOUR TEAM PLAYS IN A DOME AND JUST NEED A MASS PURCHASE OF TICKETS TO BE DONATED TO A CHARITY TO SELL OUT LUCK'S FIRST HOME PLAYOFF GAME.

Case closed.

[/QUOTE]
    you might as well take it as a fail.  It's par for the fantasy world you live in.  Reality bites for you. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe some of the arguments that go on in this forum... 6 pages for this?

[/QUOTE]

Well, TFB, this discussion "sold out" to other topics!!!!!  And yes, I contributed to "right" the ship!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh . . .  

Oh my and Oh my and Oh my.

Did that guy who appears to be yet another version of my old friend Rusty (and a hearty "Hello" to my other old friend underdogg(gggg) too) just say that the fans "own" the Packers?

That's good news for me.

Apparently I own Dow Chemical.

Who knew?

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!  PMIKE BACK IN THE HOUSE. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Not yet.  GB has not yet announce their sell out.  but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

DON'T TELL RUSTY.  HE THINKS GB DOESN'T HAVE CORPORATE SPONSORS.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CoolCool

STUPIDITY LIKE THAT CANNOT BE SIMPLY LEARNED. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll assume this point has already been made, but the NFL is a TV -- and more importantly -- an internet game. Now that the vaunted "fantasy" season is over, casual fan has been replaced by . . .   no one, apparently, and the burgeoning cost and annoyance of actually attending simply doesn't appeal.

Beyond that, and as an erstwhile Minnesotan, I'll admit it makes me chuckle quietly to myself to see Green Bay flirting with a blackout (which -- believe me -- is never going to happen in any playoff market no matter how many people don't go). Packer fan likes to point to himself as the standard-bearer for both legacy NFL and future NFL, and after watching what  the officials had to do to sneak Aaron Rodgers into the playoffs (which must have astounded long-time Raider fan), I'm not sure Packer fan is wrong. But to see the arrogant Cheeseheads finally admit that they're afraid to go out in the cold to watch their heterosexual quarterback is just kind of funny.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/packers-granted-blackout-extension-must-sell-3-000-more-tickets-by-friday-010214   wonder if they'll need some corporate help?

[/QUOTE]

No, they won't. I am not even sure there is one lick of corportate sponsorship affiilated with the Packers other than the backdrop behind Mike McCarthy during press conferences.

Hey look!  It's Associated Bank!

You do realize the fans own the team, right?

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize that fans don't buy suites, but corporate sponsors do?  Do you realize that a public private partnership was used to renovate Lambeau.  Even those hallowed grounds require corporate and civic support.  Its a small market reality that cannot be denied. 

Here's a list of the corporate sponsors for the Packers:  pulled right from their very own website.  Do you ever think before you scribble?

Building Partners
    Official Beer
    Official Bank
    Official Paint
    Official Wireless Service Provider Partners  
    Official Sideline Drink
    Official Ticket Exchange of the NFL and Green Bay Packers
    Official Healthcare Partner
    Official Broadcast Partner
    Packers Radio Network
    Official Vehicle
    Official Card
    Official Soft Drink
    Official Hamburger and Hot Dog
    Official Tour Company of the Green Bay Packers
    Proud Sponsor and Snow Blower Provider Southwest Airlines Roundy’s – Proud Grocer of the Green Bay Packers
    Proud Grocer of the Green Bay Packers
    Official Pizza
    Official Cheese
    The Official Tortilla and Tortilla Chip of the Green Bay Packers
    Official Brat Culver's
    Official Milk and Ice Cream
    Official Sign Company
    Official Builder of Lambeau Field  
    Preferred Event Rental Provider of the Green Bay Packers Equipment Provider
    Official Water Humana BBQ Partner of the Green Bay Packers Official Welding Equipment Provider of the Lambeau Field Expansion

UnitedHealthcare Brakebush Chicken YMCA 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, of course they have partners in the community, dummy. I am talking about that corpoate advertising in the stadium.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!!  TB12, CAN YOU FIND A GIF OF A MONKEY BACKPEDLING ON A UNICYCLE.  WE CAN NAME THE MONKEY RUSTY.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT!  CoolCool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!!  TB12, CAN YOU FIND A GIF OF A MONKEY BACKPEDLING ON A UNICYCLE.  WE CAN NAME THE MONKEY RUSTY.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT!  CoolCool

[/QUOTE]

I think I owe monkeys and apology.  LOL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay -- fair enough -- but it wasn't yesterday (which was big, BIG news where I live) and how many opportunities does a guy get to point out that the most arrogant fans in the league (by a fair country distance) are full of something I'm not allowed to say?

[/QUOTE]

I live in Tampa which used to be in the NFC North.  Of course out of town fans like to come here for away games and there are a lot of transplants living here.

Yes.  Green Bay fans are the most arrogant.  They think the teams historical success makes each and everyone of them infallible when it comes to all things football.  Insufferable!

Even the way the national press covers the GB fans bothers me.

Tampa Bay fans drinking in the parking lot.

Patriot fans boozing before the game.

Green Bay fans tailgating - socializing.  C'mon they're are getting drunk and obnoxious!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you expect when this moron's life mission is to discredit every organization that doesn't have BB?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay -- fair enough -- but it wasn't yesterday (which was big, BIG news where I live) and how many opportunities does a guy get to point out that the most arrogant fans in the league (by a fair country distance) are full of something I'm not allowed to say?

[/QUOTE]

I live in Tampa which used to be in the NFC North.  Of course out of town fans like to come here for away games and there are a lot of transplants living here.

Yes.  Green Bay fans are the most arrogant.  They think the teams historical success makes each and everyone of them infallible when it comes to all things football.  Insufferable!

Even the way the national press covers the GB fans bothers me.

Tampa Bay fans drinking in the parking lot.

Patriot fans boozing before the game.

Green Bay fans tailgating - socializing.  C'mon they're are getting drunk and obnoxious!

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the purity of not having sponsors - as per Rusty's comment.  LOL!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Haha.  ^ These 2 lines are probably the smartest thing any of us have said here.

Tickets are just too expensive and TV trumps being there in a lot of ways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do you expect when this moron's life mission is to discredit every organization that doesn't have BB?

[/QUOTE]

I know, I know.

Wouldn't it be funny if some of these type of threads where empty.  OP ridiculous post and nobody responded.  Might send a message.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts