Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Colts Cannot Sell Out Game

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

I have never heard of a playoff game being blacked out before and doubt even if it didnt sell it wouldnt be blacked out due to rating.

yeah it would be funny if a team allowed the game not to be sold out and put the stupid NFL  on the frikkin spot.

They are just posturing at this point trying to uphold the failed policy dating back decades....   Blackmailing people into buying tickets...  How pathetic.  For a billion dollar industry.  ... 

Lets get Roger Goodell out there front and center for the announcement.

The game is sold out and you're an idiot. Idiot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Clearly, the attention of this thread, otherwise you wouldn't pretend this wasn't a popular topic of discussion.

All my trolls swoop in and either try to deflect from the topic or then cry like little girls when the discussion takes off, pretending it's a bad topic.

If you want to dance in and out of your little picture threads as some teenage-behaving fantasy sports dork, that's your business.

But the educated fans like to talk about the real topics like the first possible non-sellout of a playoff game for the 2012 #1 overall draft pick's first playoff home game, which ya know, kinda would have been historical.

lmao

My god, you're so dumb, but your jealousy is delicious.

I can always tell when I've gotten under a troll's skin.  The Pats trolls align with the non-Pats trolls.

You're a troll, TFB12.

Oh yes, I am so jealous of the attention a thread gets. 

This thread is rediculous, did you really think a playoff game would get blacked out?  Or is this just another attention getting type thread for you?

BTW, this is a football forum, nobody is going to judge you and cast you out because you agree about something with a fan from another team.

I imagine in real life you ask people what team the cheer for before you agree with them.

You have issues Rusty, you need to seek help.

The game was never going to e lacked out even if it didnt sell out with ony 4 games on this weekend ,its not like they can replace it with another game.The networks not sure what one is airing it fox ,abc or whoever it was going to be on tv even in indy they would lose to much money if it didnt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

gotta love the old blackout system.  

Buy the tickets or else.......... your 80 yr old momma won't be able to see the game on her TV.   thanx NFL....  

Hey how come the NFL doesn't buy up those measly extra tickets in a clandestine operation that redisributes them at a discount to young fans who would love to go and brave the weather.....??????

Novel idea. they don't do it because they are profit hores. It's business silly, not a sport.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Don't tell Rusty, the backpedaling baboon, but (gasp) packer corporate sponsors and television stations purchased tickets to avoid a blackout in Green Bay.  Here's a blurb directly from the Packer's website:

led by Green Bay-based Associated Bank, purchased the remaining available tickets Friday to ensure a sellout and TV broadcast of the game throughout Wisconsin. Other corporate partners with a strong Wisconsin presence that purchased tickets are FOX TV affiliates WITI (Milwaukee), WLUK (Green Bay) and WFXS (Wausau); Mills Fleet Farm and Bellin Health.

I wonder if the backpedaling baboon dances too?  Dance Rusty Dance. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

GB wasn't supposed to make the playoffs 2 weeks ago.  This is a simple matter of understanding how the playoff ticket process works. The game will be sold out.

A few tickets here and there with a game to be played at 0 degrees for a high is not the same thing as a domed stadium team like the Colts who had the division locked up 2 months ago.

Learn to comprehend, Nary a Clue. You're a flipping moron for not understanding differences.

How's Jagr doing in NJ?  Imagine if we had the system fit Iginla last spring vs mulllet boy?

You were warned that Iginla was clearly a superior fit. You didn't get that then just like you don't get the differences between a last second playoff appearance for GB and tickets unloaded late and Indy, a domed team, who had locked up their division a while ago.

Absolutely priceless to watch you showcase your low IQ for us here. lol

What a transparent loser.

You said the game was sold out.

I provided a screen shot of tickets available on Ticketmaster.

You suddenly want to talk about hockey.

I created a thread for you to talk about hockey in the hockey forum.  Everyone destroyed you before you even posted a letter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

GB wasn't supposed to make the playoffs 2 weeks ago.  This is a simple matter of understanding how the playoff ticket process works. The game will be sold out.

A few tickets here and there with a game to be played at 0 degrees for a high is not the same thing as a domed stadium team like the Colts who had the division locked up 2 months ago.

Learn to comprehend, Nary a Clue. You're a flipping moron for not understanding differences.

How's Jagr doing in NJ?  Imagine if we had the system fit Iginla last spring vs mulllet boy?

You were warned that Iginla was clearly a superior fit. You didn't get that then just like you don't get the differences between a last second playoff appearance for GB and tickets unloaded late and Indy, a domed team, who had locked up their division a while ago.

Absolutely priceless to watch you showcase your low IQ for us here. lol

What a transparent loser.

You said the game was sold out.

I provided a screen shot of tickets available on Ticketmaster.

You suddenly want to talk about hockey.

I created a thread for you to talk about hockey in the hockey forum.  Everyone destroyed you before you even posted a letter.

Is he trying to insult you with this comment? Lol

Since we all know you don't actually follow hockey, I'll let you know that Jagr is doing pretty well for a mediocre NJ team, dumkoff. Top 30 in scoring at age 41 is alright I guess...

How was NAS warned that Iginla was the better fit? Is NAS the GM? I didn't realize that he made the decision to bring in Jagr over Iginla. Hmm, all this time I thought that it was Iginla's choice to play for the Penguins. Nice job NAS, you really blew that one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Pat's vs Tenn game in 2004 was 2 with a wind chill minus 10 and yes it was uncomfortable but I don't remember ever feeling like I was in danger and I don't recall reading about many hypothermia issues the next day. That was the coldest game I have ever been to. I was more uncomfortable last Sunday against Buffalo.

I was at that game too (the last I've attended, but was stationed away from NE until 4 years ago) and I froze my ever-lovin' you-know-what off.  Before the 2nd quarter I switched from drinking beer slushies (yup, they slushed-up) to hot cocoa.  My brother started busing my chops - then about 15 minutes later, went and got one also.  I went through a hankerchief in less than 15 minutes.  I remember people standing around in the heated mens room - only to keep warm.  We stuck it out the whole game, but I was cold the rest of the night - even on the ride home with the heat cranking.  All that said, we won, so all was good - LOL :).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

gotta love the old blackout system.  

Buy the tickets or else.......... your 80 yr old momma won't be able to see the game on her TV.   thanx NFL....  

Hey how come the NFL doesn't buy up those measly extra tickets in a clandestine operation that redisributes them at a discount to young fans who would love to go and brave the weather.....??????

Novel idea. they don't do it because they are profit hores. It's business silly, not a sport.

HOw do you profit when you black out the game every single week in Oakland?  It's called a death spiral.   tickets don't sell...  can't watch the game ...fans lose interest....  less tickets sell....   REPEAT PROCESS, idiots.

also... HOw does this help the team ? They all look bad , then the team leaves town.  Go to LA...?   OOps , tried that,  screwed the fans there too.  go back to oakland  ,  loserville since they bailed on the city last time.

what a pathetic joke for a billion dollar industry.  "blackout"...lol.   screw the advertisers too while you're at it.  and the advertising industry .  basically the whole town .

Maybe you should black out the whole country for people not flying in there to watch the game... It's the same concept.....  maybe  people can't afford it....?   Ya think maybe...  Mr. Fat Goodelll?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Pat's vs Tenn game in 2004 was 2 with a wind chill minus 10 and yes it was uncomfortable but I don't remember ever feeling like I was in danger and I don't recall reading about many hypothermia issues the next day. That was the coldest game I have ever been to. I was more uncomfortable last Sunday against Buffalo.

I was at that game too (the last I've attended, but was stationed away from NE until 4 years ago) and I froze my ever-lovin' you-know-what off.  Before the 2nd quarter I switched from drinking beer slushies (yup, they slushed-up) to hot cocoa.  My brother started busing my chops - then about 15 minutes later, went and got one also.  I went through a hankerchief in less than 15 minutes.  I remember people standing around in the heated mens room - only to keep warm.  We stuck it out the whole game, but I was cold the rest of the night - even on the ride home with the heat cranking.  All that said, we won, so all was good - LOL :).

You know as dumb as it sounds I would do it again and hopefully it is this year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

it's the economy stupid.  Eagles sold out because they have a very strong fan base in central NJ and their wealthy suburbs.  Also, Philly is the 5th largest metro area with many corporate buyers.

It has nothing to do with fan base support or the cold.  The midwest has been hit hard by the economic slump.  If 2 people want to go to see GB - let's say a father and son - it's going to cost $300 on the cheap end for both tix. Add parking, food, etc., and it's almost $500 for a game.  

Add to that scalping sites that are buying up tix in bunches, jacking up prices through the roof up until the last minute and then the unsold ones come down - which is why it takes longer to sell out a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Green Bay not selling out is different from Cincy and Indy, GB just made the playoffs on the last week of the season. Tickets were going to take some time to sell, Indy and Cincy have locked up Home games for weeks now.

Exactly, which is why I said it's already sold out regardless of some stupid article that claims it's not sold out.

Lambeau has been sold out for like 40 years straight.   Christ, their preseason games are a tough ticket. I am not kidding.

The game at the time of your post was NOT sold out in GB. Yes they have a waiting list for the regular season and yes the season ticket holders get x tickets for a playoff game. Regardless at the time of your post it was not sold out. Even if it is sold out right now you by disputing my information that it was not sold out we're wrong. Just admit it. BTW if Indy is that bad why we're the Colts moved from Balt.? Does that not mean Balt. Is a worse city for pro sports?

based on some comments GB would be a bad one as well as they only have a football team and no other sports team. So we know that reasoning is wrong since GB fans support their team better than any other in any sport.

Sections
Shortcuts