Colts Disgrace Themselves

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves

It's pretty obvious that the Colts are tanking this on purpose to get Andrew Luck and set themselves up to stay as a contender long after Peyton hangs em up. I'm not sure why the NFL can't see this. This was a disgraceful showing on Sunday by the Colts, and it was pretty obvious to see that these Colts players are purposely tanking it. The NFL needs to look into this ASAP, but of course they wont as Goodell is buddy buddy with Colts management and doesn't want to hurt his golden boy Peyton Manning's team. But of course, he makes an example out of our PATS with the whole overrated and overblown spygate BS. Utterly ridiculous, I may stop watching football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Peter Kings #3 ranked Ravens disgraced themselves pretty badly last night as well. 0 first downs until 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter??? Doing NOTHING against a team that had dropped 5 straight???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

To be fair, as embarassing as this was for the Colts and whatever fans they may have, it's nothing compared to what Miami is doing.

At least you can make the case that N'awlins is a good team that has proven in the past in can beat the Colts on their best day. But laying down in the last three minutes against a high school quarterback.

I'm sorry, but if Indy is tanking (and it is), that's nothing to what the Dolphins are doing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuckrules. Show tuckrules's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves:
    I am convinced that this team is intentionally tanking it. I also believe that they would not have better than 2 wins even if they were trying. This team is pitiful. If jughead was QB they would have 2 wins at the most. I am very disappointed that the manning clan doesn't get more pub for fixing things (like the Eli draft fiasco) and this years Peyton non-injury tank job. This is epic proportions, rivaling the 1919 Black Sox scandal. I'm outraged that the media says nothing.   
    Posted by jbolted

Totally agree it made me sick when the Celtics tanked the 06-07 season. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : Totally agree it made me sick when the Celtics tanked the 06-07 season. 
    Posted by tuckrules

Does it bother you that you are a nincompoop?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wow, I was busy the past several days and missed the news on this game.

Sure, it begs the obvious question, "Did the Colts fix the result to get Luck?" 

But there are three more I would like answered:

1) If they are tanking it, does this mean the Colts believe or know that Manning is kaput?

2) AHave the Colts degraded so much recently that they would still be a losing team with Manning playing?

3) If both Miami and Indy go 0-16, is the draft order next determined by strength of schedule or by point differential?  I am guessing Indy would win the S.O.S. advantage, as they have the sorriest division.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

The Colts is the doing the cheating on the field.  Peyton Manning does not play defense.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Underdoggy is like a rat treading water after the ship sunk. he will claw and bite anything that is in his way on the way down instead of just admitting the ship is sinking and accepting his fate.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

If I lived in Indy, I might give a damn.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

I live in Indiana.... and both myself and my wife (who was born a hoosier) just laughed our arses off.

Lets face it- there is no more true example o0f a team tanking it in all of organized sports.  IF this team finishes 0-16 there will then be named a BLUE CLEATS team to go with the Chicago black sox.   The talk here (and by Polian) was that they WILL get LUCK.  Seems like a foredrawn conclusion to me.  SO I guess it goes to show that "If the gain is enough the colts will bend over grab their ankles and play catcher" for a year.....  thus allowing them to show the world thatr maybe the NFL doesn't have much integrity after all.  PEYTON MANNING sure showed them all how to be losers......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

If a team goes 0-16 this year it is obvious they tanked.  None of the teams this year have a roster as bad as the 2008 lions.  They have no business losing 16 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The constant comparisons to the 2008 Pats are mostly inappropriate. Cassel was familiar with the Pats system and is a good backup if not a good NFL starter. The Colts have nothing to replace Manning with that compares to him. And Caldwell is completely incapable in comparison to BB to rally the troops in dire circumstances.

Five of Indys seven opponents so far boast a winning record and none have a losing record at this point. That Pats team played some really bad teams in 2008. They managed 3 wins against teams with a winning record (split with Mia and NYJ) for the season, (one of which was against the Cards who didn't need the game).

Any comparison of these Colts and the 2008 Pats is comparing apples and oranges. And the Colts remaining schedule is tough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The constant comparisons to the 2008 Pats are mostly inappropriate. Cassel was familiar with the Pats system and is a good backup if not a good NFL starter. The Colts have nothing to replace Manning with that compares to him. And Caldwell is completely incapable in comparison to BB to rally the troops in dire circumstances. Five of Indys seven opponents so far boast a winning record and none have a losing record at this point. That Pats team played some really bad teams in 2008. They managed 3 wins against teams with a winning record (split with Mia and NYJ) for the season, (one of which was against the Cards who didn't need the game). Any comparison of these Colts and the 2008 Pats is comparing apples and oranges. And the Colts remaining schedule is tough.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I respectfuly disagree on one point: Cassell had not started a game since high school and was a mere bench-warmer in his career following then, until Brady was injured.  

I think the comparision really being made is that the Pats of 2008 played with integrity, while the Colts of 2011 apparently choose not to do so. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter 
    Colts placed QB Kerry Collins on IR in what probably is a wrap on a solid career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

it was kinda of like watching khadaffi being beaten and sodomized before his execution-

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : I respectfuly disagree on one point: Cassell had not started a game since high school and was a mere bench-warmer in his career following then, until Brady was injured.   I think the comparision really being made is that the Pats of 2008 played with integrity, while the Colts of 2011 apparently choose not to do so. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody

I think being a bench warmer QB for BB is a rather more intense proposition than most other places. To say Cassel was as green as the "hasn't started a game since high school" label implies would be off the mark, don't you agree? As it turns out Cassel was clearly better than Painter or Collins are now.

I understand the thrust of this article may be about the comparison using a sense of integrity, but I have seen innumerable instances of the comparison made to undermine the value of Brady or bolster the value of BB as well.

I'll stick to the apples and oranges conclusion, but your point is well taken.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

ultimately, i'd rather see the colts win the suck for luck sweeps than miami.

Sections
Shortcuts