Colts Disgrace Themselves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves

In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves:
    [QUOTE]As the Colts progressively increase how badly they suck, Underdog gets scarcer and scarcer.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Interesting how UD6, a/k/a "The Dog(gggg)" has nothing to say about this embarrassment. Once he recovers from his 62-7 induced shock, I'm sure he'll try to spin it as more evidence that Peyton Manning is the greatest QB of all-time...LOL!!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In the aftermath of the "Bourbon Street Bludgeoning", Colts' owner Jim Irsay has Tweeted Colts' fans that the problems with the team have been recognized, and that changes are forthcoming...but failed to detail what those problems are, or what changes would eventually be made:

"With the humiliation of an epic loss still fresh, Jim Irsay fired up his trusty Twitter account to console and encourage what likely is a shaken and most definitely angry Indianapolis Colts fan base.

The team owner described Sunday night's 62-7 loss at New Orleans as a "Titanic collapse.'' Hard to argue. It's tied for the fourth most lopsided defeat in the NFL since 1960.

". . . apologies 2 all ColtsNation..problems identified;solutions in progress but complex in nature/ better days will rise again,'': http://www.indystar.com/article/20111025/SPORTS03/110250337/What-change-would-you-make-first-

Apparently, Colts fans, and the rest of us not named UD6, already know what needs to be done. Here's some suggestions to Irsay from Indy fans:  

1.) The Polians need to go, the coach will get fired anyway but Irsay needs to send father and son packing!

2.) Irsay and Polian must be delusional about the present decline in Colts fortunes. If neither can see that the problem lies with the coaching staff then just what Team are they watching on Sundays? Jimmy just tweets his moronic statements and Polian says that Caldwell's job is safe and he's doing a good job. Then the story details Polian's complaints about the wretched Defense yet offers no real solutions. Caldwell just mumbles about a "good effort" yet acknowledges they must get better which is like saying if the Titanic didn't hit the iceberg then everything would be OK! Now we are faced with the possibility of an 0-16 season and yet the butt covering and platitudes just keep coming. 62-7 should have been a wake up call but all we get is assurances that Caldwell's job is not in jeopardy and Polian is trying to fix the problem. Please ..don't pee on my head and tell me its raining!!

3.) It all starts at the top. The Polians have made several bad decisions over the past few years that have led to the decline of the Colts. First issue being their choices for the coaching staff, Caldwell did not have the credentials for the head coaching position...yet he was hired, and has not improved any aspect of the team. Coyer has come in and the defense has stood pat as a unit and looked exactly the same as when he first arrived, despite the idea that he would blitzes more. Christensen has replaced Tom Moore, and it appears he runs an extremely simple offense that is easy to defend. The special teams coach continues to be awful in the coverage units, how hard is it to teach that aspect of the game? Then there are the personal decisions, this past off-season was especially bad...If you want improvement look at the men who make all these decisions.

4.) Time for a "knee-jerk" reaction Mr. Irsay! I realize that it would be complicated to clean house mid season but it would give the new administration and coaching staff several extra months to prepare for a competitive season next year. This season is lost...If you wait until 2012 next season will be in the toilet as well...

5.) ...What bothers me is that Polian doesnt' seem to know "where to start" in terms of fixing the problem. REALLY? You don't have a clue? Here's a clue for ya Bill, GET A REAL RUN STOPPER TO CLOG UP THE MIDDLE OF THE DEFENSIVE LINE!! Quit relying on these undersized but supposedly quick DL guys and go for a 6' 8" 350LB guy (or larger) so he can stop the "up the gut runs"! This will help Freeney and Mathis on the outside, and force the opposing team to throw more. Also, GET TALLER, MORE QUALIFIED DEFENSIVE BACKS! Our DB's are pathetic, and they HAVE to play 5 - 10 yards off their opponents so they don't get burned. That style of play isn't helping. Get rid of the 5' 10" guys and go after 6' 1" or taller players in the draft. This will make a big difference...You've relied on Manning to carry this ENTIRE team for far too long, and now your arrogance and "3 blind mice" approach is exposed for the entire Colts Nation to see. Get rid of Caldwell...and start the rebuilding process NOW!!!

6.) Just want we need, more tweets from the eccentric, clueless owner. That'll fix everything, I'm sure.

7.) Unfortunately, as long as the Polians' are in control, the Colts will not get a Jeff Fisher, Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, etc. as coach...Polian wants someone he can control and be able to tell who to play and how to play and who will be on his staff...as long as Polian and his son are part of the organization, nothing will change anytime soon, Even if Caldwell is let go, it will be the same type of coach because Polian runs the show.

8.) Nobody on this roster deserves a game check for this garbage. I was in the Superdome on Sunday night and they looked pathetic! Colts fans were made fun of to the point that people took pity on us and eventually asked other fans to lay off. I've never been more embarrassed to support any team in my life...My friends and I spent more than $1000 to follow this team to NOLA for this game. I understand that you can't win every game and that this year would be a lost year, but 62-7?!?! 

LOL!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

It's pretty obvious that the Colts are tanking this on purpose to get Andrew Luck and set themselves up to stay as a contender long after Peyton hangs em up. I'm not sure why the NFL can't see this. This was a disgraceful showing on Sunday by the Colts, and it was pretty obvious to see that these Colts players are purposely tanking it. The NFL needs to look into this ASAP, but of course they wont as Goodell is buddy buddy with Colts management and doesn't want to hurt his golden boy Peyton Manning's team. But of course, he makes an example out of our PATS with the whole overrated and overblown spygate BS. Utterly ridiculous, I may stop watching football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Peter Kings #3 ranked Ravens disgraced themselves pretty badly last night as well. 0 first downs until 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter??? Doing NOTHING against a team that had dropped 5 straight???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

To be fair, as embarassing as this was for the Colts and whatever fans they may have, it's nothing compared to what Miami is doing.

At least you can make the case that N'awlins is a good team that has proven in the past in can beat the Colts on their best day. But laying down in the last three minutes against a high school quarterback.

I'm sorry, but if Indy is tanking (and it is), that's nothing to what the Dolphins are doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Peter Kings #3 ranked Ravens disgraced themselves pretty badly last night as well. 0 first downs until 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter??? Doing NOTHING against a team that had dropped 5 straight???
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

The Ravens had a off-game. It happens. Remember the Pats' pathetic showing in their 34-14 loss to the Browns in Cleveland, last year? But...it doesn't approach the Colts' 62-7 debacle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuckrules. Show tuckrules's posts

[QUOTE]I am convinced that this team is intentionally tanking it. I also believe that they would not have better than 2 wins even if they were trying. This team is pitiful. If jughead was QB they would have 2 wins at the most. I am very disappointed that the manning clan doesn't get more pub for fixing things (like the Eli draft fiasco) and this years Peyton non-injury tank job. This is epic proportions, rivaling the 1919 Black Sox scandal. I'm outraged that the media says nothing.   
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Totally agree it made me sick when the Celtics tanked the 06-07 season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]To be fair, as embarassing as this was for the Colts and whatever fans they may have, it's nothing compared to what Miami is doing. At least you can make the case that N'awlins is a good team that has proven in the past in can beat the Colts on their best day. But laying down in the last three minutes against a high school quarterback. I'm sorry, but if Indy is tanking (and it is), that's nothing to what the Dolphins are doing.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yes...the Miami loss was also disgraceful. But, allowing 62 points to any team is totally absurd, and shameful. Jim Caldwell should be fired, now. The fact that he isn't being immediately held accountable leads me to believe that the Colts are in full-blown "Suck for Luck" mode.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The media will never approach the Colts organization on anything.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Rusty...I'm sure you have a typo above...and meant that the media would never reproach the Colts. Could this be why that, relatively speaking, we've heard so little about the 62-7 debacle?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : Totally agree it made me sick when the Celtics tanked the 06-07 season. 
    Posted by tuckrules[/QUOTE]

Does it bother you that you are a nincompoop?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wow, I was busy the past several days and missed the news on this game.

Sure, it begs the obvious question, "Did the Colts fix the result to get Luck?" 

But there are three more I would like answered:

1) If they are tanking it, does this mean the Colts believe or know that Manning is kaput?

2) AHave the Colts degraded so much recently that they would still be a losing team with Manning playing?

3) If both Miami and Indy go 0-16, is the draft order next determined by strength of schedule or by point differential?  I am guessing Indy would win the S.O.S. advantage, as they have the sorriest division.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

The Colts is the doing the cheating on the field.  Peyton Manning does not play defense.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I was busy the past several days and missed the news on this game. Sure, it begs the obvious question, "Did the Colts fix the result to get Luck?"

RESPONSE: No...but I'm beginning to believe that Colts' management is ambivalent to whether the team wins or loses this season. In other words, they have given up. This explains why Jim Caldwell still has a job...and why the team gave up 62 points. If management doesn't care about winning this year, why should the players care?

But there are three more I would like answered: 1) If they are tanking it, does this mean the Colts believe or know that Manning is kaput?

RESPONSE: The fact that Manning has not been placed on IR, which would open up a roster spot, is another indication that management may be indirectly "tanking it". They know that Manning is done for this season...and are finally beginning to realize that they can't count on him for next season....that a replacement QB is needed. 

2) Have the Colts degraded so much recently that they would still be a losing team with Manning playing?

RESPONSE: Could be. I see them as a 9-7 to 7-9 team with Manning.

3) If both Miami and Indy go 0-16, is the draft order next determined by strength of schedule or by point differential?

RESPONSE: Strength of schedule.

I am guessing Indy would win the S.O.S. advantage, as they have the sorriest division.

RESPONSE: No. It appears that both St. Louis and Miami have weaker  schedules.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

Underdoggy is like a rat treading water after the ship sunk. he will claw and bite anything that is in his way on the way down instead of just admitting the ship is sinking and accepting his fate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Don Banks of SI has just deposited his two cents on the disaster that is the 2011 Manningless Colts. Here is an abridged version of the Banks' article:

Indianapolis is a stunning and NFL-worst 0-7 this season, and Sunday night in New Orleans represented the nadir of the Colts' nightmare (it had better), a 62-7 humiliation at the hands of the Saints, the team they narrowly lost to in the Super Bowl a little more than 20 months ago...How did it come to this? And historically speaking, has any team that has been this good ever fallen this far, this fast? 

Indianapolis appears rudderless in terms of leadership at this point, with the job security of dazed third-year head coach Jim Caldwell already very much in question, and no difference-making moves forthcoming from the front office management team of club president Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian, who have presided over this disaster as smoothly as Capt. Smith at the wheel of the Titanic (Manning injury = iceberg is roughly the equation at work here).

Next man up? Not in Indy. You can save that cliché for elsewhere in the NFL, because the Colts are playing as if they've never really pulled themselves out of the mental fetal position they resorted to once Manning was lost.

It's not a complete apples to apples comparison, but think back to what the 2008 New England Patriots faced when they lost their franchise quarterback, Tom Brady, to a season-ending injury in the first half of the opening game. The Patriots didn't go to the playoffs that year, but they had enough faith in head coach Bill Belichick that he would lead them out of the desert, and enough leadership in the locker room to go 11-5 that season and make something good out of a very bad situation. 

But I don't get the feeling there's the same level of confidence in Caldwell or leadership in the Colts' locker room to duplicate the Patriots' salvage job of 2008. This is a team that came very close to waving the white flag the other night in New Orleans, and you would think they owed it to their fans and to the league to better prepare and perform than what we saw against the Saints.

Perhaps we even saw the makings of the coming trouble last season, when the Colts and Manning had to struggle to 10-6 and into the playoffs, winning their last four games of the regular season after being 6-6 in the second week of December. Including the playoffs, Indy is just 5-12 in its most recent 17 games, and there is the possibility that even with Manning healthy this year, the Colts' long run of success would have come to a conclusion.

From an organizational and coaching standpoint, the Polians and Caldwell and his staff have seemed completely unprepared for life without Manning. The Colts probably lived on borrowed time in regards to Manning's recurring neck issues, and their lack of preparing a plausible "Plan B" at quarterback finally bit them in the butt.

In retrospect, the Kerry Collins signing in the preseason smacks of a desperation move that merely underlined the team's lack of faith in backup quarterback Curtis Painter, and sent an unspoken message of panic to the locker room, an opinion that Wayne voiced pretty clearly at the time. Again, the comparison to the '08 Patriots is fairly apt, because Matt Cassel was no more experienced than Painter was when he was forced to assume command of New England's offense, and yet that situation didn't result in a season-ruining disaster...their historic descent continues to pick up speed, showing no sign of ending any time soon."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/10/25/colts.freefall/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]If I lived in Indy, I might give a damn.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]
     I live in Indiana.... and both myself and my wife (who was born a hoosier) just laughed our arses off.

Lets face it- there is no more true example o0f a team tanking it in all of organized sports.  IF this team finishes 0-16 there will then be named a BLUE CLEATS team to go with the Chicago black sox.   The talk here (and by Polian) was that they WILL get LUCK.  Seems like a foredrawn conclusion to me.  SO I guess it goes to show that "If the gain is enough the colts will bend over grab their ankles and play catcher" for a year.....  thus allowing them to show the world thatr maybe the NFL doesn't have much integrity after all.  PEYTON MANNING sure showed them all how to be losers......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

If a team goes 0-16 this year it is obvious they tanked.  None of the teams this year have a roster as bad as the 2008 lions.  They have no business losing 16 games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The constant comparisons to the 2008 Pats are mostly inappropriate. Cassel was familiar with the Pats system and is a good backup if not a good NFL starter. The Colts have nothing to replace Manning with that compares to him. And Caldwell is completely incapable in comparison to BB to rally the troops in dire circumstances.

Five of Indys seven opponents so far boast a winning record and none have a losing record at this point. That Pats team played some really bad teams in 2008. They managed 3 wins against teams with a winning record (split with Mia and NYJ) for the season, (one of which was against the Cards who didn't need the game).

Any comparison of these Colts and the 2008 Pats is comparing apples and oranges. And the Colts remaining schedule is tough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]The constant comparisons to the 2008 Pats are mostly inappropriate. Cassel was familiar with the Pats system and is a good backup if not a good NFL starter. The Colts have nothing to replace Manning with that compares to him. And Caldwell is completely incapable in comparison to BB to rally the troops in dire circumstances. Five of Indys seven opponents so far boast a winning record and none have a losing record at this point. That Pats team played some really bad teams in 2008. They managed 3 wins against teams with a winning record (split with Mia and NYJ) for the season, (one of which was against the Cards who didn't need the game). Any comparison of these Colts and the 2008 Pats is comparing apples and oranges. And the Colts remaining schedule is tough.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I respectfuly disagree on one point: Cassell had not started a game since high school and was a mere bench-warmer in his career following then, until Brady was injured.  

I think the comparision really being made is that the Pats of 2008 played with integrity, while the Colts of 2011 apparently choose not to do so. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter 
    Colts placed QB Kerry Collins on IR in what probably is a wrap on a solid career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

it was kinda of like watching khadaffi being beaten and sodomized before his execution-

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : I respectfuly disagree on one point: Cassell had not started a game since high school and was a mere bench-warmer in his career following then, until Brady was injured.   I think the comparision really being made is that the Pats of 2008 played with integrity, while the Colts of 2011 apparently choose not to do so. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I think being a bench warmer QB for BB is a rather more intense proposition than most other places. To say Cassel was as green as the "hasn't started a game since high school" label implies would be off the mark, don't you agree? As it turns out Cassel was clearly better than Painter or Collins are now.

I understand the thrust of this article may be about the comparison using a sense of integrity, but I have seen innumerable instances of the comparison made to undermine the value of Brady or bolster the value of BB as well.

I'll stick to the apples and oranges conclusion, but your point is well taken.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

ultimately, i'd rather see the colts win the suck for luck sweeps than miami.