Colts Disgrace Themselves

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves

In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves:
    [QUOTE]He still hasn't commented on the link I posted where Hayden mauled Caldwell in the end zone. And we know why.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, I thought I did.  It was PI. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : Sorry, I thought I did.  It was PI. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I think the boys like pounding on you doggie. You serve a very important function here. You limit the amount we pound on each other. Thanks for the public service. You're not so bad after all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]brady and manning are so evenly matched it is not even funny. The ony things that stand out are mannings yardage/td's and brady's superbowl wins and playoff record...... otherwise either QB is a great QB and will be in the hall of fame..... Career stats Seasons-Games Brady 12-151 Manning 14-208 Comp Pct Brady 63.8 Manning 64.9 Yds Brady 36907 Manning 54828 TD-INT-TD%-INT% Brady 277-111-5.6-2.2 Manning 399-198-5.5-2.7 Passer Rating Brady 95.6 Manning 94.9 SB Appearances-SBWins-SB MVP Brady 3-3-2 Manning 2-1-1 Pro Bowls Manning 11 Brady 6 League MVP Brady 2 Manning 4 Career win loss record Brady 130-38 Manning 150-77 Playoff Record Brady 14-5 Manning 9-10 Plus the numerous records held by both....
    Posted by Runer[/QUOTE]
    You forgot All Pro Designations (Probowls are popularity contests)

1st team all pro - Manning 5, Brady 2
    2nd team all pro - Manning 3, Brady 1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : You forgot All Pro Designations (Probowls are popularity contests) 1st team all pro - Manning 5, Brady 2 2nd team all pro - Manning 3, Brady 1
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

All Pro doesn't count for Dome QBs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : Brady wins this on TD/INT ratio and wins alone, if you just ignore the post season superiority. Manning has media driven MVP awards at 4-2, but he only also has accumulation aspects with this stats, playing now what will be 3 more full seasons over Brady. So, Brady can easily catch up in the TDs and yards categories if Gomer is finished. The fact is, the media brainwashed the geenral public into believing Manning was always better because he was drafted #1, had the name and was therefore better. Manning hadn't even won his first AFC conf game until 2006. Brady had been to 4 up to that time, with 3 rings. Manning didn't have a good playoff game until 2003 for crying out loud, a full 6 seasons into his career. Synopsis:  Brady has accomplished a lot more in less time.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

LOL - what's been proven this year is that Manning didn't have the support that Brady has had and won in spite of that lack of support.  Pats 11-5 without Brady.  Colts 0-7 without Manning. 

TP and Russ, you have both made your case for Manning being better, and I am not going to allow you to walk away from that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : All Pro doesn't count for Dome QBs.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

At least not for Tom Brady fans. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Runer. Show Runer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : At least not for Tom Brady fans. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

and marino, montana, elway, kelley, tarkenton, bradshaw, young, unitas, favre, and now rodgers fans ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Best line that I've read:  "If it weren't for Luck the Colts would have no luck at all."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : At least not for Tom Brady fans. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Actually, for all real football fans. They know numbers are bloated in a dome. And Brady is 5 points higher in passer rating than Gomer both outdoors and indoors.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Reply to TP:     Babe...you stated the following:   1.) Actually, Cassel was well thought of by most Pats fans before that bad pre-season.      I tend to disagree with the above statement...especially after Cassel's above described horrible showing in Miami? But, let's not pull a "Dog(gggg)" and digress from the real issue at hand. What difference does it make what the Pats' fans thought about Cassel before the 2008 season? Cassel was so pathetic in the 2008 preseason that the great majority of Patriots' fans were clamouring for, and expecting, him to be cut. Do you deny that?; Certainly Pats fans were shudering at the prospect of Cassel after that pre-season he had. And he did play awful in the Miami game. But we generally had a good impression of the guy leading up to that. But what our impression of Cassel was is beside the point isn't it? As it turns out he is a decent if not good QB and that is more than the Colts seem to have at the moment.

RESPONSE: Nonsense. Patriot fans wanted him gone after his horrific 2008 pre-season performance. He was looked upon then as Curtis Painter is today. The difference is that Cassel was well coached by BB and Josh McDaniels...and they molded Cassel's talents, and made it work. Once Cassel gained confidence, he got better, as did the team.

2.) I said BB was better than Caldwell, so I don't get what your beef is here. He won without Brady, missed the playoffs, while playing an exceedingly soft schedule.      I have no beef with BB. But, I do have a major problem with you writing off the Pats' success to an "exceedingly soft schedule". I attribute their success to BB being an "exceedingly" better coach than Caldwell. I havent written off the Pats' success. I have said it was largly due to an exceptionally easy schedule, amd it was. I have also credited BB for a fine coaching job, as I credit him for that every season. I have also implied his coaching ability kept the team from sinking into the kind of malaise the Colts seem to have succumbed to. 3.) You stop it. Their opponents final records were: KC 2-14, NYJ (x2) 9-7, MIA (x2) 11-5, SF 7-9, SD 8-8, DEN 8-8, STL 2-14, IND 12-4, BUF (x2) 7-9, SEA 4-12, OAK 5-11, AZ 9-7.

RESPONSE: If you're going to say that the 11-5 record was "largely due to an exceedingly soft schedule", then you are devaluating the great job that BB did. My guess is that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone else, other than perhaps a "spygate" believer or a Jets' troll, who agrees with you. 

Fully one quarter of their schedule was against teams that won no more than 5 games that season. Half their schedule was against the AFC ans NFC West where only AZ actually ended up the season with a winning record, and they just barely. And your point is? Who in their wildest dreams expected the Patriots to finish 11-5 after losing Tom Brady for the season?  The Pats beat the Jets, Miami, Denver, Arizona, Buffalo twice, and San Francisco...and nearly beat the Colts in Indy. That's seven quality wins, and one big almost, from a Brady-less team. How many games have the Manningless Colts won? Your posturing beating teams that are not above .500 as quality wins is not acceptable to me. A .500 team is an average team. Less than that is below average. Beating an average team or a below average team isn't a "quality win" in my view. And beating a 9-7 team at home that already clinched the division with no hope of getting a better seed is not a quality win either. Their win over AZ was at home against a team that had already clinched their division and it was debatable that they were even going to play their starters. The Cards played their starters and got blown out: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=281221017.   Right. And their starters had zero motivation since they had clinched. They were a 9-7 team in the inferior NFC Wast for crying out loud.

RESPONSE: Beating a 7-9 or 9-7 NFL team without Brady, especially on the road, is certainly an accomplishment. Just ask the Manningless Colts.

The Dolphins won the division after going 1-15 the previous season and they reverted back to a losing record the following year. Yet another ludicrous point. Seattle went 10-6 the year before, before falling to 2-14. WHO CARES! The Bottom line is that the 2008 Dolphins won 11 games in 2008, were the AFC East champs...and the improving 2008 Pats buried them the second time they faced them, in Miami, in week 12: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=281123015. The improving, Brady-less Patriots won their last four games in a row. hat have the Manningless Colts done? Did any team beat the Brady-less Patriots, 62-7?? Who cares? Anybody who has any real interest in how formidable the schedule was that season. Obviously that isn't you.

RESPONSE: I completely disagree with your "weak schedule" premise.

4.) It is not incorrect. The only teams that they beat who had a winning record that year were the jets (9-7), Dolphins (11-5) and the Cards who had clinched their division already by the time they played the Pats in a road game.      It is correct. As I correctly stated previously, at the time the Patriots played the Denver Broncos, the Broncos were 4-2. At the time isn't what I was referring to. Calling a win a quality win based on the record of a team at the time is a futile excercise. Six games in a 16 game season doesn't define a team as good or bad. The fact is that Denver team's 4 wins at the time came against 3 teams that didn't end up with a winning record and a 3 point win against a Tampa team that ended up 9-7.

RESPONSE: That's your interpretation. Not mine.

5.) Apparently you have been spending too much time musing with the villiage idiot and want to ignore the facts and embrace the kool-aide spin. Apparently, you can't give BB the credit that he is due. Winning 11 games without Tom Brady, and with a QB who had never previously logged any meaningful time in an NFL or college game, was a masterful coaching job. If you want to discredit it by claiming that the Pats beat a bunch of cup-cakes, it is to laugh.      Again I ask, how many games have the Manningless Colts won? I have given BB credit for holding the team together in the face of adversity. Losing Brady could have sent them into a tail spin and BB did not allow that. He is a great coach and has been every season he has been our coach. But I'm not going to join you in your spin that only serves to undermine the importance of Brady in favor of BB. And I'm not going to do that, because it just isn't true. The Colts have won no games. And they have won no games for more reasons than Manning not being there.

RESPONSE: First of all, let me say that I completely agree with your statement about The Dog(gggg) being the "village idiot"...LOL!!!

But now, I see the true reason why you are making such a big deal out of the schedule. You're a big-time Brady man! I can't fault you there. But still, beating 11 NFL teams without Tom Terrific is a terrific accomplishment, no matter how you slice it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Babe - MVP is not all about numbers.  I know you want it to be, but its being proven this year that Manning's value went way beyond just the numbers. 

Do numbers matter?  Sure they do, and Manning's got those too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : You forgot..... Manning  - Dome Brady - Outdoors.

Also Reggie Wayne/Marvin Harrison > All Pats Receivers before 2007

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Still no comments about the 62-7 horse-whipping, Dog(gggg)??

LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]Babe - MVP is not all about numbers.  I know you want it to be, but its being proven this year that Manning's value went way beyond just the numbers.  Do numbers matter?  Sure they do, and Manning's got those too. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You've acknowledged Caldwell is not a good coach.
    Cassel > Painter
    The defense just gave up 62.
    0-7 runs deeper than Manning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

How are things going for Wayne this year? 

Marvin Harrison was great.  Manning made him legendary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe - MVP is not all about numbers.  I know you want it to be, but its being proven this year that Manning's value went way beyond just the numbers.  Do numbers matter?  Sure they do, and Manning's got those too. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yes, MVP is also about hype.

Of course we know Manning is critically important to the Colts.  They have quit on Caldwell with Manning out though their schedule so far hasn't been an easy one it appears. I think it shows how important he was to the morale of the team as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : You've acknowledged Caldwell is not a good coach. Cassel /> Painter The defense just gave up 62. 0-7 runs deeper than Manning.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

Except that Manning won 14 games in a row with Caldwell in 09 and went to the SB, and 10 games last year with the most injured team in the league and playing injured himself, and put the team in a position to win with a minute left in the playoffs only to have the coach mess it all up with an untimely timeout.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : Yes, MVP is also about hype. Of course we know Manning is critically important to the Colts.  They have quit on Caldwell with Manning out though their schedule so far hasn't been an easy one it appears. I think it shows how important he was to the morale of the team as well.

No they haven't had an easy schedule and they've played well (except for the last game).  I said the colts would win 5-7 games this year.  That was generous.  They'll win a few.  Possibly this week. 

If the defense has any pride they will at least play hard. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : LOL - what's been proven this year is that Manning didn't have the support that Brady has had and won in spite of that lack of support.  Pats 11-5 without Brady.  Colts 0-7 without Manning.  TP and Russ, you have both made your case for Manning being better, and I am not going to allow you to walk away from that. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Nonsense. The Colts' problems are more far reaching than simply Manning being gone.

But guys like my buddy TP play right into your hands with this BS about the 2008 season. It does serve them right though. If you spin to make something look the way you want it rather than what it is, sooner or later it's going to bite you in the asss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : No they haven't had an easy schedule and they've played well (except for the last game).  I said the colts would win 5-7 games this year.  That was generous.  They'll win a few.  Possibly this week.  If the defense has any pride they will at least play hard. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

They have a very tough schedule the rest of this year. It is going to be a tough row to hoe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]     Still no comments about the 62-7 horse-whipping, Dog(gggg)??      LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Wow TP - Did your mother finally call you out for talking about me to everyone else without directly addressing me?  Or did you see my post about being a wuss for not doing so?  Either way, I am not surprised.  You've exhibited bad form for a while.  I don't expect anything different.  

As to the colts loss - I've addressed it frequently, and since I know you've been reading my posts based on your comments, I know you know I have. 

So the question back at you is why the question?  Just more bad form? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Disgrace Themselves : They have a very tough schedule the rest of this year. It is going to be a tough row to hoe.
    I know.  One thing you'll note is that their division opponents have always hoped to be running teams because they know the colts are not built to stop the run.  Foster, MJD, Johnson.  That's all going to work in the opponents favor. 

Painter's frankly not playing bad, although he's proven he's not an NFL starter.  I guess the point is I am hoping for a couple of breakout games from him.  they need it to spell the defense a bit. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]How are things going for Wayne this year? [/QUOTE] 

He is on pace for a little under 1000 yards with a scrub at QB.

[QUOTE]Marvin Harrison was great.  Manning made him legendary.
    [/QUOTE]

In his first season with NE Randy Moss' Yards tripled and TD's went up by a factor of 8 from the previous season.  Brady is the best!!!! /sarcasm

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

[QUOTE]How are things going for Wayne this year?  Marvin Harrison was great.  Manning made him legendary.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Marvin is also a sociopath...but that religious fraud St. Dungy of the Whispering Pines let him come to practices and games packing heat.....and the Crag Face No Neck Commissar was probably too terrified to stop that, wasn't he Robbie?!

Sections
Shortcuts