Colts easiest schedule, Pats 10th worst.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Colts easiest schedule, Pats 10th worst.

My observations looking at next year's schedule.....

Pats will struggle for seed, but still win division - Colts get an easy year - Jets doomed - Raiders and Rams probaly battle for the #1 pick in 2015 - Seattle won't repeat - Donkeys won't set any records and will miss SB - Giants bounce back - O'B will have Texans looking better - Watch out for Ravens and Steelers to make playoff run - Saints will seed high - Chiefs drop off a lot - Panthers and Bengals probably make playoffs again - 9ers decline a bit.

NFL strength of schedule in 2014
    Rank. Team – Opp. Win Pct.
    1. Oakland Raiders -- .578
    2. Denver Broncos -- .570
    3. St. Louis Rams --.564
    4. San Diego Chargers -- .563
    4. San Francisco 49ers -- .563
    6. Seattle Seahawks -- .561
    7. Kansas City Chiefs -- .559
    8. Arizona Cardinals -- .547
    9. New York Jets -- .520
    10. New England Patriots -- .516
    11. Atlanta Falcons -- .512
    12. Miami Dolphins -- .508
    13. Green Bay Packers -- .504
    14. Buffalo Bills -- .500
    15. Chicago Bears -- .496
    16. Detroit Lions -- .492
    17. Washington Redskins -- .490
    18. Dallas Cowboys -- .488
    19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- .484
    20. Philadelphia Eagles -- .479
    21. Minnesota Vikings -- .477
    22. Carolina Panthers -- .473
    23. Cincinnati Bengals -- .469
    23. New Orleans Saints -- .469
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers -- .469
    26. Cleveland Browns -- .465
    26. New York Giants -- .465
    28. Baltimore Ravens -- .461
    29. Jacksonville Jaguars -- .453
    30. Houston Texans -- .441
    31. Tennessee Titans -- .438
    32. Indianapolis Colts -- .430

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Colts easiest schedule, Pats 10th worst.

The two winning divisions face each other, the NFC West and AFC West.  They had five teams in the playoffs with Arizona just missing out.  That's the reason for the top eight right there.  

The Pats have the AFC West again and the NFC Central.  If the Pats can stay healthy they can make a good showing.  But that hasn't been the case these last couple of years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Every year people make these lists.

Every year they are proven worthless.

ESPECIALLY in the NFL, where "worst to first" happens more than any other sport, you simply cannot look at the previous year when determining how hard the current year is going to be.

It's a totally fluid situation. How many times to "bad losses" early in the season change when that team suddenly is a strong playoff contender? And how about beating ATL last season? Looked like a great win for the Pats...and based off of 2012, it was! Then reality set in, and ATL just wasn't a good team this year. And furthermore, do I just assume Atlanta will be equally bad again? They went 4-12...would it shock anyone if they went 10-6? Or better?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

nah, c'mon. it's Feb. no one even knows what the rosters will look like yet. how do you rate strength of schedule? any given Sunday...meaningless filler. Babe, your better than that. you always put up interesting things, but this means nothing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Here is the 2013 Strength Of Schedule ranking and how each team finished (based on reverse order of where that team is drafting in the first round or would be drafting if they did not trade their pick i.e. Seattle won the Superbowl so they are 1, Denver is 2 etc). 

4 of the top 6 finishers were in the top 10 hardest schedules based on last years strength of schedule. Raiders, Texans and Browns finished in the bottom 4 despite having top 11 easiest schedules..

Team               PCT     Wins   Losses             Finish

Panthers          0.543   138      116      5

Saints              0.539   137      117      6

Rams               0.539   137      117      20

Lions               0.539   138      118      23

Ravens            0.535   137      119      16

Packers           0.533   136      119      12

Cardinals        0.520   131      121      13

49ers             0.520   132      122      3

Dolphins         0.520   133      123      14

Seahawks      0.516   130      122      1

Vikings           0.516   132      124      25

Jaguars          0.508   129      125      30

Bengals           0.508   130      126      9

Patriots           0.508   130      126      4

Falcons           0.504   128      126      27

Bears               0.502   128      127      19

Buccaneers     0.500   127      127      26

Redskins         0.498   127      128      31

Eagles             0.496   127      129      11

Jets                  0.496   127      129      15

Steelers           0.492   126      130      18

Browns            0.492   126      130      29

Titans              0.488   124      130      22

Giants             0.480   123      133      21

Cowboys         0.475   121      134      17

Chiefs             0.473   121      135      10

Bills                0.473   121      135      24

Texans            0.472   120      134      32

Raiders            0.469   120      136      28

Colts               0.461   117      137      7

Chargers         0.457   117      139      8

Broncos           0.430   110      146      2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Strength of schedule makes sense only if you look at the team records/rankings just before their game.  Otherwise, it's revisionist history or a meaningless comparison based upon prior year rankings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, pretty pointless to try to analyze out 2014 opponents now.  We see teams change drastically from year to year.  I will say that I'm glad we don't face the NFC West.  Those teams are going to all be physical and tough next year for certain.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Strength of schedules based on last seasons performances are absolutely meaningless and a waste of time putting any weight into them. For a multitude of reasons!!

Drawing any sort of conclusions from them is even more meaningless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Personally, I find these "strength of schedule" discussions pointless and a feeble attempt by some posters to diminish a team's accomplishments by saying they had "a weak schedule".  Tell that to a team that they are a "weak" opponent.

What makes these a hallow comparison is the presumption the teams on the schedule will perform as they did in the prior season.  How did that work for teams who had the Texans and Falcons who were thought to have been a force in the NFL in 2013?  Did anyone predict how the Panthers would have done or even the Cardinals?  Just throw darts, you may be just as accurate. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Pats will struggle for seed, but still win division - Colts get an easy year - Jets doomed - Raiders and Rams probaly battle for the #1 pick in 2015 - Seattle won't repeat - Donkeys won't set any records and will miss SB - Giants bounce back - O'B will have Texans looking better - Watch out for Ravens and Steelers to make playoff run - Saints will seed high - Chiefs drop off a lot - Panthers and Bengals probably make playoffs again - 9ers decline a bit.

NFL strength of schedule in 2014
    Rank. Team – Opp. Win Pct.
    1. Oakland Raiders -- .578
    2. Denver Broncos -- .570
    3. St. Louis Rams --.564
    4. San Diego Chargers -- .563
    4. San Francisco 49ers -- .563
    6. Seattle Seahawks -- .561
    7. Kansas City Chiefs -- .559
    8. Arizona Cardinals -- .547
    9. New York Jets -- .520
    10. New England Patriots -- .516
    11. Atlanta Falcons -- .512
    12. Miami Dolphins -- .508
    13. Green Bay Packers -- .504
    14. Buffalo Bills -- .500
    15. Chicago Bears -- .496
    16. Detroit Lions -- .492
    17. Washington Redskins -- .490
    18. Dallas Cowboys -- .488
    19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- .484
    20. Philadelphia Eagles -- .479
    21. Minnesota Vikings -- .477
    22. Carolina Panthers -- .473
    23. Cincinnati Bengals -- .469
    23. New Orleans Saints -- .469
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers -- .469
    26. Cleveland Browns -- .465
    26. New York Giants -- .465
    28. Baltimore Ravens -- .461
    29. Jacksonville Jaguars -- .453
    30. Houston Texans -- .441
    31. Tennessee Titans -- .438
    32. Indianapolis Colts -- .430

Is there anything you don't whine about or is the entire world a giant conspiracy against the object of your Brady manlove?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Don't tell 42 and UnderAss this, they'll tell you how superior the AFC South and NFC East truly are. -_-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

nah, c'mon. it's Feb. no one even knows what the rosters will look like yet. how do you rate strength of schedule? any given Sunday...meaningless filler. Babe, your better than that. you always put up interesting things, but this means nothing

Of course it means something. There are always changes, but not many overwhelming ones at all. It actually means a lot.

I've offered my observations based on this. We'll see how my predictions turn out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It only means something to Babe's over inflated ego. In Babe's delusionland the entire world awaits his next idiotic comment

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

It only means something to Babe's over inflated ego. In Babe's delusionland the entire world awaits his next idiotic comment

Ha! You just earned a Babe ignore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

Strength of schedule makes sense only if you look at the team records/rankings just before their game.  Otherwise, it's revisionist history or a meaningless comparison based upon prior year rankings.

I totally agree with you on this!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So, which of these early predictions that I made do you see as incorrect?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

So, which of these early predictions that I made do you see as incorrect?

the only prediction you could make that is sure to be true is that whatever happens you will whine about and blame the defense, coaches and ownership like the fake fan you are.

This entire thread is just another Babe ego feed where once again you try to prove how superior you are to the rest of the human race.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Stick your forked tongue back in your mouth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Denver went from easiest last year to second toughest this year. Should be interesting to see what happens with them. Peyton still has his 'medical exam' next month and has said he will make his call about whether to return based on the results of that. Any chance not wanting to face Seattle and San Francisco (and even Arizona) might have something to do with his decision as well?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

+1. We agree on something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Bottom 3 teams are all in the AFC South-and play each other twice a year-kinda explains the weak schedule?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]

What's wrong with the predictions?  The Raiders were suppose to have been in the running this year for the 1st pick along with Jacksonville.  The Texans got it.  And that was a surprise.  You never know who's going to bomb.  O'Brien has a lot to work with in Houston but the big need is a QB or they don't do much.  Ravens and Steelers will not make the playoffs again.  The Saints have a lot of issues on defense.  Much worse than the Pats.  Saying the Chiefs will drop off isn't much of a prediction.  As I see it it will be between the 49er's and Seahawks to win the SB.

Who do you think wins the SB?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Of course it means something. There are always changes, but not many overwhelming ones at all. It actually means a lot.

I've offered my observations based on this. We'll see how my predictions turn out.

Look at the Texans and the Falcons teams can just fall off the map. So it means nothing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

What's wrong with the predictions?  The Raiders were suppose to have been in the running this year for the 1st pick along with Jacksonville.  The Texans got it.  And that was a surprise.  You never know who's going to bomb.  O'Brien has a lot to work with in Houston but the big need is a QB or they don't do much.  Ravens and Steelers will not make the playoffs again.  The Saints have a lot of issues on defense.  Much worse than the Pats.  Saying the Chiefs will drop off isn't much of a prediction.  As I see it it will be between the 49er's and Seahawks to win the SB.

Who do you think wins the SB?

Yeah, there are always a few surprises. These were early observations from a look at the schedule. Free agency and the draft can obviously change things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

You're an idiot. 

Sections
Shortcuts