COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS >READ THIS ********

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

NO DENYING ~ Losing the way we did to our archrival is as brutal a loss as u can endure in sports .

I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING !

That said - I prefer to consider all the POSITIVES that this Indy game provided ~

The Pats were not thrashed by 20 & exposed as pretenders
    ( or worse , eliminated from playoff contention AND made to suffer the "what if's " for the whole off season )

~WE SHREDDED A DEFENCE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOP RATE
    ( It's not inconcievable that had we taken better care of the football in the red zone - we may have been talkin' about putting up 50 pt beatdown on the Colts D )

~OUR OWN DEFENCE PLAYED STOUT 
    ( Until our very questionable 4th quarter "prevent D " strategy kicked in - We forced Peyton & Co. into doing what WE dictated )

~ OUR SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY WAS OUTSTANDING
      Zero punt return yards & minimum K/O return yardage & amazing blocking on Welker's long punt return

~ NEW FACES PLAYED WELL

Volmer held Freeny statless ... Edelman score his 1st NFL td ...Chung made plays ...Stanback looked comfortable in his debut .

~ IN FACT WE DOMINATED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THEIR HOME FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME
    ( I think even Indy fans would agree )
        This bodes well for that inevitable Pats / Colts rematch .

We just failed miserably at that pesky "scoreboard " thingy.

We need to tip our caps to Indy , lick our wounds , and move on.

The true test of character comes NOT from winning games ,but from how we respond to the adversity of a tough loss .

In the end : Important parts of our game strategy were flawed / the proverbial "game of inches " didnt go our way / we were put on our heals and didn't respond well / everything that could have gone wrong ...did & ultimately we came up a couple pts short on a very good team's home turf . . . tough cookies.

I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM AND IT'S COACHES AND HAVE NO DOUBT THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WILL REGROUP AND LEARN FROM FOOLISH MISTAKES ...

WE WILL BE A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE OF THIS GAME .

BANK ON IT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS NEED TO READ THIS!

Tom Brady was uber confident in his post game analysis.  He relished in the fact that coach BB put the game's biggest play in his hands (Note: That's what credit winning 3 SB rings and knocking on the door of a 4th will buy you with coach).  Tom is going to disseminate this BB vote of confidence in him to the rest of the team, while all the while taking full responsibility for the negative outcome of the game.  Hopefully, Tom B. (with Giselle's help + baby #2) can actually pull out a victory against these pesky Mannings who now have a ridiculous 6 out of 7 game win streak against us.  

P.S. Disclaimer: If there are any typos in the above diatribe it's because I'm feces-faced with beer drunk during and after the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS NEED TO READ THIS!

I agree, but man this is HARD.  I had hoped that similar questionable "decisions" that cost us the Super Bowl, we'd learn.  Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case.  Players execute what coaches coach, and all things being considered equal, the responsibility belongs to the coaches to put the players in the position to be successful.  This is the 3rd time THIS year alone where a "questionable" thought process has come into play...  They better figure out a way to move the ball on the NYJ defense. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CapnFoxboro. Show CapnFoxboro's posts

Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS >READ THIS <

WE WILL ROCK EM IN THE REMATCH !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS >READ THIS <

Think how FRUSTRATING is was for Tom to be sitting on the sidelines, having built up a 34 - 21 lead on the Colts with about 5 minutes to go and see the D give it UP!!  The D gave up 21 points to the Colts in a span of 12 minutes?  After having throttled Manning and Co. for most of the game they went VERY soft.  On the other side of the ledger, why did the Pats O go so soft in the second half??  What happened to the aggressive play calling that led to some great plays in the 1st half?  Talk about letting one get away!  AND, I won't go THERE because the Pats had all the opportunities to overcome! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS >READ THIS ********

We chocked up a big lead in Indianapolis again.  BB constructed a Defense that he even has no faith in.  Why should we? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS >READ THIS ********:
    [QUOTE]We chocked up a big lead in Indianapolis again .  BB constructed a Defense that he even has no faith in.  Why should we? 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I think you're wrong. http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/215106/meriweather-dh-i-was-ecstatic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

No worries from this outcome. As confident as ever in the rest of the year. I see a SB win. You can tell from the scared posts by the indy fans that they see the same thing..

We played a great game last night and screwed up, sh-- happens, learn from it and move on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from philpaul07. Show philpaul07's posts

In Response to COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS >READ THIS ********:
    [QUOTE] NO DENYING ~ Losing the way we did to our archrival is as brutal a loss as u can endure in sports .   I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING !  That said - I prefer to consider all the POSITIVES that this Indy game provided ~ The Pats were not thrashed by 20 & exposed as pretenders ( or worse , eliminated from playoff contention AND made to suffer the "what if's " for the whole off season ) ~ WE SHREDDED A DEFENCE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOP RATE ( It's not inconcievable that had we taken better care of the football in the red zone - we may have been talkin' about putting up 50 pt beatdown on the Colts D ) ~ OUR OWN DEFENCE PLAYED STOUT   ( Until our very questionable 4th quarter "prevent D " strategy kicked in - We forced Peyton & Co. into doing what WE dictated ) ~ OUR SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY WAS OUTSTANDING   Zero punt return yards & minimum K/O return yardage & amazing blocking on Welker's long punt return ~ NEW FACES PLAYED WELL   Volmer held Freeny statless ... Edelman score his 1st NFL td ...Chung made plays ...Stanback looked comfortable in his debut . ~ IN FACT WE DOMINATED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THEIR HOME FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME ( I think even Indy fans would agree )     This bodes well for that inevitable Pats / Colts rematch . We just failed miserably at that pesky "scoreboard " thingy. We need to tip our caps to Indy , lick our wounds , and move on. The true test of character comes NOT from winning games ,but from how we respond to the adversity of a tough loss . In the end : Important parts of our game strategy were flawed / the proverbial "game of inches " didnt go our way / we were put on our heals and didn't respond well / everything that could have gone wrong ...did & ultimately we came up a couple pts short on a very good team's home turf . . . tough cookies. I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM AND IT'S COACHES AND HAVE NO DOUBT THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WILL REGROUP AND LEARN FROM FOOLISH MISTAKES ... WE WILL BE A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE OF THIS GAME . BANK ON IT.
    Posted by CapnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Although this loss was devastating there are 7 games left to play.  This was NOT a playoff game, and this team will ultimately win the division.  Whether they can secure a bye will obviously play itself out over the next 7 weeks.  This monumental collapse does not just go back to 2006 AFC Championship game.  NFL Network recently rolled out the 38-34 Patriots win in Nov '03, and although the Pats did pull that game out - two things jump out from that game and that season.  The Pats were 31-10 in the 2nd half, and with that GREAT defense they had a miraculous goal line stand to secure that win.  Of course they also went on to win the SB that season.  Am I predicting another ring?  Not yet, but this team is far from dead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS GAME ~ TRUE PATS FANS />READ THIS ******** : I think you're wrong. http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/215106/meriweather-dh-i-was-ecstatic
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

My Bad.  I didn't realize gambling on your Offense (and losing) to win a game actually means you really trust your Defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

"IN FACT WE DOMINATED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THEIR HOME FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME
    (I think even Indy fans would agree ) This bodes well for that inevitable Pats / Colts rematch."

I agree 100% with everything except how well it bodes for the rematch.  The Pats were definitely a better team last night.  Next time: who knows.  It always seems to be close.  The Colts had no solution for Moss until the 2nd half, but the Pats had no solution for Wayne in the 2nd half.  A lot of breaks fell for the Colts to enable them to win this game: 1) that Pat fumble was huge, 2) the Pats missed the game clinching 1st down by a matter of inches, 3) Brady's Int in the end zone was very atypical, 4) very poor clock/time-out management by BB, etc., etc., etc.  If the two teams play the way they did last night, the Pats will win that game 90% of the time or better...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox-patriots. Show sox-patriots's posts

I agree that BB made a bad choice to run that play on 4th down, but why is nobody addressing the Maroney fumble in the end zone.  He holds on to the ball, we win the game!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spagackle. Show Spagackle's posts

This loss does not sit well with me. Even with the 2 horrid officiating calls at the end of the game (That was not PI and Faulk got the 1st down IMO), I really thought the Pats were going to win. Give Indy credit, they got the job done and didn't. My biggest concern is that they are really struggling to win "the big game". Ever since the super bowl loss it seems they are really struggling to finish games. They need to find a way to overcome this.

Hopefully this makes them a stonger team but it could have the opposite effect too. I am looking foward to a rematch in the playoffs. There is no question Indy is beatable and I hope we get to face them again....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsDK. Show PatsDK's posts

I liked the play calling by BB. You play the game to win, not to lose. That shows the great mentality of this team, and why they are going to win the SB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

this team is mentally weak...have not won a big game in 3+ years.  Defense yeah they played well for three quarters and then got gashed for the fourth. When is the last time the Defense actually won a game for the Patriots?  Coaching has been questionable for 3+ years as well, same with personel decisions hanging on to the "Vetrans." not paying guys. (I do agree with several released players)  Even when the Pats went 16-0 there D was suspect and they haven't done anything to upgrade the pass rush or help the secondary and every Linebacker that comes out of college doesn't fit into our system? time to get better Bill and Staff

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i PRAY we see the colts in the AFC championship game (if we make it i dont want to get ahead of myself).  all the mistakes that cost us this game are very fixable...

1. bradys pick in the endzone where he didnt see the safety streaking across the feild
    2.  maroneys endzone fumble.
    3.  4th and 2 call.

i think IF we see them again we win because we will be more prepared, not to mention the pats and BB are going to be PISSSSSSED

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]No worries from this outcome. As confident as ever in the rest of the year. I see a SB win. You can tell from the scared posts by the indy fans that they see the same thing.. We played a great game last night and screwed up, sh-- happens, learn from it and move on.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. We have more depth then I thought we did at almost every position. We will score on anybody. Give credit to Manning he made some great throws. This coupled with some coaching staff miscues and "Tough Break Ref Calls" then we deserve the loss, but lots to be excited about going forward!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seaco. Show seaco's posts

Well said! I agree with everything...I just didn't feel like typing all of it :) We are in great shape for a strong run at the whole thing this year !

[QUOTE] NO DENYING ~ Losing the way we did to our archrival is as brutal a loss as u can endure in sports .   I WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING !  That said - I prefer to consider all the POSITIVES that this Indy game provided ~ The Pats were not thrashed by 20 & exposed as pretenders ( or worse , eliminated from playoff contention AND made to suffer the "what if's " for the whole off season ) ~ WE SHREDDED A DEFENCE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TOP RATE ( It's not inconcievable that had we taken better care of the football in the red zone - we may have been talkin' about putting up 50 pt beatdown on the Colts D ) ~ OUR OWN DEFENCE PLAYED STOUT   ( Until our very questionable 4th quarter "prevent D " strategy kicked in - We forced Peyton & Co. into doing what WE dictated ) ~ OUR SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY WAS OUTSTANDING   Zero punt return yards & minimum K/O return yardage & amazing blocking on Welker's long punt return ~ NEW FACES PLAYED WELL   Volmer held Freeny statless ... Edelman score his 1st NFL td ...Chung made plays ...Stanback looked comfortable in his debut . ~ IN FACT WE DOMINATED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THEIR HOME FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME ( I think even Indy fans would agree )     This bodes well for that inevitable Pats / Colts rematch . We just failed miserably at that pesky "scoreboard " thingy. We need to tip our caps to Indy , lick our wounds , and move on. The true test of character comes NOT from winning games ,but from how we respond to the adversity of a tough loss . In the end : Important parts of our game strategy were flawed / the proverbial "game of inches " didnt go our way / we were put on our heals and didn't respond well / everything that could have gone wrong ...did & ultimately we came up a couple pts short on a very good team's home turf . . . tough cookies. I BELIEVE IN THIS TEAM AND IT'S COACHES AND HAVE NO DOUBT THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS WILL REGROUP AND LEARN FROM FOOLISH MISTAKES ... WE WILL BE A BETTER FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE OF THIS GAME . BANK ON IT.
    Posted by CapnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spagackle. Show Spagackle's posts

[QUOTE]i PRAY we see the colts in the AFC championship game (if we make it i dont want to get ahead of myself).  all the mistakes that cost us this game are very fixable... 1. bradys pick in the endzone where he didnt see the safety streaking across the feild 2.  maroneys endzone fumble. 3.  4th and 2 call. i think IF we see them again we win because we will be more prepared, not to mention the pats and BB are going to be PISSSSSSED
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. Lets just take it one step at a time. As much as I LOVE homefield advantage, I think if we do play the colts in the postseason, the dome will most certainly help our passing game then being in Foxborough. Don't get me wrong, i want homefield advantage but as of today the path to the super bowl goes through Indy and i think that favors our offense with the way our running game is at the moment. With that being said, anything can happen in the rest of the season and I really HOPING the stars allign and we see them again.

We just need to take care of business till then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We got b@nged up by the 3rd quarter. 

Aiken, Neal, Nincovich, Banta-Cain, Warren, Springs, Morris, Taylor, Light, Tate and Green. 

"At the end of the day", the Colts were suppose to be the b@nged up team going into the game, but we had a larger injury list and it got larger by the end of the night. If we get another chance at a rematch, we might have all these guys back in the line-up (minus Tate). The Colts outplayed us, but the Patriots showed more heart. We are better than our record.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

Well the Colts pretty much have the South wrapped up.  Now all me need is for your Pats to do the same in the East and we'll get another regular season showdown next year.  Only then it'll be at the Razor.  I hope the NFL finds some way to make sure this game happens every year.  As long as both teams have the two best QB's in the league, it's gonna be the game of the year. Plus you have two fan bases that love to talk smack.  You just can't beat this rivalry.  There isn't anything like it in the NFL (sorry Bears and Pack, you're days are done. Same with 'Boys v 'Skins).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

And let me add this IM STILL WITH YOU, COACH BILL!!!! We have gone for it on 4th and whatever before, and although its always a hold your breath moment, it works more often than not.  Trying to keep the offense on the field wasnt an indictment of the defense, but a recognition that Manning was finding what he needed to score, and an acknowlegement that if he doesn't get the ball, we win.  I'm good with that.  If Tedy Bruschi doesnt like it, HE SHOULD QUIT PLAYING!!!!   oh, he did.  THEN HE SHOULD SHUT UP!!!  I like our team, and we did pretty good, and if the Baby Horses get past the SD Chargers (who knows? they may) in the playoffs, we may see them again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]We chocked up a big lead in Indianapolis again .  BB constructed a Defense that he even has no faith in.  Why should we? 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Don't, then.  Leave and go root for the Colts.  You giant crybaby.  We don't like you anyway.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts