Colts greeted by 11 fans at airport

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Colts greeted by 11 fans at airport

Wow, that's worse than getting booed

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100208/SPORTS03/2090305/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Colts greeted by 11 fans at airport

"We wanted to show our civil pride," said Paul Calhoun, Karen Calhoun's husband, who wore a No. 33 jersey, the number worn by defensive back Melvin Bullitt, who made five tackles on Sunday.

Apparently, Indy sent out their best and brightest. And most civil.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Im sure the 11 that were their was coltsbabe, she counts as 11 people

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The man meant "civic" pride.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

Well with the history of the Colts having a small group of fans meeting the team at the airport beats the hell out of trucks moving the team out of Baltimore at 4 in the morning.

If only they picked Ryan Leaf...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Well with the history of the Colts having a small group of fans meeting the team at the airport beats the hell out of trucks moving the team out of Baltimore at 4 in the morning."

The other million (or 3) Colt's Fans all had broken radiators on their stagecoaches...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Well...I can't say I ever went to greet a losing N.E. team.  Or a winning team.  But it is surprising. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Check out this guy's comment:

"I would not have shown up either. Im not a fan of this in any way. I have been hoping they would leave for L.A. for years. They hold our city hostage and beg and whine for a new stadium and have let us down numerous times. My tax dollars dont pay for losers. Im sick of all the complaining, this team will find a way to let us down again and we will once again sound like cibs fans, saying wait til next year. Here is an idea lets not wait for next year and lets send this team a message and say goodbye. Goodbye to the over-priced tickets, failures of the playoffs, and the high dollar contracts of players who cant follow thru on what we pay them for. Saints were an inferior team and they superior colts lost to them. They let down the city again. I am glad I have never wasted a dime on colts merchandise and if I had I would have burned it all last nite. Whats goes around comes around and they got shot right in the head for their stupidity. TAX DOLLARS WELL WASTED."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

And like a Cubs' fan to the Cubs, he will be back to watching the Colts all over again next year. By the words of this fan, he or she is just aching for a Steve Bartman to vilify.

How about that disrespect for the opponent that thoroughly controlled his team for the last three quarters?  What a nasty little person.

"No, Virginia. Your team does not win games without phantom pass interference calls."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Sounds like a person whose entire night out has been destroyed when he gets his after-dinner espresso, only to find a piece of the lemon remains on the peel (although it's Indy, so I really should have done something in the realm of fixing an irregular properties of a mule-horse's digestive system, but oh well).  Nice lil' fella there...probably has a lot of close friends.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

Only 11 fans? That's not even enough for them all to line up in T-shirts on spelling out "PEYTON CHOKED"..?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

This is the funniest post I've read in a LONG time!
    The picture of the guys coming off the plane is priceless.
    The only thing missing is a picture of the 11 people waiting for them.
    Don't they even have more than 11 family members who could have shown up?
    All of Indy was like, "I don't know them."

Just remember that 20,000 would have showed up for the victory parade!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

What do expect from second rate fans in a third rate town that had to steal a team. I guess everyone was home getting ready for the 500.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Enthusiasm for the team, in spite of the loss, also was shown by Greenwood resident Ceara Robertson, who wore a handmade "I love Pierre" shirt and carried a sign to show she's a fan of wide receiver Pierre Garcon, who caught five passes in the Super Bowl, including the Colts' only touchdown pass of the game.

"He is the most amazingest player and has such grace on the field," Robertson said.

Like...totally.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

That's because Phil Simms was so upset at Peyton for letting him down he gave out the wrong airport and all 44 fans showed up there instead.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Just a thought but I have to wonder if they didn't tank the last 2 games maybe a few more people would have shown up. I'm not familiar with Indy Fans and their support for the team but I know I would have been ripped if the Pats did that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Man, that has to hurt. underdogg, your thoughts? Why do I get the feeling that you were among that pathetic crowd with your girlfriend coltsbabe.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

"What do expect from second rate fans in a third rate town that had to steal a team"

good point flasox

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"The buses left the ramp without a word from anyone on the team. The closest any of the 11 fans got to the Colts was the other side of a security fence several hundred feet away."

Thank god for that security fence, or the players might have been crushed...still, just in case that security fence at 700 feet wasn't enough, they really probably coulda used a few concrete barricades, some razor wire, a dozen or so shepards, and perhaps a sniper or two perched atop a couple barns.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Laz,

The ones that actually showed up are probably the ones you want to stay furthest away from.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Colts greeted by 11 fans at airport:
    "What do expect from second rate fans in a third rate town that had to steal a team" good point flasox
    Posted by kansaspatriot

...in a fiftieth-ranked state.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

All the other 500 colts fans were standing in line for girls college basketball tickets.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Wow..........I didn't know Polian had 11 people in the family...............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

I thought they cancelled school prior to the SB in expectation of their triumphant return.  What else did their fans have to do?