Colts had no business winning this game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Colts had no business winning this game

But they are the only team other than the pats themselves (imo) that could take advantage of the mistakes of a team with the lead like the pats had. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Colts had no business winning this game

In Response to Colts had no business winning this game:
    But they are the only team other than the pats themselves (imo) that could take advantage of the mistakes of a team with the lead like the pats had. 
    Posted by underdogg

Wow.  No.  Strange that we find ourselves arguing on behalf of each others' favorite teams, but the Colts won this one.

Mathis: player of the game.  His ability to get to Brady and ALTER THROWS was the difference.  Even when the Pats got to Manning, he got passes off clean (Mathis hit Brady's arm on a key 3rd down).

Sessions also gets a game ball.  He forced a fumble that was the difference.  The Patriots score there and it's a blowout.  That might have ended the game because the Colts wouldn't have been able to run anymore down by that many points.  F*ck*ng Maroney.

Bethea: BEAUTIFUL disguised coverage.  Granted Bodden and Merriweather also disguised coverages well on their two interceptions, I was particularly impressed with Bethea feigning one-deep left to undercut Moss (I think they baited that one on purpose).

Manning-Wayne at the end: brilliant.  Manning going no-huddle knowing that he'd have Wayne isolated: brilliant.  Double-move route: brilliant.  Finger-tip catch: brilliant.

The Colts won.  Despite Patriots' mistakes (they also pissed away the game), I think the Colts more than deserve full credit for a tough win by doing a lot of good things.  Don't discredit your team.  Good teams beat not-quite-as-good teams because they capitalize.

Sections
Shortcuts