Colts have been up for almost as long as the Patriots - when does their rebuilding start?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts have been up for almost as long as the Patriots - when does their rebuilding start?

Dogg(gg)...you stated:

"I see.  So I am not allowed to express my joy - dancing.  The manningfest thread is absolutely true.  A manning on one team and the current face of the franchise (until someone like Brees becomes it) who once played for the other team is also a manning.

RESPONSE: Say whatever you want. But don't be a hypocrite and whine when you're referred to as being classless and a troll.

It is hilarious that you think I should have to temper my joy.  I didn't say the pats s*ck.

RESPONSE: I don't care what you say. But, when you try to pass yourself off as a guy whose above it all...LOL!!! Take your "joy" to the Indy forum. Bring it here, and you're rubbing it in. 

And no, it is not a fact that the only way the colts won before (btw - if that's the case, how come so many complaints this year?) is through bogus calls.  Boy, do you love to express your opinion as fact.  BTW, in the AFCCG 06, the pats got their make up call with the Gaffney gift TD. 

RESPONSE: Dream on about your alleged make-up call. So many calls went Indy's way in that 2006 game, that it was a joke. Even other Colts fans have posted here, and admitted to being the beneficiaries of biased officiating. Every NFL fans knows that the Colts get special treatment, other than you. But, that does not apply to this season.   

As far as Manning earning everything this year, you are the first and only on this board to say it.

RESPONSE: This is a Patriots' forum. The Colts are hated. What do you expect?

You can't qualify your opinion of the Colts choice to rest now that they've made the SB.  You had a field day attempting to rub my nose in this, and yet you never saw me whine about it.  I just responded and defended.  Man up.

RESPONSE: Whose qualifying? I still feel that Polian was a wuss for not going for perfection. I just stated that I know why he really did what he did...and it wasn't just to rest his players. It was to shield them. and, especially, Peyton, from additional pressure. 

I never saw you whine about it?? LOL!!!! You're a funny man, Dogg(gg).

And please spare me the honesty thing.  He was as honest as he could be.  neither you nor I get to know all the inner workings of any team.  Polian may not have wanted any of the first stringers to play in buffalo, but may have compromised with the team to allow the milestones for Wayne and Clark which (as you know given Painters prior performance) required Manning to play.

RESPONSE: Spare you?? Spare me!! Does that make any sense? Why do you always have to make excuses for your guys? Can't you ever be objective?

Besides as in previous years, even when resting starters, they gave the first string 1 or 2 series to keep them sharp, then pulled them.  You cannot be a pats fan and question the honesty of other organizations.  Its hypocritical.

RESPONSE: Don't try to shift the focus to the Buffalo game. Polian wimped out in the Jets game. They should have gone for perfection.

I disagree with the manning success thing since his SB.  I will defend until the day I die his performances in 07 and 08 against the Chargers.  He was as good as he needed to be for the team to win in those games.

RESPONSE: Thats' completely illogical. If Manning was, as you say, "as good as he needed to be", the Colts would have won those games. Incidently, he didn't play all that well in the SB, either...and didn't deserve the MVP trophy in that game.  

Sorry TP - your grudging praise was heaped with ridicule when available and now you are acting like a dog with his tail between his legs claiming unfairness from me.  And then the troll comment.  LOL.  Little TP can't handle a little adversity on his precious board.  Again - its easy for your to dish it out, but boy are you less than mature about taking it.  Man up.

RESPONSE: You continue to prove my point that you are nothing more than a troll. How was my praise ingenuine, when I've been consistent about it all year long? As far as being "grudging praise"...of course...I hate the Colts. I hope they lose to the Saints. But, unlike you, I can be objective. 

As far as the pats are concerned, they are not that weak.  They've got some work to do.

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. The problem is no longer just the LBs and secondary...but extends to their interior lines. Their OL and DL got pushed around whenever they played the better teams. They haven't beaten anybody really good since they lost SB 42 to the Giants. 

A Thomas issue is a big blow.  He was probably projected to be one of the defensive leaders to take the place of Bruschi.  That hasn't worked.

RESPONSE: BB misused Thomas from day one, when, out of necessity, he converted him to an ILB. OLB was his best position. That said, Thomas was never a leader here...and showed by his antics this year that he's not leader material.  

They need a Patriots guy to step up on the D side of the ball.  I assume Wilfork is not that guy.  There are plenty of people who are great players but not leaders.  Is that Wilfork?

RESPONSE: I don't know. Wilfolk, individually, had a good season. Ty Warren, when healthy, is a solid player. But the rest of the DL is chopped liver.

Why did the Mods ban you again, forcing you to add another (g)?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts have been up for almost as long as the Patriots - when does their rebuilding start?

Dogg(gg)...you stated:

"...As stated before I really don't have a life outside of this forum and the Colts. That's why I come here and rub it in. Once the Colts stop winning I will be gone."

RESPONSE: I agree...LOL!!!      

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I wasn't going to respond, but what the heck.  1st - as you know, I am 3g dog (formerly known as 2g dog, but banned).  4g dog is not me, but I appreciate the fan following even if he is a bit over the top.  

RESPONSE: Say whatever you want. But don't be a hypocrite and whine when you're referred to as being classless and a troll.

UD - Ok - can't keep you straight here first you say I whine, then you say I don't whine.  What's it going to be?  

RESPONSE: I don't care what you say. But, when you try to pass yourself off as a guy whose above it all...LOL!!! Take your "joy" to the Indy forum. Bring it here, and you're rubbing it in. 

UD - I'm not above anything.  In fact, I frequently respond in kind which is when posters like you really get angry.  You all want me to "show my face in a loss" but then don't want it when the colts win.  Can't have it both ways, my friend.  

RESPONSE: Dream on about your alleged make-up call. So many calls went Indy's way in that 2006 game, that it was a joke. Even other Colts fans have posted here, and admitted to being the beneficiaries of biased officiating. Every NFL fans knows that the Colts get special treatment, other than you. But, that does not apply to this season.   

UD - No dreaming necessary.  I think you are wrong. 

RESPONSE: This is a Patriots' forum. The Colts are hated. What do you expect?

UD - the same objectivity you expect from me.

RESPONSE: Whose qualifying? I still feel that Polian was a wuss for not going for perfection. I just stated that I know why he really did what he did...and it wasn't just to rest his players. It was to shield them. and, especially, Peyton, from additional pressure. 

I never saw you whine about it?? LOL!!!! You're a funny man, Dogg(gg).

UD - uh - you did qualify.  You said the colts were wimps "BUT"...  Oh, and now you are stating Polian's feelings although he never expressed such things.  I think that is called projecting. 

RESPONSE: Spare you?? Spare me!! Does that make any sense? Why do you always have to make excuses for your guys? Can't you ever be objective?

UD - I'd like to believe I am more objective than most (not all) on this board.  But then again, maybe we all suffer from blind fandom of different teams which is why we cannot seem to agree. 

RESPONSE: Don't try to shift the focus to the Buffalo game. Polian wimped out in the Jets game. They should have gone for perfection.

UD - I am not trying to shift anything.  The colts had objectives for the season and not one of those included a perfect season (NOTE TO COLTS FOR NEXT YEAR).  Their approach has been to check off accomplished items on their goal sheet and thus far they have done everything they set out to do.  As polian said, your desires are not their desires. 

RESPONSE: Thats' completely illogical. If Manning was, as you say, "as good as he needed to be", the Colts would have won those games. Incidently, he didn't play all that well in the SB, either...and didn't deserve the MVP trophy in that game.  

UD - Funny, I see your comment as illogical.  Football is not a one man game.  Football is a more specialized game than maybe any other team sport.  He does not play defense.  He does not rush the punter.  He does not block or kick or catch.  Football is not like basketball or baseball (at least in the NL) or hockey or soccer or other team sports where players play both offense and defense.  If you would like to say that Manning did not rise above the deficiencies of the rest of the team in 07 and 08, then I might accept that.  But he put on winning performances in those games.  His prior playoff losses he was squarely a part of the problem, but not the past couple of years. 

RESPONSE: You continue to prove my point that you are nothing more than a troll. How was my praise ingenuine, when I've been consistent about it all year long? As far as being "grudging praise"...of course...I hate the Colts. I hope they lose to the Saints. But, unlike you, I can be objective. 

UD - Why, because I call you out just as you call me out.  Jeez, talk about being hypocritical and classless.  Today, you want to hide behind a cloak of deceptive decency because as you say, you thought the colts were good after the first quarter of the season, but happily derided them at every opportunity throughout the entire season.  Don't act as if you have respect for the team now.  What you really did was talk out of both sides of your mouth and now act like you should only be judged for saying you thought the colts were good.   

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. The problem is no longer just the LBs and secondary...but extends to their interior lines. Their OL and DL got pushed around whenever they played the better teams. They haven't beaten anybody really good since they lost SB 42 to the Giants. 

UD - I won't disagree.  I would defer to your knowledge of the pats vs. mine.  I do think Brady is great, although I honestly wonder if his new lifestyle outside of football has distracted him a bit.  I really don't know, but I do wonder.  I also think (as I have said) that the defense and its leadership was largely responsible for the pats great run, and that is really missing now.  

RESPONSE: BB misused Thomas from day one, when, out of necessity, he converted him to an ILB. OLB was his best position. That said, Thomas was never a leader here...and showed by his antics this year that he's not leader material.  

UD - Agreed.   

RESPONSE: I don't know. Wilfolk, individually, had a good season. Ty Warren, when healthy, is a solid player. But the rest of the DL is chopped liver.

Why did the Mods ban you again, forcing you to add another (g)?  

UD - My comments on wilfork and warren are not about their ability as players but their ability as leaders of that defense.  They are the links to your past greatness, and could carry that mantle, but sometimes players are not or don't want to be leaders. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

JD - Ugoh has not panned out.  I think it is being attributed to a lack of desire. 

By the same token, so far Mike Pollak also has not panned out but still could round into shape.  Colts draft at OL has not been great in recent years.  This year they picked up Kyle DeVan a UDFA in 08 who played Arena league earlier in the year.  He is starting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phluff17. Show phluff17's posts

HOLY CRAP, you guys have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much time on your hands.

Do you guys actually work for a living?

Do you ever consider how much of your life you have wasted by bickering back and forth on an internet message board??

I'm as die-hard as anyone else, but at some point you have to remind yourself that it's JUST A GAME.

It would be interesting to see how much you have both raised your blood pressure singlehandedly from this message board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dogg(gg)...I guess I have to watch my (g)'s, to see who is who. Don't want to give up a bigger head than you already have, but triple-g Dogg was obviously too stupid to be you. That said, here's what you posted:

UD - Ok - can't keep you straight here first you say I whine, then you say I don't whine.  What's it going to be?  

RESPONSE: Don't know where you got that BS from. But, if you need clarification, you are4 a whiner. Heck, your still whining about 2008, even though your ponies are on the verge of a world championship. You whine over any criticism directed at your Colts, even when its' spot on.  

UD - I'm not above anything.

RESPONSEL Never were truer words spoken...LOL!! 

In fact, I frequently respond in kind which is when posters like you really get angry.

RESPONSE: For example? When? I just have fun tearing up a literally clown, such as yourself. 

You all want me to "show my face in a loss" but then don't want it when the colts win.  Can't have it both ways, my friend.

RESPONSE: I could care less if you show, one way or another. But, it will be interesting to see how you behave should your ponies lose. Besides, what does that have to do with showing some class? 

UD - No dreaming necessary.  I think you are wrong. 

RESPONSE: You are in the minority...and totally lack the ability to be objective.

- the same objectivity you expect from me.

RESPONSE: I don't expect objectivity from you. I know you for the troll you are.

UD - uh - you did qualify.  You said the colts were wimps "BUT"...  Oh, and now you are stating Polian's feelings although he never expressed such things.  I think that is called projecting.

RESPONSE: There you go twisting words again. How do you know what Polian truly thought? I think its' called "opinion". With your ability to twist words and distort the truth, you should really apply to work in the O'Bama administration.

UD - I'd like to believe I am more objective than most (not all) on this board.  But then again, maybe we all suffer from blind fandom of different teams which is why we cannot seem to agree.

RESPONSE: Finally, a grain of objectivity, and truth.  

UD - I am not trying to shift anything.  The colts had objectives for the season and not one of those included a perfect season (NOTE TO COLTS FOR NEXT YEAR).  Their approach has been to check off accomplished items on their goal sheet and thus far they have done everything they set out to do.  As polian said, your desires are not their desires.

RESPONSE: There you go again, drinking the Colt koolaid, and spouting the "party line". You're already on record as saying that you did not agree with Polian's decision...and that he wimped out in not going for it all.   

UD - Funny, I see your comment as illogical.  Football is not a one man game.

RESPONSE: You said that Peyton played well enough to win. Since his team lost, obviously, he did not. Though he didn't play that badly, it was just not good enough to win.

Football is a more specialized game than maybe any other team sport.  He does not play defense.  He does not rush the punter.  He does not block or kick or catch.

RESPONSE: He is the team leader, though...and didn't lead well enough that day in San Diego. You continue to try to place the blame for that loss on the Indy "D". Thats' BS. The Colts' OL lost that game...and Manning, who had "happy feet", lost that game.  

Football is not like basketball or baseball (at least in the NL) or hockey or soccer or other team sports where players play both offense and defense.  If you would like to say that Manning did not rise above the deficiencies of the rest of the team in 07 and 08, then I might accept that. 

RESPONSE: Amen!!

But he put on winning performances in those games.  His prior playoff losses he was squarely a part of the problem, but not the past couple of years.

RESPONSE: He did not!! They lost! He didn't play that badly, but he wasn't the dominant player he was, say, against the Jets.  

UD - Why, because I call you out just as you call me out.  Jeez, talk about being hypocritical and classless.  Today, you want to hide behind a cloak of deceptive decency because as you say, you thought the colts were good after the first quarter of the season, but happily derided them at every opportunity throughout the entire season.

RESPONSE: BS. While its' true that I chastized Polian for his wussy choice not to go for perfection, and pointed out how the Colts are the beneficiaries of biased officiating (particularly on PI calls), I have consistently credited them throughout the season...and even touted Peyton for MVP, saying repeatedly that "I've never seen him play this well". 

Don't act as if you have respect for the team now.  What you really did was talk out of both sides of your mouth and now act like you should only be judged for saying you thought the colts were good.

RESPONSE: I will alway hate the Colts. But, I do show them respect...and I've done so throughout the season. It is you, sir, who talks out of both sides of your mouth.

UD - I won't disagree.  I would defer to your knowledge of the pats vs. mine.

RESPONSE: I hope I'm wrong about this. But, I don't think so. 

I do think Brady is great, although I honestly wonder if his new lifestyle outside of football has distracted him a bit.

RESPONSE: Perhaps. But, poor play by his OL is distracting him more. If you saw what happened to Brett Favre last Sunday...its' sort of a microcosm of what happened to Brady, most of the year. He wasn't sacked much, but he was hit far too often.

I really don't know, but I do wonder.  I also think (as I have said) that the defense and its leadership was largely responsible for the pats great run, and that is really missing now.

RESPONSE: Talent, more than leadership, is whats' missing. The Pats have never been able to find a replacement for Willie McGinest. Mike Vrabel, Rosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison, Corey Dillon, Richard Seymour, Troy Brown, and Ty Law all got old. Thats' a ton of talent to replace.    

UD - My comments on wilfork and warren are not about their ability as players but their ability as leaders of that defense.  They are the links to your past greatness, and could carry that mantle, but sometimes players are not or don't want to be leaders. 

RESPONSE: Again, I don't know how they stack up as leaders. Warren was a shell of himself all season due to nagging injuries. Things go so bad on the DL that Wilfolk had to be switched from NT to DE. Though he had a good year, I think he's distracted somewhat by his contract situation.     

Sections
Shortcuts