Colts haven't played anyone this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Colts haven't played anyone this year

common theme throughout the first half of the season. 

Thoughts today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

Re: Colts haven't played anyone this year

Colts + Playoffs = 1 and Done as usual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

In Response to Re: Colts haven't played anyone this year:
    Underdog!-Congrats-They are all crying in their chowdha this fine fine day. Some of them are trying to blame the refs and NOT BB's ego...Can you believe that?
    Posted by Jets-Yankees-

Jets + Playoffs = not a chance!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Oh its more than bb's ego here.  the colts had 3 td's to overcome to win the game - when you add the field goal. 

the pats had a 13 pt lead with 4:12 to play.  The pats could only get an FG out of the int that manning threw at 7:50.  

Strangely, not very many pats are discussing their utter breakdown in the 4th.  

And yes, bb effed up.  That said, the colts were fortunate that Faulk bobbled that catch. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Oh its more than bb's ego here.  the colts had 3 td's to overcome to win the game - when you add the field goal.  the pats had a 13 pt lead with 4:12 to play.  The pats could only get an FG out of the int that manning threw at 7:50.   Strangely, not very many pats are discussing their utter breakdown in the 4th.   And yes, bb effed up.  That said, the colts were fortunate that Faulk bobbled that catch. 
    Posted by underdogg

The Colts were fortunate the refs spotted it incorrectly. And for a 33 yard phantom PI call on their previous drive. 

Without both of these, they don't win. You know it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@underdogg

Despite the "soft" schedule, the colts did what they were suppose to do.

Win games.

I dont buy into the they havent beat anyone...the colts are a very good team and proved it again that good teams or bad teams they are winning close games at the end when it counts.

I know alot of NE fans will probably scrutinize me for saying that but its true.  NE had a great lead, but if they would have listened to Rodney @ halftime, he hit the nail on the head by saying....New England need to put up 40plus against the colts in order to win this game"...

bottom line the Pats choked in the 4th qtr and the Colts stepped up...they played good Defense, took advantage of the turnovers.

One more thing I like to point out is that both teams had a chance to close the game with their "HOF" QB's and only one was able to seal the deal and he wasnt wearing 12 on his jersey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

Sure his "Ego" led to a ball call on 4th and 2.  Unfortunately the Jets unusually large coach has an ego of his own with no basis.  Surely a Jets fan wouldn't be coming over here with an semblance of pride after the team has lost 5 of six and the only bright spot being a win over the Raiders?

Anyways congrats Underdogg, you're team won the game by executing plays down the stretch when we seemed to flounder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Root - you are exposing yourself.  I'll accept your complaints on the PI.  As I said last night, that call could have gone either way. 

The spot on the 4th & 2 was solid.  Faulk bobbled that ball coming back and being driven back.  The tv had a perfect angle and that ball was secured on the wrong side of the 30. 

Here's my question though?  Please answer?  If the pats really thought they had that 1st, why not challenge the play?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

They couldn't challenge the play due to poor clock management.  My problem with that play is nor so much the spot - I agree there was a bobble and his momentum was carrying him backwards.  I find issue with the route being run right at the sticks.  It should have been run a few yards past.  As i stated above the Colts execution and the Pats inability to score in the crucial time of the game killed them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Root - you are exposing yourself.  I'll accept your complaints on the PI.  As I said last night, that call could have gone either way.  The spot on the 4th & 2 was solid.  Faulk bobbled that ball coming back and being driven back.  The tv had a perfect angle and that ball was secured on the wrong side of the 30.  Here's my question though?  Please answer?  If the pats really thought they had that 1st, why not challenge the play?
    Posted by underdogg

The Patriots could not challenge the play, as they were out of time outs. And Faulk did not "bobble" the ball. He re-gripped (is that a word?) the ball in the EXACT SAME PLACE on the field as when he first touched it. The ball SHOULD have been marked at the exact same spot where it first hit his hands, which probably would have resulted in a first down. Instead, it was spotted by a referee who could not even see the ball.

Having said all that, the ball placement alone did not cost us the game. Burning through time outs and allowing Manning to be Manning did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's good news/bad news for the Colts.

The script played out and they got their home win against the Pats.

That's the good news.

The bad news?

Denver is up to its old tricks in the AFC Worst and it looks like old friend San Dago might be planning a visit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to Colts haven't played anyone this year:
    common theme throughout the first half of the season.  Thoughts today?
    Posted by underdogg

Your team escaped with a win. The Pats had two long drives in a row without a score. If they as much as kick a FG on one they win. I don't think the Pats are afraid to go in there again and wion this time.

As for the call at the end of the game it was frustrating but it looked they want to go down swinging. Oh well, it showed me that if they play without mistakes they're one of the best in the league.

Indy escaped plain and simple; all that matters is the W but your team was not invincible either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Root - you are exposing yourself.  I'll accept your complaints on the PI.  As I said last night, that call could have gone either way.  The spot on the 4th & 2 was solid.  Faulk bobbled that ball coming back and being driven back.  The tv had a perfect angle and that ball was secured on the wrong side of the 30.  Here's my question though?  Please answer?  If the pats really thought they had that 1st, why not challenge the play?
    Posted by underdogg

Dogg - Take it easy on our friend Enoch.  He's have difficulty dealing with this loss.  He's worked his way through denial and bargaining, and he seems to be stuck on anger right now.  Pointing out his poor arguments may inhibit his ability to get past his team's loss...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

It's good news/bad news for the Colts. The script played out and they got their home win against the Pats. That's the good news. The bad news? Denver is up to its old tricks in the AFC Worst and it looks like old friend San Dago might be planning a visit.
    Posted by prairiemike

Personally, I think Indy was outplayed all night and they simply took advantage of a Patriots mistake in the end, as would any team if given the chance. Sometimes it works out, some times it doesn't. In this instance it worked out in the Colts favor. That does not make them the better team overall.

There is always going to be an element of human error in football, and last night we saw that play out to the opposing team's advantage. Simple as that. In being as objective as I possibly can, I was not overly impressed with Indy's ability stand toe to toe with the Patriots overall. I did not see a 'dominant' team in the Colts, not by a long shot. And believe me, I would admit it if that were what I witnessed because it would be very, very obvious. But again, that is not what I saw.

Would it have been great to see the Patriots walk out of there with a win last night? No question...yes! However, I will bide my time and wait to see what happens in the playoffs. Ultimately the playoff wins mean more, for obvious reasons. 

Just my two cents. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I agree with all that, Laurie, but I wonder if maybe I wouldn't feel better if the Pats had been beaten by a better team, rather than being unable to put away a team they had been dominating.

I have little reason to suspect anything will go differently if these teams meet again in January. The defense simply can't play for 60 minutes against that no-huddle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts haven't played anyone this year : Personally, I think Indy was outplayed all night and they simply took advantage of a Patriots mistake in the end, as would any team if given the chance. Sometimes it works out, some times it doesn't. In this instance it worked out in the Colts favor. That does not make them the better team overall. There is always going to be an element of human error in football, and last night we saw that play out to the opposing team's advantage. Simple as that. In being as objective as I possibly can, I was not overly impressed with Indy's ability stand toe to toe with the Patriots overall. I did not see a 'dominant' team in the Colts, not by a long shot. And believe me, I would admit it if that were what I witnessed because it would be very, very obvious. But again, that is not what I saw. Would it have been great to see the Patriots walk out of there with a win last night? No question...yes! However, I will bide my time and wait to see what happens in the playoffs. Ultimately the playoff wins mean more, for obvious reasons.  Just my two cents. 
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

CTLady - you are absolutely right on most of this, and I am here to admit it. 

The Pats blew out the colts in the first half.  The pats problem, they did not finish.

And I get where you can see that the pats are a better team, but from my own homer perspective, I ask these questions:  Take away Moss' 2 huge plays and Welker's return, and what do the pats have in the game.  Not much. 

Further, think about the young receivers' drops in the game without significant pressure from the pats.  Those need to be caught and I expect they will be in the future.  Case in point - Garcon dropped 3 (i think) yet manning went to him in the 4th and with every ounce of outstretched, but still on his feet, body, he pulled in that pass for a TD.  

If he makes those catches in the first half, I think we have a different game at half time. 

Here's my point.  The pats were killing the colts, but they did not kill the colts and the colts took advantage.  I love that about my team. 

The colts did not play their best game and left a lot of plays on the field. 

Jerraud Powers had a heck of a game, but missed 2 sure ints.  Lacey was picked apart last night, but he will be replaced by probowl quality Kelvin Hayden when he recovers from injury. 

The colts can be better.  Can the pats?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Sure the Pats can be better.

They had two turnovers in the endzone.

So logic would seem to indicate that they can be 14 points better.

Interesting take, though . . .

"If you take away all their big plays, they really didn't . .

ummm . . .  you know . . .

make any big plays."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Colts haven't played anyone this year : Personally, I think Indy was outplayed all night and they simply took advantage of a Patriots mistake in the end, as would any team if given the chance. Sometimes it works out, some times it doesn't. In this instance it worked out in the Colts favor. That does not make them the better team overall. There is always going to be an element of human error in football, and last night we saw that play out to the opposing team's advantage. Simple as that. In being as objective as I possibly can, I was not overly impressed with Indy's ability stand toe to toe with the Patriots overall. I did not see a 'dominant' team in the Colts, not by a long shot. And believe me, I would admit it if that were what I witnessed because it would be very, very obvious. But again, that is not what I saw. Would it have been great to see the Patriots walk out of there with a win last night? No question...yes! However, I will bide my time and wait to see what happens in the playoffs. Ultimately the playoff wins mean more, for obvious reasons.  Just my two cents. 
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats

It's refreshing to see a "fan" on this fan forum! Too many of us appear to be here to criticize (our players, the coaches, the refs, opposing viewpoints), but you appear to actually root for the team! What a concept!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pmike - definitely on the Maroney fumble, but that int was pure defensive scheme and brady did not see it. 

When (if) the two teams play again do expect 3 more big plays like that? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

I agree with all that, Laurie, but I wonder if maybe I wouldn't feel better if the Pats had been beaten by a better team, rather than being unable to put away a team they had been dominating. I have little reason to suspect anything will go differently if these teams meet again in January. The defense simply can't play for 60 minutes against that no-huddle.
    Posted by prairiemike

Mike, out of all the posts flying around... this is what concerns me the most about NE vs Indy. I was going to start a new post, but since you brought it up, here is my Q.... WHY can't our D hang with Indy for 60 minutes?  Why is it that we dominate for a half or 3 quarters, only to give up a massive lead.  this is the same D that holds the colts to 3 points for a whole half or 14 points for 3/4s.  Why cant we close??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsc3. Show jsc3's posts

The Colts haven't played anyone this year? I guess we can count the Pat's as one of those under the "anyone" tag.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

hey, dogg.... on the "supposed" bobble catch... please explain this..

How can the referee, to whom Faulk's back was to him and also had a couple defenders between him and the lineman, was already making the "bobbling" signal even BEFORE Faulk was being tackled?  Even the TV replay showed a clean catch and Faulk ws beyond the 30 when he got the ball.  At the worst, the ball could have been placed right on the 30 for a first down, instead the lineman placed it a half yard short!!!  Unfortunately, the Pats had NO timeouts to challenge the ruling.

Either way, regardless of your ipinion, it is what it is!  An L for the Pats and a W for the Colts.  The INK is dry!!

Sections
Shortcuts