Colts Injuries Mounting

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Re: Colts Injuries Mounting

I wouldn't call Ballard "key", I don't believe he would've gotten much carries behind Trent and Bradshaw.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

They also lost Fili Moala, who would have made the team, prior to Practice 1.  It's a rough start, but that's why you gotta have depth in the NFL.  Not sure why you'd call the Colts thin as a result of a couple of players going down.  They're thin if they can't implement the "next man up" principle.  Actually, as a Colt fan, I've been shaking my head whenever anyone talks up the Pats on TV, because NE seems really thin to me.  Not much team depth outside of the secondary, unless you count a ton of poor options at WR.  You guys better hope you don't have an OL or defensive front-7 player go down... 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

too bad about Thomas. he played really well here. yeah he got his money, but I wonder if this is career ending?

Thomas is really someone who should say...."thanks BB"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

imo they were still a few years away-

What hurt them most,  ironically,  is that their QB is so good

and has won so many ganes for them ahead of schedule

that it has hurt them in draft position

Are they getting anybody back from injury?

Its still the Broncos who are the most dangerous team

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no, I dont agree. the Pats are the most dangerous team, and their biggest challenge is not the Broncoes or Jets, it is health

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

They also lost Fili Moala, who would have made the team, prior to Practice 1.  It's a rough start, but that's why you gotta have depth in the NFL.  Not sure why you'd call the Colts thin as a result of a couple of players going down.  They're thin if they can't implement the "next man up" principle.  Actually, as a Colt fan, I've been shaking my head whenever anyone talks up the Pats on TV, because NE seems really thin to me.  Not much team depth outside of the secondary, unless you count a ton of poor options at WR.  You guys better hope you don't have an OL or defensive front-7 player go down... 

[object HTMLDivElement]

At some positions I agree, at others I don't in the least:

LB is a bit thin right now. You have 4 legit LB's and not much behind them. If one of those 2nd year LB's step up though 5 deep is deep enough for the LB position. Really that positions depth depends on the quality of that 5th LB. Their top 4 are solid but as you said 1 injury means you can't sub in players which will wear them down quickly like it did when they really only had 4 LBs last year.

DE is deeper than it was last year with Smith. If Buchanan steps up or say they make the UDFA Jones a flex DT/DE rusher it's deeper than before. Moore is a project but it certainly is deeper than it was last year.

DB is rather deep except at the S position. But, if Ryan flexes and Harmon takes a step further then that's clearly the deepest position on the roster

DT added Easley but basically same group as last year. We should see Kelly and Easley swapping roles at mid point in the season so they will be like 1.5 starters combined. After the front 3 though they really need those guys from last year to step up and one injury could hurt. But, as with LB if say Siliga improves to say where Love was the depth should be enough

WR is a position where they are deep as far as numbers. You can argue they are thin talent wise (imo they have a bunch of #2/3 types) but not the amount of bodies.

TE is very thin and they really haven't done anything to improve that from last year

OL is very deep. You have 2-3 players who can play any of the positions and all the main backups are flex players. This is very deep. Maybe even deeper than DB?

RB is pretty deep too from Ridley as a 1000yrd back to Devlin as FB with White, Vereen, and maybe Houston, Finch, or Bolden as a 5th option. This is pretty deep.

I'd say overall TE, DE, and LB might have some concerns for depth but at least at DE and LB there are players with potential and we'd have to be in a holding pattern for. WR is really the only spot I'm worried about talent wise but there is a lot of solid receivers, just no exceptional ones. Overall they are much deeper than they were at this point last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

At some positions I agree, at others I don't in the least:

LB is a bit thin right now. You have 4 legit LB's and not much behind them. If one of those 2nd year LB's step up though 5 deep is deep enough for the LB position. Really that positions depth depends on the quality of that 5th LB. There top 4 are solid but as you said 1 injury means you can't sub in players which will wear them down quickly like it did when they really only had 4 LBs too.

DE is deeper than it was last year with Smith. If Buchanan steps up or say they make the UDFA Jones a flex DT/DE rusher it's deeper than before. Moore is a project but it certainly is deeper than it was last year.

DB is rather deep except at the S position. But, if Ryan flexes and Harmon takes a step further then that's clearly the deepest position on the roster

DT added Easley but basically same group as last year. We should see Kelly and Easley swapping roles at mid point in the season so they will be like 1.5 starters combined. After the front 3 though they really need those guys from last year to step up and one injury could hurt. But, as with LB if say Siliga improves to say where Love was the depth should be enough

WR is a position where they are deep as far as numbers. You can argue they are thin talent wise (imo they have a bunch of #2/3 types) but not the amount of bodies.

TE is very thin and they really haven't done anything to improve that from last year

OL is very deep. You have 2-3 players who can play any of the positions and all the main backups are flex players. This is very deep. Maybe even deeper than DB?

RB is pretty deep too from Ridley as a 1000yrd back to Devlin as FB with White, Vereen, and maybe Houston, Finch, or Bolden as a 5th option. This is pretty deep.

I'd say overall TE, DE, and LB might have some concerns for depth but at least at DE and LB there are players with potential and we'd have to be in a holding pattern for. WR is really the only spot I'm worried about talent wise but there is a lot of solid receivers, just no exceptional ones. Overall they are much deeper than they were at this point last year.

[/QUOTE]

Gronk is a #1, and JE and DA are 1B and 1C

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NE "thin?" For a guy with over 700 posts here I would think you would be more knowledgeable. As a Colts fan why are you trolling here?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk is a #1, and JE and DA are 1B and 1C

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

On this team yes but Gronk is often injured and I said WR's not receivers. Edelman to me is a #2 WR type. Good WR but not someone other teams game plan around and certainly not on the same level as other #1 WR's out there. Amendola is a #3 to me. He just can't stay healthy and the numbers he puts up is closer to #2/3 WR quality on most teams than starting quality reps. Dobson to me has #2 type of upside but until healthy and on the field consistently is a #2/3 on most teams. Boyce is based solely on potential. Thompkins as of last year would be the 3rd or 4th WR on most teams. So to me my assessment stands. Full of #2/3 WR types but no real #1 types. To me #1 types is ones you see teams cheating coverage towards and gets opposing teams attention in big situations. Branch (in his prime), Welker, and Moss were those types imo. Dobson and Edelman are closer to the Givens and Patten types to me.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As an afc threat, they sure are thin as a team.  Ex-pat donald thomas tore his quad again.  Done for the year.

Between irsay, brazil,  a key loss at rb and now their starting guard, it has been a shaky start for the colts.

[/QUOTE]

Injuries mounting?    Where did you project Irsay?   2-gap DT?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As an afc threat, they sure are thin as a team.  Ex-pat donald thomas tore his quad again.  Done for the year.

Between irsay, brazil,  a key loss at rb and now their starting guard, it has been a shaky start for the colts.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol I was thinking the same thing. And this Brazill guy and his 12 receptions last year will really hurt. I mean, they only have Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton and Hakeem Nicks at receiver now. They're screwed...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Rusty mentioned turn over on defense. He' got a point. Think they are dangerous but really their D won the AFC title game for them by not allowing a trade a TD for TD type back and forth game and snubbing out the NE running game (not that NE committed). I see any downgrade there as devastating for the Broncos.  With NE's improved defense things might flip flop this year. 

Colts..did not see them having a great off season but no way will they have the same string of injuries they did last year. Think they will again make the playoffs regardless. IT is much easier to find a decent replacement and rebuild depth from early injuries anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

[QUOTE]

Rusty mentioned turn over on defense. He' got a point. Think they are dangerous but really their D won the AFC title game for them by not allowing a trade a TD for TD type back and forth game and snubbing out the NE running game (not that NE committed). I see any downgrade there as devastating for the Broncos.  With NE's improved defense things might flip flop this year. 

Colts..did not see them having a great off season but no way will they have the same string of injuries they did last year. Think they will again make the playoffs regardless. IT is much easier to find a decent replacement and rebuild depth from early injuries anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Landib

better said, I think the broncs are the most dangerous team.   To the Pats

i think the pats have improved everywhere, I think denver is a liile stronger on D but not on O, losing decker and ww is going to regress. And they don't have the same rbs. And the broncs have to come back after losing the sb, not a great record for those teams

the other thing I really like hearing is how physical the TC is, I think this is the best team since 2007" do they have potential weaknesses, probably. But then very teams worst enemy is injury. To be afraid of that, well that's the nfl

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, Bustchise...An old Wayne off a torn ACL and an oft injured Nicks are slam dunk depth around Hilton. WIth their best TE out and another RB gone for the year with a starting Guard also gone, they're in great shape!

LOL

I mean, forget the inbreeding going back centuries, it's more like millenniums for your family.

WOW

12 catches for Brazill this year might be 40 in another year in the system.  Clearly, he was in their plans.  What do you think the word "depth" means? 

You have got to be one of the dumbest humans I've ever witnessed. Ever.

[/QUOTE]

Plenty of players have come back successfully from ACL's. Especially one of his caliber.

Ok, what about Da'Rick Rogers then? Oh, that's right, you've never heard of him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol I was thinking the same thing. And this Brazill guy and his 12 receptions last year will really hurt. I mean, they only have Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton and Hakeem Nicks at receiver now. They're screwed...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Bustchise...An old Wayne off a torn ACL and an oft injured Nicks are slam dunk depth around Hilton. WIth their best TE out and another RB gone for the year with a starting Guard also gone, they're in great shape!

LOL

I mean, forget the inbreeding going back centuries, it's more like millenniums for your family.

WOW

12 catches for Brazill this year might be 40 in another year in the system.  Clearly, he was in their plans.  What do you think the word "depth" means? 

You have got to be one of the dumbest humans I've ever witnessed. Ever.

[/QUOTE]

And yet their receiving corps is still better than the Patsies...espcially if Gronk goes down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, i always trust rookies and old wrs off of acl's. .  Who cares about known system depth?  Of all people, jets fans should know about how dangerous it is to not have any.

You have been "rebuilding" for 45 years.

Bawhaa

[/QUOTE]

Dude he had better stats than Brazill last year. If Rogers was the one hurt you'd say Brazill sucked. Your blatant inconsistency is amusing as always.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Wait. Wut? Tell me again what injury Irsay sustained and what position does he play?

Sections
Shortcuts