Colts just blew it up.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Colts just blew it up.

What does Underdogg think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts just blew it up.:
    In Response to Re: Colts just blew it up. : no what you were seeing was the reason Peyton should have been the MVP about 8 times in a row
    Posted by JintsFan

Clearly you don't understand what MVP is.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Will be bottom feeders for a long time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Colts just blew it up.:
    Colts released TE Dallas Clark, RB Joseph Addai, MLB Gary Brackett, and SS Melvin Bullitt. Clark turns 33 before the season, can't stay healthy, and was an absolute nightmare when he did see the field in 2011, dropping passes left and right and getting exposed in lame attempts as a blocker. He may generate some interest in free agency, but very well might be done. The rest of the moves represent a full-on house cleaning by the franchise. Addai, Brackett, and Bullitt were all overpriced and do not fit into the plans of Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson. - roto
    Posted by Getzo

The Colts are doing the right thing to rebuild their franchise. Kudos to Jim Irsay for having the insight and the guts to do what needed to be done.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I for one am celebrating.  For YEARS these guys managed to keep incredible amounts of talent together by some sleight of hand, and nearly had a couple more superbowls to show for it.  Almost unfair that year after year they kept all these amazing guys and just kept rolling.  NOW the payment has come due.  NOW they will suffer.  It's like watching your sister-in-law the crack addict get everything she ever wanted while you are busting your hump to get by.  NOW the Clots reveal their true selves, both in the horrible "diving for draft picks" season and the public gutting of team and management.  It gives me a THRILL that they only went to two superbowls and only won ONE.  It's more than they deserve.  This team is now the true CLOTS I always thought they were.  And Peyton is done.  He will leverage this mess into a decent contract, but will play poorly or not at all.  He showed his true nature in the predatory contract he signed last year with FULL knowledge of his true medical condition.  This man has been paid BIG money since day one in the league, but abused his standing, privilege, and position and exposed his team to ridicule by not being honest with them right away.  Couldn't resist one more big payday, and he still can't.  I hope the Dolphins sign him.  That will be fun to watch.  The magic is OVER.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I for one am celebrating.  For YEARS these guys managed to keep incredible amounts of talent together by some sleight of hand, and nearly had a couple more superbowls to show for it.  Almost unfair that year after year they kept all these amazing guys and just kept rolling.  NOW the payment has come due.  NOW they will suffer.  It's like watching your sister-in-law the crack addict get everything she ever wanted while you are busting your hump to get by.  NOW the Clots reveal their true selves, both in the horrible "diving for draft picks" season and the public gutting of team and management.  It gives me a THRILL that they only went to two superbowls and only won ONE.  It's more than they deserve.  This team is now the true CLOTS I always thought they were.  And Peyton is done.  He will leverage this mess into a decent contract, but will play poorly or not at all.  He showed his true nature in the predatory contract he signed last year with FULL knowledge of his true medical condition.  This man has been paid BIG money since day one in the league, but abused his standing, privilege, and position and exposed his team to ridicule by not being honest with them right away.  Couldn't resist one more big payday, and he still can't.  I hope the Dolphins sign him.  That will be fun to watch.  The magic is OVER.
    Posted by Davedsone

Good teams have to draft well, if they want to stay on top. When they don't, you get the current Indianapolis Colts. Where would the Pats be without the 2010 draft?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Posted by Davedsone

^ Why does this current Indy situation, offer such an uncanny resemblance of plot with Jon Steinbach's novel, "Of Mice and Men."

Of Mice and Men-

Short story really given the similiar writing of it's day, further offering ease of readibility by being broken up into 6 "settings/books."  Neither heady nor overly complicated for the reader...-And yet, still for some unexplainable reason, A tediously painfully boring and uninteresting story to get through, because it offers little if anything in terms of a character, or setting, or plot reality that any audience readily gives 2 cr#ps about empathizing with.  The fact that it's impossible to come away with even of even the most modest types of novel insights or poignant ideas, doesn't help matters for "Of Mice and Men's" lasting appeal.

Let's see...set on a Farm/Ranch in Nowhereville, USA.  Main protagonists are: 1 Angry guy with a dream, and his super hard-working r#tarded buddy as his constant companion.  Angry guy really and trully cares VERY deeply about his r#tarded pal- Ehh, not really...  I mean, he appears to at first, But the angry guy cares FAR more about the bigger, and largely pointless (yet unrealistic as well) Dream that he and half-w#t share in eventually "Owning the Farm."  See, half-w#t keeps comin' up short and scr#win' things up in the end, inevitably hurting those around him.  Upon the h#lf-w#t man-child accidentally strangling & suffocating the lady of the ranch (she asks him to brush her hair, guy doesn't understand his own strength, woman screams, he shakes her to stop the screams, And he breaks her neck in the process)- Angry constant companion ultimately realizes that his pairing with half-w#t will forever doom This "Great Dream" (i.e. small farm ownership in a 1 horse state), to failure...  Considering h#lf-wit sealed his own fate and that the other townpeople are gonna do'em in anyways, Angry guy just puts a bullet in the back'a half-w#t's head and then calls it a day.  Unfortunately, In the end, things such as "The Idea of your ideal dream which you share and believe in, with a companion whom does the same", Inevitably gets killed in the same process that'cha initially believed might instead help bring said dream into better fruition...  And in the end, Noone cares anymore than they had when they opened the book and started reading on Page 1.

Curtain bow fro Angry Bill, half-w#t Peyton, and the Indianapolis Colts' lofty expectations in their dreams of modest glory. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I think it was a no brainer

i think Peyton is done
    Its a fine line being great and good

Romo is a perfect example
    and once the tools fade you cannot make it up

the rest of the team was built around Peyton
    and they weren't worth the $

Washington was better off with what they did
    and rhe colts are 2
    Washington has some players, Cap space and a QB
    Colts now have cap space, no plaers and draft choices

who ever gets Peton now will have to deal with how
    to ease away from a Super Star
    It will not be pretty at the end
    Unless he is just knocked out

We have hopefully 3 yrs left
    We need a SB win soon

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I wonder what the total cap hit of all these cuts is.  I think Manning is going to cost the Colts 10 million against the cap this year.

Do you guys think that part of this is because of the new CBA?   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

What does Underdogg think?
    Posted by Rocky

Who cares?

Maybe NOW he will finally vanish. Though something tells me he's not sane enough to let his team being turned into a joke stop him from coming here.

Zombies could rise from the grave and start eating people and he would still be here trying to atagonize and harrass people. That boy has a screw loose.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Colts just blew it up. : Colts moves result in $38 million of dead money
    Posted by jri37

Ouch!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .  look at it realistically.

This is a team full of guys who had no problem tanking their season. How much of that do you really want back?

It's like that girl in school who does that thing all the boys like.

Of course you go out with her . . .

But only once.

Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SysRq. Show SysRq's posts

Not blew it up, threw it up.  None of them are worth keeping.  Freeney will cost too much when they let him go and the only other one left that's worth looking at is Garcon.  The end of an era aside, there's nothing falling through the Colt cracks to get excited about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

OOF!! $38m

No wonder Polian was fired

Looks like they will get the number 1 pick next year too
    Is it any worse than an expansion team?

I know we all want a SB, but it is damn tough to win
    games in the NFL. It is so hard to get a SB winning QB,
    a core of excellent players, and then all the complentary pieces.
    don't get injured, don't have head cases, get them all coached up-
    and then sprinkle a little bit of Good Luck on top.

There are a group of up and coming young teams
    like Houston and SF - maybe Detroit, maybe Atlanta
    and the Giants are already there. GB and NO are no
    sure things - and we are so close but just far enough away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The only reason to keep a nursing home going in the Colts training facility was the chance that Peyton could lead them to the playoffs.  No Peyton, no playoffs in 2012, and so it was time to clear out anyone who won't play in 2013 or later. 

The Indys have to work out of their cap hell for a while.  Also, they don't have Bill Polian, who may have been a berserko of a human being but he could draft pretty well.  If the Colts are lucky enough to find a new miracle worker or two, they can be rebuilt in 2 or 3 years.  If not, they might bounce around in the basement for years and for decades.  I'd go with the latter.  P.S. the Colts can be sold to L.A. and that would serve Indianapolis right, now that the taxpayers have ponied up for a new stadium and all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

P.S. the Colts can be sold to L.A. and that would serve Indianapolis right, now that the taxpayers have ponied up for a new stadium and all.
    Posted by Paul_K

Not a realistic possibility, but how hilarious would that be?

When Andrew Luck tanks it, this team is going to simply disappear from the NFL radar.

Sections
Shortcuts