Colts Listed as SB Favorites

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites

Polian's new rule is that int's in the SB are only 2 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I saw this earlier.  I was surprised to see the Pats so high.  If Favre comes back you gotta think Minnesota is up there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I was hoping the Pats had fallen lower... I miss the days when we were underdogs.  I think they hype us because they hate us and want us to deal with the weight of expectations.

I'd think the Jets would be higher than the Pats at least.  Somebody in NY must have paid them off to give the Jets bulletin board material because the media is IN LOVE with the Jets this offseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Colts Listed as SB Favorites:
         The Indianapolis Colts have been installed as early favorites to win the 2010 season SB. The odds of the Colts winning are 8-1. New Orleans is second at 9-1. The Patriots and Chargers are listed at 10-1: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-04-26/online-oddsmaker-lists-colts-early-super-bowl-favorite
    Posted by TexasPat3

Nothing new to see here.....

I would not put money on them to win......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites:
    Polian's new rule is that int's in the SB are only 2 points.
    Posted by HRK103

No...the new rule is that the score is reversed......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Definitely see the Ravens, Jets, and Phins as threats in the AFC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Definitely see the Ravens, Jets, and Phins as threats in the AFC.
    Posted by underdoggg

Careful that limb might break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Why do you insult stupid like that for?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by HRK103

Yeah, what dummy said......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites : Call me conservative if you must, but I am not going to be stupid (like Underdoggg) and say the Colts!
    Posted by underdoggg

Fixed for accuracy!  Wicked DUMB!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

does anyone else look at history, the colts will not make the playoffs like 90% of all SB losers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites : Fixed for accuracy!  Wicked DUMB!
    Posted by m1021us

Manipulated would be more like it.  Very Belichickian of you.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites : Manipulated would be more like it.  Very Belichickian of you.  
    Posted by underdoggg

kind of like Polian with his rule changes to fit his team's style of play?  That is manipulative.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites : kind of like Polian with his rule changes to fit his team's style of play?  That is manipulative.....
    Posted by m1021us

I stand corrected - Polian is a manipulator - which is so much more acceptable than the cheater that Belichick is. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There are different ways to cheat one is to manipulate the rules so that they no longer mean what they are supposed to mean.   Polian did that several times.  One example was the "emphasis" on defensive holding, which totally changed rather than emphasize the rule. 

Another was to take a rule aimed at media and apply it to teams. This would be the filming the sidelines bit - which is still not a rule.  A rule must be voted on this never was.  Instead a letter was sent out that said it was applicable it to teams.  The Jets did this in a playoff game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

That's right, when all else fails, go with the "Cheater" angle.  You are a Troll/Tool.  Or is it Trool now?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites : I stand corrected - Polian is a manipulator - which is so much more acceptable than the cheater that Belichick is. 
    Posted by underdoggg

Play nice, Dog(gg)...LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'm surprised the Saints weren't the faves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Listed as SB Favorites :      Play nice, Dog(gg)...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

My apologies TP to you and the other pats fans.  I just got tired of m1021us (newly coined - Cruiser (Stripes)) telling every how dumb or stupid they were (and they were pats fans) for the remarks they made.  He rarely even offered insight into why he was saying it.  He was just being a Dum bass, so I have starting treating like it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Posted by HRK103

Jerry see's that this bickering has spilled over into yet another post, Jerry Likes this, its good for Jerrys show.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

There is some logic to those odds .... no one team is a clear cut favorite.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

It actually seems pretty good for an early projection. I always like the Pats' chances to win each year with Brady and Belichick, but I think the 2011-2012 season might be the right time.

I would have given the Ravens better odds. They just had what looks like a great draft and if Flacco shakes out of his sophomore slump they can be a serious contender.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

The Colts were favorites last year too. How did that work out?

Ford makes vehicles. Pepsi makes soft drinks. The Colts? they gag in the playoffs. It's what they do. And it is what they will continue to do as long as choke master stat whor e Peyton Manning is there.

The only title that team ever won was by default. The Pats beat their brains in for an entire half before being overcome by the flu in the AFC Championship game. The Colts were so outmatched they had to have a virus clear out the opposing team to even have a shot. Then they got to play the Superbowl against one of the worst QBs to ever start a playoff game, and still nearly effed that up.

This decade belonged to the Patriots and Steelers. They can set all the lines they want. Until the Colts start finishing, I'm not worried about them. Not to mention they weren't nearly as good as their record seemed to indicate last year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Colts, Saints, Minnesotta, New York Jets, San Diego, Dallas, Arizona, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Green Bay, New England, Cincinnatti, Houston, Atlanta, Carolina, Tennessee, New York Giants, Denver

Saints, Colts, San Diego, New England, Dallas, New York, Minesotta, Green Bay, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Houston, Atlanta, Washington, Cincinnatti, New York Giants, Tennessee, Carolina, Denver  

List 1: Bold Odds-Maker Prediction for next year from The Sporting News

List 2: Exactly the order that they finished in THIS year

~Pleassse TP, I wanna work for The Sporting News-ya got any good connections, pretty, pretty please...  I really, trully think I can make average of 1 single move predictions, and then add some random team like Washington in order to make me seem informed...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Finally a year that the Pats are worth betting. If you shop the sports books you could probably find 12-1.

Sections
Shortcuts