Colts Look Off?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts Look Off?

In Response to Re: Colts Look Off?:
    [QUOTE]Sam - you've got the history, no doubt.  The colts have the recent dominance.  The pats are not, imo, the better team.  I don't want to come over to your side, but I will admit, I love your city.  I just wish your fans were a little less obnoxious. 
    Posted by underdoggggg[/QUOTE]

Hey Dog(gggg)...time for a gut check. I want some straight answers...NO EQUIVICATIONS ALLOWED!!! Man up, boy!!!:       

True or False: 

1.) Gary Brackett wasn't really worth what the Colts paid him?

2.) Brackett is an average at best ILB, who only got paid big money because the Colts had nobody better to replace him with?

3.) Brackett was overpaid partially out of the kindness of Jim Irsay's heart? 

4.) Brackett is the 35th best ILB in the NFL?

5.) Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - my answers:

1.  Gary Brackett - is worth twice what the colts paid him.  He's better than Wilfork and Mayo combined.  The media who is so pats biased is just unwilling to admit this. 

2.  Gary Brackett is the best inside linebacker in the game and has been for sometime.  The pro pats media bias and Indy's small market is the only reason he hasn't been to a probowl and hasn't been a 1st Team all pro the last 3 years. 

3.  Jim Irsay struck gold with Gary Brackett.  Given the colts defensive woes before him no amount paid could have been enough. 

4.  Brackett is the #1 ILB in Football.  Profootball Focus is a hack sight written with a patriot bias. 

5.  The colts would be better off with Jamarcus Russell than Peyton Manning. 

STP - did you think the same thing when the colts won 2 preseason games during the 3 year stretch you mentioned?  Would you characterize the pats as soft?  They certainly played soft in Foxboro in January.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Y'know, the Colts have worked through makeshift lines successfully before.  One year, seventh round rookie Jaime Richard started the first five games or so at center, and second rounder Mike Pollac k was starting at right guard.  Manning was coming off his bursa sac surgery too, but they ended up 12-4 and Manning got the MVP.  The Colts have regularly worked in some of the same back-ups they're playing with now over the last few seasons and kept on trucking. 

Without a doubt, the Charlie Johnson injury is the most concerning thing.  Ugoh is proving he's not up to the task at LT again, and Johnson looks like he will definitely be out a couple games into the season.  I'd be really surprised if Saturday is still out by game 1, and DeVan is already back to practice. 

NE's situation looks dicier than Indy's IMHO, because (with the exception of Vollmers) the back-ups the Pats are inserting are a little more untested than those of the Colts.  The new Pats might not quite be up to speed on the offense, and it would be the first significant PT for those back-ups who've been with the team for a while. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TP - my answers: 1.  Gary Brackett - is worth twice what the colts paid him.  He's better than Wilfork and Mayo combined.  The media who is so pats biased is just unwilling to admit this.  2.  Gary Brackett is the best inside linebacker in the game and has been for sometime.  The pro pats media bias and Indy's small market is the only reason he hasn't been to a probowl and hasn't been a 1st Team all pro the last 3 years.  3.  Jim Irsay struck gold with Gary Brackett.  Given the colts defensive woes before him no amount paid could have been enough.  4.  Brackett is the #1 ILB in Football.  Profootball Focus is a hack sight written with a patriot bias.  5.  The colts would be better off with Jamarcus Russell than Peyton Manning.  STP - did you think the same thing when the colts won 2 preseason games during the 3 year stretch you mentioned?  Would you characterize the pats as soft?  They certainly played soft in Foxboro in January.

Once again, you have dodged my questions, this time with sarcasm. Why are you so afraid to take a stand? What a wus...LOL!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Apparently, the Colts are dealing with injury problems, too: http://www.indystar.com/article/20100824/SPORTS03/8240341/1100

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Look Off? :      Once again, you have dodged my questions, this time with sarcasm. Why are you so afraid to take a stand? What a wus...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    I have taken a stand and provided my responses to your questions.  Once again you have demonstrated that regardless of how many times I do it, if I don't give you what YOU want, then you become a bully. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Who cares?

The Colts have become irrelevent, although it does give me a warm, fuzzy feeling to see them finally dealing with the same injury bug we always seem to be stuck with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Look Off? : I have taken a stand and provided my responses to your questions.  Once again you have demonstrated that regardless of how many times I do it, if I don't give you what YOU want, then you become a bully. 

LOL!!!! What a wus!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Look Off? :      LOL!!!! What a wus!!! You continue to demonstrate that you're the gutless troll that I claim you to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Look Off? :      LOL!!!! What a wus!!!

Please don't steal my lunch money TP (knees rattling). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Its preseason. When Manning and Wayne are going full tilt for 60 min they will be the same ol guys. That D will have problems next year. The Colts are always terrible in the preseason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I expect the Colts to be very good again this year, they use the preseason as they should, for tinkering and messing about. Count on the Colts to make a deep playoff run and find another painful way to lose prior to actually making the Super Bowl.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I'll be happy to actually go on record as saying the colts look off.  That said, they ALWAYS look off in the preseason.  It's just they way they do it, but that said, every time I see them in the preseason, I get worried about regular season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Look Off? : Please don't steal my lunch money TP (knees rattling). 

LOL!!! I see that you're wearing pink today..."Oh gee, TP is bullying me"!!! Hey Dog(gggg), why don't you ask Sam what you should do??

Everyone here knows that you are the gutless troll that I claim you to be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Please don't hurt me TP. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't hurt me TP. 

Wimp...LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The Colts always play like crap in the preseason. It doesn't mean a thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dog(gggg)...I'll give you one more chance to salvage your manhood. I'll make a deal with you...answer the following true or false questions honestly, free from sarcasm and equivocation, and I'll answer any questions you care to pose in return. Deal?? 

Hey Dog(gggg)...time for a gut check. I want some straight answers...NO EQUIVICATIONS ALLOWED!!! Man up, boy!!!:       

True or False: 

1.) Gary Brackett wasn't really worth what the Colts paid him?

2.) Brackett is an average at best ILB, who only got paid big money because the Colts had nobody better to replace him with?

3.) Brackett was overpaid partially out of the kindness of Jim Irsay's heart? 

4.) Brackett is the 35th best ILB in the NFL?

5.) Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Pre-season people. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - I am really tired of all of this so I am going to give you my opinion.  You are not going to get yes no answers but you will have my opinion on each subject. 

1.  I don't worry about contracts like pats fans do, so I don't care too much what he was paid.  The colts have proven that they know how to pay players they want to pay and maintain a level of excellence while doing it.  So I am satisfied.  From Polian's comments do I think they think they overpaid?  Maybe.  As has been noted, linebacker is not the most important position for them and they have let many go instead of paying them.  As Polian noted, they didn't have someone to plug in so he was not expendable and he is effective in their system, a good team and community guy, and durable. 

2.  I'd say Brackett is a good linebacker in the colts system.  I do not think he would thrive in other systems or even in some cases, other teams with similar systems, ala Cato June.  Jason Cole said he wouldn't start for most teams.  Profootballfocus ranked him 35 last year.  Maybe he was 18th the year before (don't know).  He is not as you said one of the best mlb/ilb's in the league. Polian said they did not have someone to plug into his spot, so I'll defer to his comments as to whether or not the team had someone to replace him. 

3.  I can't answer this.  I have no idea. 

4.  I'd say Brackett is better than that, but PFF's formula driven ranking system put him there last year.  My original reason for posting this was to show you that there were many who disagreed with your opinion that Brackett was the one of the best MLB/ILB's in the league. 

5.  Yes - but other younger QB's are catching.  Brees is awfully good.  Haven't seen Rodgers enough to venture an opinion. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dog(gggg)...you stated the following: TP - I am really tired of all of this so I am going to give you my opinion.  You are not going to get yes no answers but you will have my opinion on each subject. 

1.  I don't worry about contracts like pats fans do, so I don't care too much what he was paid.  The colts have proven that they know how to pay players they want to pay and maintain a level of excellence while doing it.  So I am satisfied.  From Polian's comments do I think they think they overpaid?  Maybe.  As has been noted, linebacker is not the most important position for them and they have let many go instead of paying them.  As Polian noted, they didn't have someone to plug in so he was not expendable and he is effective in their system, a good team and community guy, and durable.

RESPONSE: I'll take that as a "false". 

2.  I'd say Brackett is a good linebacker in the colts system.  I do not think he would thrive in other systems or even in some cases, other teams with similar systems, ala Cato June.  Jason Cole said he wouldn't start for most teams.  Profootballfocus ranked him 35 last year.  Maybe he was 18th the year before (don't know).  He is not as you said one of the best mlb/ilb's in the league. Polian said they did not have someone to plug into his spot, so I'll defer to his comments as to whether or not the team had someone to replace him. 

RESPONSE:  Sounds like a "true". 

3.  I can't answer this.  I have no idea.

RESPONSE: LOL!! Okay...we'll let that one slide. 

4.  I'd say Brackett is better than that, but PFF's formula driven ranking system put him there last year.  My original reason for posting this was to show you that there were many who disagreed with your opinion that Brackett was the one of the best MLB/ILB's in the league. 

RESPONSE: I'll take that as a "false"...and that you believe him to be nothing special...just an above average ILB.  

5.  Yes - but other younger QB's are catching.  Brees is awfully good.  Haven't seen Rodgers enough to venture an opinion. 

RESPONSE: Clearly a "true"! Congratulations!! Was that so hard?? Since you didn't mention Brady in your answer above, I assume that you think that Drew Brees and Rodgers are, along with Peyton, better than Tom.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - I don't really give a flying fck which way you take my answers except that you not try to define my opinion as something other than what I have given. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think you're officially under his skin TP, nice job.

Doggggg, now I'll tell you what you should do;

Start a thread announcing to everyone on the board that you believe Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning. That the Patriots have been the better team, with the better regular season head to head record, with the better playoff head to head record, with three times as many SB's and countless NFL records over the past decade and that Bill Polian and Tony Dungy are in a relationship.

I swear if you do that you'll be the star of the board.

Do it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TP - I don't really give a flying fck which way you take my answers except that you not try to define my opinion as something other than what I have given. 

LOL!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts