Colts looking to trade Dwight Freeny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Colts looking to trade Dwight Freeny

Per @SI_PeterKing on Twitter.  Colts want a good pick for Freeny.  I would look in to it if I was BB.  What you guys think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Colts looking to trade Dwight Freeny

his cap number is insane right now so you'd need to extend him long term. How much would it take to extend him, plus the pick?

They have been shopping him since the season ended and no one has taken. It's hard to move a $19mil cap number of a 31yr old player looking for another contract let alone ask a good pick in return.

I'd rather target Osi. Might end up being the same pick but better cap number and a year younger

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I like both Freeny and Osi, but I am not sure I like them enough to trade for and then sign them long term. I think there is more value in using one of those first round picks for a need like OL, OLB/DE, WR, CB/S and trading the other one back into the early second round with bonus picks to add to the depth you can add to the team.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Freeney is a one trick pony.  BB isn't going to spend $ and a draft pick on a one trick pony.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Colts looking to trade Dwight Freeny:
    [QUOTE]Freeney is a one trick pony.  BB isn't going to spend $ and a draft pick on a one trick pony.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

There's a reason nobody his size has ever lined up at DE for the Pats under BB.

Too small to set the edge, never been terribly good against the run, can't tie up multiple blockers...yes,  trick pony exactly.

In that respect, I don't know that Osi is a fit either at 2 inches taller, and 8 lbs lighter.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Colts looking to trade Dwight Freeny:
    [QUOTE]Per @SI_PeterKing on Twitter.  Colts want a good pick for Freeny.  I would look in to it if I was BB.  What you guys think?
    Posted by mississippipatfan[/QUOTE]

Hell no! If the Pats trade for Freeney, they'll have to assume that ridiculous contract of his. If I'm not mistaken, he's scheduled to make somewhere in the $16-19 mil. range this season. No one will pay him that. The Colts are going to end up releasing him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I'll rather have Bruce Irvin, BB can coach him up, and he can become a force specially on obvious passing downs, the kid is flash off the edge... just needs to get stronger and learn a couple of moves..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This has to be the most extensive team deconstruction I've ever seen. New coach, new QB, new GM, half the players. And this was a team who played in the SB two years ago and everyone was hailing their brilliance. Very strange.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Colts looking to trade Dwight Freeny:
    [QUOTE]Freeney is a one trick pony.  BB isn't going to spend $ and a draft pick on a one trick pony.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

He does have 2 outstanding pass rush moves. Freeney can bull rush with the best of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Colts should have traded the Luck pick for a boat load of future draft picks and maybe players. They could take 2 or 3 years to rebuild thru the draft and get a lot of depth. Now they will have a potential QB and no line to protect him. Luck better be good right out of the gate and not get hurt. They never really had a D with Manning getting a Brinks truck delivering his paycheck every week. That franchise is doomed...  yes doomed. We should trade picks with them and the Fins if at all possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

rather have Osi