COLTS: luckiest team in history?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

COLTS: luckiest team in history?

not only do they get all of the calls by the officials, but they always get the bounce of the balll to go there way. They will make a first down by an inch, other team will throw a stupid interception or fumble in the red zone Just when indy needs it. Peyton throws passes that sould be easil intercepted yet the db drops it.

Stuff like this has happend in every close colts game this year ex- Miami game jacksonville game, Texans, Pats, Ravens. I actually hope they go 16-0 then loose miserably in the devidional round which would be hilarious.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history?

Faulk was over the line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I would say the Colts are lucky the Ravens offense Eats it. You can't kick field goals all day and beat the Colts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : LOL - Why didn't belichick challenge then?  Oh that's right he screwed himself with poor timeout management.  No one's fault but his own. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

So, you are saying that the Colts are prepared to take advantage of bad spots by the refs - almost as if they know they are coming.

Makes sense. The rest of us know they are coming. Why shouldn't the Colts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I would say the Colts are lucky the Ravens offense Eats it. You can't kick field goals all day and beat the Colts.
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]

You can't even get game winning first downs and beat them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Let's worry about what the Pats can control.  I'm tired of reading about the Colts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

its sickening, i mean i can see a team "making thier own breaks" but this i just insanity. If not for the good lord and the zebras on thier side they could easily be 7-3 or worse

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]Beat your team's butt.  LOL.  Actually what the colts do (as any good team does) is take advantage of another team's mistakes.

Beat our butts?  Won yes, butt beating, not really.  But you and your team earned bragging rights it's agreed.  But why the revisionist history?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

No matter, Indy has the number one spot in our conference.  Let them win against our opposition.  As of today, we are tied for the second spot and the other bye--i'll take that after 3 terrible losses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]its sickening, i mean i can see a team "making thier own breaks" but this i just insanity. If not for the good lord and the zebras on thier side they could easily be 7-3 or worse
    Posted by condog24[/QUOTE]

The NFL has started a new stat - Z yards.

It is how many yards awarded by the refs to the Colts during a game. The more yards they give, the more points the refs get. Their points can earn them autographed pictures of Peyton Manning, Manning's used teabags or even a point and a wink from Peyton during the game. The refs love it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]No matter, Indy has the number one spot in our conference.  Let them win against our opposition.  As of today, we are tied for the second spot and the other bye--i'll take that after 3 terrible losses.
    Posted by jcappy[/QUOTE]

I think we are third behind Cincy due to Div record.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They always seem to get that extra bounce. Let's hope the Texans can beat em next week. 

7-3 tied with San Diego and Cincy for second in the AFC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

[QUOTE]Beat your team's butt.  LOL.  Actually what the colts do (as any good team does) is take advantage of another team's mistakes.

Beat our butts? You’re as ignorant as leon when it comes to football. A one point win in football is not decisive, especially playing at home. An extra point which is attempted after a six point touchdown is worth one point.

The colts won a close game that could have very well gone either way.

Check out the NFL website, they give a pretty good explanation as to how the scoring goes, you should have a better understanding as to how close the game was when learning more. Good luck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : You can't even get game winning first downs and beat them.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

LOL..The rest of the Colts schedule doen't look too tough either.Denver looks like they can't beat anyone right now. The best shot of these guys going down in the regular season is against The Jags at Jacksonville. A lot of the Media were ripping the Pats in 2007 for playing their starters when they had home field sewn up. I'm waiting to see what they have to say about the Colts if they go for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

The Colts flirted with it in 2004 at 13-0, and they seemed much more interested in getting everyone 100% healthy than "going for it".  Specifically, I seem to remember Brackett and another defensive player being held out of Game 14 even though they were just slightly dinged.  Caldwell's more agressive than Dungy, so it will be interesting to see what happens this year if it continues...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]The Colts flirted with it in 2004 at 13-0, and they seemed much more interested in getting everyone 100% healthy than "going for it".  Specifically, I seem to remember Brackett and another defensive player being held out of Game 14 even though they were just slightly dinged.  Caldwell's more agressive than Dungy, so it will be interesting to see what happens this year if it continues...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking. If Dungy were coaching they would probably sit guys to get them healthy. You know the Players want to go for it so we'll see what Caldwell thinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

I want them to go 16-0.  It would be so much sweeter to destroy their season in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The Pats got breaks if you remember in many games during their 16-0 season. Good win today by the Pats. However, their second half lack-luster play is 2 straight games old now. They need to fix their second half point production.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

You guys are really flogging this horse pretty bad. The PI calls, the Belichick blunder, and still the Pats lost their toughest road game all year by a single point. We have to play better situational football (in the red zone against good teams on defense and offense.) and the only way to do that is to put are young defensive players in a precarious position to decide the outcome of the game. Our D needs to hold teams to field goals in the red zone and Bill will, ideally, know who starts in what packages (nickels and dimes). The D Line and secondary is still very much a work in progress. It's better to evaluate your team after a loss like that than it is to assess blame on anyone play, player (except the Maroney fumble), or coach.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

(The Pats got breaks if you remember in many games during their 16-0 season)

True they got a few breaks in that ravens game but the rest of the games were blowouts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The Colts are not lucky, good teams find a way to win, no matter how bad they look every week they just win, period, who cares about anything but the final score, the final score is the bottom line. Next time we play at Indy in the AFCC game in January i hope the Patriots play smarter, eliminate turnovers, ditch the prevent D, save their 2nd half timeouts for crucial challenges and finish them off.

Of course they get the calls, they always do, we should be used to it by now, good teams overcome the bad calls, i believe the Patriots can overcome the ''home field advantage'' in the rematch.

Maybe the Colts are just better this year now that they got a real coach.Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

also note that the colts get all the tough teams at home ( except the .500) revens at home another gift. pats play most of thier hard games on the road including having to go to Indy for the 3rd straight year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]The Colts flirted with it in 2004 at 13-0, and they seemed much more interested in getting everyone 100% healthy than "going for it".  Specifically, I seem to remember Brackett and another defensive player being held out of Game 14 even though they were just slightly dinged.  Caldwell's more agressive than Dungy, so it will be interesting to see what happens this year if it continues...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Caldwell? You mean Manning.

By the way, you spelled Winnfield wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to COLTS: luckiest team in history?:
    [QUOTE]not only do they get all of the calls by the officials, but they always get the bounce of the balll to go there way. They will make a first down by an inch, other team will throw a stupid interception or fumble in the red zone Just when indy needs it. Peyton throws passes that sould be easil intercepted yet the db drops it. Stuff like this has happend in every close colts game this year ex- Miami game jacksonville game, Texans, Pats, Ravens. I actually hope they go 16-0 then loose miserably in the devidional round which would be hilarious.
    Posted by condog24[/QUOTE]

QUITCHERBICHIN!

Get over it! Sad to see you have no life. FUGHEDABOUDIT! Contenders will be separated from pretenders come playoff time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : Sure - Why wouldn't anyone be prepared to take advantage of a bad spot?  I am sure Belichick would, or does he only like to take advantage by doing things against the rules?   Anyway, I hope it happens for the Colts.  I'll let you know when we get one. 

<irony> Oh, gee, you missed the point.</irony>

ud thinks - hmmm, i bet that if i keep pretending the colts didn't get a gift, people will start to believe it to. i guess the best way to do this is to go to all patriots boards and keep writing it. maybe then i will get over this feeling of inferiority. 

The great part about that ud is that even ESPN is beginning to see how the Colts get calls all the time. Chris Berman even made a joke about it this afternoon. I guess you are going to have to spend some time sending him emails on how the Colts really earned their gifts.

Even ESPN is starting to notice this. Awesome.

Sections
Shortcuts