COLTS: luckiest team in history?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history?

WE used to get those, remember? Whatever.  It will catch up with them.  We handed it to them for 3 quarters, then we GAVE it to them.  Check with the Jets. Payback is a mother#$%@

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : <irony /> Oh, gee, you missed the point.</irony /> ud thinks - hmmm, i bet that if i keep pretending the colts didn't get a gift, people will start to believe it to. i guess the best way to do this is to go to all patriots boards and keep writing it. maybe then i will get over this feeling of inferiority.  The great part about that ud is that even ESPN is beginning to see how the Colts get calls all the time. Chris Berman even made a joke about it this afternoon. I guess you are going to have to spend some time sending him emails on how the Colts really earned their gifts. Even ESPN is starting to notice this. Awesome.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    Good ol' Root - Just reacting my friend just reacting. 

And you think I am the one propogandizing.  LOL.  You've got me figured out my good friend.  What shall I do now?

Maybe we can call it spotgate.  HA HA.  I like it.  SPOTGATE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]WE used to get those, remember? Whatever.  It will catch up with them.  We handed it to them for 3 quarters, then we GAVE it to them.  Check with the Jets. Payback is a mother#$%@
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Dave, I think we all have enjoyed our benefits.  But don't tell Enoch Root.  He's found his mission and by God he will pursue its end - whatever that is. 

His mission's codename?  SPOTGATE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : Good ol' Root - Just reacting my friend just reacting.  And you think I am the one propogandizing.  LOL.  You've got me figured out my good friend.  What shall I do now? Maybe we can call it spotgate.  HA HA.  I like it.  SPOTGATE.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

I have tried to move on, but you just keep trying to make pathetic defensive references to the game that just need correction. You are kind of like a child who keeps needing redirection in that way.

I mean seriously, you actually feel the need to go onto a Patriots site to tell people how the Colts won the game legitimately? A week after you got the gift? And you think I am the bad guy for setting you on the path of the truth? 

That tells me that you really are on pretty shaky ground in trying to just convince yourself that it is true. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : Dave, I think we all have enjoyed our benefits.  But don't tell Enoch Root.  He's found his mission and by God he will pursue its end - whatever that is.  His mission's codename?  SPOTGATE!

Oh, OK, I see you are coming around now. Phew. All Colts fans have enjoyed their "benefits". Good for you. I think this what psychologists call a "break through".

Please don't back slide. It would be nice to be ale to stop correcting your obvious misperceptions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

There's a lot of love on this forum...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

The Colts get calls there way because even the Refs are sick of Manning having that look, like he is about to cry, when things don't go his way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Can anybody pull a history of all the colts pats matchups since Brady has been here and compare the pass interference penaties. Then we can see how much the colts really cheat with the refs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I saw Flacco get hit in the head and face by a Colts defender on one play yesterday and the ref was right there.  It was blatant and obvious, and the announcers even commented on it.  Was there a flag? Of course not, and it was at crucial part of the game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Looks like maybe I was removed again.  My posts are gone. 

Can you read this?  If so, in order to post, I am changing my tune. 

The pats are the BEST.  The refs jobbed the Pats.  Polian has the NFL in his pocket.  Pay a ton Manning stinks.  Bill Belicheck misinterpretted the rules.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : I have tried to move on, but you just keep trying to make pathetic defensive references to the game that just need correction.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have moved on.  I noticed.  You're just playing board monitor.  Are you a mod?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like maybe I was removed again.  My posts are gone.  Can you read this?  If so, in order to post, I am changing my tune.  The pats are the BEST.  The refs jobbed the Pats.  Polian has the NFL in his pocket.  Pay a ton Manning stinks.  Bill Belicheck misinterpretted the rules.

Welcome back, Glad to see you've come to your senses

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like maybe I was removed again.  My posts are gone.  Can you read this?  If so, in order to post, I am changing my tune.  The pats are the BEST.  The refs jobbed the Pats.  Polian has the NFL in his pocket.  Pay a ton Manning stinks.  Bill Belicheck misinterpretted the rules.
    I can see your posts, and you're definitely starting to make more sense.  Except you forgot the part about Roger Goodell fixing games to get the Colts to the Super Bowl.  I think Manning gave him a Sony TV and some free Oreo's as a bribe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I don't know how this team does it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Luckiest team in history is Pittsburgh and "The Immaculate Reception".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

We are not good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Funny I just posted on another board a simmilar thought when you compare strength of schedule and position teams were in when they played eachother the Patriots have had a much tougher schedule and I submit the Colts and Pats if their schedules were switched might have switched records as well! (I realise Brady was not "Brady" for first 3 weeks and might have dropped one because of that).
    I think the only thing we can hope for is to be seed #2 and get the Bye and then let the chips fall, I suspect we can beat them if we have to see them in playoffs. Might have been more pessimistic if we had won this past weekend! I know hard to defend but it gives New England ammo for later game and I doubt they will be as injured and undermanned as they were the first time around.
    I also have to say Luck does play a big part of it when you go on to win a championship for any team minus the Bears...Christ that team was just brutally good. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE](The Pats got breaks if you remember in many games during their 16-0 season) True they got a few breaks in that ravens game but the rest of the games were blowouts.
    Posted by condog24[/QUOTE]

Blowouts?

Let's see;

v. jags       14-12
    v. miami     27-23
    v. SF         18-16
    v. houston 20-17
    v. pats      35-34
    v. ravens   17-15

The only blowouts thet colts have had were against the weakest teams in the NFL, i.e. seattle, tenn and St. louis, where they seem to play lot of games.

Do your research before you post, or you just come off sounding like a complete fool.

Sure, the pats got a couple of breaks in 2007 but nothing like what the colts get, year in and year out. But for flacco's last minute gift, they loose last night. But for a bad spot, the loose against the pats. but for an easy last second field goal missed in one game the loose that one, but for a blown PI call, they never get to the SB.. etc., etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]Funny I just posted on another board a simmilar thought when you compare strength of schedule and position teams were in when they played eachother the Patriots have had a much tougher schedule and I submit the Colts and Pats if their schedules were switched might have switched records as well! (I realise Brady was not "Brady" for first 3 weeks and might have dropped one because of that). I think the only thing we can hope for is to be seed #2 and get the Bye and then let the chips fall, I suspect we can beat them if we have to see them in playoffs. Might have been more pessimistic if we had won this past weekend! I know hard to defend but it gives New England ammo for later game and I doubt they will be as injured and undermanned as they were the first time around. I also have to say Luck does play a big part of it when you go on to win a championship for any team minus the Bears...Christ that team was just brutally good. 
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

By the end of this season, the colts and pats will have played 8 common opponents: Mia, NYJ, Buf, Hou, Jax, Ten, Bal, Den - That as similar a schedule as 2 teams can have without playing in the same division. 

Now this contention that: "we got the opponent when they were playing better", is a bit of a crock, but ok.  The colts got the pats when the pats were playing their best football of the year, and the colts beat them.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS: luckiest team in history? : I believe the poster was referring to the Patriots 2007 season when referring to blowout victories.  But, listing all the Colts close wins, or in the spirit of the thread - LUCKY wins, it really illustrates what I would call the Colt Aura.  It's very frustrating.  In all those games listed, when it looks like a team might beat the Colts, it's natural reaction (atleast for me) to say to yourself: "Well it looks like the Colts will lose, but I know better, in what ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS way will they win this game?"  Then you just wait a moment, and it happens.  For instance, in the Houston game, there was no question in my mind that Houston would miss that field goal to tie the game.  In my heart, yes, I was hoping it went through, but in my brain, I simply yawned knowing there was no chance of the game tying field goal happening.  For the Colts, luck comes in abnormal, maddening amounts.  I don't think anyone here is saying the Colts are a bad team.  On the contrary, they're excellent, but man, talk about lucky... Don't think I'm saying the Patriots haven't had their share of lucky plays or calls, but as of late, the Colts seem to have it all and always.
    Posted by CWNapoleon[/QUOTE]

The Colt Aura? Why is black and white striped?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from condog24. Show condog24's posts

forgot thet teans lost to colts because of a blown fg just like baltimore, with that rediculous pats game stuck in between. Keep thinking thier luck will run out but it never does, maybe it will in playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You really can't argue with a win, and they have had ten of them.  However thier 10-0 record does suggest they have been more dominant.  There have been a lot of very close games and they got a few lucky breaks.  It's hard for me to imagine them going 16-0 with so many close ones but they don't really play a playoff caliber team (maybe Denver) the rest of the year and thier only cold weather game will be in JAN at Buffalo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

Are you man enough to look at the replay & admit the officials made a mistake, or are you going to tell us that the officials were correct even with the replay as evidence? It wont change what happened, but a man admits when things aren't quite right. Oh, BTW, the scedule has the Colts traveling to Foxboro the next 3 seasons. Things will change. Enjoy it while you can, girly-boy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I hate to use the term Luck when referring to the Colts because that would infer that they didn't have the refs throwing a couple of cheap flags for them every game. If Polian were "lucky" he would have hit the powereball jackpot by now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]We are not good.

Yes.. We've finally turned you into a Stepford Fan!

Sections
Shortcuts