Colts Manning MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chefjeff72. Show chefjeff72's posts

Colts Manning MVP?

Isn't it funny in a year when he has so many injured players that everyone loves him to be voted MVP. WOW look at what he has done with nothing this year. But, yet Brady wins 3 Superbowls with a bunch of nobodies on offense and doesn't even sniff the award.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Re: Colts Manning MVP?

Who's voting him mvp right now?  I see the MVP commentaries currently focusing on:  Brady, Rivers, Vick (after 2 games). 

Manning currently is considered third by many. 

Brady didn't win MVP because it was his defense that was the MVP of the pats for those years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Manning MVP?:
    Who's voting him mvp right now?  I see the MVP commentaries currently focusing on:  Brady, Rivers, Vick (after 2 games).  Manning currently is considered third by many.  Brady didn't win MVP because it was his defense that was the MVP of the pats for those years.
    Posted by Indylove

Peyton has been getting this award for no reason other than the fact that he's Peyton Manning the past two years. In '08, Rivers was more deserving. Last year, Drew Brees was the MVP. Tom is more deserving this year, but I won't be surprised if Peyton gets it again. The way the media, and yourself, has been hyping up the Colts injury situation I won't be surprised if they gift it to him again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's mildly annoying watching Manning being simply penciled in for this award year after year, no matter what, but I think there may be some merit to the idea that he is the one player who is most indispensible to his team.  I think a valid argument can be made that -- should Manning suddenly dry up and blow away -- the Colts would plummet faster and farther than any other team that suffered a comparable loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

No way they can give it 3 in a row to him, I don't think it's possible unless he absolutely goes on fire now. It's Brady's to lose as of sunday but Vick looks awesome at the end of the day though I don't think they can give the MVP to someone who played so few games in a season. If Brady brings it like he did sunday all season now and to be honest I think he knows it's on him now to bring it the intensity i mean the leadership as well. I've seen him say in interviews he can't get guys up for games he leaves that to Brushi and Vrabel and Seau and that he's got to much else to worry about. Now it seems to me though that he gets his new role without them and it's guna take that extra effort from him every week to bring the Lombadi back to Foxborough

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That's because personal awards in the NFL are like personal awards in other sports. They are essentially popularity contests.

Certain players in every sport only need to not be terrible to be in the running. Bret Favre, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Alex Rodriguez, among others. 

I don't think it is a coincidence that the whole "multiple MVP records" has risen proportionately with media saturation. We can look at "multi-MVP" and MVP records as epiphenomena of media saturation.

The poster above is correct. Rivers was hosed two seasons ago, and last year there were two players on the Saints (Sharper and Brees) that were more valuable than Manning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i really hope the folks on the team care less about this than the folks here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Seattlepat70-- HAHAHA!!!!   I totally agree.

This region has gotten so wrapped up in its own national image.  Desperately wanting its validation.  And when it does not get the outcome it hopes for, create a  bunch of discussion points telling you how much they hate the national media.

Go figure;you hate the girl that said no to you, but you secretly wish she would rethink her decision because you would take her back in a second.

Wasn't that the premise on "Cops"??? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Isn't it funny in a year when he has so many injured players that everyone loves him to be voted MVP. WOW look at what he has done with nothing this year. But, yet Brady wins 3 Superbowls with a bunch of nobodies on offense and doesn't even sniff the award."

One Saturday I took a trip to the Midwest
    I met a guy there
    And he almost knocked me dead
    Cro-magnon skull, please look at me?
    Cro-magnon skull, you're my MVP
    Let's travel round the world
    Just you and me cro-magnon skull

I tapped him on the shoulder
    And said do you have a beau?
    He looked at me & smiled
    And said he did not know
    Cro-magnon skull, give me a chance
    Cro-magnon skull, dim as a frying pan
    We'll dress like Minnie Pearl
    Just you and me cro-magnon skull

We went to the boston chowda company
    And ordered some hot tea
    The waitress said "Well no
    We only have it iced"
    So we jumped up on the table
    And shouted "anarchy"
    And someone played a Beach Boys song
    On the jukebox
    It was "California Dreamin'"
    So we started screamin'
    "On such a winter's day"

He took me to his parents
    For a Sunday meal
    His father took one look at me
    And began to squeal
    Cro-magnon skull, it makes no sense
    Cro-magnon skull, your dad is Ref President
    A rule switch when you unfurl
    Yeah you're for me cro magnon skull

We went to a shopping mall
    And laughed at all the shoppers
    And security guards trailed us
    To a sports shop
    We asked for Dominek Hixon
    They said "He don't work here"
    We said "If you don't got Domi-Hixon
    Then your store could use some fixin'"

We got into a car
    Away we started rollin'
    He said "How much you pay for this?"
    I said "Nothing man, it's stolen"
    Cro-magnon skull, you look so wild
    Cro-magnon skull, let's have a child
    We'll name her Minnie Pearl
    Just you and me-
    And pray your genes don't transfer
    Just you and me-
    We'll travel round the world
    Just you and me- Cro-magnon skull!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Who cares!??! Don't be ridiculous! Winning the SB is all that matters! That's what people should focusing on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ya...

he's the most valuable p*ssy...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

" Isn't it funny in a year when he has so many injured players that everyone loves him to be voted MVP. WOW look at what he has done with nothing this year. But, yet Brady wins 3 Superbowls with a bunch of nobodies on offense and doesn't even sniff the award ." One Saturday I took a trip to the Midwest I met a guy there And he almost knocked me dead Cro-magnon skull, please look at me? Cro-magnon skull, you're my MVP Let's travel round the world Just you and me cro-magnon skull I tapped him on the shoulder And said do you have a beau? He looked at me & smiled And said he did not know Cro-magnon skull, give me a chance Cro-magnon skull, dim as a frying pan We'll dress like Minnie Pearl Just you and me cro-magnon skull We went to the boston chowda company And ordered some hot tea The waitress said "Well no We only have it iced" So we jumped up on the table And shouted "anarchy" And someone played a Beach Boys song On the jukebox It was "California Dreamin'" So we started screamin' "On such a winter's day" He took me to his parents For a Sunday meal His father took one look at me And began to squeal Cro-magnon skull, it makes no sense Cro-magnon skull, your dad is Ref President A rule switch when you unfurl Yeah you're for me cro magnon skull We went to a shopping mall And laughed at all the shoppers And security guards trailed us To a sports shop We asked for Dominek Hixon They said "He don't work here" We said "If you don't got Domi-Hixon Then your store could use some fixin'" We got into a car Away we started rollin' He said "How much you pay for this?" I said "Nothing man, it's stolen" Cro-magnon skull, you look so wild Cro-magnon skull, let's have a child We'll name her Minnie Pearl Just you and me- And pray your genes don't transfer Just you and me- We'll travel round the world Just you and me- Cro-magnon skull!
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

did you just make that up??   brilliant!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

MVP = Most Valuable Player. Not "Best Player".

The Colts are a 6-10 or 5-11 team without Manning. I bet that the Pats, with Hoyer, could actually scrap out a 8-8 or even a 9-7 season.  The Chargers, without Rivers, would be a 5-11 team... or worse. Thats why there is debate.

We saw the Pats go 11-5 with Matt Cassell, in a good division.

Last year, no doubt, Brees what the MVP. He was the heart and soul of the Saints. Not to mention, he had a great year with respect to performance.

In my opinion, Brady is more important to the Pats this year than 2 years ago (his lost season). Now that he has his hunger back (as we all saw in Pittsburgh), if he keeps this up, he should win MVP - no questions asked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Manning MVP? : did you just make that up??   brilliant!
    Posted by jcour382

I sure in da heck DID!

The "Cro-Magnon Skull" bit, that is...
    But lemme tell'ya, It was NOT easy.  Initially, ya go into the song "Punk Rock Girl", sayin' to yourself, "There's gotta be like a MILLION rhymes to the term, 'Punk-Rock-Girl'."  Surprisingly though, no...there isn't.  After 45 minutes, all I was workin' of off was, "Pot-Luck-Swirl."  20 minutes later comes the realization that not only did I not WhatTH a "pot-luck-swirl" was or even could be, But that even if I somehow figured it out, I'd still have to somehow relate it to Peyton Manning...  Then I says- I says, "Laz- Less Rhyme, More Meaning."  In fact, that's gonna be my new motto on how I go about facing EVERY challenge the world throws my way: "Less Rhyming, Yet MORE Meaning!"  IF this gets me all the way to "cro-magnon skull," it'll get me anywhere...  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If you lived in the mid-west, you most certainly would know what pot luck swirl is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Colts Manning MVP?:
    Isn't it funny in a year when he has so many injured players that everyone loves him to be voted MVP. WOW look at what he has done with nothing this year. But, yet Brady wins 3 Superbowls with a bunch of nobodies on offense and doesn't even sniff the award.
    Posted by chefjeff72

It's pathetic.   The hypocrisy is non-stop with the Gomer jock sniffers.  It really is.

He's having another very good year, but it's not better than Brady's so far and Brady had some guy named Moss traded, had a major contract distraction, a car accident to deal with, drama up the ying yang about his hair cut, who he's married too, etc.

When you think about it, Manning is far greater protected in terms of what he has.

The canvases are completely different.

And now we see the media propping Vick up. 

Brady should have won it in 2005, in my opinion.  He had no running game with Faulk as the only healthy RB.  He was incredible that year.

And in 2006, too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

MVP = Most Valuable Player. Not "Best Player". The Colts are a 6-10 or 5-11 team without Manning. I bet that the Pats, with Hoyer, could actually scrap out a 8-8 or even a 9-7 season.  The Chargers, without Rivers, would be a 5-11 team... or worse. Thats why there is debate. We saw the Pats go 11-5 with Matt Cassell, in a good division. Last year, no doubt, Brees what the MVP. He was the heart and soul of the Saints. Not to mention, he had a great year with respect to performance. In my opinion, Brady is more important to the Pats this year than 2 years ago (his lost season). Now that he has his hunger back (as we all saw in Pittsburgh), if he keeps this up, he should win MVP - no questions asked.
    Posted by mkulacz

Pats went 16-0 in 2007,, so this "11-5 with Cassel" junk is irrelevant other than Cassel doing a nice job to step up.

What I am saying is, NE may have taken another run at 16-0 or 19-0 in 2008 barring his injury.

So, 11-5 is good, but not what Brady would have done that year.

Please wake up and stop with the excuses to try to find ways to make it seem like Brady isn't incredible here, or somehow distinctively less than Manning.

Because that is exactly why you and others reference the 2008 season and 11-5.

You got a vacation with Brady going down on a cheap shot.   I hope you enjoyed it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's mildly annoying watching Manning being simply penciled in for this award year after year, no matter what, but I think there may be some merit to the idea that he is the one player who is most indispensible to his team.  I think a valid argument can be made that -- should Manning suddenly dry up and blow away -- the Colts would plummet faster and farther than any other team that suffered a comparable loss.
    Posted by p-mike

Mildly annoying?   I think it's incredibly annoying because Colts fans pretend it's a feather in Manning's cap over Brady on top of the idea the media is somehow brainwashed into thinking it's his, as you mention.

He's like the defacto MVP unless someone throws for 50 TDs. lol

It's like how the media hands Jeter golf gloves now.  Umm, does anyone see how bad his range is now, and how many errors he makes on easy plays????

The media just says "he's Jeter, let's give it to him". It's a joke and makes a mockery out of what the awards are for.

Manning should have two less MVPs.  2003 and 2009. Brees was flat out robbed last year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Colts Manning MVP?:
    Posted by chefjeff72

Just remember the Pat's D back then. It wasn't all TB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Colts Manning MVP? : It's pathetic.   The hypocrisy is non-stop with the Gomer jock sniffers.  It really is. He's having another very good year, but it's not better than Brady's so far and Brady had some guy named Moss traded, had a major contract distraction, a car accident to deal with, drama up the ying yang about his hair cut, who he's married too, etc. When you think about it, Manning is far greater protected in terms of what he has. The canvases are completely different. And now we see the media propping Vick up.  Brady should have won it in 2005, in my opinion.  He had no running game with Faulk as the only healthy RB.  He was incredible that year. And in 2006, too.
    Posted by BBReigns

TB should have won it every year he's completed a season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Manning MVP? : Mildly annoying?   I think it's incredibly annoying because Colts fans pretend it's a feather in Manning's cap over Brady on top of the idea the media is somehow brainwashed into thinking it's his, as you mention. He's like the defacto MVP unless someone throws for 50 TDs. lol It's like how the media hands Jeter golf gloves now.  Umm, does anyone see how bad his range is now, and how many errors he makes on easy plays???? The media just says "he's Jeter, let's give it to him". It's a joke and makes a mockery out of what the awards are for. Manning should have two less MVPs.  2003 and 2009. Brees was flat out robbed last year.
    Posted by BBReigns

Jeter has had one of his best years defensively and that's pretty good considering he was playing with a golf glove.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Manning MVP? : Mildly annoying?   I think it's incredibly annoying because Colts fans pretend it's a feather in Manning's cap over Brady on top of the idea the media is somehow brainwashed into thinking it's his, as you mention. He's like the defacto MVP unless someone throws for 50 TDs. lol It's like how the media hands Jeter golf gloves now.  Umm, does anyone see how bad his range is now, and how many errors he makes on easy plays???? The media just says "he's Jeter, let's give it to him". It's a joke and makes a mockery out of what the awards are for. Manning should have two less MVPs.  2003 and 2009. Brees was flat out robbed last year.
    Posted by BBReigns

Awards are like stats. "They're for losers".

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"If you lived in the mid-west, you most certainly would know what pot luck swirl is."

Sadly Prairie, I worked my way up to Potluck Swirl in the vain attempt I could mix it with sausage curl.  Thought I could pull of matching Douglas Fir with Manning, but I was overwhelmed:  Balsalm Fir?  Silver Fir?  California lowland White Fir?  The ensuing migraine simply sidetracked me even further...

I hope when being judged at The Gates I'm asked, "How did you spend your so finite & valuable mortal time?"  I'll answer the truth: "Less rhymin', more meanin', Gabe... Rhymin less, an' findin' more & more meaning." 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

If a certain dog killer in Philly keeps playing the way he's playing he'll be voted MVP

Sections
Shortcuts