Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Colts star quarterback Peyton Manning had neck surgery Monday in Chicago to repair a disk problem.

It's the second neck surgery since February 2010 for Manning. The previous was to repair a pinched nerve, and this operation was less invasive and less complicated, team owner Jim Irsay said Tuesday at the NFL meetings.

"He had a bulging disk," Irsay said of the NFL's only four-time league MVP. "The doctors removed a part of it.

"It's usually a six-to-eight week recovery period. I think this is one you can bounce back from quickly."

The surgery was performed at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Manning was back at home Tuesday.

Even though the NFL has locked out its players, communication between teams and players in these cases is allowed. So Manning was able to contact the team and its doctors before heading to Chicago for the operation.

"Now is the time to do it, the end of May," Irsay reasoned. "He's had things tougher than this before."

Irsay, of course, has a special interest in Manning, who has started 227 consecutive games including the playoffs, second only to Brett Favre's 321. His contract is up, but there is little chance Irsay will allow the 35-year-old Manning to become a free agent once a labor agreement is reached.

"He has a great chance to play five years," Irsay said. "He's such a tough guy, takes care of himself and really, really works hard. This won't affect his long-term career.

"I feel good about it. This doesn't affect the way I view (a new contract)."

Irsay suggested that Manning's backup quarterbacks will throw more in training camp and see plenty of action in the preseason - if the lockout ends in time to play those games.

"It's like a baseball pitcher," Irsay said. "You want to limit the throws he takes. But I think he will be good to go for the preseason games."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/05/24/peyton-manning-surgery.ap/index.html#ixzz1NLq1FGzG

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

In Response to Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Colts star quarterback Peyton Manning had neck surgery Monday in Chicago to repair a disk problem. It's the second neck surgery since February 2010 for Manning. The previous was to repair a pinched nerve, and this operation was less invasive and less complicated, team owner Jim Irsay said Tuesday at the NFL meetings. "He had a bulging disk," Irsay said of the NFL's only four-time league MVP. "The doctors removed a part of it. "It's usually a six-to-eight week recovery period. I think this is one you can bounce back from quickly." The surgery was performed at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Manning was back at home Tuesday. Even though the NFL has locked out its players, communication between teams and players in these cases is allowed. So Manning was able to contact the team and its doctors before heading to Chicago for the operation. "Now is the time to do it, the end of May," Irsay reasoned. "He's had things tougher than this before." Irsay, of course, has a special interest in Manning, who has started 227 consecutive games including the playoffs, second only to Brett Favre 's 321. His contract is up, but there is little chance Irsay will allow the 35-year-old Manning to become a free agent once a labor agreement is reached. "He has a great chance to play five years," Irsay said. "He's such a tough guy, takes care of himself and really, really works hard. This won't affect his long-term career. "I feel good about it. This doesn't affect the way I view (a new contract)." Irsay suggested that Manning's backup quarterbacks will throw more in training camp and see plenty of action in the preseason - if the lockout ends in time to play those games. "It's like a baseball pitcher," Irsay said. "You want to limit the throws he takes. But I think he will be good to go for the preseason games." Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/05/24/peyton-manning-surgery.ap/index.html#ixzz1NLq1FGzG
    Posted by Quagmire3
    quaggy, what are doing up at 4 in the morning? lol, shouldnt you be pleasing the women of your harem? anyways, i was just about to start a thread on this but i'm glad you beat me to it. i dont bother initiaiting things others have already started the ball on. good job!

could this perhaps be y the colts and manning have not reached a deal on an extension? i would rather just keep him franchised him than take the risk of a long term deal right now for a guy who could be damaged goods or one tyrell suggs neck twist away from calling it a career. talking range of motion. there are no minor neck surgeries! underdogg must be having a longgggg week!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

For Colts fans, all good things must come to an end. Manning won't be around forever........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    In Response to Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : quaggy, what are doing up at 4 in the morning? lol, shouldnt you be pleasing the women of your harem? anyways, i was just about to start a thread on this but i'm glad you beat me to it. i dont bother initiaiting things others have already started the ball on. good job! could this perhaps be y the colts and manning have not reached a deal on an extension? i would rather just keep him franchised him than take the risk of a long term deal right now for a guy who could be damaged goods or one tyrell suggs neck twist away from calling it a career. talking range of motion. there are no minor neck surgeries! underdogg must be having a longgggg week!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Thanks for the words CC, but i am currently in Afghanistan and it is 1230 pm over here. Y'all keep on keeping me entertained!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Peyton's 35 years old, he's in the twilight of his career. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

hope he recovers I want the play the pats to play the best and have manning healthy when we play then then when the pats when no excuses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    For Colts fans, all good things must come to an end. Manning won't be around forever........
    Posted by LittleTimmy31

Likewise, I'm sure.  (Referring to Brady, of course.)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Colts star quarterback Peyton Manning had neck surgery Monday in Chicago to repair a disk problem. It's the second neck surgery since February 2010 for Manning. The previous was to repair a pinched nerve, and this operation was less invasive and less complicated, team owner Jim Irsay said Tuesday at the NFL meetings. "He had a bulging disk," Irsay said of the NFL's only four-time league MVP. "The doctors removed a part of it. "It's usually a six-to-eight week recovery period. I think this is one you can bounce back from quickly." The surgery was performed at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Manning was back at home Tuesday. Even though the NFL has locked out its players, communication between teams and players in these cases is allowed. So Manning was able to contact the team and its doctors before heading to Chicago for the operation. "Now is the time to do it, the end of May," Irsay reasoned. "He's had things tougher than this before." Irsay, of course, has a special interest in Manning, who has started 227 consecutive games including the playoffs, second only to Brett Favre 's 321. His contract is up, but there is little chance Irsay will allow the 35-year-old Manning to become a free agent once a labor agreement is reached. "He has a great chance to play five years," Irsay said. "He's such a tough guy, takes care of himself and really, really works hard. This won't affect his long-term career. "I feel good about it. This doesn't affect the way I view (a new contract)." Irsay suggested that Manning's backup quarterbacks will throw more in training camp and see plenty of action in the preseason - if the lockout ends in time to play those games. "It's like a baseball pitcher," Irsay said. "You want to limit the throws he takes. But I think he will be good to go for the preseason games." Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/05/24/peyton-manning-surgery.ap/index.html#ixzz1NLq1FGzG
    Posted by Quagmire3

Is he having a second neck installed to hold up that giant forehead?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

All those chokes over the years have finally taken their toll on Peyton...who  has now had to undergo his second neck surgery: http://www.indystar.com/article/20110525/SPORTS03/105250324/Manning-says-neck-surgery-disk-pain-went-well-

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

hope he recovers I want the play the pats to play the best and have manning healthy when we play then then when the pats when no excuses.
    Posted by lippa

Lippa - lets hope he's fine.  That's the spin today.  Last year there was serious talk about him having a problem in his neck causing significant pain in his throwing arm.  Here's what was written: 

If you're still intrigued, the neck injury is shooting pain down Peyton's throwing arm. I have not, as yet, determined if this injury was exacerbated by the numerous hits Peyton took against the Texans last week.

I received this information earlier in the week, and decided to sit on it until today. I wanted to see if the Colts would mention the injury (or anything related to it) on the weekly injury reports. As you can see, there is no mention of Peyton with any kind of injury.

We will stay on this rumor and push to get more information. Obviously, I cannot tell you who this source is. My apologies. But, I don't see any reason for this source to lie to me about this kind of thing. If the rumor turns out to be bogus, I will write an apology to readers and take my lumps for being a 'rumor monger.' However, when I saw Peyton lying face down in the turf last week against the Texans last week, I did not see a healthy QB. Peyton looks hurt, and right now I'm telling you he is hurt.

That said, watch him go out there against the Giants and throw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns. No one will ever question Big P's toughness around here. The guy once played with a broken jaw. Peyton eats lighting and craps thunder.

www.stampedeblue.com/2010/9/17/1694490/rumor-peyton-manning-is-hurt">That's what we wrote back on Sept. 17th, 2010.

Here's more. 
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/5/25/2188594/peyton-mannings-neck-injury-likely-did-happen-during-2010-season

I think he'll be ok, because this was supposedly a problem before the season started.  Manning came out gangbusters to start the year.  Some wonder if his less stellar play in the middle of the year was caused by this.  Maybe.  Lets also not forget all of the injuries and new players/unknown tendencies that Manning had to deal with. 

It will be interesting to see how this goes.  One of the first things I wondered was how this injury affected/affects his decisions and/or the team's decision regarding his future contract.  My sense is that it didn't on either side.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Yes.  That is the reason for the sugery. They are actually running a study to see if this kind of an issue can be prevented in the future.  When someone's forehead is that big, where the great people at Ridell have been up nights trying to form a custom fitted helmet for Gomer, you know there is a problem. The medical term for this kind of an affliction is now being called Hayseed Domeamia.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Sounds serious.  Speaking of medical issues.  Have they found a cure for Brady's receding manhood?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I hope he is ok I want to play the best not some under rated team if pats win thats good for us and if idny wins its good for you play the best to be the best!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Huh?  I am no doctor but if I were, the first thing I'd do is look at Gisele as the cause not the solution. 

Its clear that since hooking up with her, his manhood has shrunk, not grown. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Posted by lippa

Dude I'm noticing that your posts are becoming increasingly difficult to understand...you been hittin the booze early or somethin!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I work nights so half sleeping sometimes

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You asked where his manhood has receded to. I said, "Giselle's vag". We know you like men, and you don't like the vag, but don't expect people here to agree with you on that.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Well then that is just poor english.  being the board's self assumed English/grammar Police, I'd expect you'd know that, except that that would then beg the question, "why'd he write it?"  The only logical answer is that you really didn't know.  

Yogi - Weak on effort.  Strong on stupidity.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Most do.  Given that you have both language and comprehension problems, its not surprising that you don't. 

Carry on.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts