Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    robbie give it up... told you 2 years ago manning was on the downslope... nothing that has happened since has changed that....and now the entire team is following suit... you will gain a greater appreciation for how difficult it is to totally rebuild your team and still compete for the TOP prize... though brady will probabaly go down as the best with another sb or two or three ...gomer will always bein the marino/dilfer category and you will be always be an apologist(not the word I had in mind) for him with a secret closet love for brady and all things patriots....   those are facts you have no arguement for...
    Posted by jcour382

2 years ago...hmm. 

That would put your comment before the 2009 season in which Manning won the MVP with a 4th rd rookie, a 2nd yr 6th rdr who'd previously only caught 4 NFL passes and took that team to the Super Bowl. 

Regardless of whether or not Manning is NOW on the downside of his career, and who wouldn't be at 35 or whatever his age is, it doesn't change the fact that you are a complete failure as a clairvoyant.  Not only that, you've just proven that you are too dumb to keep your mouth shut about your factually incorrect and disproven theories. 

But then again, you do sport that tough guy avatar, and when your brains fail you, as they frequently do and you've demonstrated here, you've got internet avatar brawn to intimidate.  shiver. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

Huh - You sound pretty darn sure of yourself.  I am sure you can explain the MVP and 1st All Pro selection for Manning as opposed to Brees. 

Could it have something to do with the fact that Manning didn't lose a game where he played the whole game until the SB? 

Could it be that NO still was able to win a game vs. Miami where Brees threw only 1 TD and 3 INT's?  . 

Could it be that Brees had a stronger offensive supporting cast than Manning?  

Oh heck, none of these things must be valid, because then that would make your comment...debateable.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - This has nothing to do with the pats so I'll leave that unrelated part of your comment alone.  I accept that Brees had a better QB rating, more TD's, and fewer INTs, but the colts didn't lose until manning sat down then not until the SB. 

Brees lost twice. 

Further Brees' team won at least one game during the season in spite of Brees' poor play - 1 TD, 3 INTs. 

Brees had better running backs and had a better and more fully established set of pass catchers than Manning as Manning had essentially 2 rookies of out of 4. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    TP - You skilled at the "bob and weave".  Too bad you have no punch.

RESPONSE: For someone who has "no punch", I've knocked you silly on this forum repeatedly. Perhaps this forum should institute a concussion rule, to prevent those such as yourself from posting, until first being  medically cleared. You are the "Glass Joe" of this forum.   

It doesn't bother me that you refuse to answer my questions,

RESPONSE: Again, "we" are all on to your juvenile act, here. You're worse than a politician when it comes to answering direct questions. 

but there are 2 sides to every discussion, and no matter how frequently and LOUDLY you bluster to the board about me when your future questions aren't answered (quid pro quo), you'll always know the reason why.

RESPONSE: "We" here have given up expecting straight answers from you. "We" understand that you dare not answer our questions, since doing so would create a solar eclipse in your own little world, in which Peyton is your sun. 
    Posted by UD6

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Question left unanswered again - but the tough bluster run amok is as present as the sun on a cloudless day. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Question left unanswered again - but the tough bluster run amok is as present as the sun on a cloudless day. 
    Posted by UD6

He doesn't have to.  He already presented actual numbers to support his arguments and you were merely responding to it with your own, which for some reason, seemed a little less-objective.  But hey, I'm sure we can all pull out various reasons to support our arguments.  You see RB performance benefitting a QB’s stats, others might see it as a stats-reducer. You can make a strong case for both.

One thing I do notice looking at the stats for '09 (I'm assuming that the year in question) is that Manning got sacked half the number of times Brees did.  Striking stats given Brees' nimbleness but a sure indication of the solid OL protecting Manning.  One would wonder what Brees (or any QB for that matter) would accomplish stats-wise given that sort of protection. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by UD6

Is that the best you can do?? Yawn!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : He doesn't have to.  He already presented actual numbers to support his arguments and you were merely responding to it with your own, which for some reason, seemed a little less-objective.   But hey, I'm sure we can all pull out various reasons to support our arguments.  You see RB performance benefitting a QB’s stats, others might see it as a stats-reducer. You can make a strong case for both.   One thing I do notice looking at the stats for '09 (I'm assuming that the year in question) is that Manning got sacked half the number of times Brees did.  Striking stats given Brees' nimbleness but a sure indication of the solid OL protecting Manning.   One would wonder what Brees (or any QB for that matter) would accomplish stats-wise given that sort of protection. 
    Posted by dastardly

Colt's fans will tell you it's Manning's quick release that reduces his sacks. They will tell you the O-line has little to do with sacks. I had a whole board of them telling me that. Really. Drinking kool-aide is not good. It makes the otherwise sighted, blind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : "Chokes in '06 and '07"? Explain these "chokes".
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Blowing the greatest halftime lead in NFL playoff history in '06.

Blowing the perfect season with the game on the line in the last minute in '07.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : He doesn't have to.  He already presented actual numbers to support his arguments and you were merely responding to it with your own, which for some reason, seemed a little less-objective.   But hey, I'm sure we can all pull out various reasons to support our arguments.  You see RB performance benefitting a QB’s stats, others might see it as a stats-reducer. You can make a strong case for both.   One thing I do notice looking at the stats for '09 (I'm assuming that the year in question) is that Manning got sacked half the number of times Brees did.  Striking stats given Brees' nimbleness but a sure indication of the solid OL protecting Manning.   One would wonder what Brees (or any QB for that matter) would accomplish stats-wise given that sort of protection. 
    Posted by dastardly

Dast - are you aware of the question I've asked?  It doesn't appear you are, because my question didn't have anything to numbers. 

As for sacks - Manning avoids them like the plague.  Read just about any knowledgeable writer on the subject and they'll tell you how Manning has made his line look significantly better than they are for quite some time by not taking sacks.  On the other hand, I assume that this sometimes contributes to an INT or two. 

I recommend reading the whole thread first. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :      Is that the best you can do?? Yawn!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

Its not necessary to do more or better.  Still deflecting. 

Patty - what matters draft position or play on the field?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Colt's fans will tell you it's Manning's quick release that reduces his sacks. They will tell you the O-line has little to do with sacks. I had a whole board of them telling me that. Really. Drinking kool-aide is not good. It makes the otherwise sighted, blind.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Babe, with a little effort I can find stats guys who will support this opinion and writers who do as well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Babe, with a little effort I can find stats guys who will support this opinion and writers who do as well. 
    Posted by UD6

And what stats will you exactly be presenting here, enlightened one.  The one about the number of milliseconds he held on to the ball before it was released? Or is it the number of milliseconds it took his brain to decide on who to pass the ball to?  That's a good one too.  I personally prefer the distance he backpedalled before he makes the throw.  These are all legitimate quantifiable stats.  

To people such as myself, who actually watch the games, only had to witness week-in and week-out Manning having all day to throw without having so much of a finger touching his jersey. 

So you like listening to "experts" to justify your arguments eh? More power to you. Personally I just don't like using those geniuses at Bleacher Reports to support mine.  I prefer making MY own arguments rather than copying/pasting some schmuk's opinion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Babe, with a little effort I can find stats guys who will support this opinion and writers who do as well. 
    Posted by UD6

First, define "quick release".

The 3 crucial factors regarding sacks are (not in order):

1. Protection quality.

2. QB quality.

3. Receiver quality.

Tell me if you feel this is not correct.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brees had the better year over Manning in 2009. Not debatable.

Funny how Brady has to actually lead the league to get an MVP, but Manning doesn't even need to be close to that it seems.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : First, define "quick release". The 3 crucial factors regarding sacks are (not in order): 1. Protection quality. 2. QB quality. 3. Receiver quality. Tell me if you feel this is not correct.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Don't forget to add playing half of his games in a climate controlled dome...and playing his divisional road games in a dome in Houston, and in usually fair weather sites, in Tennessee and at Jacksonville. Also, don't forget the imposition of the "Polian passing rules", which Bill Polian rammed through the NFL Rules Committee to assist the endeavors of the Colts' choke-prone QB.

Babe, don't waste your time with this cackling clown. If you line up 20 bishops to testify that the sky is blue, he'll argue the Catholic church sex scandal, and tell you that the sky is white or gray whenever it's cloudy. He will lie, misrepresent, and avoid answering direct questions to defend his warped views. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This one's just for you, Dog(gggg): http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/07/why-does-peyton-manning-struggle-in-the-postseason/

By the way, be sure to browse through the comments to the article...LOL!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :   15 points at halftime was the greatest lead in pllayoff history? What was the Oilers/Bills game in 1992?  Just curious.  You must be new to watching the NFL. That's one example and I am sure I could find many others. I also don't count ref bagjobs for the opposing teams as a fault of my defense. Sorry. I am not going over this again, but there is at least a 14-17 point swing based on flat out bogus calls or non calls by the refs in the second half, basically controlling how Undy got back into it. Not debatable.  As for SB 42, the reality is, it was the flukiest SB win of all time.  We'll never, EVER see a series of plays like that ever in our lives again, especially a catch off a helmet with one hand. You act like they got shredded or something. They didn't in either case.

Okay, I'll modify it to "one of the", my bad. Or substituting "AFC Championship" for "playoffs" might suffice.

In any case allowing a rate of 64 ppg in the second half is a colossal choke a couple of bad calls or not.

And the Tyree catch was a huge fluke, yet a team that had won 17 straight that allows a team to stay with them is a choke by any definition of the term. After the Tyree catch it was still entirely possible to stop them.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :      Don't forget to add playing half of his games in a climate controlled dome...and playing his divisional road games in a dome in Houston, and in usually fair weather sites, in Tennessee and at Jacksonville. Also, don't forget the imposition of the "Polian passing rules", which Bill Polian rammed through the NFL Rules Committee to assist the endeavors of the Colts' choke-prone QB.      Babe, don't waste your time with this cackling clown. If you line up 20 bishops to testify that the sky is blue, he'll argue the Catholic church sex scandal, and tell you that the sky is white or gray whenever it's cloudy. He will lie, misrepresent, and avoid answering direct questions to defend his warped views. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

I enjoy a good debate TP. I had already pointed out to him btw that Brady has a bigger PR lead both outdoors and indoors than the total PR record, and even outdoors Manning plays better weather location teams in his division.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : And what stats will you exactly be presenting here, enlightened one.  The one about the number of milliseconds he held on to the ball before it was released? Or is it the number of milliseconds it took his brain to decide on who to pass the ball to?  That's a good one too.  I personally prefer the distance he backpedalled before he makes the throw.  These are all legitimate quantifiable stats.   To people such as myself, who actually watch the games, only had to witness week-in and week-out Manning having all day to throw without having so much of a finger touching his jersey.  So you like listening to "experts" to justify your arguments eh? More power to you. Personally I just don't like using those geniuses  at Bleacher Reports to support mine.   I prefer making MY own arguments rather than copying/pasting some schmuk's opinion.
    Posted by dastardly

Uh oh - I must be in for it now. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5988263 - scouts inc.  Of the 12 playoff teams last year, Matt Williamson ranked the colts 10.  The pats 1st (not that that matters to the discussion). 

http://community.advancednflstats.com/2010/12/playoff-qbs-who-carry-their-teams-and.html - stat driven analysis. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-olinerankings061810 - Jason Cole - yahoo sports.

Hope this helps.  Oh and the guys who get paid to follow this stuff, I figure their opinions are much more objective and informed than yours.  Bleacher report is blog site for fans who want to write. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : First, define "quick release". The 3 crucial factors regarding sacks are (not in order): 1. Protection quality. 2. QB quality. 3. Receiver quality. Tell me if you feel this is not correct.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Sounds good to me.

Sections
Shortcuts