Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    Dast and Babe - I'll get to you when I have more time... But if I am to take Gary seriously, then there's no comparison.  Brady would have known his opponents defensive signals through 06, and that de-legitimizes (a word?) all of Brady's victories including the playoffs.   If I am to take Gary seriously, then we don't really have anything to discuss.  Do you guys think I should take Gary seriously?
    Posted by UD6

What does knowing defensive signals have to do with playing in a dome vs. outside?  BTH, the outside QB gets the nod because he plays in a variable environment while the indoor QB makes no compensation for conditions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :      Don't waste your time with this boorish blowhard. He refuses to admit or even take into account that Manning played the great majority of his games in a dome, or good weather. He refuses to admit or take into account that Manning had more, and better weapons at his disposal throughout his career, than did Brady. He refuses to fault Bill Polian for using his top draft choices on receivers, RBs, and on the OL...all to assist Gomer...at the expense of the Indy defense.       I repeat, this is yet another example of why UD6, a/k/a The Dog(gggg), has no credibility here, and should not be taken seriously.        
    Posted by TexasPat3

I usually don't.  He always moves the target.  His aim tends to be antagonistic instead of pragmatic.  I like the idea of having visitors from other teams but huge majority seem to want to be like UD6.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

also Brady has a hotter wiife, and Gomer has a goofy brother.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This just in, the Colts have a minor league payroll.  They're not far from the bottom.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Panthers-lead-list-of-teams-on-the-hook-with-new?urn=nfl-wp2868

That's what they get for moving in the middle of the night from Baltimore to a cornfield in Iowa. 

In 2011, they're not going to get much time to train rookies, and there will be a leaguewide run on experienced free agents with the salary cap boost, so last year's aging players will have to do the job for them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

Oh, and Manning won MVP with a rookie 4th rdr (Collie) and a 2nd yr 6th rdr (Garcon) who'd caught 4 NFL passes before 09.  There's your answer.  
    Posted by UD6

Wrong.  Manning won an MVP in 2008 with Garcon as the rookie on that team.  He won on 2009 with Collie being the rookie.  Both weren't rookies on the same year as Gronk and Hernandez were when Brady won MVP.

Brady and the offense were not expected to carry the team, unlike Manning.  The defense could do that.  

We alluded to this defense factor earlier when you brought it up in a desparate attempt to undermine Brady's talents during those SB wins, my argument was that although yes the Pats defense was good during the SB years, their SB opponents' D were at least on par or better than the Pats' D.  So it basically came down to Brady as being the difference maker in those SB wins.

Woodhead wasn't a rookie.  

Was he good before he joined the Pats?  If I were to look at ANY offensive category, would his name pop up as being at the top?  middle?  bottom?  Here's a hint.  None of the above.  He's been waived several times, placed on IR, placed on the practice squad.  Not exactly qualites that make any team fight over his services.  Until he joined Brady's team.

Add the consistency of Watson to the mix.  Stallworth as a piece, then getting back with Branch and adding great rookies Hernandez and Gronkowski.  Brady's been flush with talent.  Don't forget Faulk.   And yes, Brady is capable of setting records.  He proved that, but what he has yet to prove is that since he's been expected to carry the team with great pieces around him, he has not delivered.   

Have you not been reading my arguments? These guys were NEVER ON THE SAME TEAM for more than a year.  Faulk was good when he's not injured which is quite often, and Watson was simply not  an offensive threat.  He was supposed to be, and the team have given him all every opportunity possible, but it just never worked.   He actually became a detriment with his tendency to drop passes and his blocking weaknesses.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

UD6, agreed both are great QBs.  This argument will continue on even after both get inducted into the HOF.  There had been great points raised in this epic thread, from both sides.  This being a Pats forum, convincing us that Manning is better is a hard sell.  Just as it would be for any Pats fan in a Colts forum.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

this is gonna beat the draft thread

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts