Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

You can't quantify his mechanics, but it seems he is slowing down....he's still a huge theat...but going forward Brady has the advantage...here's a cool site on the Patriots...http://60maxpowero.com/index.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    [QUOTE]Dog, You've been here a long time and you know a lot about the game and a lot about the league. Personally, I don't care about the deals, I don't care about comparing salaries to performance, I only care about wins and rings. In the end, regular season MVP's and division titles are nice but it still falls short. Manning will back and as dangerous as ever, he'll probably sign for the most ridiculous contract ever put to paper but all that really matters is what he does in the post season.........same as Brady.  
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]
    Sammy - I understand your reasoning, and it is related to why it was each player's last contract was brought up.  Who cares if a player breaks the bank as long as he delivers for the team.  Manning did that both individually and collectively.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

RESPONSE: You know it exists...as we discussed it when it first came out. But, we here all understand that you are a merchant of lies and misrepresentations, and can never be taken seriously. You are in fact such a compulsive liar, that you probably believe yourself to be the King of England.
    In any event: www.footballforum.com/new-england-patriots/23165-nfl-apologizes-hobbs.html">http://www.footballforum.com/new-england-patriots/23165-nfl-apologizes-hobbs.html. If you want more, you can, if you care to, pay for the archived article that was posted in the Boston Herald on the letter of apology: www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1013840">http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1013840

I don't know that it exists.  I only know that Hobbs said it did.  You tell me why the hell I should take his word for its existence. 

During Brady's hometown discount - he earned only one MVP in 2007. His recent MVP was on his new contract in which he handcuffed Kraft into a major deal (as he should have). The FACTS are, that Brady's and the pats performance during his hometown discount years were not as good as Manning's during the same time. If facts are important to you, you'll walk away from this one.

RESPONSE: Yet more lies and misrepresentations. Brady's "home discount" contract includes the 2007 season...which you lied about initially. You've attempted to slide away from that initial lie. Brady signed his new contract in September of 2010...even though he was obligated to play the 2010 season under his old deal. But, it was signed after the 2010 off-season was completed, in a year during which teams were not contrained by a salary cap. So, the new Brady contract had no effect on what the Pats did in the off-season.
    Furthermore, the 2006 SB was stolen from Brady and the Pats by the referees, and gift-wrapped to Gomer. Were it not for that, Brady would have 4 SB rings, to none for that pencil-neck geek hero of yours.

I said he got his MVP in 07.  That's it. I lied about nothing.  His 2010 MVP was under his new and current contract.  He had only one during his last contract. 

RESPONSE: Please list any articles which cite that Manning and the Colts are anywhere near close to a new deal?

I don't need to.  You wonder about my concern about a contract happening, and I point out that Manning is practicing with the team.  IMO, a player that is going to be gone isn't going to waste his time with the players he is leaving.  Further, he isn't going to have surgery if he intends to impress the team he wishes to court.  Hey, if you wish to play in Rusty's league of non-logic and conjecture, that is your preogative.  Most, including me, hold you to a higher standard, but if you like the gutter, wallow in it my friend.

RESPONSE: Hitting 'em out of the park? You've yet to hit one out of the infield...LOL!!! May I suggest that, in the future, you try using a bat constructed of facts, rather than misrepresentations and lies...before you step into this forum's batter box.

Its ok Russ, er TP, I don't expect you to accept the truth. 

Carry on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure I understand the relevance of the direction this thread has taken. Comparing and contratsting results under this or that contract would seem to suggest that some people believe that players only perform in direct correlation to how much they're paid. While I don't doubt that this is true of some professional athletes, I certainly wouldn't put either Brady or Manning in any such category. In any case, the whole idea of a "hometown discount" is to free up cap money (when there is a cap) to sign additional impact players, so any discussion of "results" of a hometown discount is less a validation (or condemnation) of any single player than a rough indicator of management's abilty to flesh out a championship-calibre squad. Not that I don't enjoy these "I'm rubber, you're glue . . . " spectacles, but this entire debate -- as it relates to Quien es mas macho -- is kind of pointless.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Hey look - its mikey's rubber and glue take again.  Haven't we ALL seen this before?  Come on Mike, you've demonstrated how much smarter you are than everyone else here.  How about something new, different, or maybe with your superior intellect, original?

Mikey - as long as this board wishes to throw SB victories out as the vital reason why Brady is better than any other QB currently playing, then the contracts do matter.  Otherwise, under your assumption, these fellow pats fans would have to admit that, for instance, Brady's defense had as much or more to do with all of the pats SB vics in the last decade than Brady did, relegating Brady to less than the mythic figure they all believe him to be. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I wish this would end his career, but like Brady the guy is tough and a very rare talent...we'll be up against this guy and his team for another two to three years.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

You do?  You're a pud.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]RESPONSE: You know it exists...as we discussed it when it first came out. But, we here all understand that you are a merchant of lies and misrepresentations, and can never be taken seriously. You are in fact such a compulsive liar, that you probably believe yourself to be the King of England. In any event: www.footballforum.com/new-england-patriots/23165-nfl-apologizes-hobbs.html " /> http://www.footballforum.com/new-england-patriots/23165-nfl-apologizes-hobbs.html . If you want more, you can, if you care to, pay for the archived article that was posted in the Boston Herald on the letter of apology: www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1013840 "> http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1013840 I don't know that it exists.  I only know that Hobbs said it did.  You tell me why the hell I should take his word for its existence.

RESPONSE: Still trying to deny the truth...Tisk, tisk...LOL!!!  

During Brady's hometown discount - he earned only one MVP in 2007. His recent MVP was on his new contract in which he handcuffed Kraft into a major deal (as he should have). The FACTS are, that Brady's and the pats performance during his hometown discount years were not as good as Manning's during the same time. If facts are important to you, you'll walk away from this one. RESPONSE: Yet more lies and misrepresentations. Brady's "home discount" contract includes the 2007 season...which you lied about initially. You've attempted to slide away from that initial lie. Brady signed his new contract in September of 2010...even though he was obligated to play the 2010 season under his old deal. But, it was signed after the 2010 off-season was completed, in a year during which teams were not contrained by a salary cap. So, the new Brady contract had no effect on what the Pats did in the off-season. Furthermore, the 2006 SB was stolen from Brady and the Pats by the referees, and gift-wrapped to Gomer. Were it not for that, Brady would have 4 SB rings, to none for that pencil-neck geek hero of yours. I said he got his MVP in 07.

RESPONSE: No...in your posts prior to the last two, you chose to focus the discussion solely on the 2008-10 time period. But, then you realized that it didn't jive with you're claim that Brady taking a home-town discount didn't help the Patriots. So, you had to come up with this new theory, about how 2010 doesn't count because Brady signed his extension in September of 2010...which I refuted above.
         Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive...LOL!!!    

RESPONSE: Please list any articles which cite that Manning and the Colts are anywhere near close to a new deal? I don't need to.  You wonder about my concern about a contract happening, and I point out that Manning is practicing with the team. IMO, a player that is going to be gone isn't going to waste his time with the players he is leaving.  Further, he isn't going to have surgery if he intends to impress the team he wishes to court.  Hey, if you wish to play in Rusty's league of non-logic and conjecture, that is your preogative.  Most, including me, hold you to a higher standard, but if you like the gutter, wallow in it my friend.

RESPONSE: I'm still waiting for a cite, Dog(gggg).

RESPONSE: Hitting 'em out of the park? You've yet to hit one out of the infield...LOL!!! May I suggest that, in the future, you try using a bat constructed of facts, rather than misrepresentations and lies...before you step into this forum's batter box. Its ok Russ, er TP, I don't expect you to accept the truth.  Carry on.

RESPONSE: Lies and misrepresentations. Don't you ever get tired twisting yourself like a pretzel trying to defend this greedy, pencil-neck geek hero of yours?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I have read every post here, and all I can say is this; the bottom line is RINGS! And last I checked its; Brady-3, Manning-1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Hey look - its mikey's rubber and glue take again.  Haven't we ALL seen this before?  Come on Mike, you've demonstrated how much smarter you are than everyone else here.  How about something new, different, or maybe with your superior intellect, original? Mikey - as long as this board wishes to throw SB victories out as the vital reason why Brady is better than any other QB currently playing, then the contracts do matter.  Otherwise, under your assumption, these fellow pats fans would have to admit that, for instance, Brady's defense had as much or more to do with all of the pats SB vics in the last decade than Brady did, relegating Brady to less than the mythic figure they all believe him to be. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

If Manning wasn't so greedy, and took a home town discount like Brady did, perhaps Polian would have had the money to shore up his defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

$40,000 for a motorcycle.  SMH.  There is a line for people who do that.  The sign over the top reads "Morons"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : You do?  You're a pud.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not the type of fan that enjoys the stress of facing him or your team...take it as a compliment. And you're a pud (who says that?) for posting on our site for all this time, but as soon as Manning goes away, so will you. Indy is no place for Sport Champions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Sounds serious.  Speaking of medical issues.  Have they found a cure for Brady's receding manhood?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]HAHAHA... ROFL! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Sounds serious.  Speaking of medical issues.  Have they found a cure for Brady's receding manhood?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6,

The only receding manhood is yours, making a inane comment after Brady put up a record season, one of the best by any QB ever. 

Hetchinspete. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :       If Manning wasn't so greedy, and took a home town discount like Brady did, perhaps Polian would have had the money to shore up his defense. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but as evidenced by Belichick's failure lift the pats through Brady's discount, perhaps discounts reallyserve no positive purpose at all.  Perhaps if Brady hadn't taken a discount the pats woud have another title.  Manning got one without it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Perhaps, but as evidenced by Belichick's failure lift the pats through Brady's discount, perhaps discounts reallyserve no positive purpose at all.  Perhaps if Brady hadn't taken a discount the pats woud have another title.  Manning got one without it.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What?? Yet another nonsensical post...LOL!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :      What?? Yet another nonsensical post...LOL!!!          

Maybe by the standards of your fantasy world logic, but here in the real world, we have evidence to the contrary.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

His numbers have been tapering off the last few years. I expect that to continue, but he will still be very good for a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Huh?  I am no doctor but if I were, the first thing I'd do is look at Gisele as the cause not the solution.  Its clear that since hooking up with her, his manhood has shrunk, not grown. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

He's fathering babies with super models. What manly sort of stuff have you been up to?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Maybe by the standards of your fantasy world logic, but here in the real world, WE have evidence to the contrary.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

"We"?? Who is "we"?? You mean, "YOU"...alone...in your little world of lies and misrepresentations. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]His numbers have been tapering off the last few years. I expect that to continue, but he will still be very good for a while.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Babe, which numbers? 

Last year, a year in which some speculated that he had an arm issue (dead arm) which may have been related to his pinched nerve and subsequent and recent neck/disc surgery, he threw for the most yards in a season in his career.  He had his 3rd most touchdown year last year.  Yes he had a lot of picks.  He also had an awful makeshift and rotating line as well as his entire receiver and running back corps injured to some extent. 

The prior year he was MVP of the league. 

I am not saying you are wrong, that he may be declining, but I wouldn't base your statement on the idea that his numbers are falling. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? :      "We"?? Who is "we"?? You mean, "YOU"...alone...in your little world of lies and misrepresentations. 

Patty - We is anyone and everyone who wishes to reside mentally in the real world.  Generally, you are there, but unfortunately when the Colts and Peyton Manning are discussed you suffer from reality blackouts.  I don't know if its a medical condition or those pats colored glasses you wear, but regardless its a common occurrence. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]I don't feel Gomer is on his way down. I need proof of that before I am convinced of it. No way players like that just lose it.  He'll fade before it comes crasing down. And even a fade from him is still Pro Bowl level potential. I will say, every year that goes by and every injury he takes, he's living close to the edge. This is why Polian is playing fire on that O Line. His drafts have been weak in this area and it has hurt Gomer.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Russ - this neck thing, while being reported as minor, could very well be serious.  If you will recall, last year he had neck surgery to repair a pinched nerve (if that's what it really was).  Prior to that surgery there was a rumor afloat that Manning was suffering from a very real arm issue.  Don't know if it was a dead arm (like a pitcher in baseball) or what.  It may be that all of things we have been told are true. 

Its true, Manning did throw for 4700 yds and 33 tds.  But he also threw 17 pick (11 in that 3 game span, including the pats).  Its true that Manning was running for his life last year behind a pretty bad line and had everyone of his backfield and receiver mates injured to some extent at some point during the season, including those who continued to play.  So how many of those ints are attributable to extenuating circumstances, how many to Manning's possible injury/condition, how many due to simply getting old?  Hopefully, we'll see this year.

Oh, and it appears that Polian's son has now firmly taken over the team.  According to the colts Chris Polian ran the draft, and where his father was always reluctant about taking lineman early (or if he did, failing at it), Chris came out and drafted Costanzo and Ijalana.  Both of these guys are considered solid if not spectacular.  I think most colts fans expect them to contribute immediately, except that the lockout is killing that opportunity.

25. This post has been removed.