Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

UD6, who's better, Manning or Brady? Simple question, I'd like to hear your answer and why you believe your answer to be true.

Please don't try to categorize or use the word "if"

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Patty - We is anyone and everyone who wishes to reside mentally in the real world.  Generally, you are there, but unfortunately when the Colts and Peyton Manning are discussed you suffer from reality blackouts.  I don't know if its a medical condition or those pats colored glasses you wear, but regardless its a common occurrence. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well Dog(gggg)...I guess you don't qualify as one of "we"...LOL!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    [QUOTE]UD6, who's better, Manning or Brady? Simple question, I'd like to hear your answer and why you believe your answer to be true. Please don't try to categorize or use the word "if"
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam...don't you know by now that you'll never get a straight answer out of this guy. He's too much of a homer and a wimp to take a position on the question of Manning/Brady. For example, he might say Manning, since 2005. He'll never admit what we all know to be true...that Brady's had the better overall career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I'm not sure why he posts here all the time Russ, even if I did, I do too so I'd just be calling myself the same thing.
    I'm sure he gets better info and discussion here opposed to a Colt site where there's probably three people who never made it out of high school.

Tex, just as annual as summer and this thread I'm trying to understand his argument. There's only been three men, in the history of the game who have achieved what Tom Brady has yet he thinks Manning is better?
    Names like Bart Starr, Roger Stauback, John Elway and Bob Griese haven't done what Brady  did yet still......somehow Peyton's better?

I guess we'll see what his thoughts are?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I agree Russ, I think deep down he really thinks the Patriots are a better franchise and a better team. I think he truly wants to live in Boston so he can enjoy the Bruins/Celtics/Red Sox like we can. I think he knows how much better the city is and how much culture and history there is here and is jealous he can't enjoy what we have everyday.

If I were trapped in a city surrounded by corn, with nothing in the way of year round sports, a city centered around a car race I'd want out myself.

He's like the bully that beats up the gay kid at school but is gay himself and doesn't know how to express it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Son.........I want you to know that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. I don't want you to question why I just want you to believe it.

But dad........Tom Brady has three supebowl rings and Peyton only has one and that was a wicked chezzy one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Son.........I want you to know that Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady. I don't want you to question why I just want you to believe it. But dad........Tom Brady has three supebowl rings and Peyton only has one and that was a wicked chezzy one.

Here's an article which takes issue with the Dog(gggg)'s ludicrous position that Manning taking a home-town discount won't help the Colts:  http://kentsterling.com/2011/01/24/manning-needs-to-back-off-for-the-good-of-the-indianapolis-colts/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

good  article

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Patty - you'll never find where I have said taking a discount wouldn't help, but I will always say there is no guarantee, and Tom Brady's last contract is proof of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Tex, good article. If he was truly interested in SB wins he would have done it last time. It's clear he cares more about himself and his receivers than the team. A couple things I didn't agree with;

-Manning isn't going to posses every meaningful record
            -I'm 46 and I'm still wearing 34x34 pants as I did in high school
            -Brady is one SB win away from being the best to play the position 

UD6, that may be true, but, you did argue that he never broke the bank with that last huge contract.
    I totally agree with you in that there's no guarantee's but wouldn't you agree that there's a lot better chance of winning if you give the team more to work with like Brady did? Maybe it has something to do with the relationship between player and owner? Maybe Brady feels comfortable that Mr. Kraft will take care of him and Manning doesn't which is why he want's it all NOW.

I hope Manning is the highest paid player, I hope they field a highly paid recieving corp like they typically do and I hope they ignore the running game and secondary needs like they typically do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sam - Brady took 18.5 million per year for the largest annual contract in history.  Where's the outrage?

Doesn't the lack of outrage toward Brady by any pats fan willing to criticize Manning for his contract make all of you hypocrites?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

First of all Brady won three superbowls and two SBMVP Titles so you can't compare him and Manning. Second, let's see what Manning put's to ink and we'll take another look.

Do you think it'll be less than $18.5/year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Did Brady win those superbowls or did the team? 

But, I was thinking along the same line as you when I considered that Manning has won 4 League MVP's and been named 1st team all-pro 5 times and 2nd team all-pro 3 times.  They really can't be compared. 

Still wondering where the pat fan outrage is over Brady having the biggest annual contract in NFL history?

If you were suggesting that Brady deserved because of his team's SB wins and his 2 SB MVP's, he didn't have either of those in his prior contract. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Lets make this easy in the Nfl QBs  get all the correct win the team wins but its always another factor when the team loses and this is for every team.Why is this cause the  QB is on front stage with the media,IMO it drawfs what other players on the team contribute to winning .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]First of all Brady won three superbowls and two SBMVP Titles so you can't compare him and Manning. Second, let's see what Manning put's to ink and we'll take another look. Do you think it'll be less than $18.5/year?

Sam, notice how the wimp never answered your question directly as to who is better, Manning or Brady? Instead, he wanders off into a diatribe about MVP awards, and the like. I told you that he wouldn't give you a straight answer. 

Still, deep down, we know that he knows Brady is boss. Otherwise, he would simply, without qualifications, proclaim Manning to be better. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hey TP, you know how I feel, btw, so does Sammy.  He's just stirring the pot, and I figure, why rehash all of the bad feelings again? 

But you are another perfect person to ask the question.  How come you weren't outraged when Brady made the pats pay him the biggest annual deal in NFL history?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Tex, I don't blame UD6 for backing his guy. Manning is a good quarterback and you can't take that away. Since he won't do it I will;

Tom Brady is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning. My reason is because he led his team to three superbowl victories.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Manning is a better QB because of a better track record of dominating play.  During the Pats' SB years, Brady was asked to do little more than avoid mistakes and let the dominating D get the team to the SB.  He did very well, and was efficient.  However, Manning has spent virtually his whole career knowing that he has to score almost every time he touches the ball, or the team will lose.  The individual accomplishments are numerous: four MVPs, regular 1st and 2nd team All Pros, etc.  While I'm sure Manning would trade all that for 3 SB victories, the fact remains that those are not individual accomplishments in any way.  And it's the ONLY argument you could make for Brady.  Brady had a very good year last year and deserved his MVP, but the home-town thought that Brady is better than Manning is only shared by sportscasters that want to make the point that "SBs are the only thing that matter."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Thank you Jules for at least answering the question, something UD6 has avoided for a long time.

Now.........how can you fault Brady for having a great D and at the same time praise Manning for having a great O? By your logic Manning achieved all of those individual stats himself?

Moreover, one (me) could say that it was manning's doing that he hasn't had the team to win more superbowls by absorbing the lions share of the teams budget.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Manning is a better QB because of a better track record of dominating play.  During the Pats' SB years, Brady was asked to do little more than avoid mistakes and let the dominating D get the team to the SB.  He did very well, and was efficient.  However, Manning has spent virtually his whole career knowing that he has to score almost every time he touches the ball, or the team will lose.  The individual accomplishments are numerous: four MVPs, regular 1st and 2nd team All Pros, etc.  While I'm sure Manning would trade all that for 3 SB victories, the fact remains that those are not individual accomplishments in any way.  And it's the ONLY argument you could make for Brady.  Brady had a very good year last year and deserved his MVP, but the home-town thought that Brady is better than Manning is only shared by sportscasters that want to make the point that "SBs are the only thing that matter."
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Yawn!!: http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/30/numbers-say-tom-brady-is-better-than-peyton-manning/

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts