Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

He didnt bring up caldwell mvp did, and I dont see anyone of them comparing harrison and clark to wiggens or caldwell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?

Milk out of the nose funny Tex, how can you read articles like that and still deny the truth?

F off? Wow UD6, are you going for UD7? One shout out to BDC Dottie and I can make it happen.

So....let me see if I can sum this up; Manning got to where he is with no defense.....average wide receivers and no running game but what they do have was because of him. When they lose it's because of anything but him despite how many late game picks he's thrown in his career?

Brady on the other hand only won the rings because he had a defense, is this what you're saying? He had nothing to do with player development like Killa states, he had nothing to do with building an offense right?? He just walked in and took over what Drew Bledsoe had in place?

Well, now that we can see you tell us what you think? Is this why you love Manning? The matching foreheads?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

So this is now about draft picks?  

I can go through the first round receiver busts of the last decade with ease - and remember - Wayne was picked 30 and Harrison 21. 

Peter Warrick picked #4;  Sylvester Morris #21;  R Jay Soward 29; David Terrell 8;  Freddie Mitchell 25; Charles Rogers 2;  Reggie Williams 9;  Rashan Woods 31;  Troy Williamson 7;  Mike Williams 10;  Matt Jones 21;  Ted Ginn 9;  Craig Davis 30

There are a whole host of others that are marginal 1st round receivers.  How is that the colts magically get great ones?  Or is it the QB? 

Antowain Smith was a 1st rounder

Ultimately, the question isn't about where the player was picked, but whether or not he was good.  Branch - yes; Brown - yes; Patten - yes.  BTW - Caldwell was a 2nd rdr. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : I can't believe he's comparing Harrison and Clark to people like Reche Caldwell or Jermaine WIggins at TE. lol Only Underpanties would pretend that correlation would stick.  What;s next?  Marshall Faulk was a detriment and Antowain Smith was a godsend leaving Buffalo for NE?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

How about Daniel Graham and Ben Watson - 1st Rounders. 

Hey if we are basing skill level on the round drafted, then I think so. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Peace out guys.......

GO BRUINS!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Sammy - if you think you need to make that call - if you are too offended - then make it.  If you want to dish it out but can't handle the response, then maybe you should run to your momma. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

And no - amidst all of the discussion you've tried to suggest that I don't think Brady is great and that I think Manning is beyond great.  Nothing like that at all, I've simply provided my reasons for why I think Manning is better. 

But listen, if you want to take things out of context so be it. 

And since we are having fun with pictures;

this must be why you love Brady:

www.fabioifc.com%2fBookcover_plus%2fmousepad_shot_fabio.2.jpg" alt="" />

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end?:
    [QUOTE]Manning is a better QB because of a better track record of dominating play.  During the Pats' SB years, Brady was asked to do little more than avoid mistakes and let the dominating D get the team to the SB.  He did very well, and was efficient.  However, Manning has spent virtually his whole career knowing that he has to score almost every time he touches the ball, or the team will lose.  The individual accomplishments are numerous: four MVPs, regular 1st and 2nd team All Pros, etc.  While I'm sure Manning would trade all that for 3 SB victories, the fact remains that those are not individual accomplishments in any way.  And it's the ONLY argument you could make for Brady.  Brady had a very good year last year and deserved his MVP, but the home-town thought that Brady is better than Manning is only shared by sportscasters that want to make the point that "SBs are the only thing that matter."
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

It is curious that you dismiss things like winning SBs yet cling to opinionated measures such as  being chosen MVP or being chosen for the pro-bowl.

Brady blows Manning away on the hardware aspect of the comparison.

With stats Brady clearly wins on quality of the numbers and Manning only looks better when you consider his having played more games.

In accolades, Manning has his 4 MVPs to Brady's 2. But Brady has a comeback player of the year and a very rare sportsman of the year, and the only ever unanimous MVP.

And the trump card Brady holds is that he does his amazing stuff in the hellish northeast weather most of the time while Manning does it in a dome or in nice weather locales such as Texas, Florida and Tennessee.

Of course Manning HAS had better weapons to enhance his performance over the years. And saying the Pat's D has been significantly better than the Pat's over the span of comparison is wrong. Look up the numbers.

Clearly, Brady has been a bit better and the glaring detail is that in the last few seasons it hasn't been that close. He has won 2 MVPs in the last 3 seasons he played along with 2 seasonal TD crowns.

One of Mannings MVPs was actually a tie and another was a great injustice to Rivers who had the better year, by far. Brady's 2 were dominating.

Brady has the lead and is pulling away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Robbie...that's a really nice pic of manning's wife.
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Tom Brady.  Is Brady Manning's b*tch, too?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

I think mannings wife is very pretty.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : Dude, your reading comprehension problems are becoming annoying. Pants introduced the concept of Manning having mediocre/unknown weapons and dropped in names like Harrison and Clark.  Clearly, beyond laughable. Harrison and Clark were top 1, 2 or 3 options in the draft at their respective spots when they were drafted. Reche Caldwell was out of the league by the end of 2007.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    Clearly, you have the same problems.  Nowhere did I ever say he had mediocre/unknown weapons.  That you read that into my words speaks volumes about you and makes me pity your family. 

The point is a player is either good or not and/or the QB makes him better.  Draft position is not an automatic indicator.  Chad Jackson anyone? Drafted 2 spots behind Reggie Wayne.  Should have been great, I guess.  How about Austin Collie 4th, Pierre Garcon 6th, Jacob Tamme 4th, Blair White UDFA.  I guess none of these guys should have been worth a damn. 

Save the Brady had worse players take.  Although, I do believe that like Manning, Brady makes his receivers better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts' Manning undergoes 2nd neck surgery Since Feb 2010. Beginning of the end? : I thought it was Tom Brady.  Is Brady Manning's b*tch, too?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

No, but could be that Chesney and The Forehead have a Brokeback Mountain kind of thing going on.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I was so hoping that Rusty would not say CASE CLOSED.  Now what am I to do?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]f off Sammy

RESPONSE: Temper, temper. Is that any way to speak to your former mentor and advisor?? LOL!!! Why don't you stop whining, and give Sam the straight answer he asked for. Do you think Manning is, and has been, better than Brady? No qualifications. Yes or no?   

- You know I've said I thought Manning was better or they were 1a and 1b.  Why would I defend Manning otherwise.  What a pud.

RESPONSE: WE want a straight answer. Yes or no. 

There's no faulting Brady for having a great D, but because of it less was required of him.

RESPONSE: There you go...qualifying again, and making excuses for that pencil-neck geek hero of yours. Please, stop the "Brady had a better defense" whine!!! How 'bout the fact that Manning had many more offensive weapons to draw upon than Brady...and the fact that Manning has played most of his games in a climate controlled dome?   

Manning made the O great.  No one was praising the colts for taking Clark when they did - too small they said.  No one was praising the colts for taking Wayne - too slow they said.

RESPONSE: So now you're trying to tell us that potential Hall of Fame WRs Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne succk, and that Manning made them?? Belichick was criticized for drafting DE Richard Seymour, instead of WR David Terrell, in 2001. Instead of placing stud WRs around Brady, the Pats used their top picks on defenders like Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Seymour, Vince Wilfolk, Brandon Meriweather, Devin McCourty, Jarod Mayo, Ty Warren, and Patrick Chung, ...and spent money on free agent defenders Mike Vrabel, Rosevelt Colvin, Leigh Bodden, Rodney Harrison, and Adalius Thomas.     

The following players were taken before Marvin Harrison (who was thought to be too small) - Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, and Eddie Kennison.  Marvin Harrison's numbers went up substantially after Manning was brought in, even in Mannings rookie year.

RESPONSE: And your point is?? How good were WRs  Deion Branch, David Patton, David Givens. Reche Caldwell, Jabaar Gaffney, Wes Welker, and an aging Randy Moss...without Tom Brady? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]