Colts Now Out of Luck.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Colts Now Out of Luck.

Colts win next week they will probably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus.
    therefore are you rooting for them to win or lose.
    their coach has to want to win to keep his job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Re: Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus.

ORLOVSKI wants to win, polian wants to loose, Caldwell has to win

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Re: Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus.

In Response to Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus.:
    [QUOTE]therefore are you rooting for them to win or lose. their coach has to want to win to keep his job.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Thanks for an interesting post. Your question should bring forth comments.

I think Coach Caldwell is done anyway. My first thought is how does a Colt fan feel about your question. If I was a colt fan and winning after a terrible season and losing out on Andrew Luck would be devastating.

It would be interesting after the Rams paid big money already for a QB taken No.1 if the colts would actually be forced to trade up for Luck? What would they give up for him?

Wishing you well...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus. : Thanks for an interesting post. Your question should bring forth comments. I think Coach Caldwell is done anyway. My first thought is how does a Colt fan feel about your question. If I was a colt fan and winning after a terrible season and losing out on Andrew Luck would be devastating. It would be interesting after the Rams paid big money already for a QB taken No.1 if the colts would actually be forced to trade up for Luck? What would they give up for him? Wishing you well...
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

thanks for the well wishes.
    if colts lose the #1, i doubt they are the one trading for luck.
    though it could be funny if the rams cant find someone to give them what they want. i think the neediest teams would give up something big.

yes im sure colts fasn would be pissed, but it seemed the majority of fans in the stadium were relishing the win.

peace

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts win next week they will prbabably lose luck, meaning someone like the rams may get 3 #1s plus. : As of now, the Luck Bowl goes to Minn with a strength of victory of 12-16.  St. Louis is second with 15-13 and Indy is third with 17-12.  They have no common opponents.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

commentators on the game say it goes to indy now. however they are trying to win next week. rams have a backup qb and face sf, who do you think wns that game.
    so if minn loses too, maybe minn gets it either way my question to folks here stands. imagine that ifi ndy plays their way out of "luck" and the repercussions?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Colts N ow Out of Luck.

Although I didnt like the concept at first, I think the NFL now needs to go to a draft lottery like the NBA to prevent teams like the Dolts from tanking for the #1 pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Now with the Colts win do they still have the #1 pick or is it the Rams or Vikings?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Right now Indy has the top pick.  If they all lose next week Indy still gets the top pick.  If Indy wins and either Rams Or Vikings lose then obviously the Colts don't get the first pick.

Either way what an incredible draft at the top this is going to be.  The Rams have Bradford, Vikings just drafted Poinder, Indy has a possible healthy Manning.  Can you imagine the mad scramble at the top of this draft of teams positioning to get the top pick???  Plus Barkley is going back to school so if you want a "can't miss" guy (unless you count that Baylor QB) then you really need to move up.

I think one of these team's is going to get a boatload of picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

In Response to Re: Colts N ow Out of Luck.:
    [QUOTE]Although I didnt like the concept at first, I think the NFL now needs to go to a draft lottery like the NBA to prevent teams like the Dolts from tanking for the #1 pick.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Just have a weighted lottery of the 3 worst teams.  I hate the idea of teams tanking for the #1 pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Although I didnt like the concept at first, I think the NFL now needs to go to a draft lottery like the NBA to prevent teams like the Dolts from tanking for the #1 pick.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

That's kind of an odd thing to say since they just won their last two games.  If your tanking aren't you suppose to be losing???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Right now Indy has the top pick.  If they all lose next week Indy still gets the top pick.  If Indy wins and either Rams Or Vikings lose then obviously the Colts don't get the first pick. Either way what an incredible draft at the top this is going to be.  The Rams have Bradford, Vikings just drafted Poinder, Indy has a possible healthy Manning.  Can you imagine the mad scramble at the top of this draft of teams positioning to get the top pick???  Plus Barkley is going back to school so if you want a "can't miss" guy (unless you count that Baylor QB) then you really need to move up. I think one of these team's is going to get a boatload of picks.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

patsman
    re: "I think one of these team's is going to get a boatload of picks. "

thats what i said by the way and the point of the post.
    so yeah  thats what we're contemplating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Colts Now Out of Luck.

Hear those sucking sounds? their coming from Jacksonville.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Being exiled out here in Ram land, the veiw around here (sort of) is that Bradford needs a vyable back-up. Thier d is pretty good but thier o-line just sucks! If they can't fix that problem, Bradford will go the same way as Warner and Bulger in Stl., beat up so much they more or less became gun shy because they were running for thier lives all the time, ruined both of them. So if STL. is smart they would use those top picks for o-line help. But who knows how smart they are! Gonna be interesting!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Being exiled out here in Ram land, the veiw around here (sort of) is that Bradford needs a vyable back-up. Thier d is pretty good but thier o-line just sucks! If they can't fix that problem, Bradford will go the same way as Warner and Bulger in Stl., beat up so much they more or less became gun shy because they were running for thier lives all the time, ruined both of them. So if STL. is smart they would use those top picks for o-line help. But who knows how smart they are! Gonna be interesting!

I agree with that. If their O line cant hold up even Brady would get killed back there. The Rams can get back up QB depth in free agency.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Colt's fans are prob pretty pissed this morning after that useless win.

As a Pat's fan, I love it, though they aren't completely out of the sweepstakes yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I know the modern game is different, but When Pride Still Mattered should be required reading for players and fans.  Lombardi would cry to see teams lie down for draft picks.  Colts are guaranteed a top round pick at the very least.  Luck is only one of those players, and there aren't many QBs in this league that took their teams from worst to first. 

Texans' loss just helped the Pats in a big way.  Good for Indy, good for Orlovsky. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I think a much more likely scenerio is that that rams trade bradford for a first round pick, Clean house on the coaches after this pretty bad season(Mcdanials will end up in KC as HC or OC) 

Then they draft luck with the number 1 pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Now Out of Luck.:
    [QUOTE]Colt's fans are prob pretty pissed this morning after that useless win. As a Pat's fan, I love it, though they aren't completely out of the sweepstakes yet.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

First - I don't think any individual that roots for his team to lose EVER can be considered a fan.  I actually believe the colts will find a way to win next week putting them out of the Luck sweepstakes, b/c I don't expect STL or MIN to win another game. 

So that being the case - who would you consider the best players by position after Luck?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

This is working out perfect. We get #1, Steelers get #2, Ravens #3. Means most likely the Ravens and Steelers will bash each others brains out before they come to the razor. We could be even luckier to destroy the Jets as a warm up game.

Thank you for the Koolaid :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If the Colts wanted Luck they would fire Caldwell for winning  lol

You have to figure the players didn't want to lose anymore and at times it looked like they took matters into their own hands, calling plays on the field.

It's almost comical at this point. They PO'd their Vets enough that they might not want to come back and might have taken themselves out of the Luck sweepstake at the same time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If Pitt gets #2 seed, Balt gets #5 via wildcard slot...regardless of thier record; or vice versa.  Denver will most likely get #4 seed, unless they wilt vs. Buffalo & KC, and either Balt or Pitt will travel to mile high in wildcard round, likely to bash Denver & advance to Divisional round.

[QUOTE]This is working out perfect. We get #1, Steelers get #2, Ravens #3. Means most likely the Ravens and Steelers will bash each others brains out before they come to the razor. We could be even luckier to destroy the Jets as a warm up game. Thank you for the Koolaid :)
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]This is working out perfect. We get #1, Steelers get #2, Ravens #3. Means most likely the Ravens and Steelers will bash each others brains out before they come to the razor. We could be even luckier to destroy the Jets as a warm up game. Thank you for the Koolaid :)
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

No, right now it's Pats #1 seed, Ravens #2 seed, and Steelers #5 seed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts Now Out of Luck. : No, right now it's Pats #1 seed, Ravens #2 seed, and Steelers #5 seed.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

so they may have to beat both to get to the sb. that's tough. on the bright side, if they can get through that and not incur any additional injuries, how confident would the pats be going to the sb?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

barkley going back to school sure makes the top of the 2012 draft interesting.

if you are arguing that colts would pick luck if they had top pick and despite a healthy manning, then shouldn't one say that min or stl would pick luck if they ahd top pick, despite ponder or bradford?

other than those three teams, others who might want a shot at a qb are...
    jacksonville (i don't gabbert is thier answer at qb)
    washington (anyone would want an upgrade to grossman)
    miami (they're thinking they are a good qb away from toppling nwe and nyj)

possibly, also...
    arizona
    denver

there are only three qbs who have 1st rnd ratings (luck, griffin and jones - don't think jones is 1st rnd material).

i don't think teams will overpay for QBs in 2012. once the top OLmen are taken, i think there will be a run on DLmen, CBs and WRs. It might be slim pickins come the pats' turn.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Being exiled out here in Ram land, the veiw around here (sort of) is that Bradford needs a vyable back-up. Thier d is pretty good but thier o-line just sucks! If they can't fix that problem, Bradford will go the same way as Warner and Bulger in Stl., beat up so much they more or less became gun shy because they were running for thier lives all the time, ruined both of them. So if STL. is smart they would use those top picks for o-line help. But who knows how smart they are! Gonna be interesting!
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]

thanks  for the view out there nesport. so are they begging the rams to suck and trade #1 for 3 or 4 #1's?

Sections
Shortcuts