Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian

I don't blame them.  They've done a FANTASTIC job overachieving for the past 10 years to allow Manning to break records and put up prolific numbers.

Yet every time the Colts lose a big game, Manning and/or Polian blames the offensive line.

Talk about teamwork.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Yeah Nick - its refreshing to know there are others out there who don't think Manning had anything to do with those prolific numbers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian:
    Yeah Nick - its refreshing to know there are others out there who don't think Manning had anything to do with those prolific numbers.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Dog(gggg)...no one is disputing that Manning is a great regular season QB. That's where his "prolific numbers" lie. But, in the playoffs, his numbers aren't "prolific" at all. Why do you think that is? Perhaps if you read this article, you'll get a clue: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/02/12/time-to-trim-manning-back-to-size

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here are previous quotes from Jeff Saturday and Ryan Diem, taking exception to Polian blaming the OL for the SB loss: http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/5/22/1482787/ryan-diem-seems-to-disagree-with

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - nice effort, but we all know that the timing route that was supposed to be run wasn't.  We also know manning owns up to his mistakes. 

As for the o-line, isn't it ironic that the colts o-line that was called out is still showing up to work while the pats line that wasn't is actually calling out its ownership. 

Bob Kraft should be ashamed of himself.  Generally, I have respected him.  He stuck by his coach when he shouldn't and virtually admitted his coaches intentional indescretions given his friendship with the commish.  Yet, he did not keep his word with his best o-lineman.  Tsk Tsk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : You a**h*le.  All I did was point out that the line got thrown under the bus when they never get credit for their sustained quality from year in to year out.  G*F*Y.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Goodness Nick - that was a little much, don't you think.  Where do you get this sense that they never get credit for their sustained quality? 

Lets be honest here.  Calling out a proessional for substandard performance is so much less severe than telling a professional to hold off on a contract for a year and then the team will take care of him only to find out they haven't. 

Men can handle criticism, but men don't take kindly to being lied to. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Goodness Nick - that was a little much, don't you think.  Where do you get this sense that they never get credit for their sustained quality?  Lets be honest here.  Calling out a proessional for substandard performance is so much less severe than telling a professional to hold off on a contract for a year and then the team will take care of him only to find out they haven't.  Men can handle criticism, but men don't take kindly to being lied to. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

If you're referring to the Mankins situation, read his quote buddy. It said "They told me to play out this year and we'd work on a new deal after the uncapped year." It was something along those lines. Has the uncapped year come and gone? Have the Patriots really backtracked on their word?

Calling out a professional on a subpar performance is a good thing but how come Polian never calls out baby Manning? That's the point here; either be like Kraft and call nobody out in public or if you're going to call out someone, make sure you're consistent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Publicly blaming your team mates for a loss is the lowest thing you can do in the sports world.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

ud5.....  you are going to be an average team this year and its already more that you can face by defending nondefendable positions..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : If you're referring to the Mankins situation, read his quote buddy. It said "They told me to play out this year and we'd work on a new deal after the uncapped year." It was something along those lines. Has the uncapped year come and gone? Have the Patriots really backtracked on their word? Calling out a professional on a subpar performance is a good thing but how come Polian never calls out baby Manning? That's the point here; either be like Kraft and call nobody out in public or if you're going to call out someone, make sure you're consistent.
    Posted by apdynasty23

apparently - you didn't read the revised statements.  I was corrected to "during" the uncapped year. 

I think Polian doesn't call out Manning in the same way Belichick doesn't call out Brady. 

What about Brady saying the team wasn't tough enough.  You don't actually think he was talking about himself do you?  If you do, you're naive. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Publicly blaming your team mates for a loss is the lowest thing you can do in the sports world.   
    Posted by Mungomunro

Like Brady calling out his entire team for not being tough?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TP - nice effort, but we all know that the timing route that was supposed to be run wasn't.

RESPONSE: No...we don't know that. Only you do. The truth of the matter is that Manning went to the well once too often with that particular play, and CB Porter "jumped the route". Why can't you simply admit that Manning made a bad read...and a bad play? Instead, like Polian, you continue making excuses for him. 

We also know manning owns up to his mistakes.

RESPONSE: We do?? Since when has Manning taken responsibility for his playoff chokes? There's always been an excuse...either its' been the weather, or an OL malfunction, or a WR not running the right route...etc. If the excuses made were a one time thing, that might be tolerable. But, with ol' Horseface, its' an annual thing.   

As for the o-line, isn't it ironic that the colts o-line that was called out is still showing up to work while the pats line that wasn't is actually calling out its ownership.

RESPONSE: What a silly, defensive remark to make. The Indy OL is currently free of contract issues. The Pats have one guy who thinks he should be paid as much as the best guard in the NFL, even though he isn't the best guard in the NFL. What does this have to do with the Colts' OL dissing Polian? Furthermore, who  is "calling out" the Colts OL? If anything, I'm agreeing with them...and calling out Polian for throwing them under the bus...in a feeble, transparent attempt to manufacture another excuse for his overrated, mentally delicate QB. 

Bob Kraft should be ashamed of himself.  Generally, I have respected him.  He stuck by his coach when he shouldn't and virtually admitted his coaches intentional indescretions given his friendship with the commish.

RESPONSE: Again...desperately trying to shift the focus of the discussion away from Manning and Polian. I  wonder why...LOL!! Of course Kraft stuck by his coach. Every objective football fan knows that spygate was a bunch of BS.  

Yet, he did not keep his word with his best o-lineman.  Tsk Tsk.

RESPONSE: Again...changing the topic, I see...LOL!!! As you are well aware, your above comment on Kraft is a flat out lie...as has been demonstrated through numerous amounts of information posted here. Mankins has been seemingly offered a fair market deal...but appears to be over-valuating himself. Comments like this are typical of trolls like you...and explain why you have zero credibility on this forum.

Posted by underdoggggg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Like Brady calling out his entire team for not being tough?
    Posted by underdoggggg

A team captain calling out his team to play tougher is not the same thing as the QB blaming specific individuals for his own poor performance. 

obtw. The Pick 6 was Manning's fault. 
       If Marvin ran the wrong route then how did Tracy Porter know when and where to go when he jumped the route?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

ud5.....  you are going to be an average team this year and its already more that you can face by defending nondefendable positions..
    Posted by jcour382

I hope we are better than average.  Last year we were expected to be slightly better than average (10th or so in many PR's), unlike the pats who were picked by most to win it all.  What this says is that its anyones guess. 

Obviously the pundits were very wrong last year as the pats fell flat on their face and colts rolled on to the super bowl.  So, jcour, I'll give you this, you could be right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by jcour382

Come now, jcour. I hate the Colts as much as anyone...but there's no way, barring a Peyton injury, that they will be just an "average team". Who in their division is going to beat them? The Texans?? The Titans??? The Jaguars????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian :     Come now, jcour. I hate the Colts as much as anyone...but there's no way, barring a Peyton injury, that they will be just an "average team". Who in their division is going to beat them? The Texans?? The Titans??? The Jaguars????
    Posted by TexasPat3

exactly...no one in that division is going to wrestle it away from the colts...the afc east on the other hand...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - nice effort, but we all know that the timing route that was supposed to be run wasn't.

RESPONSE: No...we don't know that. Only you do. The truth of the matter is that Manning went to the well once too often with that particular play, and CB Porter "jumped the route". Why can't you simply admit that Manning made a bad read...and a bad play? Instead, like Polian, you continue making excuses for him. 

Well then, I guess you only listen to what you want to.  By the way, what 5 yard routes aren't timing routes?  Manning's ball was 3 yards to the right of Wayne who ran a 5 yd hook instead of a slant.  Porter didn't need to "jump" the route, the ball basically was thrown to him.  Take off the pats glasses TP, there's a whole other world out there. 

RESPONSE: We do?? Since when has Manning taken responsibility for his playoff chokes? There's always been an excuse...either its' been the weather, or an OL malfunction, or a WR not running the right route...etc. If the excuses made were a one time thing, that might be tolerable. But, with ol' Horseface, its' an annual thing.   

Sure he does.  Annual?  Should Manning have also caught the ball that Kenton Keith dropped near the goal line against SD in 2007 resulting in an int?  Maybe Manning should have run back Scifres punts in 08 or played LB and stopped Sproles. 

RESPONSE: What a silly, defensive remark to make. The Indy OL is currently free of contract issues. The Pats have one guy who thinks he should be paid as much as the best guard in the NFL, even though he isn't the best guard in the NFL. What does this have to do with the Colts' OL dissing Polian? Furthermore, who  is "calling out" the Colts OL? If anything, I'm agreeing with them...and calling out Polian for throwing them under the bus...in a feeble, transparent attempt to manufacture another excuse for his overrated, mentally delicate QB. 

Silly or true?  Everyone on this board thought Mankins was one of the 3 best guards in the league, that is until he called out his owner for playing games.  The point is, every team has issues.  Who cares what they are.  If they get resolved then the issues are meaningless.  Polian's criticism of the play of his line may bother the players some, but they are in camp.  On the other hand, Mankins is still under contract and could/should be in camp, but he feels as if he has been played the fool by his org.  Which would you rather have a publicly critical org head or a deceitful quiet one? 

Bob Kraft should be ashamed of himself.  Generally, I have respected him.  He stuck by his coach when he shouldn't and virtually admitted his coaches intentional indescretions given his friendship with the commish.

RESPONSE: Again...desperately trying to shift the focus of the discussion away from Manning and Polian. I  wonder why...LOL!! Of course Kraft stuck by his coach. Every objective football fan knows that spygate was a bunch of BS.  

Not away - just providing comparative analysis.  You seem to be so worried about the colts.  I think the pats have enough of their own problems to focus on.

Yet, he did not keep his word with his best o-lineman.  Tsk Tsk.

RESPONSE: Again...changing the topic, I see...LOL!!! As you are well aware, your above comment on Kraft is a flat out lie...as has been demonstrated through numerous amounts of information posted here. Mankins has been seemingly offered a fair market deal...but appears to be over-valuating himself. Comments like this are typical of trolls like you...and explain why you have zero credibility on this forum.

Not changing the topic.  It goes along with the comment above that you chose to break apart.  So I should rely on the information of fans rather than the information from the injured party?  Give me one viable reason why Mankins should not be taken at his word?  Has he ever publicly said something prior to this to cause you or anyone else to question his integrity?  Have either the team or Mankins (or his reps) said exactly what the offer was or has the information come through "sources"?  Even if correct, as has been pointed out here dozens of times, the simple terms 5 and $35 are meaningless without structure.  You've admitted such.  At this juncture, I am willing to take Mankins at his word.  I think you likely do too, you just are not willing to admit it publicly.  The pats played Mankins.   

Posted by underdoggggg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Goodness Nick - that was a little much, don't you think.  Where do you get this sense that they never get credit for their sustained quality?  Lets be honest here.  Calling out a proessional for substandard performance is so much less severe than telling a professional to hold off on a contract for a year and then the team will take care of him only to find out they haven't.  Men can handle criticism, but men don't take kindly to being lied to. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Sometimes other people say it better than I could:

Get your facts straight before spewing b*llsh*t.  Mankins claimed they made NO offer.  This obviously wasn't true.  It's not dishonesty by the Pats - it's Mankins' GREED.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i just want to ask a simple question....why is this board so obsessed with polian?

the man does not effect the outcome of games, nor has he been ever convicted of cheating of any kind...so why the hate?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

i just want to ask a simple question....why is this board so obsessed with polian? the man does not effect the outcome of games, nor has he been ever convicted of cheating of any kind...so why the hate?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Well, when a representative of one of the league's most successful franchises has such an inordinate amount of power on a committee that directly effects the fortunes of all NFL teams and represents such a clear conflict of interest, it's only human nature to speculate that he might use his undue influence to help his own cause in any way he could -- which leads fans of other teams to question the league's motivation in allowing such a conflict to go on indefinitely.

As a Dolphins fan old enough to remember Don Shula in a similar position, I should think you would understand this.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : You a**h*le.  All I did was point out that the line got thrown under the bus when they never get credit for their sustained quality from year in to year out.  G*F*Y.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

Artist: Don't get upset with doggy. He takes his head so rarely out of manny's a-- that he never gets the full meaning of the post.

His basic lines are

1) Peyton is the greatest
    2) Brady got lucky
    3) It was the Pats legendary defense which won all the SB's
    4) Man I love having my head up manny's a--
    5) I have no friends so I come here.

After a year or two it goes from frustrating, to silly, to very sad.

The Colts Oline got thrown under the bus the same way manning gives that look every time he throws a pick or loses a game. The "Ya'll know it wasn't me, it was my dumb a-- team" look.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Well then, I guess you only listen to what you want to.  By the way, what 5 yard routes aren't timing routes?  Manning's ball was 3 yards to the right of Wayne who ran a 5 yd hook instead of a slant.  Porter didn't need to "jump" the route, the ball basically was thrown to him.

RESPONSE: More excuses...LOL!!!

Take off the pats glasses TP, there's a whole other world out there.

RESPONSE: I've read plenty of articles on the Manning SB choke...and have posted them to back-up my contentions. Where are your articles which tend to exculpate Manning, as you have suggested?

RESPONSE: Join us in the real world, Dog(gggg)...LOL!!! When has ol' Horseface ever owned up to anything? Why should he, when he has excuse makers like you, Polian, and in the media working for him? Please name one of his many playoff chokes in which he hasn't used some excuse to explain his failings?

RESPONSE: Sure he does.  Annual?

RESPONSE: Save for 2006, it's been annual. Every time the Colts lose in the playoffs, it's never Manning's fault. Why can't the guy be a man, and own up to his failings? Instead, he blames the weather, physical play, offensive line malfunctions, etc..  

Should Manning have also caught the ball that Kenton Keith dropped near the goal line against SD in 2007 resulting in an int?  Maybe Manning should have run back Scifres punts in 08 or played LB and stopped Sproles.

RESPONSE: Manning didn't play well in that loss. The referees tried every way possible to give Indy the game, and protect Peyton. Remember the Cromartie pick-6 that was called back? In 2008, Manning couldn't lead his offense to score more than 17 points...and choked in the 4th quarter.  

Silly or true?  Everyone on this board thought Mankins was one of the 3 best guards in the league, that is until he called out his owner for playing games.

RESPONSE:  Again, a feeble attempt to change the topic. The Pats' offered him $7mil. a year, while the best guard in the game got paid 8mil. per year. How is it that Kraft "lied" to Mankins about addressing his contract in the off-season, when he made Mankins a creditable offer? The only one "playing games" with this BS is you.  

The point is, every team has issues.

RESPONSE I won't let you switch the topic...which is Manning's chokes, and Polian covering up for him by throwing his OL under the bus.

Polian's criticism of the play of his line may bother the players some, but they are in camp.  On the other hand, Mankins is still under contract and could/should be in camp, but he feels as if he has been played the fool by his org.  Which would you rather have a publicly critical org head or a deceitful quiet one?

RESPONSE: Apples and oranges. I do not accept your premise that Kraft has been deceitful in any way. As I stated previously, there's been plenty of articles and information on the Mankins' contract matter to show that your claims about Kraft are a flat out lie. All Kraft promised was that Mankins' contract issues would be addressed by the team this off-season. They were...and a fair offer was made for his services. Why should the Patriots match an offer made to the best OG in the game, when Mankins is not the best OG in the game? Polian "a publicly critical organized head"?? How about an unethical, deceitful, organized head? Just ask Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, and Charley Johnson.  

Not changing the topic.  It goes along with the comment above that you chose to break apart.

RESPONSE: LOL!! Yeah, right. You're getting as good at excuse making as Peyton.

So I should rely on the information of fans rather than the information from the injured party?

RESPONSE Well...you choose to rely on how you feel about Peyton and Polian, rather than accept the words of Jeff Saturday, Ryan, Diem, Charlie Johnson, and Reggie Wayne...all who refute fault for the SB loss.  Mankins is the "injured party" in his own mind. Information has been set forth as to the value of the contract offered...and has been compared with the Evans' deal. If you feel that Mankins' is the "injured party", please explain why?  

Give me one viable reason why Mankins should not be taken at his word?

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Let me repeat...he was offered a 5 year, $35mil. deal. The best guard in the game, who just helped win a SB, and who is two years younger, was given a contract worth $1mil. more per year, and two years longer. Where's the unfairness? Please explain. 

Has he ever publicly said something prior to this to cause you or anyone else to question his integrity?

RESPONSE: What does that have to do with the above discussed issue? The guy feels that he hasn't been treated fairly. You say that you agree with him. Please explain why?

Have either the team or Mankins (or his reps) said exactly what the offer was or has the information come through "sources"?  Even if correct, as has been pointed out here dozens of times, the simple terms 5 and $35 are meaningless without structure.  You've admitted such.

RESPONSE: Isn't it odd that the Mankins' camp has said nothing in response to the Pats' making public the terms of their offer? If the amount of the $35mil. guaranteed is so egregiously low, why hasn't Mankins or his agent said so?  Or...could it be that Mankins' ego is getting in the way of this process Could it be that he thinks that he's really as good or better than Evans? Could it be that the problem lies there? 

At this juncture, I am willing to take Mankins at his word.

RESPONSE: But of course...you are a troll.

I think you likely do too, you just are not willing to admit it publicly.  The pats played Mankins.

RESPONSE: Change the topic all you like. The bottom line is  that Peyton Manning is a proven choke artist...Bill Polian lied about the play of his OL in a feeble, transparent attempt to excuse Peyton's latest choke, and protect Peyton's fragile ego, and legacy, ...and you have once again demonstrated why you have no credibility here.

Posted by underdoggggg
    Posted by underdoggggg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Calling out a proessional for substandard performance

You are a professional manning love toy and on the intent of your note I will call you out as a dik

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Like Brady calling out his entire team for not being tough?
    Posted by underdoggggg

You female reproductive organ, Brady saying the Pats weren't tough last year included himself as a team member. He put the burden on himself as well as others. Polian saying the Colts OL cost the Colts the SB is completely different. 

And when does Peyton Manning ever take blame where blame is deserved? You mean when he said that his receivers weren't running the right routes after the loss in San Diego? Peyton Manning is such a doofus. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Well, when a representative of one of the league's most successful franchises has such an inordinate amount of power on a committee that directly effects the fortunes of all NFL teams and represents such a clear conflict of interest, it's only human nature to speculate that he might use his undue influence to help his own cause in any way he could -- which leads fans of other teams to question the league's motivation in allowing such a conflict to go on indefinitely. As a Dolphins fan old enough to remember Don Shula in a similar position, I should think you would understand this.
    Posted by p-mike

Pmike - doesn't anyone on this committee have an inordinate amount of power, simply because the committee itself is powerful, or are you suggesting he has more power than the other committee members? 

Sections
Shortcuts