Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian:
    In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Well, when a representative of one of the league's most successful franchises has such an inordinate amount of power on a committee that directly effects the fortunes of all NFL teams and represents such a clear conflict of interest, it's only human nature to speculate that he might use his undue influence to help his own cause in any way he could -- which leads fans of other teams to question the league's motivation in allowing such a conflict to go on indefinitely. As a Dolphins fan old enough to remember Don Shula in a similar position, I should think you would understand this.
    Posted by p-mike

well conflict of interest aside (like mr. mitchell working for the red sox or the close relationship that goodell and kraft have) bending the rules to suit you team isnt as bad as clearly violating them...i mean for shula to a certain extent and polian now, they wanted to turn the league into a passing league...which they did...which benefits teams that have QB's and kills teams that dont

look, im all for conspiracy theories...i think they are fun...but its not like polian telephones goodell, tells him that was a penalty and then goodell calls up the umpire and informs them they have called the wrong thing because it went against the colts...thats impossible and has too many moving parts to complete the conspiracy angle

personally...i think all sports leagues would be wise to not allow team reps on things such as a competition committee or rules infractions or whatever just to avoid the conspiracy notion all together...but whats wise and what happens are often two different things completely

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Pure and utter BS. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Peyton blaming his OL. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I am very happy to have Peyton Manning as QB of the Indianapolis Colts and Bill Polian as the team's President.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Are you Happy about Nebraska coming to the Big Ten? I'm psyched. They don't show too many Big 12 games  on TV out here as compared to Big 10. So you guys can beat us at hoops and take a beating on the Football field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Indianapolis Colts
    Home: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Cincinnati
    Away: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington, New England

dang...it is a pretty soft schedule...but it is my feeling they have peaked...and will now start to regress...not to mention they are losing moore though he will "consult" time and changes take their toll

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : I think so, but they really need Notre Dame.  Where are you? Are you a Nebraska guy?
    Posted by underdoggggg

Huge Nebraska Guy. Half my family is from Omaha and half from Boston. I'd like to see ND join up too now.  The Big 12 really P!ssed me off when they split the conference and separated Nebraska and Oklahoma. When Colorado went to the Pac -10 I knew Nebraska would take off. OU and Colorado were our 2 biggest rivals.I'm looking forward to Big-10 Schedule next year. I would imagine now that they have 12 teams they will go to a playoff game to decide the Championship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Are you Happy about Nebraska coming to the Big Ten? I'm psyched. They don't show too many Big 12 games  on TV out here as compared to Big 10. So you guys can beat us at hoops and take a beating on the Football field.
    Posted by ewhite1065

and im still trying to wrap my head around this fact...college football is never going to be the same again

i also think its time to cut the BS and start paying these players for their service to their school and the millions said school takes in because of their players

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : and im still trying to wrap my head around this fact...college football is never going to be the same again i also think its time to cut the BS and start paying these players for their service to their school and the millions said school takes in because of their players
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Who says they're not? LOL..
    Too many of the other teams like Texas, Missouri and colorado were shopping themselves around to other conferences and Nebraska didn't want to end up in a conference that was MAC Caliber. When Colorado left that was it. I was a little disappointed at first because I've always ripped the Big-10 But the more I think about going against OSU,PSU,MSU and Michigan the more I like it.
    Unfortunately like everything else in sports it's all about money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Who says they're not? LOL.. Too many of the other teams like Texas, Missouri and colorado were shopping themselves around to other conferences and Nebraska didn't want to end up in a conference that was MAC Caliber. When Colorado left that was it. I was a little disappointed at first because I've always ripped the Big-10 But the more I think about going against OSU,PSU,MSU and Michigan the more I like it. Unfortunately like everything else in sports it's all about money.
    Posted by ewhite1065

hmm...touche

and i totally understand why nebraska left...maybe if their tradition wasnt as strong as it is it would be another story but...

and i hear ya...i generally loathe the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type football that the big 10 plays...but then again...that was the traditional style of the osbourne run option offense and now have gone more conventional right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : hmm...touche and i totally understand why nebraska left...maybe if their tradition wasnt as strong as it is it would be another story but... and i hear ya...i generally loathe the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type football that the big 10 plays...but then again...that was the traditional style of the osbourne run option offense and now have gone more conventional right?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Most Definitely. When Nebraska won their Championships in the 90's and the 70's it was with the most dominant O-Line in College running the Option. I'd pay money to see them get back to that style. They need a better Option QB and better running backs though. They looked as though they were trying to do that at the end of last year but not very succesfully. It's pretty hard to change your whole offense mid season like that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Saw I M Hipp kick the snot out of IU as a kid. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

When I was in High School he was like a cult hero to me. I know the game your talking about too. He set a  Nebraska record on day. Some sick number like 280 yds.

Edit} Just checked 254yds. We had sick line back then. Every running back we brought in Kicked Buttt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Saw I M Hipp kick the snot out of IU as a kid. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Very high on the list of coolest names ever, although I actually liked Exree Hipp a little better. How Maryland failed to win the NCAA tourney in 1995 with the best player (Joe Smith) and the guy with the coolest name has always been a mystery to me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I am very happy to have Peyton Manning as QB of the Indianapolis Colts and Bill Polian as the team's President.
    Posted by underdoggggg

As much as I hate Polian the person, Polian the NFL Draft evaluator is brilliant.  And he has to be - I think the Colts were $15-20 million below the cap for a good part of this decade (RCA Dome held them back revenue-wise)

Also, Peyton is a good regular season QB and he's improving in the playoffs as he gets experience playing in them.  I wonder how much of his problem was not having a coach who had ever gotten it done in the big-time?  

Bill Simmons, Boston homer and writer for ESPN, had a good bit on clutch-ness being largely based on experience: when a player gets enough minutes in crunch time, he learns to get used to it and employ all of his talents instead of panicking or rushing.  Belichick already had two Super Bowl rings as defensive coordinator on Bill Parcells' great Giants teams, so he knew what it took to win under the bright lights, which could only help Brady.  Belichick also has 2-3 times more NFL coaching experience than almost any other coach in the league.  When he discusses the evolution of football, he's actually watched it happen firsthand.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not mentioned in the obviously slanted previous post is that when officials are instructed to "emphasize" the enforcement of one particular rule, it stands to reason that an objective assessment of all the action on the field is compromised in the effort to police that single aspect of the task.

If you need a quick proof of this theorem, please feel free to spend the next thirty seconds not thinking of an alligator sittiing on a bowling ball.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

No alligator expert here, but in my opinion, it stands to reason that officials would still look at the same things they always did with one exception - Knowing where 5 yards off the line of scrimmage is. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Officials didn't know where the five yards off were for the first 100 years of football; thank gosh for Indy 'fixing' that problem.

Sections
Shortcuts