Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian:
    In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : You female reproductive organ, Brady saying the Pats weren't tough last year included himself as a team member. He put the burden on himself as well as others. Polian saying the Colts OL cost the Colts the SB is completely different.  And when does Peyton Manning ever take blame where blame is deserved? You mean when he said that his receivers weren't running the right routes after the loss in San Diego? Peyton Manning is such a doofus. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Pure and utter BS. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Pure and utter BS. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Oh really?? http://bleacherreport.com/articles/101504-peyton-manning-chokes-again-third-nfl-mvp , and http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/20/why-peyton-manning-isnt-more-revered/ 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Well then, I guess you only listen to what you want to.  By the way, what 5 yard routes aren't timing routes?  Manning's ball was 3 yards to the right of Wayne who ran a 5 yd hook instead of a slant.  Porter didn't need to "jump" the route, the ball basically was thrown to him.

RESPONSE: More excuses...LOL!!!
    No Response at all.  I'll take that as you agree. 

Take off the pats glasses TP, there's a whole other world out there.

RESPONSE: I've read plenty of articles on the Manning SB choke...and have posted them to back-up my contentions. Where are your articles which tend to exculpate Manning, as you have suggested?
    I didn't say articles.  I said insiders in the know. 

We also know manning owns up to his mistakes.

RESPONSE: Join us in the real world, Dog(gggg)...LOL!!! When has ol' Horseface ever owned up to anything? Why should he, when he has excuse makers like you, Polian, and in the media working for him? Please name one of his many playoff chokes in which he hasn't used some excuse to explain his failings?
    Ridiculous.  I'll be happy to. 

RESPONSE: Sure he does.  Annual?

RESPONSE: Save for 2006, it's been annual. Every time the Colts lose in the playoffs, it's never Manning's fault. Why can't the guy be a man, and own up to his failings? Instead, he blames the weather, physical play, offensive line malfunctions, etc..  
    Apparently you've been duped by the defense and kicker led pats of the past.  Lets see - whether - Manning won the SB in the worst SB weather in recent memory.  Physical play - Manning has faced and beaten many of the best defenses in the past 4 years.  Pats, Ravens, Bears.  He did mention offensive line probs once. 

Should Manning have also caught the ball that Kenton Keith dropped near the goal line against SD in 2007 resulting in an int?  Maybe Manning should have run back Scifres punts in 08 or played LB and stopped Sproles.

RESPONSE: Manning didn't play well in that loss. The referees tried every way possible to give Indy the game, and protect Peyton. Remember the Cromartie pick-6 that was called back? In 2008, Manning couldn't lead his offense to score more than 17 points...and choked in the 4th quarter.  
    Really??  Manning was 33/48 for 400+ yds and a TD with no run support.  I'll ask again, did you expect Manning to also catch the ball he threw to Keith?  The Cromartie pick 6 was a last play of the half hail mary with a penalty.  I know you don't believe in penalties.  Your team gets away with them, like the 70 yd welker return last year v the colts with the holding on the return but no call.  If you actually knew what you were talking about you might have some credibility.  But then again, you are a fan of the WWE, we can't expect much.

Silly or true?  Everyone on this board thought Mankins was one of the 3 best guards in the league, that is until he called out his owner for playing games.

RESPONSE:  Again, a feeble attempt to change the topic. The Pats' offered him $7mil. a year, while the best guard in the game got paid 8mil. per year. How is it that Kraft "lied" to Mankins about addressing his contract in the off-season, when he made Mankins a creditable offer? The only one "playing games" with this BS is you.  
    Again, nope - just a valid comparison.  Its what we were originally talking about, not manning.  Do you know the pats offered him $7 mill per year?  It was only reported.  Was the report corroborated?  What was the signing bonus?  What was the 5 years structure?  You and I both know well enough that with a poor structure, the pats could have offered him $100 million and it would not have mattered. 

The point is, every team has issues.

RESPONSE I won't let you switch the topic...which is Manning's chokes, and Polian covering up for him by throwing his OL under the bus.
    This thread actually had nothing at all to do with Manning's chokes, but everything to do with organizational issues with the offensive line, which the pats also have.  I am more on topic than you.  Come on Pat you can do better than that.  Wait, you're a fan of the WWE.  I rescind my last sentence. 

Polian's criticism of the play of his line may bother the players some, but they are in camp.  On the other hand, Mankins is still under contract and could/should be in camp, but he feels as if he has been played the fool by his org.  Which would you rather have a publicly critical org head or a deceitful quiet one?

RESPONSE: Apples and oranges. I do not accept your premise that Kraft has been deceitful in any way. As I stated previously, there's been plenty of articles and information on the Mankins' contract matter to show that your claims about Kraft are a flat out lie. All Kraft promised was that Mankins' contract issues would be addressed by the team this off-season. They were...and a fair offer was made for his services. Why should the Patriots match an offer made to the best OG in the game, when Mankins is not the best OG in the game? Polian "a publicly critical organized head"?? How about an unethical, deceitful, organized head? Just ask Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, and Charley Johnson.  
    Not as it relates to organizational issues our respective teams' offensive lines have.  I don't know if Kraft has been deceitful, but Mankins has inferred that he is by saying one thing then doing another.  Mankins has never given reason to suggest he's not honest, so either he is lying or Kraft is deceitful.  I side with Mankins.  Again, you have no idea whether or not a fair offer was made.  If you have proof otherwise, then share it.  Who said they had to match the other guard's offer?  You are just speculating. 

Not changing the topic.  It goes along with the comment above that you chose to break apart.

RESPONSE: LOL!! Yeah, right. You're getting as good at excuse making as Peyton.
    Wrong again - you are just poor at keeping my single thoughts together as one. 

So I should rely on the information of fans rather than the information from the injured party?

RESPONSE Well...you choose to rely on how you feel about Peyton and Polian, rather than accept the words of Jeff Saturday, Ryan, Diem, Charlie Johnson, and Reggie Wayne...all who refute fault for the SB loss.  Mankins is the "injured party" in his own mind. Information has been set forth as to the value of the contract offered...and has been compared with the Evans' deal. If you feel that Mankins' is the "injured party", please explain why?  
    What?  You didn't answer the question.  Answer the question.  You can't compare Mankins offer and Evans contract without the structure which is ironically missing from the report.  If the reported offer did come from the team, you tell me why you think they didn't supply the guarantee or structure?  Could it be because they were substandard and would validate Mankins' statement?  

Give me one viable reason why Mankins should not be taken at his word?

RESPONSE: LOL!!! Let me repeat...he was offered a 5 year, $35mil. deal. The best guard in the game, who just helped win a SB, and who is two years younger, was given a contract worth $1mil. more per year, and two years longer. Where's the unfairness? Please explain. 
    5 and 35.  What's the structure?  If the structure is no signing bonus and $1 mill for the first 4 years and $31 mill for the last year with no guarantee, is that a fair deal?  If the reported offer came from the team, how come they didn't provide the guarantee or structure?  Could they be hiding something? 

Has he ever publicly said something prior to this to cause you or anyone else to question his integrity?

RESPONSE: What does that have to do with the above discussed issue? he guy feels that he hasn't been treated fairly. You say that you agree with him. Please explain why?
    It indicates whether or not his issue is credible.  Bruschi seems to take him at his word.  Everyone in pats land loves Bruschi. 

Have either the team or Mankins (or his reps) said exactly what the offer was or has the information come through "sources"?  Even if correct, as has been pointed out here dozens of times, the simple terms 5 and $35 are meaningless without structure.  You've admitted such.

RESPONSE: Isn't it odd that the Mankins' camp has said nothing in response to the Pats' making public the terms of their offer? If the amount of the $35mil. guaranteed is so egregiously low, why hasn't Mankins or his agent said so?  Or...could it be that Mankins' ego is getting in the way of this process Could it be that he thinks that he's really as good or better than Evans? Could it be that the problem lies there? 
    Did the pats make this public or did a "source inside the org" leak it?  Who in the pats org said the offer was 5 and 35?  And what is the structure?  where did you get that the 35 was guaranteed?  You are just making that up aren't you?  Until proven otherwise, and you certainly have fallen way short, at this juncture, I am willing to take Mankins at his word.

RESPONSE: But of course...you are a troll.
    I guess that is another word for independent and objective thinker. 

I think you likely do too, you just are not willing to admit it publicly.  The pats played Mankins.

RESPONSE: Change the topic all you like. The bottom line is  that Peyton Manning is a proven choke artist...Bill Polian lied about the play of his OL in a feeble, transparent attempt to excuse Peyton's latest choke, and protect Peyton's fragile ego, and legacy, ...and you have once again demonstrated why you have no credibility here.
    This has nothing to do with Manning.  That's your bag.  It makes you feel better about your recent pats failures.  05- Brady choke with 2 ints vs. Den; 06 - Brady's 4th Q int choke v Indy (funny when Brady has to deliver a TD it doesn't happen, isn't it) 07 - Brady's biggest choke of his career - "is Plax going to play defense"  ack.  09 - a 3 int stinker from Brady at home v the Ravens. 

This is about the colts oline being called out by polian but still showing up for work which is better than can be said for the pats oline.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Well, when a representative of one of the league's most successful franchises has such an inordinate amount of power on a committee that directly effects the fortunes of all NFL teams and represents such a clear conflict of interest, it's only human nature to speculate that he might use his undue influence to help his own cause in any way he could -- which leads fans of other teams to question the league's motivation in allowing such a conflict to go on indefinitely. As a Dolphins fan old enough to remember Don Shula in a similar position, I should think you would understand this.
    Posted by p-mike

well conflict of interest aside (like mr. mitchell working for the red sox or the close relationship that goodell and kraft have) bending the rules to suit you team isnt as bad as clearly violating them...i mean for shula to a certain extent and polian now, they wanted to turn the league into a passing league...which they did...which benefits teams that have QB's and kills teams that dont

look, im all for conspiracy theories...i think they are fun...but its not like polian telephones goodell, tells him that was a penalty and then goodell calls up the umpire and informs them they have called the wrong thing because it went against the colts...thats impossible and has too many moving parts to complete the conspiracy angle

personally...i think all sports leagues would be wise to not allow team reps on things such as a competition committee or rules infractions or whatever just to avoid the conspiracy notion all together...but whats wise and what happens are often two different things completely

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

I am very happy to have Peyton Manning as QB of the Indianapolis Colts and Bill Polian as the team's President.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Pure and utter BS. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Peyton blaming his OL. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I am very happy to have Peyton Manning as QB of the Indianapolis Colts and Bill Polian as the team's President.
    Posted by underdoggggg

Are you Happy about Nebraska coming to the Big Ten? I'm psyched. They don't show too many Big 12 games  on TV out here as compared to Big 10. So you guys can beat us at hoops and take a beating on the Football field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Indianapolis Colts
    Home: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Cincinnati
    Away: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington, New England

dang...it is a pretty soft schedule...but it is my feeling they have peaked...and will now start to regress...not to mention they are losing moore though he will "consult" time and changes take their toll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Are you Happy about Nebraska coming to the Big Ten? I'm psyched. They don't show too many Big 12 games  on TV out here as compared to Big 10. So you guys can beat us at hoops and take a beating on the Football field.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I think so, but they really need Notre Dame.  Where are you? Are you a Nebraska guy?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Indianapolis Colts Home: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Kansas City, San Diego, Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Cincinnati Away: Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, Philadelphia, Washington, New England dang...it is a pretty soft schedule...but it is my feeling they have peaked...and will now start to regress...not to mention they are losing moore though he will "consult" time and changes take their toll
    Posted by jcour382

You think the NFC east is easy?  I'll give you the AFC west is, except SD. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : I think so, but they really need Notre Dame.  Where are you? Are you a Nebraska guy?
    Posted by underdoggggg

Huge Nebraska Guy. Half my family is from Omaha and half from Boston. I'd like to see ND join up too now.  The Big 12 really P!ssed me off when they split the conference and separated Nebraska and Oklahoma. When Colorado went to the Pac -10 I knew Nebraska would take off. OU and Colorado were our 2 biggest rivals.I'm looking forward to Big-10 Schedule next year. I would imagine now that they have 12 teams they will go to a playoff game to decide the Championship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Are you Happy about Nebraska coming to the Big Ten? I'm psyched. They don't show too many Big 12 games  on TV out here as compared to Big 10. So you guys can beat us at hoops and take a beating on the Football field.
    Posted by ewhite1065

and im still trying to wrap my head around this fact...college football is never going to be the same again

i also think its time to cut the BS and start paying these players for their service to their school and the millions said school takes in because of their players

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : and im still trying to wrap my head around this fact...college football is never going to be the same again i also think its time to cut the BS and start paying these players for their service to their school and the millions said school takes in because of their players
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Who says they're not? LOL..
    Too many of the other teams like Texas, Missouri and colorado were shopping themselves around to other conferences and Nebraska didn't want to end up in a conference that was MAC Caliber. When Colorado left that was it. I was a little disappointed at first because I've always ripped the Big-10 But the more I think about going against OSU,PSU,MSU and Michigan the more I like it.
    Unfortunately like everything else in sports it's all about money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Who says they're not? LOL.. Too many of the other teams like Texas, Missouri and colorado were shopping themselves around to other conferences and Nebraska didn't want to end up in a conference that was MAC Caliber. When Colorado left that was it. I was a little disappointed at first because I've always ripped the Big-10 But the more I think about going against OSU,PSU,MSU and Michigan the more I like it. Unfortunately like everything else in sports it's all about money.
    Posted by ewhite1065

hmm...touche

and i totally understand why nebraska left...maybe if their tradition wasnt as strong as it is it would be another story but...

and i hear ya...i generally loathe the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type football that the big 10 plays...but then again...that was the traditional style of the osbourne run option offense and now have gone more conventional right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : hmm...touche and i totally understand why nebraska left...maybe if their tradition wasnt as strong as it is it would be another story but... and i hear ya...i generally loathe the 3 yards and a cloud of dust type football that the big 10 plays...but then again...that was the traditional style of the osbourne run option offense and now have gone more conventional right?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Most Definitely. When Nebraska won their Championships in the 90's and the 70's it was with the most dominant O-Line in College running the Option. I'd pay money to see them get back to that style. They need a better Option QB and better running backs though. They looked as though they were trying to do that at the end of last year but not very succesfully. It's pretty hard to change your whole offense mid season like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts' OL Rebuffs Polian : Huge Nebraska Guy. Half my family is from Omaha and half from Boston. I'd like to see ND join up too now.  The Big 12 really P!ssed me off when they split the conference and separated Nebraska and Oklahoma. When Colorado went to the Pac -10 I knew Nebraska would take off. OU and Colorado were our 2 biggest rivals.I'm looking forward to Big-10 Schedule next year. I would imagine now that they have 12 teams they will go to a playoff game to decide the Championship.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I agree.  Growing up, I always thought of Nebraska v Oklahoma much more than Texas v Oklahoma. 

The playoff, I believe is the reason they did it.  They also were looking at teams who could provide market presence for their Network.  Obviously Nebraska does not fit that mold, but they do everywhere else from academics to geography to sports. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Saw I M Hipp kick the snot out of IU as a kid. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by underdoggggg

When I was in High School he was like a cult hero to me. I know the game your talking about too. He set a  Nebraska record on day. Some sick number like 280 yds.

Edit} Just checked 254yds. We had sick line back then. Every running back we brought in Kicked Buttt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Posted by underdoggggg

Very high on the list of coolest names ever, although I actually liked Exree Hipp a little better. How Maryland failed to win the NCAA tourney in 1995 with the best player (Joe Smith) and the guy with the coolest name has always been a mystery to me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Posted by underdoggggg

As much as I hate Polian the person, Polian the NFL Draft evaluator is brilliant.  And he has to be - I think the Colts were $15-20 million below the cap for a good part of this decade (RCA Dome held them back revenue-wise)

Also, Peyton is a good regular season QB and he's improving in the playoffs as he gets experience playing in them.  I wonder how much of his problem was not having a coach who had ever gotten it done in the big-time?  

Bill Simmons, Boston homer and writer for ESPN, had a good bit on clutch-ness being largely based on experience: when a player gets enough minutes in crunch time, he learns to get used to it and employ all of his talents instead of panicking or rushing.  Belichick already had two Super Bowl rings as defensive coordinator on Bill Parcells' great Giants teams, so he knew what it took to win under the bright lights, which could only help Brady.  Belichick also has 2-3 times more NFL coaching experience than almost any other coach in the league.  When he discusses the evolution of football, he's actually watched it happen firsthand.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Doggs bark has always been worse than his bite....the Colts time has come and gone...Playoffs?...yeah, but they only won ONE SB during the Manning era, they will not win another one.....and please, talk about Kraft's friendship with the NFL Commish, you can't begin to compare the way the competition CTE became Polian's total prostitute by changing the rules in the defensive backfield because Liddew Marvin "It ain't my gun, Y'Honor!" Harrison got beat down by the Pats secondary...lol...and BTW, the Pats were punished severely for their transgression. BTW...you ever remember Brady acting like a spoiled prima donna the way Manning does when he gets sacked?...ever?..I don't think so.....sacking Manning late in a game is almost worth not making it to the SB...lol...he gets his man panties in SUCH a bunch....and his wife is an ugly ho next to Tom's chick
    Posted by jfaust1954

And I thought you fancied yourself high on the evolutionary scale of intelligence.  I was wrong again. 

Polian did not change any rules, apeface.  He suggested to the committee that the rules on the books should actually be applied.  The committee agreed.  You must be one of those pats fans that doesn't believe in rules like Belichick.   Listen, I have said before and I will say again that I do not fault the pats for their style of play when they held the colts receivers to a win.  Much goes on in a game where teams attempt to "get away" with things, like illicitly videotaping opposing coaches signals or offensive or defensive holding.  If they get away with it, it stinks for the team that was the victim, but those are the breaks.  But don't criticize those that try to make the indescretions right. 

Are you in jail, I mean, a cage?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Not mentioned in the obviously slanted previous post is that when officials are instructed to "emphasize" the enforcement of one particular rule, it stands to reason that an objective assessment of all the action on the field is compromised in the effort to police that single aspect of the task.

If you need a quick proof of this theorem, please feel free to spend the next thirty seconds not thinking of an alligator sittiing on a bowling ball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

No alligator expert here, but in my opinion, it stands to reason that officials would still look at the same things they always did with one exception - Knowing where 5 yards off the line of scrimmage is. Then again, maybe that is far far too much to ask and begs the question - If so hard, why institute the rule in the first place?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

No alligator expert here, but in my opinion, it stands to reason that officials would still look at the same things they always did with one exception - Knowing where 5 yards off the line of scrimmage is. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Officials didn't know where the five yards off were for the first 100 years of football; thank gosh for Indy 'fixing' that problem.