COLTS OR SAINTS????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: COLTS OR SAINTS????

Colts. I know people are ready to crown Drew Brees the number 3 QB in the NFL, but this should show everyone the diffrence between QBs 1a and 1b to the rest of the NFL. 

Peyton is in a class only Tom Brady can play in. All I saw last night was a team who couldn't close a game in Miami, if NO plays like that against the Pats I will guarantee they stay at 3. I expect the Patriots to win both games, but I would much rather see Tom vs. Peyton. 

We, the New England, will end both their undefeated runs on our way to the fourth ring!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kb87. Show kb87's posts

Saints. Colts haven't played anyone as tough as a few Saints opponents. Like NYG even MIA is better then anyone INDY has played so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Colts will be harder. We're playing them in their stadium so that's a given 3 pass interence calls on our CBs at our 1 yard line.

Seriously though, I think the Colts will be harder. Don't know why I think this because the Saints have certainly proven themselves, but there's just something about a Pats Colts game that seems like it's our hardest game of the season. Both teams are usually playing their best when they play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS????:
    [QUOTE]The Colts will be a harder test in my opinion. Miami showed yesterday that you can beat the Saints. If that's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger instead of Chad Henne everyone would be talking today about how the Saints were exposed. However, in my opinion, both these games are winnable for the Pats as long as they stick to their gameplan and execute.  Miami actually showed you the blueprint to beat both these teams and but for better execution at the end they would have beaten both these undefeated teams.
    Posted by uknepatsfan[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or did'nt Miami's Head coach blow that game by calling a time out when there was 5 seconds left in the first half and the ball on the 1 yard line with the clock starting after the replay.  The Saints were kicking a field goal and with the time out he basically handed the Saints 7 points vs the 3.  24-6 is a whole lot better then 24-10 @ half time.  He gave the Saints momentum and i knew @ that point the Saints would win.

As far as the Henne goes-- he played alot better then the stats would say.  1st int was a pass right on target.  The Dolphins receivers especially Tedd Ginn looked like T.O, dropping pass after pass. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shariq. Show shariq's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : I dont agree.have you seen the saints schedule?very easy.there only tough opponents are the giants,cowboys,and the pats.the falcons are over-rated.the jets defense is good,but no offense.the dolphins were a good test.the colts schedule is much tougher.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Colts schedule is much tougher? How? The combined record of their opponents so far is 11-26 with only Arizona having a winning record. if the Colts can win 3 out their next 5 games, including the one against the Pats,  then yes I'd have to agree that they are the team to beat.Otherwise I'd like to stay in the "Saints are the best team in football" camp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Saints. Colts haven't played anyone as tough as a few Saints opponents. Like NYG even MIA is better then anyone INDY has played so far.
    Posted by kbev87[/QUOTE] its true the colts havent played anyone so far.miami being there toughest game so far.compared to the saints games against the eagles,jets,giants,miami.the jets,and dolphins are good in some weeks,and bad others.now the rest of there tough games are this.the saints get the pats,cowboys,and falcons twice.and the falcons are over-rated.the colts will get the pats,ravens,texans twice texans are getting better,bronco,s,and jets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Since their is a famliarity factor with the Colts, i think BB will know how to attack the colts defense and offense, it should still be a close game as usual. Even with Matt Cassel last year the pats had a good chance to win the game, minus the Jabar Gaffney drop and David Thomas late hit penalty, the pats were hangin in there, and we have a way better defensive back group than last year. A formula is already set; 1. outside linebackers must set the edge on the colts stretch run play 2.That will take away the big stretch play action plays (manning to clark deep over the middle) 3.Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis must be accounted for on every play! 4. Mix in a good balance of run,pass, draws and screens to keep the colts pass rush honest. matchups to watch; Brandon Mcgowan on Dallas Clark.- Mcgowan has done a great job on tight ends so far this year. Adalius Thomas jams the tight end on the line of scrimmage and Mcgowan picks up from there. However Clark and Manning have the best QB to tight end chemistry in the league. This will be interesting. Saints will be tougher because lac of familiarity, and they have a pressure based defense, they bring heavy blitzes with good coverage on the back end, similar to the Jets style, so that will be tough for the pats o-line who didnt look too good against the Bucs. On offense they can spread you out 5 wide, or run the ball down your throat with three headed backfield; Mike Bell, Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush, leading the way is Heath Evans and a very underrated offensive line. The saints ability to be balanced on offense along with a pressure based defense, presents problems that the Pats will have to play their A game to execute against. key matchup; Jerod Mayo v.s Reggie Bush At one point in the game, the saints will design a play to get Bush in open field, no linebacker in the league has been able to succesfully mathup with Bush's open field ability. Mayo is one of the most athletic linebackers in the league and a great open field tackler, this will be a good one to watch.. thoughts??
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

I liked your post.

BUT

I don't think Reggie Bush is the key to stopping the Saints' offense.

From what little I've seen of the Saints, this is what I think:
    -Brees is short, needs passing lanes, and gets rid of the ball quickly.  His pre-snap recognition is excellent.
    -> I wonder if stunts would work after the ball is snapped, and I'd also be looking to disguise whatever coverage I was using.  It's hugely important to collapse the pocket around him to take away his sight lines, and I think Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork will play a bigger role on passing downs doing this than they usually do.  If you're going to blitz, then the pressure has to get to Brees immediately or force him to throw it away because he's actually better against the blitz than against 3-4 man rushes.  Also, it's as important as ever for defensive linemen to get their hands up when he throws it.
    - Marques Colston is their best receiver
    -> I would use either Springs or Bodden and try to disrupt his routes.  I'd also try to have help on his side of the field.
    - Reggie Bush is dangerous in space
    -> I see Guyton playing a big role in covering him, and I think it's as important as ever that 11 men rally to the ball to prevent him from getting into open field

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

The Saints beat the Giants in embarrassing fashion.  That's not an easy task, and for me it's the difference between the Colts and Saints.  I'm curious to see how they do against Atlanta, but I don't really see too many teams who can beat them.

The Colts will be tested in the next few weeks (upstart 49ers, Ravens, and Patriots).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

I'll be okay with 3-2 out of the next five.  If the Pats split with Miami, beat the Jets, they'll have to win at Indy or N.O.  All of the aforementioned looked good yesterday, biggest surprise for me was Miami in a loss.  But, the Pats are getting their act together.  After this stretch, I think the Pats will run the table.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Saints. Colts haven't played anyone as tough as a few Saints opponents. Like NYG even MIA is better then anyone INDY has played so far.
    Posted by kbev87[/QUOTE]
    Except of course that Indy played Miami, in Miami, and won.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VMIPatsFan. Show VMIPatsFan's posts

I can not wait until the Colts start playing decent teams so I can see if they are for real. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : I liked your post. BUT I don't think Reggie Bush is the key to stopping the Saints' offense. From what little I've seen of the Saints, this is what I think: -Brees is short, needs passing lanes, and gets rid of the ball quickly.  His pre-snap recognition is excellent. - /> I wonder if stunts would work after the ball is snapped, and I'd also be looking to disguise whatever coverage I was using.  It's hugely important to collapse the pocket around him to take away his sight lines, and I think Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork will play a bigger role on passing downs doing this than they usually do.  If you're going to blitz, then the pressure has to get to Brees immediately or force him to throw it away because he's actually better against the blitz than against 3-4 man rushes.  Also, it's as important as ever for defensive linemen to get their hands up when he throws it. - Marques Colston is their best receiver -> I would use either Springs or Bodden and try to disrupt his routes.  I'd also try to have help on his side of the field. - Reggie Bush is dangerous in space -> I see Guyton playing a big role in covering him, and I think it's as important as ever that 11 men rally to the ball to prevent him from getting into open field
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

thanks.

my bad, i didnt want to make it seem like reggie bush was the key to stopping the saints offense. im positive he's not, i think the o-line is, our defensive line will have to play at their best against the run and pass. if the o-line wasnt playing at this level then the saints wouldnt be able to maintain such great balance on offense. but i just wanted to point out that the saints do a good job of giving reggie bush the ball in space, maybe like 4-6 times a game, and if mayo/guyton can contain those to minimal gains, that will be HUGE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from capa94. Show capa94's posts

The pats have made good progress the last two weeks and I'm feeling better about this team but I don't think they can hang with either team for four quarters.  I fear the pats secondary will get shredded due to poor pass rushing.  We're going to find out if this team is a legitimate super bowl threat or not over the next month. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Both teams present a monumental challenge for different reasons:

1/ Saints: Brees, like Manning, have had a hot hand throughout the first 6-7 games of the year...however, the Saints have a more complete group of receivers.

2/ Colts: What they lack (in comparison to the Saints) they more than make up with their deeper knowledge of how the Pats play than possibly every team outside of the AFC East, with the exception of San Diego.

Thus, both represent huge hurdles that NE can, and must, overcome in order to become a true SB contender.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Colts are better than New Orleans. Period. And I mean that literally and not menstrually, although the context is equally applicable. No Orleans beat Miami by scoring 22 points in the 4th quarter. Even Sparano admitted he coached poorly in the 4th quarter and he has Chad Henne as his quarterback. Who do the Colts and Patriots have at QB  ? Some ne'r do wells named Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. If a team that has little more than the wildcat and good RB play (but still has some guy named after a Sub-Saharan African country at QB) can put up 30+ points what will happen when they face to surgeon-generals like Manning or Brady ? A suspect defense will be exposed. That's what.

I agree Brees is a very good QB. I am just not certain, at all, that he is capable of beating teams that are very balanced like Pittsburgh (who also has a better QB than Chad Henne) and have a defense that can bring the wood. If I am Indy, I throw all sorts of blitz packages at Brees. Upset the rhythm and timing. Mathis, Freeney interspersed with some Bob Sanders would be ideal. Brees is 6'1 210lbs., soaking wet with a suit of armor on and you need to punish him and his O Line to win. The Pats will be able to rotate players and keep fresh legs out on the D Line. We will also get to see our underated secondary play physical. Something players like Bodden, MacGown, and Meriweather are quite capable of doing. The Saints have graduated from good team to very good team and like most very good teams you have to play well, in all facets of the game, for 4 quarters or risk getting lit up like a Christmas tree.....and losing. I really would not care if Fork planted Brees. I am willing to settle for two PF calls if it means we get the win. Which brings to me  the last subject.

Does anyone realistically believe that Belichick thinks up excuses to pencil in losses ? "HMMMM....I see us losing at Indy because of our suspect defensive backs and lacklustre play at the Quarterback position.....Oh and we definitely lose to New Orleans because their offense can't be stopped......and Miami because they have Jason Taylor rushing the passer and we can't stop the wildcat any more than we can stop Jimmy Buffet from controlling our public airwaves." BS. Complete BS. Any team is beatable including New Orleans and Indy. You know how I know because neither has yet to have an undefeated regular season. The Patriots are about winning Super Bowls, not looking invincible and making the cover of SI in WEEK 7.

Cleveland lost to GB. Miami lost to New Orleans. All other teams in the AFC beat their NFC opponents. Some (Pats, Bengels,Colts) beat the other team so badly that the Queen herself felt they had been "besmirched beyond repair". She should stick to polo matches and corgi breeding because everyone knows it's not who is standing tall in October (or even November) it's who's still standing February.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

As Mike suggests, the Colts game is much more important from a seeding perspective, but I think the Saints are better and present more problems. It all comes down to matchups anyway and the Saints just have more weapons than the Colts do, and that is certainly saying something. However, given that each of these games is weeks away and with a single snap any of this can change, I'll reserve judgement until we know who's playing on those given Sundays. 

And to the poster who suggests the Colts will fold if down early, your memory is too short...21-3 Pats lead at halftime ring any bells?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hannah, I sensed a little "halftime lockeroom" emotion in that post. 

One for the Gipper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coltiniraq. Show coltiniraq's posts

Terrific thread with some well thought out posts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbdev1234. Show nbdev1234's posts

Colts will be tougher.
    NFC is still the weaker league, and the Saints have not really played a much tougher schedule than Indy...Maybe I give you NYG, but that was after a bye, and the GMen are pretenders anyhow.  Philly?  The team that lost to Oakland?  

Indy certainly hasn't played anybody, either.  But Indy is always tough - as good as Drew is, Peyton is still the standard.  

But it won't matter.  This year, BB has built this team's D to play Indy:  faster and more athletic.  The last 2-3 years have been tough on NE as our D had been getting old (Rodney, Tedi, Vrabel).  This D is different and, while we might not beat them in November (I say we win both), they are a work in progress and will be a much better D in the playoffs then they are now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Saints were exposed a bit in MIA, Henne then played like a 1st season starter.
    the colts can be exposed in the post season. That game at MIA is forerunner for Indy's postseason; being pushed around physically, while not controlling the clock.

The best team in the NFL has not started to rally yet IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

You've got to love the way Jbolt sticks to his guns.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Right now the 2 games look very hard, but they are not going to be played until 3 and 5 weeks from now... so, let´s see how each team gets there...

I dont mind to lose to the Saints, the conference games are the important from now on...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]You've got to love the way Jbolt sticks to his guns.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Even if they are empty squirt guns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to COLTS OR SAINTS????:
    [QUOTE]So i'm sitting  home yesterday watching the NFL redzone to keep up with every game and and by the end of all the games i had a question:which one of these teams will be harder for the Pats to beat:Colts or Saints?  Im almost tempted to go with the Saints because i feel like they have more weapons on Offense than Colts and they are playing good defense so far.what say you?      
    Posted by PatsBBBrady[/QUOTE]

Well, the Pats MUST beat Indy if they wan't to have any chance at a bye. Based on Brees being 2-0 in games started vs the Pats, the fact that they play NO on the road, and the talent the Saints have displayed this season, that the Pats will likely lose at NO.

With Indy's easy schedule, the Saints game is probably the only loss the Pats can afford to have if they want a BYE. Assuming the Pats beat Indy, I see the Colts finishing at 13-3.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : Even if they are empty squirt guns.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

You mean the squirtgun that works overtime or in hostile environments such as Indy two seasons in a row? That one?