COLTS OR SAINTS????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: COLTS OR SAINTS????

In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS????:
    In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : You mean the squirtgun that works overtime or in hostile environments such as Indy two seasons in a row? That one?
    Posted by jbolted

No, those were real guns.   

And I don't mean to correct you, but last year both games were played in SD.  We won the first, your punter (who seems to have lost his gun) won the second.

Hope the bolts can make it again.  The colts need prove themselves against the chargers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : Dave, No one predicted that the saints, denver, or indy would be THIS good, while most said the pats were SB faves. 
    Posted by underdogg

Ummmm no.  Not true.  We ALWAYS have trouble in Denver.  Altitude is alot of that, I live in Colorado Springs for 2 years, its tough to get used to.  The Saints were good last year, Indy is usually good, and whoever was predicting pats sb this year were the kind of people (sportscasters) who say "as long as this team has BB and TB I'm picking them"  which I never understood.  If the Patriots proved anything (3 times, I might add)  its that 2 guys can't do it alone.  Those 4 away games are tough.  But we can beat Indy and NO.  It just required cutting off the head of the beast in both cases.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

C'mon Dave,

Nobody in this world (other than Josh McDaniels in his wildest fantasy) predicted at the beginning of the season after 6 or 7 games Denver would be undefeated. 

Most were suggesting the offseason changes to the colts would result in a let down or that the loss of Dungy signaled a change for the worse for the colts.  Many were suggesting that Houston would end up the winner of the AFC south, including many on this board.

As for New Orleans, all offense no defense was the conventional wisdom, and with the rise of Atlanta, the saints would struggle to earn a post season birth. 

Finally, many in the media were hailing the return of Brady (as they should) and suggested that the offensive juggernaut would return to 07 form.  All of the offseason talk about Brady's progress going back to February suggested that there would be no rust on Brady upon his return. 

Obviously there were some other views on these teams (with the exception of Denver, because everyone was predicting they would be one of the worst teams in the NFL), but I think my assessment reflects the popular preseason opinions of the general media. 

That said, NE has demonstrated that it is BACK and without question has what is needed to beat both Indy and N O.  On the other hand, both of those teams also possess what is needed to beat NE.  Should be some good games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not sure which of the teams will be tougher, but I'm looking forward to seeing how our younger, faster defense holds up. In the past few years, our old, slow defense struggled to keep up with offenses like the Colts (and Saints). These games should show us if BB's trade of experience for youth and speed is starting to pay the expected dividends. If the defense plays well (even if we don't win both games), that will be an encouraging sign since we'll need to be able to keep offenses like this in check to win in January. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Saints by a sliver.  I think Colts are good but the games I have watched of theirs have been what I would expect from a good team playing doormats. I can't even say their win over Arizona is very indicitive of anything. I think the Patriots could lose both or win both or split... anotherwords these two games are so close they are pickems in my mind with the only advantage being home field.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : No, those were real guns.    And I don't mean to correct you, but last year both games were played in SD.  We won the first, your punter (who seems to have lost his gun) won the second. Hope the bolts can make it again.  The colts need prove themselves against the chargers.
    Posted by underdogg

I was referring to the postseason only. @INDY 2 years ago & The OT game last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: COLTS OR SAINTS???? : I was referring to the postseason only. @INDY 2 years ago & The OT game last year.
    Posted by jbolted

Surely you've been around here long enough to know that our young friend, underdogg, has taken selective perception to a higher plane.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

You've got to love the way Jbolt sticks to his guns.
    Posted by prairiemike

He's referring to the Pats right?

Sections
Shortcuts