Colts owner Irsay arrested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Colts owner Irsay arrested

He looks absolutely loaded in his mugshot photos. 

Not going to get all high and mighty as I am sure most have regrettably driven intoxicated at least once during their life, but at his age, his status, his position in the NFL world, what an absolute embarrassment to him, the organization and Colts fans. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Not a good day to be a colts fan.  Can we fire our owner? 

The compassionate side of me says that I hope he gets treatment.  He's obviously got an addiction problem. 

The other side wonders if there is some way to transfer ownership of the team.  He is in for a very very very seriously long slog that likely is not going to end well.  He is facing 4 felony counts for being in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.  He may be able to produce a prescription to get out of those charges, but his DUI will stick for sure. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Looks like he had a gig with a country and western band

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Smoke a little pot , drop few pills, get high tonight..Get down , get down, get down tonight.. Irsays theme song...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

“@bkravitz (Indy Star): I would doubt that Jim got popped for drinking. He says he hasn't had a drop in years. I'd bet the house it's drugs.”

[/QUOTE]

...and u believe his weak sauce? thats what druggies and alcies do.. they lie! bet hakeem nicks is having second thoughts now.. like father, like son! bet peyton's having no second thoughts.. in denver, only the execs and manangement get busted! arent u glad to follow a team whose only vices are low-ball aging and jabro stars or occasionally misinterpreting minor rules?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

“@bkravitz (Indy Star): I would doubt that Jim got popped for drinking. He says he hasn't had a drop in years. I'd bet the house it's drugs.”

[/QUOTE]

...and u believe his weak sauce? thats what druggies and alcies do.. they lie! bet hakeem nicks is having second thoughts now.. like father, like son! bet peyton's having no second thoughts.. in denver, only the execs and manangement get busted! arent u glad to follow a team whose only vices are low-ball aging and jabro stars or occasionally misinterpreting minor rules?

[/QUOTE]

We'll wait until the toxicology reports come back, but I'd imagine that Kravitz has a tad more knowledge of Irsay than you do.  Given his previous history with painkillers, I'd bet he was pretty wiped out on them. 

And I'll bet that Nicks is only worried about getting paid, catching balls from Luck, and getting back to the playoffs.  In all of the years of Irsay's issues, you've never heard former players speak poorly of Irsay.  Manning might due to his release, but his agent forced that hand with the 28 million bonus requirement before anyone knew how effective Manning would be in return. 

At any rate, what worries me is the front office and coaches.  They are held to higher standards than players and expect that of their owner.  They didn't get it.  Maybe this is a blessing for the colts.  Get Irsay cleaned up and back on track.  Grigson continues to make a positive name for himself and Pagano appears to have effective leadership skills as a coach. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The compassionate side of me says that I hope he gets treatment.  He's obviously got an addiction problem. 

The other side wonders if there is some way to transfer ownership of the team.  He is in for a very very very seriously long slog that likely is not going to end well.  He is facing 4 felony counts for being in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription.  He may be able to produce a prescription to get out of those charges, but his DUI will stick for sure. 

[/QUOTE]

Solid post, UD.

I think the compassionate side to all of us hopes he gets help, regardless of who he is.  Unfortunately, he is a very public figure so this story is going to get a lot of play time.  Hope he goes in the direction of getting help, facing this situation head on and taking the responsibility of his mistake like a man instead of going down the road of self destruction and further tarnishing your franchise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Solid post, UD.

I think the compassionate side to all of us hopes he gets help, regardless of who he is.  Unfortunately, he is a very public figure so this story is going to get a lot of play time.  Hope he goes in the direction of getting help, facing this situation head on and taking the responsibility of his mistake like a man instead of going down the road of self destruction and further tarnishing your franchise.

[/QUOTE]

He's got no one to blame but himself.  Fact is, he is a very good owner beyond his addiction issues, but those can kill a business.  Thankfully, professional sports franchises when run properly are usually assigned to others who really know the sport.  That's generally been the case in Indy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Solid post, UD.

[/QUOTE]

He's got no one to blame but himself.  Fact is, he is a very good owner beyond his addiction issues, but those can kill a business.  Thankfully, professional sports franchises when run properly are usually assigned to others who really know the sport.  That's generally been the case in Indy.

[/QUOTE]

You better hope that drugs and age don't make him go Al Davis on you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's not like no one else gets caught doing this.  He should have known better and, unfortunately, may get some favorable treatment the average Joe may not get.  Yeah, I know, this is a Colts organization big wig and makes some Pats' fans smile.

Await UDs comments.

[/QUOTE]

You would think that someone with that much money would hire a car and driver so they can get as buzzed as they want without endangering others.

People like this are the reason why I drive as little as possible New years eve and St Pats weekend.

[/QUOTE]

+1 - You know it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing's more embarrassing for a devoted fan to see the owner of their favorite franchise get popped like this.  We are all human and have failings that can be darn right embarrassing at times.  An noted in glenr's comments, why was he driving himself in the first place?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Solid post, UD.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You better hope that drugs and age don't make him go Al Davis on you.

[/QUOTE]

Let's assume that this issue has been "back" for a while (a couple of years).  It could explain some of his ridiculous tweets - which, imo, is that Al Davis road you speak of.  I couldn't agree more. 

I think there are a couple of solid things at play here (I hope) that may keep him from going down that road. 

• This problem is not new to him. He's cleaned up before.  He will have to get treatment and get cleaned up again.  Whether or not that lasts (history says it won't) remains to be seen.  But the NFL will require him to get cleaned up. 
    • I don't know this, but I don't think he wants to be like his dad.  Obviously he possesses the same addiction issues, but Bob Irsay was, by reports, not a very pleasant guy, and as a fan, not a very good owner.  I don't think either of those last two things apply to Jim Irsay. 
    • One thing (possibly the only thing) that benefits an owner who inherited a team is that they might not think they are "all that".  Many very successful people who get to the top and become rich enough to own a team think they are invincible.  Al Davis may have been that guy.  I don't think Irsay is.  I think he'll humble himself and get back to a healthy state and move the franchise forward.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I see a new reality tv show coming out......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegeeman. Show teegeeman's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#Colts owner @JimIrsay's bond is set at $22.5K after being arrested last night -- http://bit.ly/1g2tZBt  pic.twitter.com/uyuZuCOIT1

Embedded image permalink[/QUOTE]

Just goes to show, noone is totally useless. They can always serve as a bad example.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoodOldLeon. Show GoodOldLeon's posts

A drunk is a drunk is a drunk. A zebra can'y change his stripes.

Speaking of Drunks! Happy Saint Paty's Day to all of my horribly accented neighbors from the North.

Remember gang-Before hanging Irsay out to dry ...take a good long hard look in the mirror before puting this guy down for drinking and driving.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]ProFootballTalk         @ProFootballTalk

Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DUI, possession of a controlled substance http://wp.me/p14QSB-9riB

[/QUOTE]

no story here just usual nonsense

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

#Colts owner @JimIrsay's bond is set at $22.5K after being arrested last night -- http://bit.ly/1g2tZBt  pic.twitter.com/uyuZuCOIT1

Embedded image permalink[/QUOTE]

helluva shirt I gotta say

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Colts owner has admitted painkiller addiction in the past

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 17, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT Jim-Irsay-GettyGetty Images

Colts owner Jim Irsay’s arrest this morning on DUI and possession of a controlled substance charges might have been his first brush with the law.

But it’s far from his first cry for help.

Irsay admitted abusing prescription painkillers in 2002, saying he sought treatment for his addiction.

“After several years of orthopedic operations and procedures, accompanied by long bouts of chronic pain, I became dependent on prescription pain medications,” he said in a statement at the time. “I have successfully dealt with my dependence and my chronic pain issues. This has been a personal journey, and I ask that my privacy, as well as that of my family, be respected on this health issue.”

Irsay has also bragged on Twitter about not having a drink in 15 years, but this morning’s arrest suggests something was in his system. 

[/QUOTE]

well chronic pain and subsequent addiction to painkillers is a common and sad problem I have seen happen first hand...one of the many reasons I am pro-legalization of marijuana-medicinal use

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The thing I'll never understand about guys like that is why is he driving anywhere? Why take that chance? Hire a driver for crying out loud. Or take a limo, or whatever. Just don't get behind the wheel. Only explanation I can come up with is you don't want anyone, including a paid driver, to know where you're going.

[/QUOTE]

this i agree with Muzz...call ur limo ur a very rich man!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DUI, possession of a controlled substance http://wp.me/p14QSB-9riB

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if UD6, a/k/a The Dog(gggggg), a/k/a Gomez, was with Irsay when he got pinched?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoodOldLeon. Show GoodOldLeon's posts

And BOOOM! Another drunk falls off the wagon. Call a cab -Is that F'n hard to do?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if UD6, a/k/a The Dog(gggggg), a/k/a Gomez, was with Irsay when he got pinched?

[/QUOTE]

TP!

Happy St Patrick's Day Sir!

gotta say ur Pats are GOING FOR IT! i think this new approach took many in the NFL by surprise but if i am a Pats fan I am happy

What u think of my Jints off season so far? nothing earth-shattering like Pats/Broncos but solid pros all around to fill needed holes...like the RB Jennings especially

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If he was he should have been the designated driver