Colts/Patriots Pre-Game, Game, and Post-Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread

In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : So if I have concerns about something related to the Patriots, that makes me a whiner?
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    some people here don't like when you are too critical, you always have to be optimistic to be a Pats fan according to some. I know I am sick of our team giving up huge lead when all the have to do is keep with the game plan that is working. For some reason the coaches decide to go with different play calling and we can't even close out the game. The Pats did a lot of good things tonight but have some big issues to fix.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : some people here don't like when you are too critical, you always have to be optimistic to be a Pats fan according to some. I know I am sick of our team giving up huge lead when all the have to do is keep with the game plan that is working. For some reason the coaches decide to go with different play calling and we can't even close out the game. The Pats did a lot of good things tonight but have some big issues to fix.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Well said.....With the lead the Patriots had the team and fans should have been comfortable that they were going to win the game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Game Notes.....

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfmac=pressreleasesdetail&pid=46117&pcid=47&cp

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : Well said.....With the lead the Patriots had the team and fans should have been comfortable that they were going to win the game
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    I was never comfortable, I even posted that once they didn't score that TD the game was still wide open. The Pats will have to quickly prepare for their next game, I am sure they are already looking forward and trying to improve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Game Thread : I was never comfortable, I even posted that once they didn't score that TD the game was still wide open. The Pats will have to quickly prepare for their next game, I am sure they are already looking forward and trying to improve.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

I am never comfortable until the clock hits 0 when playing the Colts...Too many 3rd and long completions given up for 1st downs this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

Re: Colts/Patriots Pre-Game Thread

In Response to Re: Colts/Patriots Pre-Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]* nation... look forward to seeing the pi**ing & moaning after the game tommorow from you all. 18 is going to give that secondary nightmares for the next week.
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1[/QUOTE]

I would call 3 picks a dream........Hey, where did you go?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Where is ColtsPacersFan 1?????????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England Patriots realpatriots Couple of game notes: With win, Coach Belichick moves ahead of Paul Brown (170 career wins) into an 11th place tie with Joe Gibbs (171). #fb

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

CoolNew England Patriots realpatriots With 8th win of season, Patriots are assured of being only team in NFL to go 10 straight seasons w/o a losing record (active streak).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England Patriots realpatriots Brady (now w/33,206 career yds passing) passed Steve Young to move into 23rd place on All-Time Passing list. Bledsoe next on list at 22. #fb

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Colts/Patriots Pre-Game, Game, and Post-Game Thread

New England Patriots realpatriots Speaking of streaking ... Wes Welker extended streak of reg season games w/at least 1 rec to 73, including each of his 59 games w/Pats. #fb

(I think we all would agree that Welker was worth a 2nd round pick!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Colts/Patriots Pre-Game, Game, and Post-Game Thread

3 up, 3 down for the Patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A look at three players/units whose performance was "up" and three players/units whose performance was "down" from the Patriots' 31-28 win over the Colts:

Up
    Pass protection-- Going up against defensive ends Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis, the Patriots protect Tom Brady well as he is sacked just once. Brady is hit just twice in 26 dropbacks.

James Sanders -- Safety delivers the play of the game, a terrific interception at the 6-yard line with 31 seconds left to seal the win.

Danny Woodhead -- Running back finishes with 69 yards on seven carries, with his 36-yard touchdown run in the third quarter one of the most dynamic efforts in recent Patriots history.

Down
    Kyle Arrington --
    Cornerback misses a tackle on Reggie Wayne late in the second quarter, and then is in coverage on a beautiful Peyton Manning-to-Wayne touchdown catch later in that drive. Darius Butler replaces him at right cornerback in the second half.

Tully Banta-Cain -- Veteran outside linebacker/defensive end is penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness on the Colts' touchdown drive that makes it 31-28 in the fourth quarter. The penalty, which is the Patriots' only one of the day, comes right before Peyton Manning's 18-yard touchdown pass to receiver Blair White.

Julian Edelman -- Receiver can't gather in a 7-yard pass from Tom Brady that could have produced a touchdown in the fourth quarter. The Colts' comeback picked up momentum on the ensuing drive.