Colts-Patriots Rivalry over

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Colts-Patriots Rivalry over

Pouting is gone. Who becomes the new big rival? Not counting the jests as their QB is terrible.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Colts-Patriots Rivalry over

Hopefully this sends UD6 away permanently

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well if Peyton lands in Miami, I think that will give you your answer.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree if Peyton lands in Miami it is Miami, but It could be Miami anyway. They don't need Peyton to be a threat they are just good coaching and a couple players away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

There are still the Steelers and Chargers. Though both teams aren't what they used to be a few years ago they are always key games. And the Steelers are well managed and well coached, so they are always a threat. A healthy Texans team could also be an up and comer. You can say Baltimore, but I'm not sold on Flacco and that defense is getting old. And, of course, Miami if they sign Manning. Though I'm doubtful he will want to play there. Even if they sign Matt Flynn they will still be a possibility. KC is another team who might be in the mix if they upgrade at QB (and stay healthy). I think the biggest obstacle is the NFC. It seems the balance of power has shifted to them much like it shifted to the AFC back in the 90s.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Colts-Patriots Rivalry over:
    [QUOTE]There are still the Steelers and Chargers. Though both teams aren't what they used to be a few years ago they are always key games. And the Steelers are well managed and well coached, so they are always a threat. A healthy Texans team could also be an up and comer. You can say Baltimore, but I'm not sold on Flacco and that defense is getting old. And, of course, Miami if they sign Manning. Though I'm doubtful he will want to play there. Even if they sign Matt Flynn they will still be a possibility. KC is another team who might be in the mix if they upgrade at QB (and stay healthy). I think the biggest obstacle is the NFC. It seems the balance of power has shifted to them much like it shifted to the AFC back in the 90s.
    Posted by Bubthegrub12[/QUOTE]

The shift seems to be related to the fact that most of the top 10 QBs are now in the NFC. Everything else is probably equal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Yeah, I'd say the Colts are pretty much history.  They may never be a contender again.  years and years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

it never really was a rivalry because the only game of consequence the colts beat the patriots in was the 2006 afc championship game- and we all know the refs had more to do with that game than payaton necking -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

From a purely competitive standpoint, it's Bitchburgh and has been for many years. I'm tempted to say the Steelers may be headed for a lull, but that's dangerous thinking. The San Dago rivalry should have developed, but it's hard to develop any compelling aversion to a team as comically under-acheiving as the Chargers. On paper it's tempting to say Baltimore, but the Ravens -- much like the Colts before them --  have beaten the Pats in an important game exactly once.

Ideally, you'd like to see somebody on the rise take the mantle . . .  maybe Houston . . .  but we haven't played them enough to generate any kind of real animosity.

And plus besides . . .   as far as I'm concerned the Pats biggest rival is and always has been the Dolphins, no matter how much and for how long they blow.