Colts/Pats Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Colts/Pats Game

Surprised there aren't any threads about this yet.  I feel like the storyline that the commentators/lemmings will play up is that Brady and the Pats' offense are too big of a mismatch for the Colts defense.  Then, they'll throw a bunch of "how bad is the Patriot defense?"  But, the question on my mind is: aren't Andrew Luck and the Colts' offense just as much of a mismatch for the Pats' defense?  Just curious what y'all think...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Colts/Pats Game

Jules,

These guys are too busy waiting for the sky to fall regarding their defense.  For some of them, I think, the season is already over. 

I do not anticipate a colts win.  I just don't think they are nearly as good as their record suggests, but I am hitting my knees every night this week to seek some divine intervention. 

A win would be a wonderful thing.  Here's hoping Mathis and Freeney have their requisite speed and power.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I've been pretty optimistic about the Colts all year, which has made me mostly right.  I called that GB game, which put me in the most optimistic group of fans.  I like the Colts' chances in this game too, especially if Mathis plays (healthy).  I guess we'll learn something about the Colts' killer instinct at this game.  Win or lose, the Colts will exit the game in line for a Wild Card spot, but hopefully Luck, Redding, or whoever will get these guys pumped to make a statement...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

My fellow Patriot fans are too busy talking about the worst win in the Belichick/Brady era.

The Patriots' offense is scary good. The defense is scary bad. The Colts have been a surprise. I would expect the Patriots to win but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My fellow Patriot fans are too busy talking about the worst win in the Belichick/Brady era.

The Patriots' offense is scary good. The defense is scary bad. The Colts have been a surprise. I would expect the Patriots to win but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very close.

[/QUOTE]

I know the Bills were penalized twice as much as the Pats, but NE's penalties seemed to be uncharacteristic of a Billechek-coached team.  Does your D rack disciprine?  Is spikes a punk?  What's going on with that group?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've been pretty optimistic about the Colts all year, which has made me mostly right.  I called that GB game, which put me in the most optimistic group of fans.  I like the Colts' chances in this game too, especially if Mathis plays (healthy).  I guess we'll learn something about the Colts' killer instinct at this game.  Win or lose, the Colts will exit the game in line for a Wild Card spot, but hopefully Luck, Redding, or whoever will get these guys pumped to make a statement...

[/QUOTE]

Don't mistake my realism for pessimism.  I feel really good about the colts.  Primarily I feel good about their never give up attitude.  What they lack in talent they are making up for it in effort.  Luck, while still frequently demonstrating he is a rookie, has been stellar as a rookie.  Wayne has been amazing.  the D while not great, has at time shown enough stoutness to stop opponents drives when they've needed to. 

I don't expect Brady to have an off game like Rodgers did, but if someone can cover gronkowski, I think the colts have a chance. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You'll soon see posts here about this Colts game potentially being the toughest game of the year to date.  Also, how Luck will look like the second coming of Marino against the Pats. Doom and gloom all over and we are talking about a 6 - 3 team with the league's leading offense that scores both by run and pass.  Go figure!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Texas Pat is poking sharp sticks into his eyes.  It helps take his mind off of the pats defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Texas Pat is poking sharp sticks into his eyes.  It helps take his mind off of the pats defense.

[/QUOTE]

Which Pats fan can truly not ignore the issue about the defense?  If anything can be said positive about it is it actually is somewhat better, statistically, than last year's version when it was a cellar dweller in the league.  I think it relies too much on the offense to bail them out and they play without a sense of urgency to stop the other team no matter what the offense does.  I look at the pattern, the Pats' O jumps out, in most games, to 2 - 3 score leads or greater than the D appears to go soft.  Why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I know the Bills were penalized twice as much as the Pats, but NE's penalties seemed to be uncharacteristic of a Billechek-coached team.  Does your D rack disciprine?  Is spikes a punk?  What's going on with that group?

The defense had a bad day, worse than usual. That's all.

Spikes hit was perfect. The NFL apparently thinks differently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

Surprised there aren't any threads about this yet.  I feel like the storyline that the commentators/lemmings will play up is that Brady and the Pats' offense are too big of a mismatch for the Colts defense.  Then, they'll throw a bunch of "how bad is the Patriot defense?"  But, the question on my mind is: aren't Andrew Luck and the Colts' offense just as much of a mismatch for the Pats' defense?  Just curious what y'all think...

[/QUOTE]

it's only TUE, this kinda stuff normally doesn't come out until thursdays....lol :)

The question is: Are the Patriots going to make Luck look Lucky, Good, or an all-pro QB?

So long as the Colts can keep the game within 7 points - they have a chance to win this game.  If Talib and the secondary miraculously gel in 6 days, then the Patriots should win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just long for the days when leading up to the game we would all be talking about how Belichick was going to confuse the daylights out of ____________ (fill in the blank QB). When is the last time that happened? Quarterbacks of today look forward to facing us - they don't get hit and they have a career day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

45 - 14 Patriots

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just long for the days when leading up to the game we would all be talking about how Belichick was going to confuse the daylights out of ____________ (fill in the blank QB). When is the last time that happened? Quarterbacks of today look forward to facing us - they don't get hit and they have a career day.

[/QUOTE]

"I just long for the days when leading up to the game we would all be talking about how Belichick was going to confuse the daylights out of ____________ (fill in the blank QB)."

many still say it, it just aint true

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

now we use those days to talk about how bb and parts of the team are confused....lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Luck is going to have 550 yards passing.  Oh, wait!  Talib might be playing this game.  Luck will have 485 yards passing.  Thank goodness Manning isn't playing a Colt any longer, he might have had 600 passing yards.

The amazing thing is, the Pats still win!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

I hope spikes plants luck

Nick Perry hit on Andrew Luck

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Luck is going to have 550 yards passing.  Oh, wait!  Talib might be playing this game.  Luck will have 485 yards passing.  Thank goodness Manning isn't playing a Colt any longer, he might have had 600 passing yards.

The amazing thing is, the Pats still win!

[/QUOTE]

tfb,

yes but hopefully not winning by the receiver running the wrong route in the endzone with 5 seconds left (yielding a gift pick)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

45 - 14 Patriots

[/QUOTE]

Putting a lot of faith in Talib?

Me too, I am still going to start Pats D on my fantasy team! I see a lot of Colt turnovers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

As they say - you always need a little LUCK.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Indianapolis has been playing too many bunnies in a row, and just barely surviving most of these contests says something about Indy.  I have Indy as a 6-10 team in terms of strength.  I give Indy credit for a long week of preparation and yet I still spot New England 11.5 points. 

Indy started Darius Butler, famous no-good Patriots castoff (and that's saying something!), last week.  Butler was also cast off by Carolina earlier this season. 

New England likes to confuse rookie quarterbacks.  They will find an easy way to take Reggie Wayne, Luck's favorite target, out of the game.

Luck played at Stanford in California, and he's been playing in his dome or in the South since October 14.  He hasn't played that many games in New England, forecast to be overcast and dark after 4:30 p.m. with a good stiff northeasterly breeze forecast and 43 degrees by 7:00 p.m.  Tell Indy to practice their running game a bit.  The forecasted nor'easter off the coast may change its position by Sunday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Indianapolis has been playing too many bunnies in a row, and just barely surviving most of these contests says something about Indy.  I have Indy as a 6-10 team in terms of strength.  I give Indy credit for a long week of preparation and yet I still spot New England 11.5 points. 

Indy started Darius Butler, famous no-good Patriots castoff (and that's saying something!), last week. 

New England likes to confuse rookie quarterbacks.  They will find an easy way to take Reggie Wayne, Luck's favorite target, out of the game.

Luck played at Stanford in California, and he's been playing in his dome or in the South since October 14.  He hasn't played that many games in New England, forecast to be overcast and dark after 4:30 p.m. with a good stiff northeasterly breeze forecast and 43 degrees by 7:00 p.m.  Tell Indy to practice their running game a bit.  The forecasted nor'easter off the coast may change its position by Sunday.

[/QUOTE]

Bring on the sloppy cold! Didn't you just love Peytons dejected face on a 3rd down incomplete or worse with rain or snow drpping of his helmet/face!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welcome to Foxboro Andrew.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Get the message OUT...  All patriot fans that wear TANK TOPS get a free beer... !

Better yet a tank top with a blue horseshoe with the red circle/ slash over it...

Would love to see that on CBS with Jim Nance attempting to explain it ...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get the message OUT...  All patriot fans that wear TANK TOPS get a free beer... !

Better yet a tank top with a blue horseshoe with the red circle/ slash over it...

Would love to see that on CBS with Jim Nance attempting to explain it ...

[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a reunion of The Village People.  Provincetown invades Foxborough.  Coolade heaven.

Sections
Shortcuts