Colts/Pats Game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Colts/Pats Game

this game definitely has the potential to be a big shootout

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think the Patriots toughest matchups come from an efficient offense.  Luck has looked good the lask couple of weeks but he's still 26th in passer rating with 10TDs to 9 INT's.  With that sort of inconsistency they will need to be able to stop the Pats from scoring TD's consistently and I think that's going to be tough.  If the Colts can put long drives together like Buffalo and keep the Pats off the field they can win.  As long as they minimize those turnovers.

Overall I like the Pats because they are one of the best in turnovers and the Colts are one of the worst right now. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

At last we agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get the message OUT...  All patriot fans that wear TANK TOPS get a free beer... !

Better yet a tank top with a blue horseshoe with the red circle/ slash over it...

Would love to see that on CBS with Jim Nance attempting to explain it ...

[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a reunion of The Village People.  Provincetown invades Foxborough.  Coolade heaven.

[/QUOTE]

Yes. Now drink that kool-aid, and all will be made clear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Patriots toughest matchups come from an efficient offense.  Luck has looked good the lask couple of weeks but he's still 26th in passer rating with 10TDs to 9 INT's.  With that sort of inconsistency they will need to be able to stop the Pats from scoring TD's consistently and I think that's going to be tough.  If the Colts can put long drives together like Buffalo and keep the Pats off the field they can win.  As long as they minimize those turnovers.

Overall I like the Pats because they are one of the best in turnovers and the Colts are one of the worst right now. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think that the Patriots struggle more the better the other team is a protecting the ball. That is not one of the Colts strengths... No team in the NFL is better than the Patriots at it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I am hoping BB used the buffalo game as a smokeshow for Indy.  In other words, the passive somewhat vanilla game plan we saw will be replaced by an aggressive pressure package that will rattle luck.

With BB you kind of expect that he has something up his sleeve... like he's holding something back, almost like a preseason game.  It would explain some of the moves but not all. 

like, was the benching of Wilson a discipline move for a blown coverage or does he think Gregory is better? We shall see this week who starts.

to me its a closing speed issue.  Once a safety recognizes the play or read, he has to GET THERE . My impression is Wilson is faster and has arrived at plays quicker than the others.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Shen - there should be no doubt that the pats should be heavily favored to win.  As well as Luck is LEADING the colts there are still plenty of quarterbacking issues related to him being a rookie, and they cannot be discounted. 

That said, Luck has had 2 really bad games, the first against Chicago and then against the Jets.  I think he has otherwise, been at least an acceptable QB.  I expect the pats to double Reggie Wayne all day and make Luck win by working with the other receivers. 

Our oline is still suspect and the run game is still limited.  Football Outsiders has the colts D ranked dead last in the NFL.  Statistically, this should not be a game.  That said, the colts are somehow 6-3, and the hope generated from winning (and beating a team like Green Bay) is worth something. 

Good Luck

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Belichick has feasted on Rookie QB's.  I don't see that changing in this game.  However, if I listen to what's said on other threads, Belichick really doesn't have a hand in the defense anymore, that's the realm of a new DC, who many here don't care much for.

Lets hope those posters are right.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

bobbysu - I am obviously hoping for a significantly different outcome, but the realist in me sees yours as more likely.  I don't anticipate the colts getting pressure on Brady and that will give him all day.  I do anticipate Luck having some success, but not nearly enough for my desired outcome.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

I'm a Colts fan, but definitely do not see the Colts going into Foxborough and beating the Pats.  That being said, it makes me happy that there is even a conversation about the re-building Colts being in this game!  I hope it's a good one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I disagree with UD.  I see how the Pats have done at home, and I'm not impressed.  They laid major eggs against Buffalo, NYJ, and Arizona.  Now, every team in the league has had a bad game or two, but watching that Buffalo game got me excited to see what Luck could do against that defense.  Some of y'all say that the Colts have been barely beating bunnies.  (Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!)  I see a young Colt team that is gaining confidence and finding ways to win games.  You may feel better about the situation by talking about Luck's season stats, but in reality he's doing the things that help the team win (even if they don't help his stats).  Case in point: his five rushing TDs could have been throws to pad his QBR, but instead he helped his team get the win.  

At any rate, every one of the arguments I've heard of why the Pats should win this game could be turned around on the Pats.  Brady will be too much for the Colts' D - Luck should be way too much for the Pats' D.  (Heck, every other post around here is about how colossally bad the Pats' D is!)  Colts can't run the ball - the Pats ran for 4.0 YPC against the worst rush defense in the league last week after losing both starting guards!  Bottom line is: these two teams are going in opposite directions, and Billechick can't wave a wand and zap you up a defense.

Colts win 38-28 - my official prediction. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

atta boy Jules.  I love the confidence.  Spoken like a Chuckstrong believer.  I need to change my thinking.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Surprised there aren't any threads about this yet.  I feel like the storyline that the commentators/lemmings will play up is that Brady and the Pats' offense are too big of a mismatch for the Colts defense.  Then, they'll throw a bunch of "how bad is the Patriot defense?"  But, the question on my mind is: aren't Andrew Luck and the Colts' offense just as much of a mismatch for the Pats' defense?  Just curious what y'all think...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. 

I think I give NE an edge, but it's a LOT closer a match than people think. Luck is a legit NFL starter, and this defense can make backups look good. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don t think the Colts OLine can push/run against the PAts. I also dont think the Colts TE's can take advantage of the LB's the way Chandler did. Pats need to hit Wayne often and early while he tries to get off of the line. Luck has had success deep, so I think this is the game that the PAts have the right ducks in a row to bring the house and register double digits pressure.

Jones and Nink played poorly last game. I see them bouncing back. Ditto Mayo.

The way Solder and Vollmer have been playing, I can see holes for Ridley and Woody on the edges.  I dont see the Colts having any answers for the PAts TE's or if they go 3WR. Colts very vulnerable in the middle of the field 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]

I disagree with UD.  I see how the Pats have done at home, and I'm not impressed.  They laid major eggs against Buffalo, NYJ, and Arizona.  Now, every team in the league has had a bad game or two, but watching that Buffalo game got me excited to see what Luck could do against that defense.  Some of y'all say that the Colts have been barely beating bunnies.  (Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!)  I see a young Colt team that is gaining confidence and finding ways to win games.  You may feel better about the situation by talking about Luck's season stats, but in reality he's doing the things that help the team win (even if they don't help his stats).  Case in point: his five rushing TDs could have been throws to pad his QBR, but instead he helped his team get the win.  

At any rate, every one of the arguments I've heard of why the Pats should win this game could be turned around on the Pats.  Brady will be too much for the Colts' D - Luck should be way too much for the Pats' D.  (Heck, every other post around here is about how colossally bad the Pats' D is!)  Colts can't run the ball - the Pats ran for 4.0 YPC against the worst rush defense in the league last week after losing both starting guards!  Bottom line is: these two teams are going in opposite directions, and Billechick can't wave a wand and zap you up a defense.

Colts win 38-28 - my official prediction. 

[/QUOTE]
    I don't see it Julie, beating up on the hapless Jags isn't the same as playing the Pats in NE.  The Pats D will make Luck look like the real deal on his first possition and then shut him down for the rest of the day.  The NE D admittedly hasn't looked good but don't look at the Bills game and think they are that bad, Fitzy always gives us well Fitz.  It should be a close game though 45-7!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Get the message OUT...  All patriot fans that wear TANK TOPS get a free beer... !

Better yet a tank top with a blue horseshoe with the red circle/ slash over it...

Would love to see that on CBS with Jim Nance attempting to explain it ...

[/QUOTE]
    Sounds like a reunion of The Village People.  Provincetown invades Foxborough.  Coolade heaven.

[/QUOTE]

"not that there is anything bad about that"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this game definitely has the potential to be a big shootout

[/QUOTE]

all offense all of the time, and no d to get in the way? lol :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Surprised there aren't any threads about this yet.  I feel like the storyline that the commentators/lemmings will play up is that Brady and the Pats' offense are too big of a mismatch for the Colts defense.  Then, they'll throw a bunch of "how bad is the Patriot defense?"  But, the question on my mind is: aren't Andrew Luck and the Colts' offense just as much of a mismatch for the Pats' defense?  Just curious what y'all think...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. 

I think I give NE an edge, but it's a LOT closer a match than people think. Luck is a legit NFL starter, and this defense can make backups look good. 

[/QUOTE]

Will be interesting to see how the defense unravels this week

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]

bobbysu - I am obviously hoping for a significantly different outcome, but the realist in me sees yours as more likely.  I don't anticipate the colts getting pressure on Brady and that will give him all day.  I do anticipate Luck having some success, but not nearly enough for my desired outcome.

[/QUOTE]
    I think it may end up being a high scoring affair. Whoever has the ball last will have a chance at winning the game?

Sections
Shortcuts