Colts Player Arrested (Gun Charges like Hernandez)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Colts Player Arrested (Gun Charges like Hernandez)

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

There are bad eggs in the NFL, but really if you were to randomly pull together 2,000 young men from diverse backgrounds would you expect a different distribution of good guys and thugs?  I think the fact that every transgression by a professional athlete gets publicized makes things seem worse than they really are.  

Yes, I would expect a different distribution between good and bad people.  Most people are good people.  The amount of men in the NFL who are bad people is amazing. 

[/QUOTE]

Most of the 2,000 or so players in the NFL every year are okay too. If 40 are bad, it's only 2%.  The other 98% are okay. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There are bad eggs in the NFL, but really if you were to randomly pull together 2,000 young men from diverse backgrounds would you expect a different distribution of good guys and thugs?  I think the fact that every transgression by a professional athlete gets publicized makes things seem worse than they really are.  

Yes.

Face facts. A large majority of NFL players are black. One third of black adult males are convicted felons. Of course most NFL players are consorting with "the wrong crowd". It's their family!

No team can do business in the NFL if they demand their every player is squeaky clean the way this society works.

But before you whip out your liberal race card on me know that most of these felonies are drug related. And also know a very disproportionate number of blacks and hispanics are convicted of these "crimes" compared to whites. And also know that I am of the mind that the judicial system is biased against these persons in these matters. And while you're at it you might as well know that I would legalize drugs. As an ironic side note, during the last presidential election season the only candidate that complained about this disparity was not the first "black" president, it was the liberty loving Ron Paul.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

[QUOTE]

Why are you committed to deflecting AH's transgressions to what other clubs' issues. This is not the first time you've done this. Try staying in your own back yard and accept that all teams have personnel issues including the Pats and move on. That issue is already accepted and fans are ready to move ahead. I see what you are trying to do. Babe is right about you.

Belichick drafted Hernandez.  Rusty can't stand the fact that he blew it and embarrassed the orgainization...again.

[/QUOTE]

There are a host of choices BB made on draft day that can be criticized. The drafting of  AH in itself during the 4th round is one of the least eligible for that. Now, giving him the huge contract could be criticized on a number of aspects and perhaps the morals factor is one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What iam not getting is why is everyone from his agent to whomever is to blame for not knowing about AH past expect Kraft to BB in the eyes of rusty?

Why are you committed to deflecting AH's transgressions to what other clubs' issues. This is not the first time you've done this. Try staying in your own back yard and accept that all teams have personnel issues including the Pats and move on. That issue is already accepted and fans are ready to move ahead. I see what you are trying to do. Babe is right about you.

Belichick drafted Hernandez.  Rusty can't stand the fact that he blew it and embarrassed the orgainization...again.

[/QUOTE]

There are a host of choices BB made on draft day that can be criticized. The drafting of  AH in itself during the 4th round is one of the least eligible for that. Now, giving him the huge contract could be criticized on a number of aspects and perhaps the morals factor is one of them.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There's been a lot of press about the 27 arrests of NFL players since the Super Bowl, but most of those are DUI or possession of marijuana charges.  The more serious crimes tend to be assaults or domestic violence (usually with alcohol involved).  I don't want to downplay the seriousness of driving drunk or hitting someone while drunk, but what NFL players seem most guilty of is drinking too much.  This isn't an uncommon problem among 20 something year old men . . . 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Well, if they want to call themselves "professional" athletes then they should act professional. When you are making millions of dollars you shouldn't need to bring a gun to a club. Just because there are some bad eggs in the world doesn't mean that they should get a pat on the back and be told, "It's ok, we know you were raised in a tough area. Just try not to do it again, ok? Pretty please?"

No, these guys need to miss some serious time. Most places would get rid of a "bad egg" in a heartbeat. The NFL shoud do the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, if they want to call themselves "professional" athletes then they should act professional. When you are making millions of dollars you shouldn't need to bring a gun to a club. Just because there are some bad eggs in the world doesn't mean that they should get a pat on the back and be told, "It's ok, we know you were raised in a tough area. Just try not to do it again, ok? Pretty please?"

No, these guys need to miss some serious time. Most places would get rid of a "bad egg" in a heartbeat. The NFL shoud do the same.

[/QUOTE]

No one's saying they shouldn't pay the price for their transgressions.  All I'm saying is that I think  there are a relatively small number of guys getting into trouble when you look at the total population of NFL players. 

When bad eggs have rare and valuable talent, employers don't get rid of them as quickly as they do your average Joe.  Life's not fair that way, but that's just the way things work.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

This thread was otheirs rails from the first sentence.  When have the colts said their "system" was above anything?  They'be got nearly an entirely new team and coaching staff. 

The player was possessing a weapon which he should not (and that is a problem) but I didn't read anywhere that he was charged with using it.  Or using 5 times from point blank range into the back of someone's head or being suspected of using it last year to off a couple morE.  

lame effort from a jealous rusty.

What exactly is he jealous of troll?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No doubt Rusty is a lunkhead. But we have this sniveling little disingenuous Colts troll that has haunted the place for years now. Rusty is retaliating against him. If the troll was as objective as you are the problems would be far less severe with him.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts