Colts playing for anything?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Colts playing for anything?

Texans lose, pats get bye-but colts don't really get anything out of it- what do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Colts playing for anything?

Just thinking this also.  The only thing I can think is you really don't want to go into the playoffs after a loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Could they get 5th seed if Cincy lose?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Colts are playing for the 5th or 6th seed. Hardly seems like they will go all out for this. We need Denver to get clipped but they are up 21-6 now and get KC next week so we are likely # 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Colts are playing for the 5th or 6th seed. Hardly seems like they will go all out for this. We need Denver to get clipped but they are up 21-6 now and get KC next week so we are likely # 3.

I think no matter what they do or anyone else does the Colts are locked at #5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Pats are almost locked in at #3 as the Chiefs SUCK and will roll over to end their season. the Texans should beat Indy as the Colts have nothing to play for and will most likely tank it like they have in the past to rest players. I'd be shocked if the Colts did more than go through the motions.

Cinn really has nothing to play for  as well if the Ravens win tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Do the Colts prefer one team over the other? They are going to be the #5 seed and can end up playing the Texans, Broncos, Pats or Ravens in that slot.

If they beat the Texans there is a good chance they play them in Houston a week later. If they they lose they probably get the Patriots in Foxboro. It will be interesting to see if the Colts rest guys and make being healthy for the playoffs their number one priority...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Colts will never pull another Dungy.  You can bet they come to play next week.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

The Colts will never pull another Dungy.  You can bet they come to play next week.

I thought that was a Caldwell?!?!?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Dungy was the originator.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Colts are locked in at #5 and they are playing for nothing much.  I expect the Colts to start preparing tomorrow for the Baltimore/Cincy winner.   I would have favored the Colts by 1.9 points if they had anything on the line, but they don't. 

Nothing to do but accept the replacement refs' reversals of the touchdown vs. Arizona and the bad Baltimore field goal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I think the Colts will play this game!!! A win over the Texans will give them confidence if they play agin in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

It is interesting to see how they play it. Of course, even if they go all out for the win, the Texans might wake back up and beat them anyhow...

Honestly, my biggest worry is that the Patriots go for the bye, some one gets injured and they still miss out on the bye...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Colts are out for payback. They lost to Houston last week. Plus their HC is cleared to get back so I think they will be trying to run up the score.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

If I'm Indy I rest Luck, since their hopes largely depend on him and probably sit Freeney and Mathis as well.

I hope they play all out but frankly it wouldn't make sense to risk injuries for them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I just ran the situation on ESPN's site.  Pretty slick. 

According to the site, next week no longer matters.  Even if the colts lose and the bengals beat Baltimore next week and they all finish with 10-6 records, the colts get the 5th seed, Ravens win the division and the Bengals play the 6th seed.  

Bengals are playing some decent ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Arian Foster pulled for an irregular heartbeat today. Might affect his ability to play next week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--arian-foster-health-scare--missing-offense-leads-to-boos--questions-for-texans-000104992.html;_ylt=Au1yuyDal0oYqkCfq0Q57QdDubYF;_ylu=X3oDMTN1ajI1YnNzBG1pdANGRUFUVVJFRCBNZWdhdHJvbiBORkwEcGtnA2ZiYTM5OTMzLWI1NmQtM2NmNS04NDNhLTJmMzM4ZjYwOTcyZgRwb3MDMwRzZWMDbWVnYXRyb24EdmVyA2ZlNjBmNTMyLTRkNmMtMTFlMi05ZTdiLTZhZDZhNzVkOTNhYg--;_ylg=X3oDMTFoZHY1MWJpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think they want Luck to get every game possible under his belt.  They know they won't win the SB this year, so I doubt they pull up short, and beating the Texans would give them some feeling of accomplishment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Luck could still be playing for "Rookie of the Year" honors.  I know  it is a meaningless game for them as far as seeding, but they are a young team and I bet they want to go into the playoffs with as much momentum as possible.  I think they will come to play and give Houston a game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Can only think the Colts 2nd team will be so thrilled to start a game they get fired up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

The Colts have zero integrity.  They cheated last year, throwing games blatantly to draft Luck. Their owner cheats to get rules written to help his team.  They cheat to pipe in fake crowd noise. 

In the past, they have pulled all their starters and thrown regular season games when they didn't matter. 

If next week doesn't matter to them, they will throw the game, and let Houston win.  No doubt about it.  Relying on Indy to have any sort of integrity will never happen. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Dungy was the one thumping the bible about morals, but meanwhile estranging his own son, who ended up killing himself.  Dungy is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.  

Not to mention Dungy never won anything in Tampa, and the year after he was fired, the Bucs easily won the Super Bowl.  That proved what a failure Dungy is as a coach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

The Colts have zero integrity.  They cheated last year, throwing games blatantly to draft Luck. Their owner cheats to get rules written to help his team.  They cheat to pipe in fake crowd noise. 

In the past, they have pulled all their starters and thrown regular season games when they didn't matter. 

If next week doesn't matter to them, they will throw the game, and let Houston win.  No doubt about it.  Relying on Indy to have any sort of integrity will never happen. 

LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

No, the Colts aren't playing for anything.  The Colts will play #4 Baltimore in January, and they might as well start practicing for Baltimore tomorrow.  The lineup is pretty much locked down, except the Patriots have a choice, to win or to lose.

What are the Patriots playing for?

If the Patriots beat Miami, there's a slight chance that the disinterested Colts will beat Houston and the Pats will get a bye.  Also on the any given Sunday mythology, the Kansas City Chiefs will beat Denver at Denver.  That's the late game.

Otherwise, if the Pats beat Miami they host Cincinnati (8.5 point favorites).  Then they travel to Denver (6.1 point underdogs due to the bye week).  Then IF Houston wins, they travel to Houston. 

If the Patriots lose to Miami and if Baltimore wins (another big if with both teams having nothing whatsoever to play for), the Pats host Indy (13.6 point favorites).  Then they travel to Houston (2.2 point underdogs due to the bye week.  Then IF Denver wins, they travel to Denver. 

In other words, the Patriots are playing for considerably less than zero.  

In a Machiavellian version of football, The Patriots need to keep ahead of Miami for three quarters until they're 99.9% sure that Houston is mashing hapless Indy in front of their home crowd like a potato (not a 99% sure thing yet) and that Baltimore has a chance to pull it out at Cincy (not likely but possible, given that both teams want to mail it in equally).  At that point, Tom Brady needs to drop back 90 yards into his own endzone, place the ball nicely on the ground in the endzone and then triple dog dare a defensive player to pick up the football. 

If I were Baltimore, I'd want to lose to Cincy by at least 75 points, guaranteeing a slightly better road to the AFC Championship Game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to VeritasMD's comment:

Dungy was the one thumping the bible about morals, but meanwhile estranging his own son, who ended up killing himself.  Dungy is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.  

Not to mention Dungy never won anything in Tampa, and the year after he was fired, the Bucs easily won the Super Bowl.  That proved what a failure Dungy is as a coach.

made your mom proud today.

Sections
Shortcuts