Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton

Could say alot about it, but will just share the article

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/10/colts-promise-not-to-just-pack-up-and-go-home-without-peyton/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Re: Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton

I hope they go .500.....that will keep them firmly ensconced in mediocrity, and well away from Luck, the best of both worlds.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

All they have left is two good pass rushers. 

Sympathies to Undergoddddddd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Well they've got a chip on their shoulder and that's good for them, but if they start of the season in a losing fashion that team is going to crumble faster than a straw hut in a hurricane.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

A better title would be "Colts promise to go through the motions". ;-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

The team may not but I'm sure their fans will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Can't expect anything different to be said.  Nobody goes into the season thinking they won't win the Super Bowl.  Not everybody is a loudmouth obnoxious twit like Rex Ryan.  What do you expect the Colts to say?  "Well since Peyton Manning is done for a while, so are we." 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Manning is a great player but he is not THAT GOOD. These guys have won like 12 games a year for 10 years in a row, and now we are supposed to believe they will fall off the map. No way! They still have Reggie Wayne, Addai, Saturday, Clark, Freeney and Mathis just off the top of my head.

If these guys really go 3-13, put Manning up there with Ali, Jordan and Babe Ruth! 

No way he was THAT GOOD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In Response to Re: Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton:
    Manning is a great player but he is not THAT GOOD. These guys have won like 12 games a year for 10 years in a row, and now we are supposed to believe they will fall off the map. No way! They still have Reggie Wayne, Addai, Saturday, Clark, Freeney and Mathis just off the top of my head. If these guys really go 3-13, put Manning up there with Ali, Jordan and Babe Ruth!   No way he was THAT GOOD.
    Posted by Celtics1986

By the end of the year you will end up saying, yes Manning was that good. Freeney and Mathis are great pass rushers but a lot of their stats are because the Colts played with a big lead. With the big lead they could just speed rush the passer because the other team was in catch up pass first mode. This year the other teams will be playing with a lead or it will be close and will not have to pass almost every down. Both Freeney and Mathis are at best average run stoppers. On offense Manning made some of those receivers what they are just like Brady has done. You will end up seeing a big drop off in their stats this year, just no way around it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton:
    Manning is a great player but he is not THAT GOOD. These guys have won like 12 games a year for 10 years in a row, and now we are supposed to believe they will fall off the map. No way! They still have Reggie Wayne, Addai, Saturday, Clark, Freeney and Mathis just off the top of my head. If these guys really go 3-13, put Manning up there with Ali, Jordan and Babe Ruth!   No way he was THAT GOOD.
    Posted by Celtics1986

They were 10-6 last year. So I figure they'll be worst case 7-9 without Pouting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton : By the end of the year you will end up saying, yes Manning was that good. Freeney and Mathis are great pass rushers but a lot of their stats are because the Colts played with a big lead. With the big lead they could just speed rush the passer because the other team was in catch up pass first mode. This year the other teams will be playing with a lead or it will be close and will not have to pass almost every down. Both Freeney and Mathis are at best average run stoppers. On offense Manning made some of those receivers what they are just like Brady has done. You will end up seeing a big drop off in their stats this year, just no way around it.
    Posted by paesan59

consider this post marked.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Posted by Celtics1986

Kinda missing the boat here aren't ya?  This is the QB position we're talking about here.  You have to be able to read the defenses and Manning is one of the best at it.  Plus Manning puts the ball where only his WR can catch it.  Not all QBs read as well or place the ball as well as Manning.  The backups for the Colts are terrible.
    That kinda takes Wayne and Clark out of the equation.

As paesan says the Colts defense is built to play with the lead.  You can run on the Colts especially with Manning out.  There is no fear of being down by 3 TDs if you don't score.  You can be more patient with the run.  This makes Freeney and Mathis less effective.

The Colts model is unique and I think it makes it fragile.  If a player like Manning or Freeney go down it is huge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Would you expect anything less?  Would we have expected the Pats to have folded shop, like so many fans thought would have happened in 2008, when Brady gets hurt?  Unfortunately for the Colts, Manning truly drove that team and they did not build enough around him to pick up the pieces if he were to go down.  Fortunately for us Pats fans, we do have capable back-ups to Brady with many other parts to pick up the slack.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Colts promise not to “just pack up and go home” without Peyton :   The backups for the Colts are terrible. Posted by garytx

Don't forget they picked up Kerry Collins, an upgrade from they had in Painter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think the Colts have enough talent to compete wit a lot of teams. I am from the camp that believe a player always has something to play for. Pride for one. To get the Colts to lay down they have to get 53 players to buy in. A guy like Saturday wont lay down.
    What the Colts have to do is coach. Its like having a rookie playing for you. He needs to manage the game. Collins brought the titans to the playoffs when he was said to be done. I dont think he's that bad and will play better then you think. I think the colts go at least 8-8

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope they go .500.....that will keep them firmly ensconced in mediocrity, and well away from Luck, the best of both worlds.
    Posted by hambonawilliams

Good point, if they go 4 and 12 they'd end up with some good draft selections - throw in Peyton coming back maybe next year and they could be much improved.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If Mannings prognosis is bad permanently the Colts should go after Carson Palmer. Give up a first rounder or 2. It'll be a 4 or 5 year bridge until they decide what direction their future goes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If Mannings prognosis is bad permanently the Colts should go after Carson Palmer. Give up a first rounder or 2. It'll be a 4 or 5 year bridge until they decide what direction their future goes.
    Posted by Philskiw1

Yeah, i thought they shuld have done that at the begining of training camp. Hard to believe no team has tried to trade for already.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mort: Peyton told agent to protect Colts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

They lied.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Colts will definitely not pack it in. They prefer to use the terminology, "Going into the Tank". This team is done and Caldwell really eats it. I'm sure even the Indy fans are getting a harsh taste of reality after todays game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

I promise to win the Tour De France.

Sections
Shortcuts