Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar!

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar!:
    In response - must I respond to every pot stirring, lather building report that arises?   My opinion on this - I could care less.  These are generally the kinds of things I don't comment on.  I have been on this board for years and I challenge you to find the last time I brought up Belichick's adultry in an effort to arouse the ire of the board.  On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of story that defines who Texas Pat is.  There is no limit to what he will use to incite.  Very petty and childish, indeed.  Now if someone simply wanted to ask, how will this affect the colts, then its a fair question.  I believe the answer is - it won't. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

LOL.  Dayum...i just used the adultery card myself. I just realized I've just lowered the bar on myself. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In response - must I respond to every pot stirring, lather building report that arises?   My opinion on this - I could care less.  These are generally the kinds of things I don't comment on.  I have been on this board for years and I challenge you to find the last time I brought up Belichick's adultry in an effort to arouse the ire of the board.  On the other hand, this is exactly the kind of story that defines who Texas Pat is.  There is no limit to what he will use to incite.  Very petty and childish, indeed.  Now if someone simply wanted to ask, how will this affect the colts, then its a fair question.  I believe the answer is - it won't. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Uh-Oh!

He's added another "G"; everyone take note and update your ignore user list! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TP - your arguements are poorly constructed.  You need to spend a little more time developing them.

RESPONSE: Oh really, Professor Dog(gggg)?? My opinions have been, in my estimation. clearly and succinctly laid out. On the other hand, your retorts that I am the devil, and that you don't think Wayne's performance will be affected at all by his off-field troubles, are child-like, and pie in the sky, respectively. 

In fact you said you were concerned about Wayne's play.

RESPONSE: I never said that I was "concerned about Wayne's play." I said that his play could be affected by his off-field follies.

I said, if he plays poorly, he's got a number of capable receivers to cover for him.
    I don't know how that comment amounts to paranoia, but I do know you reside in a world unlike the rest of us, so what may be paranoia to you, in this case, is called alternatives for the rest of us.

RESPONSE: There you go again with your childish personal attacks, and your attempts to take my words out of context. I said that, if Wayne is less than 100% either physically or mentally, that it would negatively impact the Colts. But, I did not say that it would destroy the Colts. That...and the reference to me as the devil, is where your raging paranoia shines through. Furthermore, your "alternatives", Gonzalez, Garcon, and Collie, though decent WRs (Garcon has a chance to blossom into a star), are simply not in Wayne's class...yet. So, if Wayne regresses, so will the Indy passing attack.

Further, your point, I guess is that like Woods, Wayne may be in a situation that causes enough distractions to affect his play.  Ok.

RESPONSE: I take it by "OK", you mean you agree. Fine.

Could we say the same about Brady last year.  Although statistically better than most other years (given the receivers he had), a substantially less effective year overall than most.  Is Brady like Woods in that he entered into a situation (Gisele marriage) that caused enough distraction to cause him to have a less than effective year?

RESPONSE: Absolutely not!! As usual, when you cannot defend your position, you try to change the focus of the discussion. Nice try, son. If you want to refer to Brady getting married as a "distraction", so be it. Brady performed well in 2009. He should do even better in 2010, after being a full year away from his serious knee injury. If you think anyone's going to buy that marrying Gisele is in any way comparable to Wayne or Woods running around on their wives...thereby exposing themselves to hellish situations at home, and public ridicule...good luck...LOL!!

And now that Brady has said he won't be around like he was in the past and is hoping some of the new veterans take leadership roles for him, will he be affected even more?

RESPONSE: Surely you jest...LOL!! The only thing that affected Brady last year was poor pass protection, rust, and gaining confidence in his knee. 

If that is what you mean, then I see your point about Wayne.

RESPONSE: Once again, you are straining to change the focus of our little debate. What Wayne and Woods did was expose themselves to public ridicule by blatantly cheating on their wives...and placed themselves in a the throes of a very nasty family problem, or even a divorce. Things like that do tend to have a negative affect on people.

Boy am I glad he is a receiver and not the QB.  Know what I mean?

RESPONSE: How much more absurd can you get? Know what I mean?   

Posted by underdoggggg

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - either you are a liar or you have a poor short term memory.  Which is it?

First, I said:
    Now if someone simply wanted to ask, how will this affect the colts, then its a fair question.
    To which you responded:
    TP:  RESPONSE: That is the exact question that I posed!! 
    Then you changed your arguement:
    TP:  Again, I'm not talking about how the team will be affected
    then you changed it again:
    TP:  I said that, if Wayne is less than 100% either physically or mentally, that it would negatively impact the Colts.

Which position would you like to take TP?   

Further, I never said that Wayne would destroy the colts.  I wondered if this situation would "affect" and if so, the colts.  You chose to insert words like "bring down" and "destroy" - in place of "affected".   You tried (unsuccessfully as usual, I might add) to put words in my mouth.  Work on your arguements, then come see me. 

As for Brady, Wayne, and Woods - distractions are distractions.  The cause is irrelevant.  I don't know (nor do you) if Gisele is a distraction, but it appears that she could be (e.g. - the shooting at the wedding).  I don't know if Wayne's issue will be a distraction for him, either.  It is certainly possible.  Woods, it appears has been affected by his distractions. 

Your opinion of what affected Brady's is yours.  You may be right.  You may be wrong.  He may have been distracted from his preparations during his offseason with Gisele.  A year ago February, everyone was hailing his recovery and said he would not be affected in the season.  That's why the Pats were preseason superbowl favorites.  Fell significantly short though, didn't they?  Brady poor prep?  maybe.  Looks to be more of the same this offseason. 

I know you want to blame the Oline for Brady's poor performance, but the stats just don't bear it out.  They are not dissimilar to Manning's stats yet with much less talent catching the ball, he won MVP.  It wasn't the line.  Brady said it was a lack of leadership.  He wasn't around to provide it.  Won't be this offseason either.  He's hoping for guys like Holt and Crumpler to provide it. 

Finally, there is no change of focus to the discussion.  We are just digging a little deeper into what it really is.  Since woods is a golfer, he's not a very good comparison, but Brady is better.  If we dig into that and compare Wayne, we might come away with this:  SPECULATION. 

At least it satisfies you and your poor arguements in the offseason TP.  But I'd be more concerned about your pats.  They got a lot of questions.  Know what I mean?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I can't believe this thread has legs. Who cares? I would bet every athlete is out there hitting what he can when he can.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Z - Texas Pat cares. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TP - either you are a liar or you have a poor short term memory.  Which is it? First, I said: Now if someone simply wanted to ask, how will this affect the colts, then its a fair question . To which you responded: TP:  RESPONSE: That is the exact question that I posed!!  Then you changed your arguement: TP:  Again, I'm not talking about how the team will be affected then you changed it again: TP:  I said that, if Wayne is less than 100% either physically or mentally, that it would negatively impact the Colts. Which position would you like to take TP?    Further, I never said that Wayne would destroy the colts.  I wondered if this situation would "affect" and if so, the colts.  You chose to insert words like "bring down" and "destroy" - in place of "affected".   You tried (unsuccessfully as usual, I might add) to put words in my mouth.  Work on your arguements, then come see me.  As for Brady, Wayne, and Woods - distractions are distractions.  The cause is irrelevant.  I don't know (nor do you) if Gisele is a distraction, but it appears that she could be (e.g. - the shooting at the wedding).  I don't know if Wayne's issue will be a distraction for him, either.  It is certainly possible.  Woods, it appears has been affected by his distractions.  Your opinion of what affected Brady's is yours.  You may be right.  You may be wrong.  He may have been distracted from his preparations during his offseason with Gisele.  A year ago February, everyone was hailing his recovery and said he would not be affected in the season.  That's why the Pats were preseason superbowl favorites.  Fell significantly short though, didn't they?  Brady poor prep?  maybe.  Looks to be more of the same this offseason.  I know you want to blame the Oline for Brady's poor performance, but the stats just don't bear it out.  They are not dissimilar to Manning's stats yet with much less talent catching the ball, he won MVP.  It wasn't the line.  Brady said it was a lack of leadership.  He wasn't around to provide it.  Won't be this offseason either.  He's hoping for guys like Holt and Crumpler to provide it.  Finally, there is no change of focus to the discussion.  We are just digging a little deeper into what it really is.  Since woods is a golfer, he's not a very good comparison, but Brady is better.  If we dig into that and compare Wayne, we might come away with this:  SPECULATION.  At least it satisfies you and your poor arguements in the offseason TP.  But I'd be more concerned about your pats.  They got a lot of questions.  Know what I mean?
    Posted by underdoggggg

Dog(gggg):

Having a discussion with you is like arguing with a fence post. As for your  ridiculous comparisons to Wayne's World, Tiger woods, and Brady getting married, it's too absurd to waste my time any further. In short, you bore me. Know what I mean?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

LOL TP - way to fold.     

Can't support your contradictions any longer can you, TP?  No, you really can't; not when it is all there in black and white for the world to see. 

Take some time off, my man, you could use it.  It will take a lot of hard work to rebuild your credibility.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar! : No. 12 had nothing to do with the loss? Now, thats laughable. Praise Brady in victory you have to be able to critique him when he's not good. Brady, like McDaniels, picked a wrong time to be mediocre. I'vesaid this numerous times in the past. The 'O' didnt pick up until the last half of the 4th qtr. And Brady being    who we think he is, couldnt change a play? He couldnt go to BB or Josh  and state whats they were doing defensively?  Please spare me the Brady massaging  he's married 1-time. You may not agree that this is relevant. But when you we lost the Superbowl the talk was the Pats would never be the same. The dynasty is over. This Superbowl was huge for the legacy of EggHead. Now couple that with the O-line trading subtle barbs with the GM & owner, on who is the blame for the SB loss. Players wanting new contracts. I remember Parcells saying when he was here. The downside of making the SB was that playrs would want to break the bank the folowing season.  And we saw how a plyr wanting a new contract, who's also looked upon as leader, reacts(Vince Wilfork). And if you read in b/t the lines them drafting Jerry Hughes pretty much lets you know how they feel. It could get messy. And any distraction may not bother Egghead, you seem to believe. But it doesnt mean it wont affect others.
    Posted by datdude401

aaahhhh, the memories Laughing

I didn't read the sport section for 3 months after that loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

LOL TP - way to fold.      Can't support your contradictions any longer can you, TP?  No, you really can't; not when it is all there in black and white for the world to see.

RESPONSE: Call it a fold if it makes you feel better...I call it a retreat from boredom, and your nonsensical arguments.  

It will take a lot of hard work to rebuild your credibility. 

RESPONSE: These the words from a guy with zero credibility...LOL!!!

Posted by underdoggggg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP

Fold or retreat it doesn't matter.  Both work along with "lack of credibility" as defining pieces of your character.  

Looking forward to your next contradic..., I mean post.  whoops.  Freudian slip.  Surprised

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar! : Why do you continue to respond to that wretched cur? Please, just put it on ignore and let it play with itself.
    Posted by antibody

LOL!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar! : Why do you continue to respond to that wretched cur? Please, just put it on ignore and let it play with itself.
    Posted by antibody

Antibody - I accept that you are a pats fan and would quickly defend TP without question, but I don't know why you would here.  Unresolved arguements between fans of opposing teams is generally expected.  Even so, that should not mean one side of the arguement should flip flop flip their position multiple times just to keep the discussion off balance.  That is either intentional disingenuousness or a really poor lack of mental acuity.  Either way, the point is one cannot carry on a credible discussion when one of the participants either cannot or intentionally chooses not to maintain a consistent position. 

As you have clearly seen, Texas Pat is one of the top instigators on this board, and he frequently likes to claim arguementative superiority (whether correct or not) over most.  Given his self promoting personality, I thought he and the board would appreciate me pointing out his mistakes. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar! : Antibody - I accept that you are a pats fan and would quickly defend TP without question, but I don't know why you would here.  Unresolved arguements between fans of opposing teams is generally expected.  Even so, that should not mean one side of the arguement should flip flop flip their position multiple times just to keep the discussion off balance.  That is either intentional disingenuousness or a really poor lack of mental acuity.  Either way, the point is one cannot carry on a credible discussion when one of the participants either cannot or intentionally chooses not to maintain a consistent position.  As you have clearly seen, Texas Pat is one of the top instigators on this board, and he frequently likes to claim arguementative superiority (whether correct or not) over most.  Given his self promoting personality, I thought he and the board would appreciate me pointing out his mistakes. 
    Posted by underdoggggg

Are you still whining??? LOL!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

TP - what should we discuss now?  Distractions?  Should we discuss how distractions aren't distractions unless you say they are distractions? 

LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

TP - what should we discuss now?  Distractions?  Should we discuss how distractions aren't distractions unless you say they are distractions?  LOL
    Posted by underdoggggg

Don't you have some hay to bale, or something??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar! : aaahhhh, the memories I didn't read the sport section for 3 months after that loss.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Im with ya!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Colts Reggie Wayne gets caughtin the cookie jar! :      Don't you have some hay to bale, or something??
    Posted by TexasPat3

c'mon TP - you can do better than that.  I thought we were going to discuss distractions. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

I can't believe this thread has legs. Who cares? I would bet every athlete is out there hitting what he can when he can.
    Posted by zbellino

Yea, but every athlete doesnt call the FBI after the fact! Unless, thats how you get down.

Sections
Shortcuts