Colts Sing Heyward-Bey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Colts Sing Heyward-Bey

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1566798-darrius-heyward-bey-and-indianapolis-colts-agree-on-1-year-contract

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Colts Sing Heyward-Bey

Can we get Ivan Sinovac, a WR  from the Slovakian National Football League? He had 39 receptions last year for 420 yards, and 5 TDs, but he was playing with a crappy QB. Wait till you see what Brady can do with him. And BB can sign him real cheap, despite the lousy exchange rate for the American Dollars.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well it might turn into a good signing for the colts if luck can get him the ball down the field...he certainly has the speed and luck has the arm.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Luck will have a lot of weapons this season Reggie Wayne,Heyward-Bey, TY Hilton,Lavon Brazil, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen Imagine these guys with the Pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Is the whole team singing to him-just kidding. Actually this is a good signing for the Colts-I can see Luck getting him the ball-hate to say it but I see some tough games coming against these Colts in the very near and distant future-they are for real-how lucky,(LOL), to go from PM to AL?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kylerocks. Show kylerocks's posts

He's young and fast, he's a former #1 pick of Da Raiders, he doesn't seem to be very smart, has a questionable work ethic and attitude, runs the wrong routes and doesn't have great hands, did I mention he's fast.  BB usually likes to draft guys like this, usually in the 2nd round.  Hopefully we won't get one of these duds this time around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to kylerocks' comment:

He's young and fast, he's a former #1 pick of Da Raiders, he doesn't seem to be very smart, has a questionable work ethic and attitude, runs the wrong routes and doesn't have great hands, did I mention he's fast.  BB usually likes to draft guys like this, usually in the 2nd round.  Hopefully we won't get one of these duds this time around.

Think you're right--I could see BB having nightmares thinking oh no not another Bethel Johnson or Tate-fast with stone hands and horrible route running-straight runners too bad NFL isn't track!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Can we get Ivan Sinovac, a WR  from the Slovakian National Football League? He had 39 receptions last year for 420 yards, and 5 TDs, but he was playing with a crappy QB. Wait till you see what Brady can do with him. And BB can sign him real cheap, despite the lousy exchange rate for the American Dollars.

never heard of the Slovakian National Football League-gotta check it out!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I fink he`s kidding ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I fink he`s kidding ;)

now that's a disappointment....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Good signing for the Colts.  High Reward/Low Risk.  I think he'll put up good numbers with Luck throwing to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would have rather had Heyward-Bey then Michael Jenkins!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

So? He'll fit in well with the young, fast, no hands Colts WRs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

He's got speed, can probably get open and Luck can get him the ball.  Now, will he be able to catch it?

Just askin'

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think there are better in the draft.  What happened to Nelson?  I think he could have been a good addition.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I would have rather had Heyward-Bey then Michael Jenkins!

I'd rather have nether

If I was going to take a chance on a young kid it would be a Ramses or Nelson because they would be a #3/4 WR and if they don't work out then no big deal. Bey would be closer to a #2 so there's a little more risk if he doesn't work out. Of course we have Jones as our #2 right now so what am I talking about?

Anyways Bey might not even be able to sign here. He'd drop the pen!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What did they pay him?  He's the kind of guy that you might bring in to see what he does in camp if you're not making much of a financial commitment to him.  But if he was costly, then I'm not sure it's such a good tune to sing.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

What did they pay him?  He's the kind of guy that you might bring in to see what he does in camp if you're not making much of a financial commitment to him.  But if he was costly, then I'm not sure it's such a good tune to sing.  

$1.5mil gauranteed that could be worth up to $3mil over the year, so right on that camp body line that they've brought in in the past.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not too bad, but with the guarantee, you really need to be thinking he's going to make the team.  Pats would probably be wary of that kind of commitment to a guy they could cut before the regular season.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

Gonna be just like Rapelisburger to Wallace. Perfect fit for Heyward cuz now he has a guy who can break out the pocket and chuck it deep after scrambling drills. Probably came cheap too but we get guys like Michael Jenkins??  smh

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You guys are living in the past when talking about Heyward-Bey's hands...

Darrius Heyward-Bey's improved hands are the most important improvement he has made, because without it, nothing else matters. He was embarrassing in his rookie campaign, dropping passes and unnecessarily jumping for passes at times.

Then in 2010, his second year, he started to look like a decent receiver, with a drop percentage of only 10.3 percent.

In 2011, he drastically improved that, cutting his drop percentage in half to 5.3 percent, and three of those drops were in one horrible quarter.

In fact, that 5.3 drop percentage has him in the top percentile of NFL receivers.

In 2012 he had 5 drops all season.

The guy is a burner, Darrius Heyward-Bey's speed scares defenders to death, and he has finally found a way to use that in his favor. He even has a drop percentage of a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL these days.

He has very good route running ability and his size and strength are what really sets him apart.

Would have loved to see him in a Pats uni this season, Pats fumbled the ball on this one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

You guys are living in the past when talking about Heyward-Bey's hands...

Darrius Heyward-Bey's improved hands are the most important improvement he has made, because without it, nothing else matters. He was embarrassing in his rookie campaign, dropping passes and unnecessarily jumping for passes at times.

Then in 2010, his second year, he started to look like a decent receiver, with a drop percentage of only 10.3 percent.

In 2011, he drastically improved that, cutting his drop percentage in half to 5.3 percent, and three of those drops were in one horrible quarter.

In fact, that 5.3 drop percentage has him in the top percentile of NFL receivers.

In 2012 he had 5 drops all season.

The guy is a burner, Darrius Heyward-Bey's speed scares defenders to death, and he has finally found a way to use that in his favor. He even has a drop percentage of a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL these days.

He has very good route running ability and his size and strength are what really sets him apart.

Would have loved to see him in a Pats uni this season, Pats fumbled the ball on this one.

+1

Sections
Shortcuts