Colts Sing Heyward-Bey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Colts Sing Heyward-Bey

In response to TFB12's comment:

Would have loved to see him in a Pats uni this season, Pats fumbled the ball on this one.

BB gave himself a dirty look and benched himself.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

He's got speed, can probably get open and Luck can get him the ball.  Now, will he be able to catch it?

Just askin'

No, he won't.  I can only imagine Brady looking in his direction and he drops one early in camp or the season, only to never look his way again.

Plus, the Raiders offense isn't known for asking for much with IQ from the WRs.

I literally have no idea why any Pats fan was thinking he would be a good fit here. The team needs route runners who can catch with high football IQ.

Apparently Rusty doesn't follow along very well.  Go watch current film on the guy!

Let me repost this again since you must have missed it the first time.  Or do you just ignore all the good about someone who isn't a Patriot?

[QUOTE]

You guys are living in the past when talking about Heyward-Bey's hands...

Darrius Heyward-Bey's improved hands are the most important improvement he has made, because without it, nothing else matters. He was embarrassing in his rookie campaign, dropping passes and unnecessarily jumping for passes at times.

Then in 2010, his second year, he started to look like a decent receiver, with a drop percentage of only 10.3 percent.

In 2011, he drastically improved that, cutting his drop percentage in half to 5.3 percent, and three of those drops were in one horrible quarter.

In fact, that 5.3 drop percentage has him in the top percentile of NFL receivers.

In 2012 he had 5 drops all season.

The guy is a burner, Darrius Heyward-Bey's speed scares defenders to death, and he has finally found a way to use that in his favor. He even has a drop percentage of a legitimate No. 1 receiver in the NFL these days.

He has very good route running ability and his size and strength are what really sets him apart.

Would have loved to see him in a Pats uni this season, Pats fumbled the ball on this one.

[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Michael Jenkins is a better pickup then Heyward-Bey would have been?  The upside is tremendous with this guy.  A whole lot better then Jenkins upside.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are we really pining over a guy who was the 7th overall pick in the draft, who's never had a 1000 yard season, never played a full 16 games or caught more than 5 TD's in a season?

And Belichick catches grief here when his 3rd round picks don't pan out...

If we were starting a a track and field team this guy would be up there on my "get" list.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

If BB could remove head from rectum and lock up the immortal Darius Heyward-Bey then he might have a shot at acquiring the talent neccessary to win a championship. It's so obvious...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Are we really pining over a guy who was the 7th overall pick in the draft, who's never had a 1000 yard season, never played a full 16 games or caught more than 5 TD's in a season?

If we were starting a a track and field team this guy would be up there on my "get" list.

Hmmmmm???  Hayward-Bey or Michael Jenkins??? I take Hayward-Bey and others would too.  Probably worth discussion since the Pats chose Jenkins. Bey has huge upside, speed, strength, runs good routs, improved hands, youth.  Makes the Jenkins signing look like garbage. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bey had 5 drops all year because his QB sucks and he's not open enough. 

You have excuses for everything.  And yep!!  This is another lame one!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Hmmmmm???  Hayward-Bey or Michael Jenkins??? I take Hayward-Bey and others would too.  Probably worth discussion since the Pats chose Jenkins. Bey has huge upside, speed, strength, runs good routs, improved hands, youth.  Makes the Jenkins signing look like garbage.

HAHAHAHAHAHA seriously?  He runs good routes?  Oh man that is too good.  Have you ever watched this guy play or ever read any analysis of his skills?

In all honesty though comparing the signing of a guy who has no guaranteed money and won't count against the cap to a guy with a 3 million dollar salary half of which is guaranteed is a bit rich.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

One thing we can take to the bank is that Bill Belichick feels jenkins gives his team a better chance to win then DHB, or Nelson, or the great Ramses Barden. Unless you feel that BB doesn't do things for the best interest of team, which means you have been living under a rock for the past 20 years.

I would assume that BB feels that with 120 million dollars committed to Brady's receiving options he will fill the rest of the roster out with value depth.

if we couldn't score enough points with randy Moss, Welker, Stalworth, Gaffney, Watson then what is left? Do we try and get Gronk, hernandez, Amendola...Larry Fitzgerald...and Mike wallace.....no, no we don't.

Dear Patriots, sign Abraham or another veteran edge rusher, draft a DT, a DB, and a OT/G. Win a SB with the amazing young and talented roster you already have.

Don't listen to the noise....not that yopu ever would!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Colts Sing Heyward-Bey

Nah-nah-nah-nah
    Nah-nah-nah-nah
    Hey-ey-ward
    Beeeeey!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I would have rather had Heyward-Bey then Michael Jenkins!

Toochee-I agreee!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bey had 5 drops all year because his QB sucks and he's not open enough. 

You have excuses for everything.  And yep!!  This is another lame one!

How is a fact an excuse? I've watched enough Raiders games to know what kind of player he is.

You also just said the guy runs good routes, which is a joke.  He's a one trick pony with the dropsees and a major bust for the Raiders.

BUST

He is more then a one trick pony and if you actually watched a Raider game you would know.  But here you go again, saying things like they are a fact when all they really are is your lame opinion.  Heyward-Bey would have been a much better signing then Jenkins.  Come on Rusty, admit it!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Yeah exactly, the guy is average at best. My first reaction was not to sign him, he drops the ball too much. Does anyone really think that Brady's going to be chuckling The ball 40-50 yards down the field? It's not his game. He's not even in top 15 for accuracy throwing deep balls, how many long passes has he ever completed? I can think of one to troy brown against Miami and a couple to Moss. I love having Brady as the QB but don't think the long pass or the deep threat is a part of  his game. He's the best at the short to intermediate throws in the league and at 36 he's not going to change to a deep passer.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

TFB...I agree with you that we need a good, fast receiver to take the top off the D...but speed alone won't get it done.....DHB just ain't the guy.....they'll find someone, I truly believe that.

Hahahahaha!! Come on now!!  They have been trying since Moss left and still have not found anyone who could do it.  Still looking!!